UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / Charge Normal

1. JC
    Date: Tue, Jun 8 2010 08:22:28

[B]Charge Normal[/B] This trick involves rotating a pen in a circular motion between 2 fingers. Many people first learn this trick by placing the pen between their index and middle finger, or their middle and ring finger. When performing this trick, the finger on top of the pen does not move. The lower finger does most of the work by first moving inwards towards the palm, and then returning to its original position. This may be done continuously which would then result in the pen continuously spinning between the two fingers. Video Tutorial by shoeman6 Video Tutorial by KTrinh93 Video Tutorial by Pari UPSB Wiki entry Charge Reverse has it's own thread, so post any questions or discussion regarding that in that thread.

2. noobpenner
    Date: Thu, Aug 19 2010 10:30:39

I keep trying to do this but I keep ending up doing the Sonic!!! help please!

3. walrus
    Date: Thu, Aug 19 2010 21:19:21

keep the pen on the first "indent" on your 2 fingers it will help it from not slipping away.

4. casual
    Date: Thu, Aug 19 2010 22:31:55

For the sonic, you push down with the middle finger. For charge, you don't push down with the middle finger at all. Instead, you straighten the middle finger. Watch eso's tut.

5. moogoogaipan
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 06:16:08

You're probably splitting your two fingers too much - this releases the pen from your grip. In order to do charge instead of sonic the distance you split your fingers apart needs to be less than the width of the pen so keep the motion small.

6. Speenr
    Date: Fri, Aug 27 2010 15:29:53

I learnt it by Eso's videos. Seems really cool.

7. Ollie
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 05:34:03

I need help with normal charge, when i do charge my pen starts to move either left or right side. I can do 5 normal charges, but after that, i'm holding pen usually at the right side of it. Sorry, if you don't understand my english, im finn. :D

8. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 16:31:51

Oh so you notice the pen slipping right? That's normal and you're probably not gonna use 5 consecutive charges in a combo so I wouldnt worry about it so much

9. Ollie
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 16:58:34

Nachoaddict wrote: Oh so you notice the pen slipping right? That's normal and you're probably not gonna use 5 consecutive charges in a combo so I wouldnt worry about it so much
    Thank you for your answer. I guess i just need to practise. Also i gave you an internet :))

10. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 19:06:54

Thanks. But practice isn't really needed right now. If I were you I wouldn't be using my time for the charge. Since you can already do 5 consecutive ones. Just move on to other tricks for now

11. Ollie
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:52:53

Nachoaddict wrote: Thanks. But practice isn't really needed right now. If I were you I wouldn't be using my time for the charge. Since you can already do 5 consecutive ones. Just move on to other tricks for now
    Ok, thanks for your help!

12. jerry
    Date: Sat, Sep 11 2010 17:18:00

for some reason, the pen doesnt make circles when i try doing this trick. help :S

13. mintypaladin
    Date: Sun, Sep 12 2010 01:44:32

make a vid..then ppl can help

14. k-ryder
    Date: Sun, Sep 12 2010 03:40:22

jerry wrote: for some reason, the pen doesnt make circles when i try doing this trick. help :S
    if you practice the charge by holding one end of the pen with ur other hand and guiding the pen in a charge motion, your spinning hand/fingers will get used to the circle motion, and then you can do it without the other hand

15. Jbjb1228
    Date: Mon, Oct 25 2010 01:11:15

i can do the charge like one or two times consecutively and then it like slides out from between my fingers.. any tips on how to get it to stay between my fingers?

16. Knightpal
    Date: Mon, Oct 25 2010 02:20:05

Practice keeping it steady. There's really nothing to it. The first few weeks I learned charge, that same thing happened to me.

17. Jbjb1228
    Date: Mon, Oct 25 2010 06:47:46

alright thanks

18. Paype121
    Date: Sun, Nov 21 2010 01:49:29

oi this was the first trick i learnt, just try to do one full rotation starting on thumb flap and ending on thumbflap and repeat.. do more and more before landing on thumbflap. eventually ull know it well enough that you can go from perfectly perpendicular to your fingers to charge motion with just your fingers movements, no hand motions or thumb flap... i learnt this trick.. in about a week and a half i could do a good number before having to land on my thumbflap

19. robots rock
    Date: Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:54:57

thanks all, I can actually do it properly now!

20. Tkal
    Date: Mon, Dec 13 2010 04:45:28

I can't quite get the cts charge down. I can pretty consistently get 3 down, but I'm getting the problem outlined in eso's vid where it just goes perpendicular and goes side to side instead of a circle or it shifts slowly to the head of the pen. I can do single charges pretty much every time and I think I know the finger movements, it's just that it eventually messes up when I try to do the cts one. I was thinking maybe that my pen was a little imbalanced (balance point isn't quite centered on the pen since it's just a pen with a clip and rubber grip, no mods), but my friend can do it just fine.

21. Soren
    Date: Mon, Dec 13 2010 18:35:17

was quite hard to learn at first as i kept on doing the sonic, nevertheless i later learnt how to do it in all finger slots

22. Soshified^.^
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 04:18:59

i just cant seem to do the charge no matter how hard i try:( any tips???

23. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 04:32:22

try to do one rotation first, use your thumbflap & don't give up!

24. browndog12
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 04:53:29

it was the last fundamental i learned, for a while i had no idea too. i accidentally learned it when i realized that a twisted sonic is just a charge and a pass.

25. Soshified^.^
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 08:09:37

I tried and tried but i just can't do the charge... i can only do some kind of see saw motion... Can anyone help me???

26. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 12:43:18

Practice! watch youtube tutorials just stay with it and it will come. :] Doing the same thing might not help so if you see it doesn't work one way try a different way. Use very LIGHT thumb pressure and swing out and away

27. Tkal
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 23:52:28

How useful for combos is the continuous charge? I can do like 3 before it starts to mess up.

28. HawkSerj
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 07:34:27

How useful for combos is the continuous charge? I can do like 3 before it starts to mess up.
    Nobody use cont. charge normal o reverse in combos... It's ugly. You need to learn charge because if you don't know charge you will not learn tw. sonic, inv. sonic, shadow and many-many other tricks. You need 5.0 charge. It's enough. Then you should move on.

29. Madmack25
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 14:29:46

HawkSerj wrote: Nobody use cont. charge normal o reverse in combos... It's ugly. You need to learn charge because if you don't know charge you will not learn tw. sonic, inv. sonic, shadow and many-many other tricks. You need 5.0 charge. It's enough. Then you should move on.
    Agree with this guy, Just practice and you will get it...

30. Tkal
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 16:11:00

5.0 charge as in just 5 charges in a row?

31. basti419
    Date: Tue, Jan 4 2011 00:27:34

i cant do the normal charge i learned the rev first

32. PSProdigy
    Date: Thu, Jan 6 2011 22:30:20

Wow i learned the Charge rev thinking it was the Charge normal.

33. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jan 6 2011 22:32:06

Just learn charge normal as soon as possible, most people find reverse easier at first, but charge normal is pretty important for the simple combos which will help you move on to advanced tricks.

34. ayoitsaho
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 03:33:59

My biggest problem is when I charge it slips out. I'm trying what Eso said with loosening slack but my fingers are still kinda stubborn. Any other tips? I can do about 3 before it gets to a point where I can't spin anymore.

35. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 04:54:57

@ayoitsaho you only ever need to do one rotation of charge in a combo at a time, so I would say start practicing tricks, and/or mini-combos that use it, like twisted sonic, or sonic clips, these will increase your control of the pen, and it will come naturally.

36. tacohead12
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 05:48:56

sonic clip isn't even similar to charge o-o The point of the sonic clip is to have no spin.

37. Dudak
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 05:57:31

@tacohead12 What are you talking about? A sonic clip = Sonic Normal 23-12[p][s 0.5] ~ Charge Normal 13 ~ Sonic Normal 23-12[s 0.5][c] There is very clearly a charge in the middle

38. tacohead12
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 08:07:52

Oh crap. I totally mixed up sonic clip and tipped sonic o-o I've been switching the names for like months LOL Idk how those got mixed up in the first place but whatever. Thanks for correcting me, I would have looked noob later on. xD

39. abby.dog.lover
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 18:10:11

Keep in mind I'm a total noob at this. I literally just finished making my makeshift "pen" and looked up some tutorials on youtube on how to do Charge. But I can't seem to balance out the pencil. It doesn't "fling back" or however you want to phrase it like it's supposed to. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I just need to practice more? I know I'm not supposed to be all "Yo Imma pro" right away, but I still wondered if there were any tips.

40. Tetsip
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 18:12:45

Practice. it will come in time.

41. abby.dog.lover
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 18:25:59

Thank you, I'll get on that :)

42. walrus
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 18:32:33

@abby.dog.lover, use something longer like a paintbrush or stick. thats how i learned it... back in the 5th grade

43. Soren
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 18:59:42

yeah use something quite long, somewhere around 15cm or higher, and your using a pencil right? try using one that is round

44. kramr
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 19:01:42

to get the fling but the end(whichever side) behind the ur thumb flap, build a lil pressure then move your thumb so it flings back. ur wrist does most of the work just play with it a bit nd ull get it

45. Dylan
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 19:46:13

Yeah, It's all practice, also if this makes sense, you can try doing half a chargethen turning your hand over most of the way, then turning it back, it should have your index finger push the pen into another half-charge, that helped me get the motion for a charge before I even knew what penspinning was.

46. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Jan 8 2011 19:55:55

Sigh.. you know there is a thread on the Charge already right? http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12 Please use the search feature of the board before you post things.

47. Paramore
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 21:17:48

I always move my middle finger instead of my ring finger and it won't work. Any tips?

48. Badboy
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 14:52:48

Okay, so the charge consists of using thumb pressure, flinging off and pushing in and out with the ring finger... Does the single ring finger movement come with time? because I can get a charge or two, but then my middle finger joins in... is it just a lack of practice?

49. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Jan 16 2011 02:53:50

@Badboy practice makes perfect. Keep practicing and your ring finger and middle finger should stop joining in. Your fingers will get used to the motion, so just practice. Good luck

50. Badboy
    Date: Sun, Jan 16 2011 03:12:10

TheAafg wrote: @Badboy practice makes perfect. Keep practicing and your ring finger and middle finger should stop joining in. Your fingers will get used to the motion, so just practice. Good luck
    Alright thanks much... just ordered the Metal Comssa, hopefully the perfect weight distribution is better for me.. the bic mod I'm using now, the tube blows. -___-, so slippery ! but thank you for the tips, much appreciated ! This is my charge so far.. Its been a day since the vid, and I can easily do them now.. only problem is that it keeps slipping out the top, and falling out my hand... o_O???? I think its cause of this bic tube.. no? and another question.. when I learn charge.. b4 learning any other tricks.. do I want to learn it with all my fingers? thanks [video=youtube;8qrKG598j7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrKG598j7Y[/video]

51. abby.dog.lover
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 00:13:59

So I'm just learning how to do the Charge, and I think I'm finally getting how to do it. I just wanted some input to see if I'm doing it right. I'd rather be told I'm wrong now than having to relearn it :/ So thanks for any input Abby

52. Jamal
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 00:24:44

abby.dog.lover wrote: So I'm just learning how to do the Charge, and I think I'm finally getting how to do it. I just wanted some input to see if I'm doing it right. I'd rather be told I'm wrong now than having to relearn it :/ So thanks for any input Abby
    Yeah, but try to focus more on doing it without the use of the thumbflap now. And also for future reference just post here http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12, look for threads to post in before making a new one, and youtube embedding is better rather than a link to a tinypic video

53. abby.dog.lover
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 00:48:40

Soren Blade wrote: yeah use something quite long, somewhere around 15cm or higher, and your using a pencil right? try using one that is round
    My pencil is longer than 15cm. It's not round, but it's not that bad.

54. abby.dog.lover
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 00:52:02

Wonder wrote: Yeah, but try to focus more on doing it without the use of the thumbflap now. And also for future reference just post here http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12, look for threads to post in before making a new one, and youtube embedding is better rather than a link to a tinypic video
    Thanks :) And I know youtube is better, but I'm a fail and I can't find where to upload the video D: <

55. Jamal
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 01:03:32

@abby.dog.lover If you have an account, at the top of the page next to the search bar theres a button that says upload, pretty self-explanatory from there If not, in the top right it says "sign in" or "create account" follow the steps to make an account then press the upload button and it's pretty easy from there

56. Badboy
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 03:19:38

@abby, yes, your so far doing it correctly.. now what you want to do is... work from that one charge.. now that you have achieved the correct rotation you can build it up... so for now, work on two charges, and re land on the thumb flap.. then to three, and so on.. eventually you will be able to do it consistently.. if it helps, you can use some wrist movement in the beginning, so you understand how it will rotate... but then after you've worked the kinks out, stop the wrist rotation.. and just keep your wrist idle and move your ring back and forth while your middle stays straight.. if it helps hold both your middle and index finger (pretend they are glued together) , so that you only move the ringer finger.. just practice, practice, practice..

57. abby.dog.lover
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 14:44:57

Wonder wrote: @abby.dog.lover If you have an account, at the top of the page next to the search bar theres a button that says upload, pretty self-explanatory from there If not, in the top right it says "sign in" or "create account" follow the steps to make an account then press the upload button and it's pretty easy from there
    Oh -dies- How did I not see that?

58. Puddlngboii
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:27:56

>.< ahaha... i've been spinning pens for bout 4 days... lol! so i've mastered ta, sonic, sonic r , charge r , but not charge...

59. Reggi
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 01:35:39

Is it weird if it's more comfortable for me to do the Charge Rev than the normal Charge? The Charge Reverse almost comes natural, it's the normal charge that I tend to have a little difficulty with lol :S Is anyone else like this?

60. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 01:41:02

Yes new spinners tend to learn charge reverse more naturally, it is advised that you learn charge normal first, or even better learn both at the same time.

61. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 04:30:17

@shoeman6 Why? when i learned charge... it was hard but charge came naturally... not charge rev...?

62. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:47:00

@Cloud, it holds true for most of my experiences teaching friends charge and from other peoples experiences on the board, but whatever works for you. Charge rev seems comes more naturally at first because your fingers more easily create a finger position to conform to the trick. Usually the form is bad though, and it limits your earlier possibilities as far as tricks go if you dont know charge normal. Nothing wrong with knowing the charge rev, but also make sure to learn the normal, vice a versa.

63. QuinnC11
    Date: Thu, Mar 3 2011 05:47:05

Trying to learn this, right now i can barely do 1 charge. I start out by doing the sonic using the pressure release method. I get it to circle around but i usually catch it. If i try to do 2 consecutively the pen slips down my fingers and holding one end. If i hold it too hard it doesn't do a circle. I'm using what i think is called a Bictory mod. Would a heavier pen help? Tighter grip? Longer pen? (i have very long fingers). Also I'm holding this between my middle and index fingers, between my two knuckles. Is that the right place to hold it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'll continue to practice in the meantime.

64. Olji
    Date: Thu, Mar 3 2011 06:39:06

i had the same problem with the charge when i was learning it, try to make a home mod or something so you get some weight on both sides of the pen, that helped me a lot, and after some practice on that mod you should be able to do it on a normal pencil :)

65. RicLu98
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 04:19:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2DktU2oI2A it's my tut, it might help

66. Explosion101
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 15:15:38

I can't charge in 23, either. Only 12. It keeps slipping down, also. I really need help.

67. Wisp
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 16:02:42

What I found that helped was to put the COP in your 23 fingers, then keep them straight and kinda flap your hand in the motion that it spins in and then develop from there.. It's kinda difficult to explain charges. Practice makes perfect.

68. iBlameLag
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 16:43:34

Are you sure that your fingers aren't dry? I've been spinning for 7 months, and it's hard to do particular tricks if your fingers are slippery. Use lotion, then try. =) P.S. Don't worry if you can't do a trick in a week or even a month. Grow at your own pace.

69. QuinnC11
    Date: Fri, Mar 18 2011 19:10:06

I came up with a method that really helped me learn this finally. Got the charge down :P. I learned twisted sonic like 2 weeks ago, and today i was doing twisted sonic and i was thinking hmm, twisted sonic starts out with a half charge then a finger pass, what if i try to do a 1.5 charge into a finger pass. Well i did that and was pretty content at first being happy that i had done a charge 1.5. Then i tried 2.5 and it worked again. 3.5, once again it worked. I kept practicing that way and now ive got the charge down. Maybe this method will come in handy for someone else :).

70. TEK
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 06:19:44

A tutorial for execution of a single charge. Please Enjoy :) [video=youtube;8QH1-lf09Oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QH1-lf09Oc&feature=feedu[/video]

71. Rapid
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 07:35:40

Will you be making super advance tricks tutorials here?

72. Rarity
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 11:32:24

I don't know wtf is gonna happen when Billy tries to do a Hai Tua.

73. TEK
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 22:44:57

Rapid wrote: Will you be making super advance tricks tutorials here?
    Here as in, in the fundamental trick section of upsb? no Or here as in, will i make tuts on super advance tricks? maybe but most likely not because i really cant pull off many super advanced tricks...:/

74. JonnyD
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 23:23:58

Awesome tutorial! :)

75. Flarion
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 21:22:05

Im not sure if different/obscure slots still count for fundamentals (stuff like 13,24, etc) but Does anyone have advice on how to do charge 14?

76. Velocity
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 06:51:20

Flarion wrote: Im not sure if different/obscure slots still count for fundamentals (stuff like 13,24, etc) but Does anyone have advice on how to do charge 14?
    What is a Charge 1-4 O_O

77. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Wed, May 4 2011 22:27:08

Flarion wrote: Im not sure if different/obscure slots still count for fundamentals (stuff like 13,24, etc) but Does anyone have advice on how to do charge 14?
    Lol, how does that even work...? You would need INCREDIBLE pinky strength to actually be able to control it, much less spin it properly...:P

78. Flarion
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 00:37:48

@Flash You do a charge in the 14 slot Not the most difficult concept to understand, imo

79. Nicetricks507
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 20:02:54

Flarion wrote: @Flash You do a charge in the 14 slot Not the most difficult concept to understand, imo
    Omg, off topic, but I'm so jelous of your signature >.>

80. Krypton
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 11:09:19

Bumpies, but any helpful advices or tips for Charge T1/2/3/4? Rather limited information about it on the Internet. :mellow:

81. BboyEnGee
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 10:03:19

Uh im not sure if this was mention here but, if anyone just started, i recommend that you try and learn the charge in any possible finger slots. i find it very helpful O:

82. Kari
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 19:47:34

How many charge revolutions can you do in one minute? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=tGwuAGzysGo I got to 112 with a kt. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the weight and balance of the pen has a lot to do with how fast a person can charge. ~KTSpinner~

83. Fail
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 19:54:30

In my opinion, this is a pointless thread. Who cares? And how would you count?

84. Kari
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 19:59:23

It's really easy if you have a camera that plays in slow motion. ~KTSpinner~

85. Dakrowl
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 13:35:00

charge isn't used a lot in combos, but is important to learn tricks. Though I hate charge -_-

86. Kari
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 16:24:01

You are right it's not used in combos. It's used to get the motion so you can do a combo. I've used charge before though. ~KTSpinner~

87. FullmetalDra
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 20:36:32

Hey guys, I've been noticing something weird with my Charge Normal 23. Whenever I do it, the pen goes in a clockwise motion, but my middle finger is the one that does all the movement, not my ring finger...any ideas on how to fix this?

88. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 20:44:59

@FullmetalDra Its not a problem so you don't really have a need to correct it lol I can do it with either finger, its just that most people most of the time will use their ring finger, but if you aren't no one is gonna notice.

89. rai289
    Date: Mon, Jun 27 2011 08:35:06

Your ring finger should be moving and your middle finger should be still. That's how I learnt it :P

90. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jun 28 2011 07:39:56

rai289 wrote: Your ring finger should be moving and your middle finger should be still. That's how I learnt it :P
    If you are doing charge 23, yes, you are correct. :) ~KTSpinner~

91. Wolfe
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 16:44:51

Holy crap, I'm having a hard time learning this. I just can't seem to get it going. I'm gonna keep trying though, I learnt the TA in 2 days so this shouldn't take much longer. I hope.

92. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 06:07:45

Wolfe wrote: Holy crap, I'm having a hard time learning this. I just can't seem to get it going. I'm gonna keep trying though, I learnt the TA in 2 days so this shouldn't take much longer. I hope.
    What you want is for your index finger to stay as still as possible while your middle finger moves back and forth. That's the hardest part of it. If you can get that down, the motion should just come to you. ~KTSpinner~

93. Wolfe
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 06:16:20

Kari wrote: What you want is for your index finger to stay as still as possible while your middle finger moves back and forth. That's the hardest part of it. If you can get that down, the motion should just come to you. ~KTSpinner~
    Yeah, I need to keep that in mind as I always seem to forgot.

94. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 06:24:32

Wolfe wrote: Yeah, I need to keep that in mind as I always seem to forgot.
    Like I said it's the hardest part. Me personally, I held my finger still with my opposite hand until I learned to keep it still without assistance. ~KTSpinner~

95. Wolfe
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 15:26:40

Thanks, I''l give that a go now. I just made a few BICtory's that I've barely tried yet so that may help as well.

96. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 15:55:52

Wolfe wrote: Thanks, I''l give that a go now. I just made a few BICtory's that I've barely tried et so that may help as well.
    Haha nice. I learned it with an unsharpened no. 2 pencil. Probably would have been easier if I had a balanced pen. BICtory is nice. ~KTSpinner~

97. Wolfe
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 19:45:53

I can do a single charge rather smoothly now, still having trouble keeping top finger still, but I'll get it sooner or later. Edit: Ok, I just did 3 in a row, I feel happy. :)

98. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 20:33:08

Wolfe wrote: I can do a single charge rather smoothly now, still having trouble keeping top finger still, but I'll get it sooner or later. Edit: Ok, I just did 3 in a row, I feel happy. :)
    Good job. :) ~KTSpinner~

99. Wolfe
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 20:44:02

Kari wrote: Good job. :) ~KTSpinner~
    Thanks for the inspiration. :)

100. Kari
    Date: Thu, Jul 7 2011 00:32:37

Wolfe wrote: Thanks for the inspiration. :)
    Anytime! :) ~KTSpinner~

101. keikei
    Date: Thu, Jul 7 2011 23:38:59

still can't do a normal charge.. can't get the hang of it... but i can do a reverse charge... any suggestions in how to do a normal charge?

102. Soren
    Date: Fri, Jul 8 2011 08:26:38

keikei wrote: still can't do a normal charge.. can't get the hang of it... but i can do a reverse charge... any suggestions in how to do a normal charge?
    practise the movements, use a balanced pen/pencil, pen mod if you have one

103. Kari
    Date: Fri, Jul 8 2011 16:24:09

keikei wrote: still can't do a normal charge.. can't get the hang of it... but i can do a reverse charge... any suggestions in how to do a normal charge?
    Learning it one way then trying to learn the other makes it harder. Charge rev is keeping middle finger still while moving index finger. Charge normal is keeping index finger still while moving middle finger. If you can learn to keep your index finger still whole only moving your middle finger, charge normal should come fairly easy. ~KTSpinner~

104. keikei
    Date: Wed, Jul 13 2011 06:11:37

Kari wrote: Learning it one way then trying to learn the other makes it harder. Charge rev is keeping middle finger still while moving index finger. Charge normal is keeping index finger still while moving middle finger. If you can learn to keep your index finger still whole only moving your middle finger, charge normal should come fairly easy. ~KTSpinner~
    thanks for the tip~!! i can do like 2 normal charges now. but still my hand moves on it's own to go to a reverse charge.... >_< anyways practice makes perfect. :) going to hit the basics again!! thanks a bunch

105. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 13 2011 14:07:42

Don't worry too much about hand movement for charge reverse. My hand moves a lot for it but I can still do it. :)

106. thanthedragelet
    Date: Wed, Jul 13 2011 17:59:37

Every time I try to charge, it just goes back and forth.

107. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 13 2011 20:29:08

thanthedragelet wrote: Every time I try to charge, it just goes back and forth.
    That's how it always starts. I explained what to do earlier in the thread if you are interested. :) ~KTSpinner~

108. iFengo
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 16:33:51

I looked at a lot of tutorials and they don't really explain it clearly. Can someone explain how to do it here ?

109. Ed
    Date: Mon, Sep 12 2011 22:31:00

I'm using a hexagon shaped pen atm, is that appropriate to use to learn the Charge? Because my fingers keep slipping up and it's annoying >.<

110. Adventus99
    Date: Tue, Sep 13 2011 02:50:33

@Ed Hexagonal shape? The only thing I know shaped like that are your average pencils. Charges are possible on those so don't worry it's not the pen. :P When I first tried learning it, I would used to turn my wrist back and forth in the direction of the finger movement to give the pen more momentum. I eventually learned it after a couple hours. Just give it a try. If it doesn't work, others will surely give other tips. Good luck! :)

111. Ed
    Date: Tue, Sep 13 2011 15:47:49

Well, I think I'm doing it decently now, though I can only do a few Charges before the pen slips out my grip.

112. Kari
    Date: Tue, Sep 13 2011 18:36:33

I told you buddy, that happens. :p The more you do it the better you get. ;)

113. Ed
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 21:39:27

Let me just say, I can do the Charge now... BUT, I always seem to lose my grip on the middle of the pen, as it either goes up or down. I can keep the pen on the outer joint no problem, but it's just my grip I guess. Kari's been really good to me and helped me out, but if it's alright, I'd like everyone's insight on what I should do. The pen I'm using isn't a mod by the way, it's some hexagonal shaped pen (a pretty bad one - the cap on the end keeps falling off) which I stuck 2 caps on each side (Kari's idea lol). Would getting a mod pen help with my Charge? Or do I just lack practice? I'm not even sure if I'm doing it right tbh. If anyone who reads this could do me a favor and make a video that shows the palm up and palm down Charge, I would appreciate it a lot. Well, that's about it. Hopefully, I'll get some feedback soon. Thanks =] Eddie P.S: My middle finger moves quite a bit for the Charge, almost as much as my ring finger... Is that alright? Or should it not really be moving? Arrgh

114. iColor
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 22:46:33

Both fingers should be moving, it's perfectly normal. I think you're not putting equal force when it goes around. You have to put in as much force when you go rotate down as when you rotate up. It's only moving because there's an imbalance, and the forces aren't equal. You can fix this, it only requires a bit more practice. Just sit down, and focus on your fingers when you're doing the charge.

115. RicLu98
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 22:58:22

don't get a mod. use a pencil. keep practicing.

116. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 00:05:56

ahm, use Round Shaped Pen. . :boing:

117. Kari
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 00:26:33

Seriously... Get a mod please. It really does make things easier. :sleep:

118. MickChickenn
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 03:21:14

Dont worry about doing charge more than 3 times in a row. You will probably never even do it more than 2 times in a row in a combo.

119. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 05:43:02

Learn it, like every other trick on a heavy pen first. When you get it, practise on a lighter mod.

120. Ed
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 06:43:51

iColor;134679]Both fingers should be moving, it's perfectly normal. I think you're not putting equal force when it goes around. You have to put in as much force when you go rotate down as when you rotate up. It's only moving because there's an imbalance, and the forces aren't equal. You can fix this, it only requires a bit more practice. Just sit down, and focus on your fingers when you're doing the charge.[/QUOTE] Alright, guess I lack practice - Thanks for the advice =] [QUOTE=Kari wrote: Seriously... Get a mod please. It really does make things easier. :sleep:
    Yeah, I got back from Penwish and he says it's at least a 1-3 week waiting time xD

121. Kari
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 15:06:01

At least he will ship to you though. ^_^

122. 2Baka
    Date: Sat, Sep 17 2011 23:12:08

forgot to mention@Ed you master this trick when you can do palm down .

123. Ed
    Date: Sat, Sep 17 2011 23:51:14

2Baka wrote: forgot to mention@Ed you master this trick when you can do palm down .
    Yeah, palm down is something I can't do that well (Due to the fact I can't seem to do the movement of the fingers properly, like I can with my palm up. Also, my grip is even slipper palm down than palm up, which is bad because my grip with palm up is awful -.-) Any advice as to learning to do palm down would be appreciated =]

124. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 01:19:11

Ed wrote: Yeah, palm down is something I can't do that well (Due to the fact I can't seem to do the movement of the fingers properly, like I can with my palm up. Also, my grip is even slipper palm down than palm up, which is bad because my grip with palm up is awful -.-) Any advice as to learning to do palm down would be appreciated =]
    holy the pen near the end and then try it. Sort of like a wiper yrick. As you get better and gain more control move towards the middle of the pen That is how I learned it

125. Kari
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 07:01:29

And in all slots. Gotta learn charge 12 buddy. ;)

126. gyrobius
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 07:07:07

Also, learn charge 24. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQauylaecU

127. Kari
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 07:46:17

Agreed and 13. Those are easier from a sonic into the charge. Charge 24 is easier than charge 34. You should be fine learning that one, Eddie. ^_^

128. Ed
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 12:30:32

Kari wrote: Agreed and 13. Those are easier from a sonic into the charge. Charge 24 is easier than charge 34. You should be fine learning that one, Eddie. ^_^
    What, Charge 24 and 13 are easier than 34? How about being easier than 23? :o

129. Kari
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 15:23:30

Ed wrote: What, Charge 24 and 13 are easier than 34? How about being easier than 23? :o
    For me those two are easier than 34. And no. Charge 12 I think is the only thing easier than 23. But in your case maybe charge 23 is the easiest for you. :p

130. 2Baka
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 17:12:58

13 is hard for me because my mod isnt thick otherwise i can do it fine. charge t3 and t4 are the really hard ones

131. Kari
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 17:35:06

2Baka wrote: 13 is hard for me because my mod isnt thick otherwise i can do it fine. charge t3 and t4 are the really hard ones
    Charge 13 can be done with something as small as a bic body. It is harder, yes but can be done. As far as charge t4 I don't know why you would use that. And I can't say charge t3 is hard because I do it ALL the time. I can't go one day without doing it at least 30+ times. D:

132. 2Baka
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 19:56:59

@Kari How did you know im using a bictory o 3o. I can do t3 its just that it hits my fingers and its still not at the speed i would like it to be

133. Kari
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 03:28:47

I didn't know what you were using. I just gave an example. And a bic body based pen is what I used to learn charge 13. :p Just a lucky guess.

134. aramos13
    Date: Sat, Sep 24 2011 20:02:16

use=force on both sides

135. Ed
    Date: Mon, Sep 26 2011 22:24:47

Yeah, practice has made me better =] I can Charge without moving further up or down the pencil, and I can do it Palm down pretty well too. Also, I'd just like to post what I think is the best way of learning the Charge. First of all, you bend your fingers until they're at a 90 degree angle, with your pencil between 23 and the top being held by the thumbflap. Let go of your thumbflap and flex your fingers at the same time, and it should produce a 1/2 Charge spin, which you practice over and over. If you've learnt the Sonic before learning the Charge, your going to have a hard time, like I did, as with the Sonic, you pretty much do the same method, but the pressure on the thumbflap is much stronger, as the pen is supposed to spin into your 12. I kept putting too much pressure on my fingers and it lead to me doing the Sonic over and over - it took a while until I stopped doing that xD Anyway, now to produce the rest of the 1/2 Charge, you need to practice getting the pen back into your thumbflap area - try doing that a few times, and eventually, you should have a Charge. From there, your fingers gradually get used to the motion needed to produce a Charge, and you won't need to hold your pen in the thumbflap to start off the Charge or have to bend your fingers. I'm just typing this because it really helped me learn the Charge and I hope it helps those who want to learn the Charge (if they happen to come across this anyway). This method isn't mentioned in the two tutorial videos in the first post, so just a heads up that you can learn it this way. I tried a lot of things, and most of them didn't work out for me, but this made it relatively easy for me, so yeah, hope it helps out anyone =] P.S: There are videos that show how to do it this way, just find as many Charge tutorials you can to dig them out :P

136. kungfumaster1111
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 06:26:55

is there any way to do charge really fast? also when i try to do it it either stops or slips out of my hand

137. Kari
    Date: Fri, Oct 7 2011 07:48:36

kungfumaster1111 wrote: is there any way to do charge really fast? also when i try to do it it either stops or slips out of my hand
    It's just something to practice. Basically using a lighter pen will help move faster. As far as it slipping, practice. It took me a while but eventually you can learn to control the pen and keep it going as long as you want. To be able to move it at will.

138. Red Zone
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 01:13:03

i was just curious what is the largest charge evetr and who set it

139. Furloy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 01:43:54

Not sure, but me and many others can probably go for a while. By the way there is a thread on record tricks such as longest hai tua (caught on video 17 i think) and most busts and stuff so look there. FIRST.

140. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 02:32:10

I don't think people would even make one. The trick is uhm....how to put this.....too boring to be in record breaking?

141. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 02:46:28

Furloy wrote: Not sure, but me and many others can probably go for a while. By the way there is a thread on record tricks such as longest hai tua (caught on video 17 i think) and most busts and stuff so look there. FIRST.
    The record for hai tua is 50 or so by fratleym ( EDIT: sorry. I typed fratleym instead of fel2fram. ITS FEL2FRAM. NOT FRAT). Also, nobody cares about longest charge. Any good pser can charge as long as they want. Nobody care if you can do charge x1023423982379482374. Anybody can, its just pointless. Who goes around charging when you could be practicing a cooler, more fun, and harder trick? A noob. Thats who.

142. Gash
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 02:48:21

This record might be broken by a "non-pen spinner" anyways. The casual ones which only know TA and Charge.

143. ricesi
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 03:28:07

lol when i first read the name of the thread, i thought i would be reading about something about batteries......

144. Quake
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 03:43:54

lol same.^

145. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 03:57:37

ive once did charge for 72hrs nonstop... camera didnt last that long so...... Frog~

146. Pen Ninja
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 04:12:57

MickChickenn wrote: The record for hai tua is 50 or so by fratleym. Also, nobody cares about longest charge. Any good pser can charge as long as they want. Nobody care if you can do charge x1023423982379482374. Anybody can, its just pointless. Who goes around charging when you could be practicing a cooler, more fun, and harder trick? A noob. Thats who.
    u sure it was frat? not thinking of fel2fram?

147. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 04:18:03

Pen Ninja wrote: u sure it was frat? not thinking of fel2fram?
    wow. Im sorry. It is fel2fram. Not fratleym. Although, fel2fram is starting to turn into a modern frat, so I wasnt too far off.

148. Twine
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 05:00:34

MickChickenn wrote: wow. Im sorry. It is fel2fram. Not fratleym. Although, fel2fram is starting to turn into a modern frat, so I wasnt too far off.
    Fel2Fram has far passed Fratleym's skill imho

149. 34rryy
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 13:10:02

I've seen drummers do charge for ages while they are talking.

150. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 15:03:16

Twine wrote: Fel2Fram has far passed Fratleym's skill imho
    Oh, by far. Its not even close. Im just talking about the way he presents and the feel you get from his combos.

151. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 17:15:05

34rryy wrote: I've seen drummers do charge for ages while they are talking.
    I hate drummers who do that! They look so f***in' noob! >.< This one time, some guy try to show off his unfinished and retarded fingerpass and a dumb charge that I decided to show off MY fingerpasses and MY hybrid combos. Suck on that b****! LOL xD

152. wee~
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 18:12:34

JackyMacky wrote: I hate drummers who do that! They look so f***in' noob! >.< This one time, some guy try to show off his unfinished and retarded fingerpass and a dumb charge that I decided to show off MY fingerpasses and MY hybrid combos. Suck on that b****! LOL xD
    +1 xD lololol.

153. Eruption
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 09:30:59

There was one time when I did a charge in class throughout he whole period nonstop.....

154. Qpolley
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 01:14:17

I am starting to be able to actually preform the charge accept I am having great difficulty solving the issue of my fingers gradually moving/shifting/sliding away from the cog towards an end and then eventually it falls off fingers, I hear others with this problem but I can't find a solution

155. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 01:39:03

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12

156. gyrobius
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 02:28:32

Should have searched. Or you could have just looked up a tutorial.

157. Eruption
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:40:26

@Qpolley once your pen is close to falling off make your charge slower, whilst shifting your fingers back to the COP

158. Miku
    Date: Mon, Dec 19 2011 22:11:59

I had trouble with charge because the COP would always shift within only a few seconds. If you have a similar problem, it really is just practice :P

159. midniteferret
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 05:22:45

the charge is easy but I think I would give up after 30 mins because my arm would get tired from holding the pen...lol

160. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 13:30:17

MickChickenn wrote: Nobody care if you can do charge x1023423982379482374. Anybody can.
    Yeah I very much doubt that. In fact, no-one can do charge that long. You sound like the clueless jugglers who just assume you can do 3 balls forever once you reach a certain level, when in reality, the fatigue building up and maintaining concentration, even for just one hour, is quite incredible.

161. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Jan 14 2012 16:43:29

thats an exaggeration. but do you want to make a 5 hour long charge video? its pointless and not very impressive. have fun.

162. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 02:12:36

Mats wrote: Yeah I very much doubt that. In fact, no-one can do charge that long. You sound like the clueless jugglers who just assume you can do 3 balls forever once you reach a certain level, when in reality, the fatigue building up and maintaining concentration, even for just one hour, is quite incredible.
    Pull your head out of your ass. Its an exaggeration. Of course nobody can do a charge for x1023434982379482374.

163. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:16:03

MickChickenn wrote: Pull your head out of your ass. Its an exaggeration. Of course nobody can do a charge for x1023434982379482374.
    My point is, you are suggesting this record is stupid because it is easy, but it's not easy. It's not easy to do the longest charge ever because of several reasons, finger fatigue, loss of concentration and the sheer number of people that can do charge. Do not be so quick to say records are stupid or easy in future.

164. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:20:56

Mats wrote: My point is, you are suggesting this record is stupid because it is easy, but it's not easy. It's not easy to do the longest charge ever because of several reasons, finger fatigue, loss of concentration and the sheer number of people that can do charge. Do not be so quick to say records are stupid or easy in future.
    As eso said on on one of his videos "Who wastes their time charging when there are so many other good tricks?" or something around those lines.

165. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:23:54

MickChickenn wrote: "Who wastes their time charging when there are so many other good tricks?"
    People who want the best charge, or at least, the longest?

166. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:30:53

Mats wrote: People who want the best charge, or at least, the longest?
    Lol. Dont kid yourself. Anybody that good at a charge will (most likely) eventually branch out.

167. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 03:33:25

MickChickenn wrote: Lol. Dont kid yourself. Anybody that good at a charge will (most likely) eventually branch out.
    I'm not saying they are going to only do charge, just that they might spend a long time practicing charge. Do you understand anything? :facepalm:

168. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Jan 15 2012 04:32:40

Mats wrote: I'm not saying they are going to only do charge, just that they might spend a long time practicing charge. Do you understand anything? :facepalm:
    Not usually. Anyways, how likely is it that somebody is going to spend most of their time on just a charge?

169. Eternity
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 03:05:30

The pen won't move in a circular motion, it just keeps going up and down. D: I guess I need more practice...anyone got any tips?

170. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 00:43:44

eternal_fiction wrote: The pen won't move in a circular motion, it just keeps going up and down. D: I guess I need more practice...anyone got any tips?
    My first try that happened to me, but the next time I tried it during class and I just got it. Use your thumbflap? Actually that happens a lot to my friend. I think you just need practice.

171. Zidago
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 04:05:21

eternal_fiction wrote: The pen won't move in a circular motion, it just keeps going up and down. D: I guess I need more practice...anyone got any tips?
    Try moving your hand in a circular motion after letting go from the thumbflap or thumb. Use the momentum of the swings to keep it spinning.

172. Fate
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 15:28:11

what i did was i hold one of my finger let say the middle finger, then i tried to move the pen in circular motion with index finger. But the result will be Charge rev. But that was the first charge i learnt.

173. FingerNotPen
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 20:47:20

@eternal_fiction use a lighter pen..

174. FingerNotPen
    Date: Thu, Feb 2 2012 20:48:13

goodluck

175. Eternity
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 01:43:22

@FingerNotPen My pen is already insanely light...but I'll take note! Thanks so much!

176. Fate
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 02:18:49

eternal_fiction wrote: @FingerNotPen My pen is already insanely light...but I'll take note! Thanks so much!
    My pleasure~

177. KaanÖzgül
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 03:47:42

You should meditation, very helpfull

178. FingerNotPen
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 09:24:14

no problem

179. Karrot
    Date: Fri, Feb 3 2012 20:42:02

eternal_fiction wrote: @FingerNotPen My pen is already insanely light...but I'll take note! Thanks so much!
    ~Welcome!

180. Joiemoie
    Date: Sat, Feb 4 2012 02:14:27

Here's a tip if you find that the pen is starting to go towards the edge. Keep doing passes whenever its near the edge while doing the charge from 1-2 to 2-3 and 3-2 to 2-1. It's actually called a Warped Sonic, and I didn't even realize that until later, but it helped my charge stay on my hand.

181. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Feb 5 2012 19:46:45

jliba12 wrote: Here's a tip if you find that the pen is starting to go towards the edge. Keep doing passes whenever its near the edge while doing the charge from 1-2 to 2-3 and 3-2 to 2-1. It's actually called a Warped Sonic, and I didn't even realize that until later, but it helped my charge stay on my hand.
    that's actually a pretty good idea

182. qincai
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 08:17:26

Being a mother is not easy.

183. Karrot
    Date: Fri, Feb 10 2012 21:32:57

qincai wrote: Being a mother is not easy.
    what does that have to do with charge?

184. Midori
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 07:41:05

Hi UPSB, first post :D I learned TA a while ago just out of boredom, and I have recently become more interested in pen spinning. I am just using a pencil as of right now (until I get something better), and I can do TA, TA Rev and Sonic okay (by okay I mean completely fail like 50% :P) but I am wondering if it is actually possible to do charge with a pencil, or is it just too light? I guess it is a possibility that I'm just a complete noob so I'm wondering can it be done and should I bother trying.

185. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 19:06:20

XaloNarK wrote: Hi UPSB, first post :D I learned TA a while ago just out of boredom, and I have recently become more interested in pen spinning. I am just using a pencil as of right now (until I get something better), and I can do TA, TA Rev and Sonic okay (by okay I mean completely fail like 50% :P) but I am wondering if it is actually possible to do charge with a pencil, or is it just too light? I guess it is a possibility that I'm just a complete noob so I'm wondering can it be done and should I bother trying.
    of course you can do charge with a regular pencil. I do it all the time. Good luck!

186. Joiemoie
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 02:28:21

XaloNarK wrote: Hi UPSB, first post :D I learned TA a while ago just out of boredom, and I have recently become more interested in pen spinning. I am just using a pencil as of right now (until I get something better), and I can do TA, TA Rev and Sonic okay (by okay I mean completely fail like 50% :P) but I am wondering if it is actually possible to do charge with a pencil, or is it just too light? I guess it is a possibility that I'm just a complete noob so I'm wondering can it be done and should I bother trying.
    Ya what Karrot said. You can pretty much learn almost every trick with a pencil, it just takes more focus and practice. I learned all my fundamentals and their reverses with a pencil, so when I made my own double sided pen, it was that much easier.

187. Midori
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 06:19:19

Okay, thanks for the help, will keep trying :D

188. Karrot
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 22:36:38

XaloNarK wrote: Okay, thanks for the help, will keep trying :D
    Good luck!

189. Dimension
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 22:37:24

i find if im trying to do a charge on something really light it helps to use some pressure (a bit like with a sonic) to get it going. i learnt to charge on a normal light pen so i just did one charge at a time coz it had 0 momentum.

190. Karrot
    Date: Mon, Feb 13 2012 22:48:14

Dimension wrote: i find if im trying to do a charge on something really light it helps to use some pressure (a bit like with a sonic) to get it going. i learnt to charge on a normal light pen so i just did one charge at a time coz it had 0 momentum.
    charge one at a time? you can still do several even with a normal pencil or light O.o

191. Dimension
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 12:36:18

Yeah that's what I did before I had proper mods lol then I learnt it properly

192. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 22:19:26

Dimension wrote: Yeah that's what I did before I had proper mods lol then I learnt it properly
    lol I don't even use mods for tricks (unless I have too), I find it easier just to use a regular unsharpened pencil

193. Dimension
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 23:01:05

Karrot wrote: lol I don't even use mods for tricks (unless I have too), I find it easier just to use a regular unsharpened pencil
    Haha I guess it depends on what your doing. I learnt to do a shadow on just a normal pen in classtime lol

194. Karrot
    Date: Wed, Feb 15 2012 01:21:04

Dimension wrote: Haha I guess it depends on what your doing. I learnt to do a shadow on just a normal pen in classtime lol
    That is exactly what I did too :p

195. Eternity
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 09:20:24

I can do Charge Reverse 1-2 and 2-3...but not Charge Normal! Any tips?

196. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Feb 21 2012 22:45:08

eternal_fiction wrote: I can do Charge Reverse 1-2 and 2-3...but not Charge Normal! Any tips?
    If you learn charge rev first it's always hard to learn charge normal, same with learning the charge normal first, the charge rev is really hard to learn. If you know the sonic it should help, since sonic rev helped my charge rev (my charge rev is still bad but at least i can do it). Overall its just practice

197. Dimension
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 02:56:12

JackyMacky wrote: I don't think people would even make one. The trick is uhm....how to put this.....too boring to be in record breaking?
    Agreed.

198. Lucid
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 03:02:02

my norm is 6 hours cause i dont stoo charging all day in school so...

199. Karrot
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 22:14:00

The longest I've charged for was ~30 seconds before I got bored and stopped. That was during class when someone told me to show them how long I could do it for (they could only do 1)

200. Legion
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 23:12:44

i know someone who only practiced charge and fingerpass for a year... :facepalm: @Mats

201. flaming oracle
    Date: Fri, Mar 2 2012 04:06:24

[QUOTE=Legion;180017]i know someone who only practiced charge and fingerpass for a year... :facepalm: @nicco15 LOL his whole life charge/pass norm./pass rev./thumb around

202. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:00:13

shadow sivics wrote: my norm is 6 hours cause i dont stoo charging all day in school so...
    so you do charge while going to the toilet? eating lunch? writing in your book? talking to friends/teacher? between walking to classes?

203. Lucid
    Date: Fri, Mar 2 2012 13:03:02

i.suk wrote: so you do charge while going to the toilet? eating lunch? writing in your book? talking to friends/teacher? between walking to classes?
    i dont use the bathroom in school. :p and i forgot to mention in my left hand so i dont have to stop. unless this dick in my school gonna try to punch me. thats wen i stop. and then own his face

204. MickChickenn
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 00:26:08

You guys REALLY had to revive this?

205. nicco15
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 00:46:18

really? i dont do charge and those moves....as offten also @modrod I also spin through stores.

206. nicco15
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 00:48:02

flame you know i do more tricks now i just had a phase of "charge syndrome"

207. flaming oracle
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 01:09:45

omfg nick dont double post and ask me later some time when your here and noone cares about your daily life since you dont spin as much as me or loki

208. Legion
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 01:39:17

nicco15 wrote: really? i dont do charge and those moves....as offten also @modrod I also spin through stores.
    All of us do... i personally spin right before bed, while im laying in bed, just so i can help myself calm down xD

209. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 01:40:06

flaming oracle wrote: omfg nick dont double post and ask me later some time when your here and noone cares about your daily life since you dont spin as much as me or loki
    since spinning more than someone else automatically gives you the right to be rude and talk down to them :P also shadow sivics, if the pen slows down significantly during the charge/stops, but you don't drop it, it still counts as a 'fail' in terms of time the charge goes for, i think it's unlikely your stamina is high enough (in fact, i doubt the vast vast majority of spinners in the world) can do a 'good' charge continuously for 6 hours...

210. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 02:37:05

flaming oracle wrote: omfg nick dont double post and ask me later some time when your here and noone cares about your daily life since you dont spin as much as me or loki
    No one cares about your daily life either. Just because you spin doesn't mean we care. Spinning for 6 hours doesn't make you cool. You two have become the most self centered members here. 1. This board mostly consists of 3 types of people: immature 10 year olds, complete trolls, and people who actually spin. 2. You and shadow sivics seem to fall into the first. I don't know how old you are, but you act like a 10 year old. All you ever do is brag about how cool you are, how much and how well you spin. 3. You have no respect for newer members, yet you both are relatively new. 4. You think you're super pro, but you're really not. There's tons of people here much better than you and you're all acting like you're top shit. It's annoying as hell. 5. Bragging on a site like UPSB isn't gonna do much. It just makes you seem like a complete loser who has nothing better to do with your life.

211. flaming oracle
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 04:10:07

Cloud wrote: No one cares about your daily life either. Just because you spin doesn't mean we care. Spinning for 6 hours doesn't make you cool. You two have become the most self centered members here. 1. This board mostly 3 types of people: immature 10 year olds, complete trolls, and people who actually spin. 2. You and shadow sivics seem to fall into the first. I don't know how old you are, but you act like a 10 year old. All you ever do is brag about how cool you are, how much and how well you spin. 3. You have no respect for newer members, yet you both are relatively new. 4. You think you're super pro, but you're really not. There's tons of people here much better than you and you're all acting like you're top shit. It's annoying as hell. 5. Bragging on a site like UPSB isn't gonna do much. It just makes you seem like a complete loser who has nothing better to do with your life.
    Cloud your being a complete imbicle you i know im not pro yet you dont even know nick in rl like me and @Legion maybe YOU should stop bugging about me since we are friends in rl you shouldnt even be involved with what me legion or nick talk about since we acually know eachother in rl so get a move on about correcting me with my friends

212. Raos
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 05:42:08

Cloud wrote: No one cares about your daily life either. Just because you spin doesn't mean we care. Spinning for 6 hours doesn't make you cool. You two have become the most self centered members here. 1. This board mostly 3 types of people: immature 10 year olds, complete trolls, and people who actually spin. 2. You and shadow sivics seem to fall into the first. I don't know how old you are, but you act like a 10 year old. All you ever do is brag about how cool you are, how much and how well you spin. 3. You have no respect for newer members, yet you both are relatively new. 4. You think you're super pro, but you're really not. There's tons of people here much better than you and you're all acting like you're top shit. It's annoying as hell. 5. Bragging on a site like UPSB isn't gonna do much. It just makes you seem like a complete loser who has nothing better to do with your life.
    what about people like me, loan, matt, neXus, strat and cxi. We dont troll, we dont act like 10 year olds and we dont spin?

213. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 06:12:16

flaming oracle;180344]Cloud [B]your[/B] being a complete [B]imbicle [/B]you i know im not pro yet you dont even know nick in rl like me and Legion maybe YOU should stop bugging about me since we are friends in rl you shouldnt even be involved with what me legion or nick talk about since we acually know eachother in rl so get a move on about correcting me with my friends[/QUOTE] 1. Imbecile: usually offensive - a person affected with moderate mental retardation You have no right to be calling anyone an imbecile if you can't even spell it right... You're just pissed I called you out. 2. That's an example of the arrogance. [QUOTE=Raos wrote: what about people like me, loan, matt, neXus, strat and cxi. We dont troll, we dont act like 10 year olds and we dont spin?
    There's a why reason I put mostly...

214. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 12:37:17

flaming oracle wrote: Cloud your being a complete imbicle you i know im not pro yet you dont even know nick in rl like me and @Legion maybe YOU should stop bugging about me since we are friends in rl you shouldnt even be involved with what me legion or nick talk about since we acually know eachother in rl so get a move on about correcting me with my friends
    I like the part where you repeat the real life part three times as though we really can't understand you first time.

215. Kari
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 18:20:26

You guys have gotten way off topic. Please take your bickering to the spammers bin and let us who spin talk about the longest charge and how stupid it would be to film such a thing.

216. ijackhiggins
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 20:54:37

does anyone have any hints on how to do it? i cannot for the life of me manage even one rotation. i can do TA, sonic, infinity, and double infinity, yet this fundamental is still out of my reach. please help

217. Karrot
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 21:13:55

ijackhiggins wrote: does anyone have any hints on how to do it? i cannot for the life of me manage even one rotation. i can do TA, sonic, infinity, and double infinity, yet this fundamental is still out of my reach. please help
    start with the pen behind your thumbflap, other than that, I don't know any other tips

218. CAHarmony
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 21:22:48

ijackhiggins wrote: does anyone have any hints on how to do it? i cannot for the life of me manage even one rotation. i can do TA, sonic, infinity, and double infinity, yet this fundamental is still out of my reach. please help
    the charge is something so simple that its actually hard to describe it..... basically you want to start with a flick then you move your middle finger and that keeps the rotation of the charge

219. ijackhiggins
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 21:26:28

thanks for the help guys

220. Karrot
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 21:33:10

ijackhiggins wrote: thanks for the help guys
    I don't actually think I helped you, but np

221. ijackhiggins
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 06:19:09

its the thought that counts! plus, i now know that all i have to do is just keep trying. there isn't a special trick to it.

222. Karrot
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 22:08:07

ijackhiggins wrote: its the thought that counts! plus, i now know that all i have to do is just keep trying. there isn't a special trick to it.
    Good luck!

223. Sc00t
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 22:23:55

ijackhiggins wrote: its the thought that counts! plus, i now know that all i have to do is just keep trying. there isn't a special trick to it.
    That's the spirit. it's the answer to pretty much every question regarding any trick/linkage ever.

224. CaptainClairvoyant
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 01:25:23

I can not do this or the sonic for the life of me. I will get one rotation then I will just be wiggling the pen. Help?

225. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 18:55:37

CaptainClairvoyant wrote: I can not do this or the sonic for the life of me. I will get one rotation then I will just be wiggling the pen. Help?
    practice, that's all there is. try to get your fingers to move at the right time (that didn't really make sense).

226. Alex
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 22:04:43

If you want to know you can go to you tube ,Maybe youll find it there

227. Karrot
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 22:43:21

123123 wrote: If you want to know you can go to you tube ,Maybe youll find it there
    Honestly I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to record themselves charging.

228. Dimension
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 07:30:51

Karrot wrote: Honestly I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to record themselves charging.
    haha no joke

229. RaM
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 14:48:11

Stop the conversation. Dont act like babies

230. Alex
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 16:42:55

I was just making a suggestion.... my friend can only do the charge and he can do if LONG like 10 minutes or so, but i still think its stupid to record themselves doing the charge. Unless it's for a tutorial or something....

231. Fuse
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 17:01:31

Everyone (on this board) can do a charge, but there isn't really a point in attempting the longest charge... I could go for a couple minutes maybe, but it isn't really a mark of your PSing skill if you can do a long charge.

232. MickChickenn
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 17:19:44

Everybody here (esp. all the newer people) need to shut the fuck up and quit reviving this thread. The point of the thread was accomplished in the first few posts. Stop acting like little bickering girls. Take that shit to the spammers bin, or call each other on the phone and argue all night long, for all I care.

233. Kari
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 22:13:12

MickChickenn wrote: Everybody here (esp. all the newer people) need to shut the fuck up and quit reviving this thread. The point of the thread was accomplished in the first few posts. Stop acting like little bickering girls. Take that shit to the spammers bin, or call each other on the phone and argue all night long, for all I care.
    Basically what I said earlier but mine was nicer. :p

234. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Apr 1 2012 03:09:26

Kari wrote: Basically what I said earlier but mine was nicer. :p
    Well, you are a far nicer person.

235. Kari
    Date: Sun, Apr 1 2012 07:10:15

MickChickenn wrote: Well, you are a far nicer person.
    I don't know you well enough to say. But probably. I'm nicer than a lot of people.

236. MickChickenn
    Date: Mon, Apr 2 2012 01:30:40

Kari wrote: I don't know you well enough to say. But probably. I'm nicer than a lot of people.
    You could say that.

237. Kari
    Date: Mon, Apr 2 2012 04:31:25

MickChickenn wrote: You could say that.
    Only because you said I could. :p

238. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:42:08

You guys just got way off topic too?

239. MickChickenn
    Date: Mon, Apr 2 2012 14:34:46

Cloud wrote: You guys just got way off topic too?
    Dammit. We did.

240. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 07:25:23

Too much off-topic and relatively a shit thread overall The question has been answered. Let's just ignore this thread and let it fall down the page to the old place where it belongs, guys. :dunno:

241. CastleMaster
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 23:23:23

Do you guys have any idea what I could do to stop moving my hand? I am holding it with my left hand right now and this works out pretty good but it looks really stupid... Maybe someone has a better idea than just taping my hand to the table :P

242. midniteferret
    Date: Sat, Apr 14 2012 20:40:03

@CastleMasteryou tape your hand to the table...lol anyways just practice. This is the only way to stop the wrist motion

243. Cubesnail
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 05:29:11

Just try and bend your fingers a little more than you're used to

244. Xmanmat2
    Date: Wed, Apr 18 2012 16:24:46

any tips on charge? i always seems to slide off and i can keep it consistant like my friends

245. Le me
    Date: Thu, Apr 19 2012 06:13:11

well i did see avideo thata went for 25 min but i didnt watch it

246. Le me
    Date: Thu, Apr 19 2012 06:14:30

charge is a easy simple trick my tips are to bend the fingers a little bit(tiny)

247. Luv_Spinning
    Date: Thu, Apr 19 2012 06:43:26

lolz all off topic, spent my 20min break reading this, @Nacho, close this thread ;)

248. Kari
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 19:23:17

Xmanmat2 wrote: any tips on charge? i always seems to slide off and i can keep it consistant like my friends
    Should post that here: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12 But, it sounds like you can do charge. You just want to get it consistent without it sliding all over the place? That comes with practice. The more you focus on keeping it in one spot, the better you will get. I can move my charge at my will. Although, there is a lot more to Psing than charge, I recommend not spending so much time on charge and learning new tricks and linkages. That would definitely be more appealing than holding a charge. Good luck. :D @Nachoaddict I do agree that this thread has gotten way off topic and is also useless. I believe it should be closed as well. ~Karilynn~

249. Vennaol
    Date: Tue, May 1 2012 08:12:03

Why want a charge record, like its a record that would take way too long and the only obstacle is finger ache, but that might take a long while to materialize...

250. Naut2006
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 03:25:36

I'm having a problem. I can do the first spin easily. But, everytime I try to do the second, my thumb automaticaly does this foward motion to catch the pen. Even when I manage to keep the thumb still, the pen stops when it reaches the area near the thumb. Do anyone have any tip for that? =/

251. PSMediocre
    Date: Sun, May 6 2012 00:22:00

Tape your thumb to your palm and try to steady your arm, then wait until your thumb gets used to it to take it off.

252. Naut2006
    Date: Sun, May 6 2012 01:12:16

LOL this really seems to be my only option.

253. hylcn
    Date: Tue, May 8 2012 08:37:35

can never do this trick. :( thumbaround is much more easier for me...

254. Kari
    Date: Tue, May 8 2012 16:42:57

hylcn wrote: can never do this trick. :( thumbaround is much more easier for me...
    TA is an easier trick. What you have to learn to do is keep your index finger as still as possible and only move your middle finger back and forth. That is hard for people. It is basically about learning how to move your fingers independently from each other. And don't try to force it. It does take time to get the pen to start spinning. It took me four hours straight of only doing that just to get the motion started. After you learn it, then you have to learn to control it since the pen will shift as you do charge. Try learning it as a continuous charge though. Trying to learn it as a single charge would be more difficult.

255. Fuse
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 21:26:18

Ktrinh's tutorials helped a lot as I learned fundamentals and basics. Check out his charge one. Keep your hand flat as you do the motion over and over.

256. Zeta
    Date: Sat, May 12 2012 09:04:07

You can try to learn the sonic first, it can be helpfull for the charge movement.

257. LighT*
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 23:24:43

Hey peoples on UPSB! I'm new here and I'm learning the charge and I do it in between my ring and middle finger on my right hand. some problems that i encounter is that the pen moves to one side and makes it unbalanced, the pen sometimes hits my hand and when i put it in the back of my thumbflap to shoot it out, i try to spin it but it goes back in a clockwise motion. How do i fix all of this? Thanks! BTW im using a BICtory if thats important to know.

258. Kari
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 23:57:44

@Raiz First off, you should have found the proper thread for the charge. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12 Second, when it moves clockwise that is the normal charge so I don't understand what you are trying to fix. Third, it takes practice to keep it in one spot. It is normal for a beginner to have it move to one side.

259. Fuse
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 00:09:38

@Kari for next moderator. So helpful :D

260. LighT*
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 00:29:36

Kari wrote: @Raiz First off, you should have found the proper thread for the charge. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12 Second, when it moves clockwise that is the normal charge so I don't understand what you are trying to fix. Third, it takes practice to keep it in one spot. It is normal for a beginner to have it move to one side.
    I'm sorry. and i meant counter clockwise. my bad

261. Kari
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 00:44:44

Raiz wrote: I'm sorry. and i meant counter clockwise. my bad
    Then you still would have wanted to post in the correct thread. The charge reverse thread. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=16 But as for charge normal you move your ring finger more than your middle. For charge reverse you will want to do the opposite.

262. Awesome
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 04:28:26

clockwise and counter clockwise are terms that are hand dependent fyi also you want charge to go whatever way you want, just concentrate on getting whatever is easier first (clockwise on right counter-clockwise on left are generally regarded as the easier version and termed sonic, the opposite direction is charge reverse)

263. Velikkoth
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 18:34:38

You will be able to control it with practice, I can make the pen go up and down my hand just by thinking it

264. Kari
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 19:44:36

Zeta wrote: You can try to learn the sonic first, it can be helpfull for the charge movement.
    I believe it is easier to learn charge first because sonic uses the motion of the charge. It would make sonic easier in the end.

265. Zeta
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 20:15:30

@Kari: But Cont. charge is harder than sonic, sonic just do one rotation. So they need to learn easy charge (1 rotation), then sonic, then cont.charge.

266. Kari
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 22:44:06

Zeta wrote: @Kari: But Cont. charge is harder than sonic, sonic just do one rotation. So they need to learn easy charge (1 rotation), then sonic, then cont.charge.
    Ok. Well let's say you are just trying to learn charge. Continuous charge can come later. I'm just talking about just being able to do the trick just once. I understand what you mean but I still think it is easier to learn charge first to get the motion you need to learn sonic later.

267. samk
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 10:36:04

I can't figure out how to do this. Help?

268. samk
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 12:02:41

this is really hard. tips?

269. Kyoflow
    Date: Wed, May 30 2012 15:36:56

samk wrote: this is really hard. tips?
    Be more specific about what you're having trouble with :P lol. If you're just looking for general tips, I would just suggest that you focus on the bottom finger. So if you're doing charge 12, then focus on your middle finger. For 23, focus on ring finger, and so on. Looking up some tutorials on YouTube may hep too. Other than that, practice a lot and good luck :D

270. twirlingDelight
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 12:53:37

Help! I've got the feeling i'm very close to learning charge...i've stopped it from slipping from the tip of my fingers, but now the pen seems to be slipping towards the end cap...am i not gripping it enough? i get the feeling im close... cause im practicing like a mad man. (I do nothing at work but practice, lol 8 hours of fun.) but after a few rotations it will start slipping from the COG to the tip of the pen. =( any ideas? thankies!

271. Karrot
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 15:18:08

twirlingDelight wrote: Help! I've got the feeling i'm very close to learning charge...i've stopped it from slipping from the tip of my fingers, but now the pen seems to be slipping towards the end cap...am i not gripping it enough? i get the feeling im close... cause im practicing like a mad man. (I do nothing at work but practice, lol 8 hours of fun.) but after a few rotations it will start slipping from the COG to the tip of the pen. =( any ideas? thankies!
    I think you just need to practice more. You could try a lighter pen, just so the pen won't slip as much, maybe?

272. twirlingDelight
    Date: Wed, Jun 20 2012 20:33:23

Im using a metallic comssa, its already super light ;3 as for practice... i do that all day everyday but improve very little lol.

273. twirlingDelight
    Date: Wed, Jun 27 2012 18:03:51

I think i've got the charge down now... (Finally!) But i'm wondering how people go about learning the tricks with palm down. I try and do it the same way but the pen is like its possessed, lol. No control over it at all.

274. Big Yoyo
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 19:42:23

I thought charge would be easy, as I am a drummer and drumstick twirls (what we call them), are really easy for me. However since this is so ligh, Ive been having trouble getting more than two. My pen just keeps going left and right, not around in a circle. BTW if it matters I am using a Bictory

275. Alex
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 21:06:45

Thats why we also dont recomend using heavy mods for new spinners and youll prolly get it you just have to get used to the weight

Big Yoyo wrote: I thought charge would be easy, as I am a drummer and drumstick twirls (what we call them), are really easy for me. However since this is so ligh, Ive been having trouble getting more than two. My pen just keeps going left and right, not around in a circle. BTW if it matters I am using a Bictory

276. Weston
    Date: Fri, Sep 28 2012 13:24:58

When I try to do the trick I just do it once and then it rests on the thumb-flap, I can't get it continuous.

277. vertaz
    Date: Sat, Sep 29 2012 05:03:21

Instead of catching it in your thumb flap, make sure you have your thumb pulled back, as if you were going to give a hi- five

278. limcut
    Date: Tue, Oct 30 2012 00:38:42

Can someone please help? For some reason, when I do the charge, my thumb gets in the way? Suggestions?

279. hunterken48
    Date: Tue, Nov 6 2012 03:11:54

the pen always move out of the COP and ended up doing charge in the cap... and i can't do charge in 2-3 and 3-4 without moving my whole hand... arrrrgghh...

280. Zelphus
    Date: Wed, Nov 7 2012 14:52:01

Just keep practising shaking the pen by moving yr middle finger.Hope this helps.

281. NeoN
    Date: Wed, Nov 7 2012 15:27:55

colozo337 wrote: Just keep practising shaking the pen by moving yr middle finger.Hope this helps.
    No. You have to move your left finger. If it's 34 - move pinky, 23 - ring, 12 - middle.

282. hunterken48
    Date: Thu, Nov 8 2012 07:07:42

NeoN wrote: No. You have to move your left finger. If it's 34 - move pinky, 23 - ring, 12 - middle.
    but in my case when i do a charge in 23, i move my index finger... is that OK?...

283. NeoN
    Date: Thu, Nov 8 2012 13:05:00

hunterken48 wrote: but in my case when i do a charge in 23, i move my index finger... is that OK?...
    If it doesn't disturbs your spinning it's ok. And if you can do 4-5 full rotations you have to move to other tricks.

284. hunterken48
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 05:18:28

NeoN wrote: If it doesn't disturbs your spinning it's ok. And if you can do 4-5 full rotations you have to move to other tricks.
    Thanks!!

285. Good Guy Mark
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 01:46:07

um when im doing 23 my middle finger moves is that ok and the pen keeps bumpin my thumb and messin up is this because im doing the wrong finger or am i doing something else wrong too?

286. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 03:29:13

Good Guy Mark wrote: um when im doing 23 my middle finger moves is that ok and the pen keeps bumpin my thumb and messin up is this because im doing the wrong finger or am i doing something else wrong too?
    Your hand should be flat so there should be no way for your thumb to get in the way. Its alright if your middle finger moves but the ring finger should be moving more. If thats not the case you might be doing charge rev. Charge normal will spin into your thumb flap charge rev spins out of your thumb flap. Either way it doesn't really matter.

287. Good Guy Mark
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 03:57:27

Your hand should be flat so there should be no way for your thumb to get in the way. Its alright if your middle finger moves but the ring finger should be moving more. If thats not the case you might be doing charge rev. Charge normal will spin into your thumb flap charge rev spins out of your thumb flap. Either way it doesn't really matter.
    its not really my actual thumb but the top part of my paml that goes up into my thumb and oh i guess im doin rev feels a lot more natural kinda rough to get it the other eay but ill work on using my ring finger

288. N1GHTMAR35
    Date: Thu, Jan 17 2013 04:04:31

When doing the charge my pen tends to hit my index finger a lot. Im doing it between middle and ring. Help?

289. Giotto
    Date: Thu, Jan 17 2013 15:06:15

How about try to keep index finger still and in the same level as usual(don't go backward or forward) hope this help.

290. Zelphus
    Date: Fri, Jan 18 2013 23:46:44

Right,here's a tip. When we do this trick for the first time,we tend to move our whole hand trying the make the pen spin in the desired direction.Right?This is a good habit.This is how u should learn charge.Do this frequently,and do not think that what u are doing is stupid.Thats how i learnt my charge.After that,try not to move yr hand too much.Hold the pen in yr index finger and ring finger and palm facing downwards.Here's the part.With a quick motion,flick yr wrist upwards,and the pen seems to move in the direction of the charge.Keep doing this,continue this motion and sooner or later,you will find that you just need to flick yr wrist upwards slightly at a few degree without using much energy,and can start the spinning of yr pen.As time passes,u do not even need to move yr hand and u can perform the trick.Hope This Helps!!:)

291. sptnk06
    Date: Tue, Feb 5 2013 09:16:41

Hi any trick that could help me do charge on 43? it seems hard for me to do it at that finger lol. and do you guys think 3 to 4 revolutions on charge is good enough? because on mine it tends to slip off after that number, my maximum is maybe 5 spins at 23.

292. Giotto
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 13:34:24

Sonic maybe? i think it's enough for combo but practice more might be better cause it's a fundamental so it a basic to more advance trick. Edit: also try to to it palm down..that might help.

293. MeltingCake
    Date: Mon, Feb 18 2013 07:55:15

So, I have a slightly awkward problem. Whenever I try to do the charge the joint in my 4th finger hyperextends and locks up making it really hard to actually move it around with the pencil. Anyone else had any experience with this problem / know a way around it? Or I guess it is just my finger is double jointed and it just ends up locking :X

294. XenoGeneiken
    Date: Tue, Apr 16 2013 01:18:01

Any tutorial for t1 t2 t3 t4 charge besides pari's tutorial? I want to learn charge using the thumb and any finger.

295. questionmark98
    Date: Wed, Apr 17 2013 05:05:09

I learnt the charge when my fingers had bad dexterity (which means flexability). So I used some tape (yes, tape), and taped my fingers to a position of the charge, then I learnt it.

296. chunkyks
    Date: Mon, Jun 3 2013 04:22:46

I've been doing the "just one direction, around the thumb" thing for years. Recently I decided to try and learn a bit more. I started doing the charge two days ago. The first 30 seconds is normal, the second part is those 30s slowed down ~50%. This is a 30-secod video of me mostly just doing the charge. I'm having a hard time with a couple things, but I'm genuinely interested in feedback on anything there: [LIST=1] [*]The pen keeps drifting one way or the other, so the center isn't really staying between my fingers and I keep having to reset it. [*]When I try to do them continuously, I always seem to end up with it just rocking back and forth instead of going in a circle. Even when it's not doing that, it's often lopsided or keeps hitting the base of my thumb. Oftentimes the tip on the inside of my hand describes a circle near my thumb instead of going all the way around. [*]I keep folding my hand in a bit. When I watch other youtube videos, everyone seems to keep their hand almost completely flat. Is this just a case of ironclad mental control, or is there something else to it? [/LIST] Thanks! Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated Gary

297. Llama
    Date: Tue, Jun 4 2013 14:57:42

It happens to me too.one way to counter it is to angle your hand and hold the pen tighter

298. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Jun 6 2013 19:57:57

Hi I am currently trying to do a charge but always mess up. Basically I use a thumb flap start but can't keep it going and the pen ends up going side to side. If anyone has tips please help!

299. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Jun 7 2013 07:22:23

Aydarkzero wrote: Hi I am currently trying to do a charge but always mess up. Basically I use a thumb flap start but can't keep it going and the pen ends up going side to side. If anyone has tips please help!
    This is quite normal. You want to get a single, even spin charge at first, by bringing your bottom finger back as it goes out and then forwards when it goes in. After you learn one you can advance to sloely being able to do more continuously @Aydarkzero

300. IgnitionZer0
    Date: Fri, Jun 7 2013 16:46:48

Hi, I can do the charge quite fast and my 12 fingers but when I try to do it with my 23 fingers I just do 2~3x and the pen fall in the floor. Can someone give me a tip on how did you make it for the 23.

301. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Jun 7 2013 17:20:12

when done in 12 your hand can move up and down which helps new spinners get the motion easier, in 2-3 its harder to assist yourself in that manner, but it is exactly the same process. Try practicing 12 but hold your wrist still, learn how to use only two fingers to create the charge motion and it will be easier to map to the rest, also, make sure youre doing the charge in the same direction as the one youre trying to learn in the 23 slot, clockwise vs counter clockwise

302. IgnitionZer0
    Date: Fri, Jun 7 2013 22:48:21

Thanks tried it for quite long and it worked. Now I can speed it up almost like I can in the 12 without letting the pen fall

303. Llama
    Date: Sun, Jun 9 2013 04:32:06

^thats great to hear

304. ZukoHD
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 07:16:25

Charge 2-3 is perfect but 1-2 is like nothing ive done before it makes no sense to me idk everything i learn just went to sh*t, im so angry right now. any advice would be helpful.

305. flaming oracle
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 09:02:31

LOL GG Practice KAY?

306. Reason
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:31:00

just try teaching your fingers the same thing, just one 1-2 instead of 2-3. and if you think thats hard... wait until 3-4 and 4-2 ;)

307. spinford
    Date: Sat, Jun 15 2013 13:44:09

Slow Practice- Fast Progress Fast Practice- Slow Progress No Practice No progress

308. Daniel Dou
    Date: Sat, Jun 22 2013 01:52:36

I think I may tackle the charge after I do the turnaround

309. XenoGeneiken
    Date: Tue, Jul 2 2013 02:23:51

How do you perform a reverse charge palm down?

310. Ecnunn
    Date: Tue, Jul 2 2013 03:11:02

@XenoGeneiken, become rlly good at rev. charge palm up, and then, just practice palm down. i don't think there's a trick to learning this, just practice and you'll get it eventually.

311. frozenpopsicles
    Date: Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:59:11

I am so peculiar. I can do reverse charge, which I noticed everybody whined about, but I can't do regular charge. Every time I attempt, I end up doing reverse charge. Over and over. What should I do? Could anybody give me tips? What should I do with my fingers? Really, any help will be very appreciated.

312. Mystic
    Date: Fri, Aug 16 2013 13:11:57

There's actually a search bar near the top right corner of the page. You can find more help than you can think of by searching for your question.

313. Niqesse
    Date: Sat, Sep 28 2013 16:40:42

I can't do the charge like the instruction says. My mod is too long or my fingers to short. So now to the difficult description: In my start position I hold the pen in 23 with the right end on 2 o' clock between index and thumb. Then I just take my thumb away to the right side and I get the charge motion. It works for my but is it wrong to do so? Is it an unclean technique? I can also start without the thumb but it's more difficult. Cause of this I can't do the sonic. But thats a different thread :)

314. Adolf
    Date: Sun, Oct 6 2013 08:44:11

idk how i even learned it. I just wiggled my fingers around 20 min a day for a week and it happened... @ Niqesse: then shorten your mod.

315. BlueFingers
    Date: Tue, Nov 5 2013 04:43:44

How you do this... It just see saws between my two fingers D:

316. SiL
    Date: Tue, Nov 5 2013 05:38:03

BlueFingers wrote: How you do this... It just see saws between my two fingers D:
    Hold your pen with more weight at the bottom. Just try shaking the pen side to side between ur index and middle finger. Then turn ur hand round and round palm-down and try to get the twirling motion. Then try to reduce hand motions and focus on ur finger motion. You shud get it soon. @BlueFingers

317. Tommy
    Date: Tue, Nov 5 2013 09:02:25

BlueFingers wrote: How you do this... It just see saws between my two fingers D:
    Are you joking? You've already joined the board And you can't even charge.... Nothing wrong but it's strange Most spinners know at least the most basic of fundamentals Well how I did it was just try to swing it around loosely to get the feel Than you should get it from there

318. Gemp
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 15:36:53

This is impossible. The pen keeps sliding out of my hand until it falls. Am i using a very light pen?

319. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 18:15:54

It's probably not the pen, unless your using a feather, it normally happens, I guess, to me as well, maybe start with the pen lower down your finger and a tiny bit tighter, I guess you need to keep practising and get the 'feel' of the charge

320. Gemp
    Date: Sat, Nov 9 2013 19:07:05

I'm just afraid to keep "practising" but doing it wrong and wasting time.

321. Someone
    Date: Sun, Nov 10 2013 23:35:38

Gemp wrote: I'm just afraid to keep "practising" but doing it wrong and wasting time.
    I think you are on the right track. Just doing it. How I did it was just find the center of balance of my pen, the I would move the two fingers holding the pen into opposite dirrections. It would appear kind of choppy, but once you get that down well, it will look like a charge.

322. BlueFingers
    Date: Mon, Nov 11 2013 01:06:59

I can do the charge, maybe five revolutions before it simmers down to the see saw motion. Pretty happy though. However I cannot do it with a normal pencil or something lighter, it just goes to a seesaw motion... Help!

323. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Nov 14 2013 00:31:58

BlueFingers wrote: I can do the charge, maybe five revolutions before it simmers down to the see saw motion. Pretty happy though. However I cannot do it with a normal pencil or something lighter, it just goes to a seesaw motion... Help!
    Keep trying to go beyond the 5 revolution mark. Believe me, your fingers just need to adjust to the circular motion and adjust to NOT using the classic seesaw motion. Keep practicing, you've already got 5 revolutions down.

324. EliteSpinner
    Date: Wed, Nov 20 2013 17:36:39

I've got three problems, when I do the Charge: 1. The COG of the pen moves from my fingers away and the falls down, because my fingers can't hold it anymore. 2. The pen goes up to the fingertips and the falls down, because my fingers can't hold it anymore. 3. I don't know how to learn the Charge 12. Can anyone help me? I would be very thankful: EliteSpinner

325. Whirlpool
    Date: Mon, Dec 2 2013 20:19:22

EliteSpinner wrote: I've got three problems, when I do the Charge: 1. The COG of the pen moves from my fingers away and the falls down, because my fingers can't hold it anymore. 2. The pen goes up to the fingertips and the falls down, because my fingers can't hold it anymore. 3. I don't know how to learn the Charge 12. Can anyone help me? I would be very thankful: EliteSpinner
    Well, I'm going to try to help you on this one. 1. If you maybe put more pressure between the fingers. Also with more pratice it should fade away. 2. Again put pressure, when this happened to me in fingers 23, when I learned it in 12 it didn't happen to me. 3. To learn it 12 it similar to learning it in 23. Use the thumb flap at the start when you get that down stop using it and learn it without it. Hopefully this helped, continue to pratice it and you'll get it down quick. If you learned to do it then great! :)

326. Yumizuka
    Date: Tue, Dec 3 2013 05:12:25

I can't seem to do a charge at all. I learned sonic from a friend while I was in Navy Bootcamp. I do it all the time from 34 and 23. I can even jump slots. However, when I finally decided to learn a new money, the Charge is killing me hard. Everytime I try, I do either a sonic or half a charge. I'm using a somewhat very light pen. I ordered pen spinning pens online and show get those soon. Any advice on how to tackle this? I refuse to learn anything else until I have the normal and the reverse down.

327. Whirlpool
    Date: Tue, Dec 3 2013 13:40:15

Yumizuka wrote: I can't seem to do a charge at all. I learned sonic from a friend while I was in Navy Bootcamp. I do it all the time from 34 and 23. I can even jump slots. However, when I finally decided to learn a new money, the Charge is killing me hard. Everytime I try, I do either a sonic or half a charge. I'm using a somewhat very light pen. I ordered pen spinning pens online and show get those soon. Any advice on how to tackle this? I refuse to learn anything else until I have the normal and the reverse down.
    In this case, use the Thumbflap for the learning it. It may seem like your only doing part of it but you are doing it. So next you have that motion to make it go charge so then stop using the Thumbflap and start doing the charge with in COP between the fingers then start praticing in it without it using the Thumbflap. When you are doing a sonic you are most likily are moving your finger forward, so it close to the same position with the sonic but don't move your middle finger forward. I hoped I helped and keep praticing! :)

328. Yumizuka
    Date: Tue, Dec 3 2013 21:35:12

I was able to get one to two revolutions down at any given time normal. However, going past the first one is difficult. I can get 23 and 12 down. 34 is nearly impossible. I still seem to do a sonic sometimes. Is there a way to do it without the thumbflap? Do I just do the finger motion and it will follow through or do I need to charge the charge with momentum?

329. Whirlpool
    Date: Tue, Dec 3 2013 23:54:39

Yumizuka wrote: I was able to get one to two revolutions down at any given time normal. However, going past the first one is difficult. I can get 23 and 12 down. 34 is nearly impossible. I still seem to do a sonic sometimes. Is there a way to do it without the thumbflap? Do I just do the finger motion and it will follow through or do I need to charge the charge with momentum?
    Some people learn it without it and no you don't need to have momentum to start a charge. I was explaining it with the way I learned it. For 34, I have not mastered it but I can do it. It the same as the other fingers but you have less room I guess, so when I do it, it's close to the top of my finger (34 slot). Wiggle and try to charge if it doesn't move then use Thumbflap and stop using it. If you want a charge that you can do non-stop do that same motion that you have been doing when you get that one or two revolutions. If it doesn't do it just keep practicing you will do it fine. Here is a video a charge with no momentum with pratice! Wasn't that good/ and sorry for the noise, was sloppy and done when i was doing homework but hope it helped!:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRlaIU4bd0

330. Yumizuka
    Date: Wed, Dec 4 2013 01:41:53

I was able through about two hours of practice to top 6 revolutions. I can do it... mostly... without the thumbflap. I am sorta able to chain it into a sonic now while barely moving the fingers.

331. Whirlpool
    Date: Wed, Dec 4 2013 02:37:38

Good! Try to work on the other fundamentals also if you have them down start learn other trick and variations. Their reverse also. Have a fun with the trick and pen spinning!

332. Gemp
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 17:58:48

Am I doing it right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlkRVpMnQyE&feature=youtu.be

333. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Dec 18 2013 18:51:13

Gemp wrote: Am I doing it right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlkRVpMnQyE&feature=youtu.be
    Great! You got the launch and rotation done! Now do it continuously without pauses in between. :)

334. Gemp
    Date: Thu, Dec 19 2013 15:47:36

JackyMacky wrote: Great! You got the launch and rotation done! Now do it continuously without pauses in between. :)
    how can i do it continuously? just doing faster? it's impossible

335. Reason
    Date: Thu, Dec 19 2013 17:01:01

Gemp wrote: how can i do it continuously? just doing faster? it's impossible
    check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5c3njmyCe4 he does not pause to reset the pen each time. start by doing 2 rotations, then 3, etc. etc.

336. 1melon1
    Date: Wed, Jan 15 2014 01:44:18

so i feel like i have mastered the charge. how many time can you guys do the charge in a minute. Me: 1 minute- 110 Charges 1,000 charges- 10:33

337. spinford
    Date: Wed, Jan 15 2014 02:31:55

I suggest you learn the rest of the fundamental tricks. Your charge seems to be perfect. 1000 charges is quite some impressive stamina...

338. Sekai
    Date: Wed, Jan 15 2014 02:56:00

You'll regret posting this in a year

339. Kemu
    Date: Wed, Jan 15 2014 03:18:24

its not really how fast you can do a trick that determines whether you mastered it not.

340. Gash
    Date: Wed, Jan 15 2014 03:43:51

@Sekai 1v1 charge battle?

341. ohzers
    Date: Wed, Jan 15 2014 04:33:26

I accept gash

342. Solaire
    Date: Thu, May 15 2014 02:03:03

Ok so i started spinning 2 days ago, i can do a fingerpass, a sonic, a thumbaround, and almost a shadow. I still cant charge correctly! Is this good/bad?

343. Junjiy
    Date: Thu, May 15 2014 02:43:23

It's alright, people learn at different paces. So far, you're doing pretty good for two days and welcome! :) By the way. Praise the Sun! \[+]/

344. MPC
    Date: Thu, May 15 2014 12:42:11

I agree that's good work in two days. :D I found charge does take a lot of practice, but the good thing is that it's all connected - once you get charge perfected, you'll find that you can do different kinds of passes and sonics, plus shadow will probably become easier. I also found that, once you can do charge, practicing twisted sonic makes your charge motion much smoother. :) mpc

345. Cant_Hai_Tua
    Date: Wed, Oct 8 2014 02:13:47

I am a beginner pen spinner ( :D ) and right now I am focusing on drilling my charges. I am mastering it in my 2-3 slot, and then I am planning to learn it in my 1-2 slot. I was just wondering if it was worth learning charges in the 3-4 slot? I know that eventually it will come in handy but as a beginner I am wondering if maybe I should bother learning it at a later state rather than now. Thank you for your time!!!!

346. DioBrando
    Date: Wed, Oct 8 2014 02:59:45

yes

347. milkywave1
    Date: Wed, Oct 8 2014 04:49:47

learn it in all the slots

348. Sk8xKinG
    Date: Tue, Oct 21 2014 21:51:18

Yay! Just learned to charge continuously! Happy!

349. TheSurveyRDx
    Date: Fri, Nov 14 2014 11:26:09

Weird, I first put the pen between my fingers and kind of swing my hand in a circular motion. Then when I got used to it I keep on flicking my finger, kind of a push motion.

350. Jadenizer4
    Date: Wed, Nov 19 2014 02:33:55

How do I learn how to do the charge normal after I'm already used to doing the charge reverse?

351. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Nov 19 2014 03:26:22

It's harder to learn after you learn it one direction. That being said, you KNOW how the trick should look. Try moving the pen with your other hand watching how your fingers move when the pen rotates in the other direction.

352. Pen15
    Date: Thu, Nov 20 2014 01:17:00

I do the teeter totter and swing my hand palm in direction palm out direction it then goes in a circular motion kinda then i work off that.