UPSB v4

General Discussion / who to listen to?

1. agillitrhiz
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 13:22:46

some say that after 1 year or 1.5 years,you can change to a heavier pen,like from a BICtory to a buster cyl.while some say that you should change only when you are an advanced pser.who should i listen to and,why?

2. Reason
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 13:49:50

this is all really a matter of opinion. i believe that if you wish, you should switch pens at that time. i dont think its a good idea to go from a bictory to a buster since the buster weighs more than double. if you have friends with different pens, try them out and see what feels good and make a decision based off of that. i personally suggest switching to a waterfall mod. remember though, this is all a matter of choice. some people have different ideas about what pen you should use and when, but its really up to the individual. i like the idea of progressing from a lighter mod to a heavier mod(as in light mod> medium weight mod> heavy mod) but it really isnt something that someone else can decide for you. i can give you reasons why i believe this idea though. when you begin by using a light mod you gain control and grow accustomed to using a light mod. when you advance to heavier mods, they spin slower and are easier to control, thus making it easier to spin. but if you go from a very light mod to a very heavy mod, you may strain your hand/fingers and have a sloppy style.

3. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 13:53:30

Just spin whatever you want. Frog~

4. webspider
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 14:02:45

Listen to yourself (sun)

5. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 14:55:09

That's a good question. The statement which says that spinning heavy mods when you first start PS will destroy your style in the future and such things, I think it is just a myth after all. No one can really prove it. The cause of that is because most spinners nowadays are power trickers, and a lot of them cannot do very good with light pens. For myself I prefer to spin a moderate weight/length mod[I have been using RYO Cheat ComSSa as my main mod for more than a year]. I just feel that I fit with it better and its weight is perfect for me so I stick with it. So it is up to you to choose. Try it first, maybe. If you like it then keep it, if not then change. Be yourself, don't follow the stream.

6. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 15:30:15

listen to your heart

7. astronaut
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 15:46:13

I would agree with Reason in the sense that you should spin a medium mod before buster, but I didn't. I went from RSVP V1 to S360 KT at around 10-11 months. My style and speed got worse. I think that you should not buy it because it hurts your hands a lot adjusting to the heavier weight. I recommend the waterfall way more, not just because it is lighter but because it is more comfortable to spin. If you think spinning a buster is a last resort to get better than do it. It is overrated anyway. If want a mod that is heavier, but not hugely heavy look at mods on the wiki that are 14-17 grams.:mods:

8. Alex
    Date: Sat, Jul 14 2012 01:56:21

Yes, spin whatever you want

9. MickChickenn
    Date: Sat, Jul 14 2012 03:29:46

Really doesn't matter.