UPSB v4

Off-topic / anyone a law major? need help on a bet

1. SJ
    Date: Thu, Jun 28 2012 07:24:30

we bet that my friends middle name is vincent i said its vin but apparently it says vincent on every official document but it is also vin (used in college directory and everything else) since he uses the middle name vin and vincent interchangeably so i told him that voids the bet he used a third variable to use against me which i had no knowledge of any thoughts? this guy got all technical with me with reasonable person standard, quasi contract, promissory estoppel...lol

2. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:05:37

Tell the fucking idiot to get lost with his law bullshit. He damn well knows that you meant Vin and Vincent, and if he uses both that means either answer is correct. Tell the douchebag going all technical on you to either nut up and take you to court (Who will find this whole thing laughable and agree with you) or shut the fuck up.

3. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:07:23

my brothers a litegaoter for Australian supreme caught, what do u need help with?

4. webspider
    Date: Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:44:24

eurocracy wrote: Tell the fucking idiot […] to […] shut the fuck up.
    Shortened to the relevant points (sun)

5. Demon
    Date: Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:52:15

Matrospin wrote: my brothers a litegaoter for Australian supreme caught, what do u need help with?
    *court :P

6. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 28 2012 13:03:08

i think your friend is right... obviously the distinction between vin and vincent is important in this case, otherwise you guys would not be betting against each other. official documents say vincent, then its vincent. often ppl use nicknames or shortened names for unformal things, college directory is not an official document. official only includes govt issued papers.

7. Tommy
    Date: Fri, Jun 29 2012 07:08:25

well their are 2 sides to this, really, its not that big of a deal