UPSB v4

Off-topic / creative ways?.

1. Dakrowl
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 13:15:36

can someone please help me think of a creative way; no one has ever thought of it before, to: 1. Engage youths and cultivate their interest in local politics. 2. Encourage youths to be more ‘in-tune’ with current affairs locally, and around the world. 3. Help reduce speeding on the roads, thereby reducing traffic accidents due to speeding. 4. Encourage more youths in to be involved in Charity Work. 5. Educate youths aged 18 and below on the dangers of pre-marital and/or casual sex. 6. Persuade young smokers to quit smoking and dissuade youths from picking up this smoking (through a marketing campaign or otherwise) 7. to promote a school. Please think of something creative and choose any of the topic above that you think you can answer. thank you

2. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 13:57:07

5. Educate youths aged 18 and below on the dangers of pre-marital and/or casual sex. Show them pictures of spoiled penises and vaginas due to HIV or some STDs make a model of a penis and show how casual sex can spoil parts of it hope it's creative enough :P

3. Reason
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 14:28:44

@Walkaz9/3 maybe that would just give them bizzare std fetishes...

4. Dakrowl
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 14:40:21

Walkaz 9/3 wrote: 5. Educate youths aged 18 and below on the dangers of pre-marital and/or casual sex. Show them pictures of spoiled penises and vaginas due to HIV or some STDs make a model of a penis and show how casual sex can spoil parts of it hope it's creative enough :P
    My school alreadyhas it. So its not creative enough

5. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 15:13:25

No. 6, show pictures of blackened lungs and get detailed feedback from smokers about the negative effects, like the heat in the lungs and the constant sore throat.

6. spenpinner
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 15:56:39

As an 18 year old boy, I can tell you this...kids like to rebel. So almost anything that is said to do or don't is going to be ignored by me and my peers because an older figure is "telling us what to do". So my thought is to use a younger figure to teach and set an example for kids and young adults. In fact, MTV has already figured this out by putting the show "16 and pregnant" on the air. Now whether or not this works is beyond me because we will always have our own person that we listen and look up to (like an older sibling, television, and More importantly the Internet) that will tell us that those things are cool and then that information is passed on by peers which causes peer pressure. So in conclusion, you can try many approaches to this such as reverse psychology, but no matter what you do kids are going to want to make their own decisions whether it's the right or wrong one because we feel that we have the right to do so and we like to take advantage of that. As for speeding I got nothing for you.

7. neXus
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 16:03:05

Do your own homework, what the fuck?

8. Fuse
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 16:35:12

neXus wrote: Do your own homework, what the fuck?

9. SJ
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 19:36:35

find ways they relate to the subject of each category. then it will stimulate self-interest (like the case of sopa, even young people that usually dont care got crazy cuz it involves them) have fun

10. boshi
    Date: Mon, Jul 23 2012 19:22:53

1. explain to them that politics basically dictates their life. 2. read/watch the news, tells you random facts which might may or may not be of interest to you. 3. more cameras/speed-meter-tracking-things. 4. the problems with charity is that we live in a capitalistic world. most people on do it for show. 5. sex is different to everyone, means different things. kids get horny and probably scared/embarrassed to buy condoms. make protection free imo. 6. smoking kills you and gets you high. choose. ban smoking in public though, second hand smoking is fucking discourteous. 7. schooling should be fixed before it's promoted bish do yo own homework.

11. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Jul 24 2012 02:18:33

Dakrowl wrote: can someone please help me think of a creative way; no one has ever thought of it before, to: 1. Engage youths and cultivate their interest in local politics. 2. Encourage youths to be more ‘in-tune’ with current affairs locally, and around the world. 3. Help reduce speeding on the roads, thereby reducing traffic accidents due to speeding. 4. Encourage more youths in to be involved in Charity Work. 5. Educate youths aged 18 and below on the dangers of pre-marital and/or casual sex. 6. Persuade young smokers to quit smoking and dissuade youths from picking up this smoking (through a marketing campaign or otherwise) 7. to promote a school. Please think of something creative and choose any of the topic above that you think you can answer. thank you
    Mass genocide.

12. Demon
    Date: Tue, Jul 24 2012 04:21:03

Awesome wrote: Mass genocide.
    Then there would be no one left:whut:

13. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Jul 24 2012 20:47:12

Are you suggesting such a crazy plan would be 100% effective?