UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey there

1. Big Yoyo
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 11:55:48

Hey everybody my names Jake. I am a yoyoer. I came on here to be able to learn a couple tricks to keep me entertained in class. This is definately a lot cheaper than yoyoing, however I didnt come here to get out of yoyoing, as that will always be my favorite "skill toy". I just came here to learn some cool tricks to do with a pen, and maybe I will learn something that will impress some people

2. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:55:18

Welcome!! Nope, pen spinning isn't exactly that cheap because of mods. But it's fun. :)

3. astronaut
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 15:31:22

Yeah, I spent $100 on pen mods already. I have only been spinning for 1.6 years. Although if you aren't serious about it then you should just try mimicking KTrinh93's tutorials on youtube with a pencil or BICtory mod, which he also has a tutorial on.

4. Big Yoyo
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 19:37:13

Well it is a lot cheaper than yoyoing. Since July 1st Ive dropped about $330. My entire time Ive been yoyoing I spent about $700-$800. And Ive been yoyoing 8 months.. But I do want to be pretty serious and good at pen spinning. I have already done 3 Bictory mods, one for my brother and two for me. I also got 16 Papermate inkjoy pens and 8 RSVP pens, as well as a ton of Bic Round Sticks and Round Stick Grips

5. spenpinner
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 19:38:40

You know instead of learning "a few tricks" you could try to master this art and then incorporate it in with your yoyo-ing! but welcom to UPSB!

6. Alex
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 20:22:41

:welcome2: to UPSB :D Theres been alot of yoyo people coming to the board lately

7. Big Yoyo
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 20:38:41

Yeah, I got introduced to ps in YYE in the skill toy forum. I had no idea this was an actual thing, I thought it was something everybody taught themselves. What is a good mod or two to do with an RSVP?

8. SuperVValrus
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 21:12:52

Big Yoyo wrote: Yeah, I got introduced to ps in YYE in the skill toy forum. I had no idea this was an actual thing, I thought it was something everybody taught themselves. What is a good mod or two to do with an RSVP?
    The Rsvp mx is pretty good. Also, try to stay away from heavy or long mods.

9. Kyoflow
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 21:38:31

lol people dont realize how expensive yoyoing is. although pen spinning does get pretty bad, its nowhere close to yoyoing ahah. main throw: messiah+center trac+irpad+kitty string=about $220. main mod: nachoaddict sc=about $10 lol :welcome: to upsb :D and also, since you live in the US, i assume it would be difficult for you to get your hands on an hgg, so i would recommend either the rsvp mmt or rsvp nx mmt, depending on how long your hands are

10. Big Yoyo
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:45:17

Yeah I cant get HGG's here. And my hands are of a medium size. You are right about people not knowing how much yoyoing is. A One Drop Code 1, Ten-ball bearing, and a tube of flowable is like $115. Shipping for 10bucks and your at $125, and that is just for one yoyo. Right now I have eight

11. ...
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 12:20:05

Welcome to UPSB! :D I Agree with @Kyoflow getting a RSVP MMT or NM MMT is the way to go :D

12. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 20:59:10

Hello and :welcome: