UPSB v4

Off-topic / Super Smash Bros

1. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 06:18:19

Mains: Ness Wolf Pikachu Fox (only in Melee) I'm a Brawl player just because Ness is much better (than in Melee) and I can't L-Cancel yet. However, I love the physics of Melee and am willing to learn ALL the AT's. I do play Project M too, but it isn't quite the same. Anyone play? Brawl codes and stuff? Mains? AT help, etc? Thanks!

2. Mufoofee
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 06:23:20

Hahahahaha, what a coincidence. Me and my neighbors plus a few friends have been playing it non stop. :D I love kirby and charizard (only one i use from poke trainer.) That is about it. I am not a pro at it. We only play to kill the summer time. I hate melee stages btw. I want to become better so I can kick ass next time though. :)

3. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 06:31:23

Mufoofee wrote: I love kirby and charizard (only one i use from poke trainer.) That is about it.
    You kinda need to use ALL the pokemon equally or else you'll be KO'd easier. Check to see if your pokemon is tired to know when to switch out. If you wanna get better, you should play online or always play LV9's. I would stray away from "anonymous" cause most of the games you get are pretty terrible.

4. Mufoofee
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 06:43:11

ShadrCom3t wrote: You kinda need to use ALL the pokemon equally or else you'll be KO'd easier. Check to see if your pokemon is tired to know when to switch out. If you wanna get better, you should play online or always play LV9's. I would stray away from "anonymous" cause most of the games you get are pretty terrible.
    I dont like squirtle. Wait pokemon can get tired? Wtf. I like charizard. I get a decent number of Ko's with him. Ah okay. Will try that then. Thanks.

5. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 06:49:45

I used to be pretty unbeatable with my Lucas. And somehow, I can still remember my FC. 4596-9231-7004 >_> I don't play it anymore, though. Perhaps someday in the future. Was also pretty good with Pit, Meta Knight, Falco Lombardi and Toon Link. At very first I had been using Ike until I realized that he was very clumsy, so I stopped using him.

6. casual
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 08:01:34

I play Melee and main Fox. I have all the important AT's mastered and play with a really small circle of friends who also know most of the AT's. None of us are really good though, haha. Tried a bit of project m as well. Goddamn Fox's uthrow to uair doesn't work. I tampered a bit with Wolf and he seemed fun.

7. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 08:02:30

lol who WASN'T good with Meta Knight and Falco? too bad the online brawl matches sucked otherwise it would've cool to fight but myr.

Enkronidus wrote: I used to be pretty unbeatable with my Lucas. And somehow, I can still remember my FC. 4596-9231-7004 >_> I don't play it anymore, though. Perhaps someday in the future. Was also pretty good with Pit, Meta Knight, Falco Lombardi and Toon Link. At very first I had been using Ike until I realized that he was very clumsy, so I stopped using him.
    I use Ike and Marth as my 2 mains. And I mess around as Ganon, Lucas, Toon Link, And wolf.

8. sangara
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 08:09:30

I played Doc, Falco, Roy and G&W in Melee, as far as I'm concerned it's the only one that matters. Went to a few tourneys got to play with Bob$ :D

9. Olji
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 09:35:33

Playing melee mostly, maining Marth on both games he's in with Falco as a secondary, on the first one I mostly play Link.

10. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 10:18:48

I can't use G&W.

11. Reason
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 14:23:52

ok, first, thank you for making this thread :) i love ssb and i played the original for n64 when i was ~7 years old. i still love the n64 version and i am really good with captain falcon, fox, and pikachu (sometimes kirby too). melee was short lived for me and i didnt really bother with it much after i started playing brawl; it seemed like melee was an incomplete version of brawl. in brawl i love to play as cpt falcon, fox, and zelda, but i usually pick random. i got pretty good with every character and at my peak i won ~8/10 matches playing random. i love air and ground dodges, and if i get an item i will probably just throw it at you rather than properly use it XP. unfortunately i havent played brawl in a while, but that gives me more time to play the classic which is only slightly less fun.

12. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 14:40:26

Cause brawl was floaty, I became more of an aerialist. My ground game kinda sucks but wtvr. I forgot; I can barely play Brawl Minus haha [video=youtube;x5_pUiXO-D0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_pUiXO-D0[/video] Also: @Shadowserpant

Reason;214357]ok, first, thank you for making this thread :) [/QUOTE] NP xD I'm trying to teach my friend how to play Brawl since it's much easier to learn aerials and such. *inspiration to play* [QUOTE=sangara;214295]I played Doc, Falco, Roy and G&W in Melee, as far as I'm concerned it's the only one that matters. Went to a few tourneys got to play with Bob$ :D[/QUOTE] Bob$ wow Did you play against him or WITH him as a team? lol [QUOTE=M@V3R1CK;214294]lol who WASN'T good with Meta Knight and Falco? too bad the online brawl matches sucked otherwise it would've cool to fight but myr.[/QUOTE] IKR. >.> But also, I wish Sakurai made a better online system.... [QUOTE=casual;214293]Tried a bit of project m as well. Goddamn Fox's uthrow to uair doesn't work. I tampered a bit with Wolf and he seemed fun.[/QUOTE] lol that's a great KO combo too... I feel that Wolf is a little broken in Project M (if you don't count his TINY wavedash.) [QUOTE=Apocalyptic Shadows wrote: I can't use G&W.
    Then which one CAN you use? :rofl:

13. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 15:03:21

Lol I can't remember now.

14. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 22 2012 20:33:13

lol anyone wanna play? FC: 1075-6899-0886

15. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 28 2012 05:30:16

BUMP Kinda wanna play someone xD

16. sangara
    Date: Sat, Jul 28 2012 17:51:07

Bob$ wow Did you play against him or WITH him as a team? lol
    played him in casuals he saw I was using roy so he took me aside and taught me some stuff, then I showed him I was actually a Doc main then he taught me more stuff. I took two stocks off his Marth with my Doc, I was so happy. Also I got demolished by Waffles' Falco, and took a stock off SFAT.

17. PillarsOfValhalla
    Date: Mon, Aug 6 2012 05:30:20

I miss this game greatly.

18. Chobi
    Date: Mon, Aug 6 2012 05:37:18

Marth ftw

19. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Aug 9 2012 05:46:02

sangara;215904]played him in casuals he saw I was using roy so he took me aside and taught me some stuff, then I showed him I was actually a Doc main then he taught me more stuff. I took two stocks off his Marth with my Doc, I was so happy. Also I got demolished by Waffles' Falco, and took a stock off SFAT.[/QUOTE] and this is why I wish I lived in Cali lol [QUOTE=PillarsOfValhalla wrote: I miss this game greatly.
    :c

20. SA1
    Date: Wed, Aug 15 2012 00:38:02

I'm super noob, only play with my cousin, lol. I like to play as Ness, and sometimes jiggly puff or G&W

21. Shadowserpant
    Date: Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:44:09

how'd you know?

22. Manman!
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 12:14:20

Ahhhhhh super smash bros. good times good times still play it today.

23. Mystic
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 15:31:13

Im hoping to revive this cuz this game is badass! I just started playing brawl 6 months ago and need some more practice. My mains are Marth, Zero Suit Samus and Snake in that order. Ill put up my code if we can keep this topic alive :)

24. 20%
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 16:03:17

love cause of melee, childhood game next to pokemon (still playing it) maining marth, captain falcon i use fox, roy, falco and ganon for fun sometime ok heres what i have to say -the original one (n64) is the literal once catch you. your doomed. -melee, it was the best imo, perfect game system, nice range of char, acceptable tier list, the amazing fighting game techs were there. -brawl. grr it became a wtf for me, wavedashing was removed. but it was still good because stratedgy was a key. tips for brawl: watch out for metaknights, when they push you, expect them edgehogging stay in middle first for good damage of your opponent, then try to finish him with a smash somewhere close to edge practice meteor smashing (well if your main has one) and about the new super smash. i believe sakurai said he will make the game system similar to brawl. lol i know too much oh yeah, i kinda modded my brawl to have melee feel, they called it project m. try look it up one more: mew2king

25. Reason
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 16:40:44

just got back into brawl again. i think i honestly play better on the n64 version... the style of fighting is just more fun, but my paddles are pretty much destroyed so im forced to play brawl. somehow ive grown a fondness for playing as metanight, but i still think hes just cheap... i still play as random most of the time but i do have some more favorites now: peach yoshi pikachu (but ive always loved him) i kinda completely hate cpt falcon now because he was totally nerfed in brawl. in the original he was perfect. i used to start every n64 ssb session by playing as falcon against my brother playing as link at hyrule castle. it was always epic. he is also a little annoyed with the adjustments to characters since basically all of the combos he used to use with link and ness either dont work or are just weak as hell in brawl. still, i love each of the games and i wont stop playing anytime soon. on a side note, has anyone here played super smashed bros: the ssbb drinking game? or maybe just played the game drunk? super fun :D

26. Mystic
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 16:57:42

SwitchPalm wrote: love cause of melee, childhood game next to pokemon (still playing it) maining marth, captain falcon i use fox, roy, falco and ganon for fun sometime ok heres what i have to say -the original one (n64) is the literal once catch you. your doomed. -melee, it was the best imo, perfect game system, nice range of char, acceptable tier list, the amazing fighting game techs were there. -brawl. grr it became a wtf for me, wavedashing was removed. but it was still good because stratedgy was a key. tips for brawl: watch out for metaknights, when they push you, expect them edgehogging stay in middle first for good damage of your opponent, then try to finish him with a smash somewhere close to edge practice meteor smashing (well if your main has one) and about the new super smash. i believe sakurai said he will make the game system similar to brawl. lol i know too much oh yeah, i kinda modded my brawl to have melee feel, they called it project m. try look it up one more: mew2king
    Im not a fan of mew2king or any other MK players. MK is broken for sure. So is marth, but marth is badass. Im a fan of Mr. R, mikeneko and salem. Ive been watching too many ssbb videos XD Ill check out project m for sure though.

27. 20%
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 21:44:12

Mystic wrote: Im not a fan of mew2king or any other MK players. MK is broken for sure. So is marth, but marth is badass. Im a fan of Mr. R, mikeneko and salem. Ive been watching too many ssbb videos XD Ill check out project m for sure though.
    mew2king cause of his melee yeah iknow in brawl not much people like him in brawl, but watch melee video of him superduper respect for him when he played melee (ithink he does still)

28. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 21:55:31

There's another Smash Bros. coming out in 2014 for 3DS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS_and_Wii_U

29. Mystic
    Date: Tue, Jul 9 2013 23:25:50

JackyMacky wrote: There's another Smash Bros. coming out in 2014 for 3DS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS_and_Wii_U
    Indeed and for wii U! And im super stoked that megaman is in it! :D @SwitchPalm Yeah ill check out his melee stuff!

30. casual
    Date: Sat, Nov 30 2013 07:56:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSf2mgkRm7Q&list=PLoUHkRwnRH-IXbZfwlgiEN8eXmoj6DtKM It's a rather well-made documentary on the competitive melee scene over the years. Definitely worth the watch if you are bored, even if you have never played the game!

31. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Dec 1 2013 15:07:31

Ike is awesome. 24/7 Ike.

32. UnknownProdigy
    Date: Mon, Dec 2 2013 06:34:37

super smash bros brawl? than yes i play this on wii. do you want my code? p.s i dont know any other counsel that plays this game

33. Laugh
    Date: Tue, Dec 3 2013 04:48:01

YESSSS I LOVE SUPER SMASH BROS!!!!!! Thank you so much for making this thread... I have been looking for one for a long time :D Mostly I play Brawl and Melee; Pit and Pikachu are my favorite ^ ^ On the line of Pit, are there any out there who play Kid Icarus?

34. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Dec 4 2013 10:19:27

Melee for me. Marth and only Marth ;D