UPSB v4

The Vault / SpinFest - Looking for organizer

1. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Jul 25 2012 18:41:23

Is anyone willing to organize the UPSB collab for the spinfest collab? Tasks include: - Deciding the release date - Collecting videos - Deciding how to filter videos - Find an editor

2. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 03:40:12

I could help out with this, but am hesitant to be in charge since I'm not all that knowledgeable about modern PS

3. Kari
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 04:42:33

I'm in the same position as Strat. I'd love to help but I'm not good at deciding how to filter. @strat1227 maybe it would work better if we work together. Just throwing that idea out there. :p

4. Quake
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 05:00:13

im willing to collect the videos. but editing is not my thing. ill help in any way i can, just pm me with whatever you might need.

5. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 14:03:45

Kari wrote: I'm in the same position as Strat. I'd love to help but I'm not good at deciding how to filter. @strat1227 maybe it would work better if we work together. Just throwing that idea out there. :p
    filtering can be a collective process, you can hire a group of people to help filter. the organizer is in charge of selecting who and the method of filtering

6. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 14:22:51

both of which I'd just have to guess on haha. if i was in charge i'd essentially just end up having to pick someone to do all the work and i'd only have my name on it while not actually contributing anything except for distributing work to others haha

7. Kari
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 17:08:26

Zombo wrote: filtering can be a collective process, you can hire a group of people to help filter. the organizer is in charge of selecting who and the method of filtering
    Well sounds like we got a plan. We just have to do this as a group. I'll organize the spinners and attempt to find an editor, @strat1227 you can find a group of people to decide a method of filtration. The editor may even have plans on how to filter this. How does that sound to everybody? ^_^

8. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 17:12:29

sure, @Kari sounds like you can be the "head" of the committee and organize the organizing lol PM me when we have all the vids and I'll figure out how to filter them

9. Kari
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 17:16:58

@Zombo with this being in the vault and all I feel like I should ask.. Is it alright to organize this in the collaboration organization and signup area?

10. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 22:55:15

Kari wrote: @Zombo with this being in the vault and all I feel like I should ask.. Is it alright to organize this in the collaboration organization and signup area?
    i also wanted to know, is this collab going to be meant to show off our top spinner? or to represent our top spinners?

11. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 23:36:50

Kari wrote: @Zombo with this being in the vault and all I feel like I should ask.. Is it alright to organize this in the collaboration organization and signup area?
    yes when you are ready you should make a sign up thread probably need to decide a release date first though look at the spinfest calendar

12. Quake
    Date: Fri, Jul 27 2012 00:03:52

okay, this sounds fine to me.

13. Kari
    Date: Fri, Jul 27 2012 04:23:11

Zombo wrote: yes when you are ready you should make a sign up thread probably need to decide a release date first though look at the spinfest calendar
    Alright, I looked at the calendar and it looks like September 9th is still open. Let's release UPSB's collab that day. @Kyoflow I honestly would like to have a new variety of spinners instead of the usual few good spinners that we see in a lot of collabs. We will just have to wait and see how it turns out though.

14. Quake
    Date: Fri, Jul 27 2012 16:06:01

Kari wrote: Alright, I looked at the calendar and it looks like September 9th is still open. Let's release UPSB's collab that day.
    so then the signups shpuld be put up pretty soon, giving spinners two or three to get their videos in. Then the filtering and editing can go on for the rest of the three or four weeks? that way there is plenty of time for everyone. Thoughts?

15. Kari
    Date: Fri, Jul 27 2012 16:11:47

DJSpin wrote: so then the signups shpuld be put up pretty soon, giving spinners two or three to get their videos in. Then the filtering and editing can go on for the rest of the three or four weeks? that way there is plenty of time for everyone. Thoughts?
    I set the deadline for September 1st. If you think one week isn't enough for an editor please let me know and I'll fix it. Other than that, here is the sign-up thread. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12123&p=215689#post215689

16. Quake
    Date: Fri, Jul 27 2012 18:58:10

Kari wrote: I set the deadline for September 1st. If you think one week isn't enough for an editor please let me know and I'll fix it. Other than that, here is the sign-up thread. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12123&p=215689#post215689
    heh, i think its fine. i think it might depend on how well the editor works tho. if you do decide to go with xienix i think one week would be fine. but whatever you think is best. gl.

17. Kari
    Date: Sun, Jul 29 2012 16:36:46

DJSpin wrote: heh, i think its fine. i think it might depend on how well the editor works tho. if you do decide to go with xienix i think one week would be fine. but whatever you think is best. gl.
    Thank you. I'm sure it will be fine.

18. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Aug 25 2012 09:19:10

@Kari can you contact vicgotgame about either the upsb collab or the all-star collab at the end of the spinfest, thanks

19. Kari
    Date: Sun, Aug 26 2012 00:37:43

Zombo wrote: @Kari can you contact vicgotgame about either the upsb collab or the all-star collab at the end of the spinfest, thanks
    Do you want me to see if he is participating in either of them? Do you want me to contact him after the UPSB SpinFest Collab is released?

20. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Aug 26 2012 08:04:05

ask him if he is interested in sending a video for us for these collabs, thanks

21. Xienix
    Date: Mon, Sep 3 2012 13:39:01

@strat1227 sent me the vids as soon as possible ^_^

22. Kari
    Date: Wed, Sep 5 2012 17:11:40

Xienix wrote: @strat1227 sent me the vids as soon as possible ^_^
    I sent you the videos already. :p

23. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 03:37:10

who should send the video for the all-star? im thinking @Iota because he didn't have a chance to participate in the regular collab and he's winner of UPSBT

24. Kari
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 03:43:54

[QUOTE=Zombo;228284]who should send the video for the all-star? im thinking @Iota?

25. Iota
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 21:30:39

.o. kayyy, but doesn't all star usually go to like, best spinner of the board though? Anyway, sure I'd do that, but I don't know anything about due date, what to do, etc., fill me in? and thanks for inviting me :P

26. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 21:39:29

well you are the best spinner of this board since you won the UPSBT the due date is november 30 max 15 seconds

27. Kari
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 21:49:39

Iota wrote: .o. kayyy, but doesn't all star usually go to like, best spinner of the board though? Anyway, sure I'd do that, but I don't know anything about due date, what to do, etc., fill me in? and thanks for inviting me :P
    You have plenty of time but you must do your very best. :D

28. Iota
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 22:31:51

Zombo wrote: well you are the best spinner of this board since you won the UPSBT the due date is november 30 max 15 seconds
    our best spinners weren't allowed to participate since they were in WC =3= thanks for the info, that's a far-off due date so I probably won't film super soon since I'd end up being better than the filmed combo to some extent, by the time it released, but for now I'll start planning a combo. And Kari, yeah, I'll try to film at my best and with some new/interesting links, just give me some reminders when the deadline is approaching in case I forget or get caught up in school and otherwise ^^

29. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 05:54:26

dont forget deadline november 30 @Iota

30. Iota
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 22:26:54

ty for the reminder, I'll film this week when I get the chance EDIT: Finally finished filming, @Kari who do I give this to?

31. Kari
    Date: Sat, Dec 1 2012 05:26:52

Iota wrote: ty for the reminder, I'll film this week when I get the chance EDIT: Finally finished filming, @Kari who do I give this to?
    I don't even know who is editing let alone who you'd send it to. I would think you'd send it to Zombo. :p

32. Iota
    Date: Sat, Dec 1 2012 05:35:02

alright thanks xD I'll just do that for now