UPSB v4

General Discussion / CWG Round 2 Judge Sheet and Some Round 3 Info

1. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Aug 5 2010 23:57:10

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jiny8c8ckcs5tt [B] Results for round 2[/B] will be due on the [B]10th of August.[/B] Drawings for [B]round 3 themes[/B] and [B]round 3 spinning number[/B] will be due on the [B]11th of August. [/B] Cyshing, I think you must nominate a country to do these drawings. Round 3 video's will commence on the [B]11th of August[/B] and be due on the [B]19th of August.[/B] I have hired Freeman (yes everyone can know who this judge is) from SPSC to be a third judge. This seems to be all the judges we have/could get. All other rules in keeping other judges anonymous, as well as sending results only to team coordinators still apply. Freeman will also be judging round 1, which for him will be due around the 15th of August. (Round 2 for freeman will be due around the sametime). So then we can have a proper averaging of round 1, still be to be averaged by each team. Im allowing leeway for judge results of round 2(obviously because im explaining this pretty late) but Round 3 themes and Round 3 due dates, and [B]anything to do with round 3 are solid and are definitely the dates when video's are due. [/B] As you know UK isnt competing anymore. So ive taken them out of the judge criteria. Maybe next time ;] Im working on prizes. So stay tuned. Id also like to award "Best X" awards which have no score value, but would be nice to put on sigs etc.

2. miyat
    Date: Fri, Aug 6 2010 01:18:51

Sounds good. I like the best X awards idea. Too bad Canada isn't participating that much. I'll go till the end though.

3. AlienX
    Date: Fri, Aug 6 2010 04:16:06

Certificate?LOL, Thnx Neo, you must be real busy....: )

4. Kari-Chan
    Date: Fri, Aug 6 2010 07:37:55

PRIZES?! YOSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha XD

5. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Fri, Aug 6 2010 08:51:58

ooh nice ideas!

6. cyshing
    Date: Fri, Aug 6 2010 14:27:53

New Zealand team coordinator please do the drawings for Round 3. :)

7. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Aug 7 2010 13:33:24

hmm has freeman submitted his score sheet? hmm when are the results released?

8. Zubola
    Date: Sat, Aug 7 2010 23:32:23

Yo niggas, got results fo shizzle mah nizzle [SPOILER="Descriptions"]PS CWG R2 - Freeman: Wipers Song’s Wipers were very smooth, and he combined it nicely with passes and using difficult fingerslots. On the other hand the camera angle could be better, there’s too zoom and better is the camera was static; also the combo is a bit short. Neoknux’s combo was really amazing. The Wiper part is great because contains a lot of interesting ideas and difficult tricks. The first cool linkage is the Wiper Rev T1 ~> Wiper Rev 11, that direction change was very nice. The ones on 12 and 24, later, seemed hard, and the linkage to a Palmspin was interesting. The combo was smooth and had a good tempo, but there’s a weak sequence: 0:13-0:16. Finally, both tricks in 0:18 and 0:22 are difficult and original. Kari-Chan’s first sequence has nice wiper linkages, but then she forgets the theme. The assisted palmspin is a nice idea, but took a moderate pause. The finisher is a bit sudden, she could add some other wiper sequence to the combo. Walkingjacket’s were fast and he used some advanced slot, but the combo does not give a smooth feeling. I mean, he had a good tempo, but maybe a bit fast for the given theme. Doubles SPRINGFIELD and JoshPS show different trick usage, but it’s not a cohesive video. The first combo is stylish and dynamic, with a good tempo, but the second does not give the same feeling. The transition is a bit odd; it didn’t help to keep the combos united. I liked a lot Yosky and Twine’s video. Combos complement each other with different aspects of speed, variety, difficulty and style. They linked them with an original and funny transition. I also like the final gestures, like saying “yeah, we did it. Second try, but we did it”. Good job. It seems like k-ryder’s pen is too heavy; I think his combo needs more speed or energy. His starter is nice, but then the combo gives a dull look. But then appears i.suk with a powerful combo, and makes it more interesting. Like the calm before the storm. Even so, i.suk’s combo loses that strength in the middle and the finisher; it would have been better if he had made a combo in crescendo. Awesome and miyat’s video also feels like separate combos. Awesome shows smooth spinning, and miyat a flashier one. The transition lasts many time and miyat’s combo ends too suddenly. Making more than one transition requires doing more impressive combos. In my opinion Chiayi and raTS96 have not wasted it. Chiayi shows interesting linkages and raTS96 some Pyralux stuff and powertricks. I like the second transition, where raTS hit the pen. He should center the camera, though. Also both first and second transitions could have been more instantaneous. Body & Environment At first I thought Pen Ninja was going to do an Arm Roll from hand to hand. The original part is his arm position; we can see that is difficult to control the pen this way because it bounces a bit instead of rolling. The neck throw did not give me a strong impression, but then he turns around a bit slowly. I’m wondering why he was too calm; did he do something that we can’t see? On the other hand, the poster roll is not really new, and we can’t see anything that happens with the fan, this affects on Presentation. I think his combo needed some other B&E element, and less regular spinning. Hippo2626’s combo does not contain many PS tricks, but is has a lot of B&E elements. We can see the pen flowing from an idea to another without being a too charged combo. What I don’t like is that in some sequences we don’t see what’s happening (we can’t see the leg roll because of the darkness of the video and the dark pen, also what’s happening when he has the pen caught with his mouth). But he found different objects to interact with in new ways. AlienX’s idea of spinning without seeing is nice, but he hasn’t taken many advantage of it. There’s no Baks, spins (except the starter one, that loses interest because of being at the start, and is barely well catch), aerials (the hand to back – hand is not a great one because we can’t see if he catches the pen in a fingerslot or with the whole hand, also there’s more than one second where we don’t see the pen, that gives him a lot of time to reposition the mod) or difficult sequences to make it challenging. I found the forehead stall nice though, because he shows the 7 number required for this round, and is integrated as a part of the combo. The difference of Ellusion67’s combo is the cohesion. The pen flows from a sequence to another with no stops. The starter is nice with the 2 hand usage, then I like the Arm Roll > Elbow Pop sequence because doesn’t has the typical pause. The aerials and the final catch add variety and difficulty to the combo. [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Results"]Results: Main Battles: Australia: 64.67 Canada: 20 Malaysia: 64 New Zealand: 63.33 Singapore: 58 Side Games: No X Finger: 1st - Singapore: 30 2nd - Australia: 20 3rd - New Zealand: 10 4th - Malaysia: 0 Style Copy: 1st - Singapore: 30 2nd - Malaysia: 20 3rd - Australia: 10[/SPOILER]

9. Twine
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 00:08:58

Oh yeah B) Cleaned up the doubles xD

10. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 00:20:59

yep. yosky has posted the results for freeman...the other 2 judges will be still be sending for us to average the results for each spinner. Um make sure you dont post the exact results on this forum because other judges are not meant to know how the other judges did. and its still really tight guys. anyone can win at this stage.

11. cyshing
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 03:53:36

Malaysia's average is 65... for Freeman's result. Neo, how do we actually calc the results? i thought we should calc average for each spinners from all judges then only add to country total? e.g. Country A spinners each average 62+60+65 = total 187 for Country A. No? For 1st round i only got exact scores from 1 judge as 2nd judge posted something like Yosky has posted on forum. I still didn't get the exact score from 2nd judge for 1st round.

12. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 11:27:30

can someone post the results of the individual battles after all the judges have sent in theyre results?

13. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 12:00:10

@ cyshing. yes you are correct... The thing that yosky did is not how the avg. is calculated. the way you explained was correct. I will ask judge4 to resend the results. then combine this from the results from freeman for round 1, when he releases it, as well as results from judge5. this will be the proper average for round 1.

14. cyshing
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 13:34:40

I see, thanks. Because i didn't receive all the round 1 scores until now kinda makes me think i interpreted the wrong way. ==

15. Zubola
    Date: Tue, Aug 10 2010 04:08:08

CWGJudge5: Main Battles: Australia: 73.33 Canada: 20.33 Malaysia: 72.67 New Zealand: 74 Singapore: 68 Side Games: No X Finger: 1. Australia: 30 2. New Zealand: 20 3. Singapore: 10 4. Malaysia: 0 Style Copy: 1. Australia: 30 2. Singapore: 20 3. Malaysia: 10

16. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Aug 10 2010 04:27:35

did he give any comments?

17. Zubola
    Date: Tue, Aug 10 2010 08:35:04

Hippo2626 wrote: did he give any comments?
    Nope

18. AlienX
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 07:36:25

LOL, lost to Pen-ninja~ I knew it XD Hmm....we did pretty well~

19. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 09:09:05

can someone please explain the judging system please? I'm really confused by it.

20. walkingjacket
    Date: Thu, Aug 12 2010 03:44:18

Hippo2626 wrote: can someone please explain the judging system please? I'm really confused by it.
    Scoring system is explained in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQOOqIA9OiU ----- Regarding the round 3 side games, what is the lower time limit for the two games: Performance spinning and 10 second impress combo? I know the upper limit for the two games, but it'd be nice to know the lower limit as well since it'd be quite difficult to get exactly 45 seconds.