UPSB v4

Off-topic / Bonsai Trees

1. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 04:28:36

Anybody here keep care of bonsai trees? Or know a lot about them? I was planning on taking up this hobby when school starts to help me focus and maintain responsibility. They are really quite interesting, very spiritual and peaceful for the mind, don't forget absolutely beautiful as well.

2. PenwisH
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 04:34:54

is this a troll thread cuz the tetsip i know is not responsible, spiritual, or peaceful. but yes i had one back in school but now i have multiple dogs to keep me busy.

3. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 04:41:42

Suppose I am trying to turn over a new leaf. Posing this, there are hopes that one may turn old habits into new habits to lets say... Improve his quality of life? I hold high interest in really, really random things sometimes and bonsai trees aren't exactly everyday. Unless you live in Japan that is.

4. Fuse
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 04:48:09

You have changed your ways, Daniel-San.

5. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 04:55:20

Fuse wrote: You have changed your ways, Daniel-San.
    I'm glad someone referenced great things.

6. sangara
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 05:30:03

I was really curious about it too, and surprised to see the lack of info online. From what I gathered, any sapling can be turned into a bonsai, you just have to know what you're dealing with. It's very easy to kill them if you're not careful, it comes down to soil, sunlight, water, food, you know all the essentials. Also random tid bit, 90% of the time if you get a "starter kit" it comes with a Chinese Elm.

7. Reason
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 06:25:59

got one as a gift. being an irresponsible teenager... i killed it. at least i think...

8. XYZaki
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 07:25:59

I got one from Downtown LA once. Watered that shit everyday and gave it plenty of sunlight and all that bitch did was die.

9. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 10:58:32

Tetsip wrote: Anybody here keep care of bonsai trees? Or know a lot about them? I was planning on taking up this hobby when school starts to help me focus and maintain responsibility. They are really quite interesting, very spiritual and peaceful for the mind, don't forget absolutely beautiful as well.

10. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 17:42:39

I actually though of the cpu simulator Bonsai when I read the title. =_=