UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Cool/Stupid/New School Mod Concept?

1. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 01:06:13

I dunno, had the idea, thought I'd try it. Comments? Though, I'm sure I'll have a lot of people saying this is stupid

2. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 01:36:01

Looks good, not sure how you made your mech, but a lot of RT pen back plugs use a similar process to keep the plug at the same level when you click it (so it doesn't rattle around). There may be some RT pens where you could use that mech to easily create this kind of effect. The only thing I could think of is maybe for writing on uneven surfaces, how does it feel when you use it to write?

3. Fuse
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 01:55:05

...Interesting concept, would love to see a finalized version as well.

4. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 02:05:37

writing seems very weak thou.. well weak might not be the right word what i meant is the writing tip seems to get pushed in even with slightest force? if you can make it so that it only gets pushed in after certain amount of pressure, it would work practically. nice concept thou ;) Frog~

5. Cubesnail
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 04:33:38

Seems similar to the ZT mech, but very different at the same time.

6. Kyoflow
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 04:38:59

i feel like this is a new writing concept, not really a school mod concept. also, i think it would work better if you used a stronger spring?

7. +Guitrum+
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 06:18:28

You could definitely use a stronger spring, I just wanted to isolate parts from accessible pens, but the tension given from the g2 spring seemed to be ample. It was giving a nice even consistent flow of ink and although it took a while to get used to, it was beneficial (to me especially because i press down pretty hard when I write, usually causing a deep indentation. This prevents that).

8. ItsNick
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 09:20:00

the writing tip side is weird after retract...

9. padrace
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 19:40:41

this was done before in the Bic ReAction pen. cool stuff though, nicely done.