UPSB v4

General Discussion / What is HPSC?

1. webspider
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:07:41

[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="5"]THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BECAUSE BEFORE ITS CREATION ONLY A FEW PEOPLE KNEW MORE ABOUT HPSC THAN THAT IT'S JUST A NEW BOARD. ITS PRIMARY GOAL IS TO ENTER WC2014, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE, READ ON, ELSE FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT THE OFFTOPIC SECTION, SO LEAVE THESE KIND OF COMMENTS SOMEWHERE ELSE. THANKS.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] The penspinning scene used to only have lots of national boards and the universal one for everybody that went through four revisions so far. At least this was the status quo until a small private board titled LPSA[1] released an impressive collaboration video[2] that caused quite an ammount of attention. After that a few private german boards were launched[3], but none of these went beyond being more useful or exclusive than a pimple on your butt[4]. It seemed like the idea of creating them lost its initial popularity. But then I heard about HPSC[5], a new attempt of this concept with a firm goal: Entering WC 2014[6]. To be honest I had to wait half an hour to find that out, simply because eurocracy, the guy behind the project[7] didn't want to believe I wasn't informed yet and spent most of his shouts writing in a quite arrogant way instead of promoting or actually being helpful until I made him point to the private UPSB group[8] he created for this purpose. I was quite surprised and asked him why the effort creating a new board instead of just forming an UPSB team was worth his time. Up to now I haven't received a satisfying answer[9]. My further impressions weren't encouraging at all. The board looked sketchy[10], was hosted as a subdomain on a domain you'd rather expect belonging to a gaming clan[11], had a ridiculous rule set[12] and him as admin, while two newbies were moderators. Again I've asked him why he just doesn't want to use existing rule sets to which he bluntly responded he didn't have the time to create a more coherent version than the current one. At that point he started accusing me to bash his idea and sought support in Baaron who he believed only joined LPSA to not having to be in UPSB's team. However Baaron denied this[13], so my discussion with him ended at that point. Now you might be asking yourself why I did bother to do further investigation. One may expect that HPSC would just slowly die, simply because all successful boards so far have a team of exclusive penspinners for themselves. Assuming that almost all of them aren't planning to switch their main boards, a new board would either have to convince them to change their mind or find new talents. Let's take a look at the member list[14]. The only well-known members would be iColor, Froggy, taichi1082 and i.suk. But since the latter two are banned, only two UPSB moderators are left[15]. So, what about the content of the board? At first it seems to be open, because anybody can register[16], but actually you still need to apply using a premade template[17] to get access to the hidden subforums. When you're done skimming through the cluttered public posts[18], you'll discover there isn't much worthwhile except for some rather amusing threads. I expected some less good[19] trolls to register, but i.suk's move went beyond my expectations: He registered with his usual nickname, used a NYC proxy and felt like behaving in a different way[20] (read: joking around). eurocracy was not amused[21] about him ignoring their rule of not making a fool of yourself[22] and swiftly banned him. Later-on Fryuo unbanned him[23], which resulted in great lulz. taichi1082 applied[24], was accepted[25] and discovered that somebody changed his signature and biography. He opened a thread about that matter[26] and started questioning the general security of this board. After another lengthy and eloquent post, eurocracy declared the matter as closed[27] and so was the thread. I've asked taichi1082 whether there was anything interesting at all in the secret forums, but according to him there was nothing except for a truly revolutionary mod[28]. He decided to act "like a freedom fighter"[29] for no real reason and leaked it on the UPSB shoutbox[30]. It was funny to see how eurocracy acted like he was really disappointed[31] and didn't expect this to happen[32] (on an unrelated note, taichi didn't want to believe how he was still being that formal and took his time writing lengthy posts instead of just kicking him). I think it's needless to say, that a perma-ban had to follow[33]. This should be everything worthwhile telling about. I believe this article contains enough information to provide a sound basis for further discussion. Possible topics would for example be the trustworthiness of HPSC staff, arguing about the approach of going for a HPSC team instead of UPSB team, private boards in general or whatever floats your boat. Heck, this might even become a sink thread. I have included lots of references that look like a number enclosed by square brackets[34] and are listed below. These will either contain URLs, quotes from other people, further explanations or random combinations of them. I hope reading this text this has been as informative for you as writing it has been for me. Have fun. Oh, and thanks @taichi1082 for proofreading and correction. Now, open the following spoiler tag for even more fun (sun) [SPOILER="References"][1]: No, the "Liechtenstein Penspinning Association" has nothing to do with Liechtenstein. None of its members has been or even lived there. In case you couldn't tell: The title is supposed to be a joke and the board itself has been created for fun. [2]: LPSA 1st. You might want to check these out well: Killerserie, LPSA 50, Killerserie 2, LPSA 2nd. [3]: TCPA, GPSA, FDSPS, CPS, ASCPB. There is an even more obvious LPSA copy and for a change a board that was not created by germans. [4]: I'm very sorry for that generic comparision. Some people may prefer "but none of these went beyond being more useful or exclusive than Beats™ in the wild" instead. [5]: Official URL I will be refering to from now on. [6]: HPSC - wikero's introduction thread: "Welcome wikero, trust me, with the stuff I've got planned for the private forums, anyone will be able to enter WC14". [7]: He told me that originally Erza and Fryuo asked him to create a board, so he did and made them moderators. [8]: HPSC group on UPSB [9]: As you might have imagined my definition of a satisfying answer differs greatly from his. [10]: Color scheme (I really don't have to get into details there, have I?), configuration of the board software looks kiddy-like (thread ratings, find-button in posts, online-status next to the nickname in posts, the icons, using a serif font for quote authors and dates and a sans font for everything else), the calendar plug-in has a potentially threatening bug. [11]: I wonder whether this is pure coincidence. [12]: HPSC - Rules: No racism, no flaming/trolling, no spamming, no bragging about skill levels, use common sense. What a list. I guess it's ok then to post pictures of naked asian chicks, but not to complain about it only being asians on these pics because that obviously would be racist. So flaming/trolling defaces entire communities and being proud of your spinning time isn't even allowed (keep in mind that a lot of your image as a penspinner derives from the skills you have in relation to your spinning time). "Don't start making a fool of yourself" is my favorite line. Newbies will of course be all disciplined and properly behaving the way eurocracy wants them to and foolish behaviour is something that isn't even allowed to exist, right. [13]: "[23 Minutes Ago 09:52 PM]Baaron : i wasn't recruited to spin in lpsa's wc team at all, i volunteered myself to join the community since it had a better spinning environment" [14]: HPSC - Member list [15]: Both aren't even particularly known for their spinning, which is quite funny considering the board's goal to enter WC 2014. [16]: HPSC - Sign-up link [17]: HPSC - Application template: "The main point of the applications is to stop excessive members joining HPSC and to hide our techniques from the general pen spinning scene." [18]: There is for example no visible transition between posts and signatures, only a small change of indent. This is incredibly annoying, especially if members have multiline-text there instead of just a small image or just nothing. Oh, and the official(?) HPSC signatures look awful as well. [19]: HPSC - Troll introduction: "Oh and i learned how to bust with my penis from menowafan, he said it is a new trick? Can anyone post tutorial for the cockbust trick so i can see if i am doing it correctly?" - "User was banned for this post - Reason: Sucks at cockbusting". [20]: HPSC: i.suk's application [21]: HPSC - Follow-up thread regarding i.suk [22]: See [11]. [23]: HPSC - Follow-up thread regarding i.suk: ADMIN RAGE: "Fryuo ignored this and unbanned i.suk. How I have to ban i.suk again. Do NOT REVERSE A BAN JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE HIM. This is ridiculous." [24]: HPSC - taichi1082's application [25]: HPSC - taichi1082's application: Sucess! [26]: HPSC - taichi1082's plea to not mess with his user settings [27]: Of course he demoted the moderator responsible for that, else he could never have just closed the thread. [28]: Leaked mod tutorial: "Realise this mod requires one of the most advanced modding techniques, Tip Fusion. This technique is irreversible and can be time consuming and dangerous with small, sharp metal pieces" [29]: UPSB - Official tutorial for eurocracy's selfmod: taichi1082's unrelated remark: "I feel like a freedom fighter now" [30]: UPSB - Official tutorial for eurocracy's selfmod: "This mod was originally released only to HPSC members. It was then leaked out publicly in the shoutbox. I had not originally intended to release this mod, but I feel I may as well give out an official tutorial rather than leave it to leaked versions to have a look at." [31]: HPSC - Follow-up thread regarding taichi1082: "I'm genuinely disappointed by this behaviour, and I'd like your opinions on whether to extend his ban to permanent.". [32]: Leaked mod tutorial: "Not much of a secret anymore for those who get accepted. Just be careful Euro. There could always be somebody that slips through your application." [33]: HPSC - Follow-up thread regarding taichi1082: Final words: "Ban increased to permanent, I have never seen such immature behaviour in my life." [34]: Yes, exactly these.[/SPOILER]

2. Gisele 8
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:15:40

didn't understand anything

3. webspider
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:16:14

tl;dr: You shouldn't join HPSC. That's all.

4. Gisele 8
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:17:20

if there's a problem with lolboards being created, we all know who started this

5. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:18:56

this thread is fucking retarded

6. Fryuo
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:22:31

webspider wrote: [34]: Yes, exactly these.[/SPOILER]
    i think it is a board of trying to get into WC. I believe that u may be right. I dont think that HPSC will take off. it is suppose to be developing still but idk how its gona happen. I will believe it when i see it. no offence intended, but i just dont think it will happen

7. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:22:42

What the hell is going on here?

8. taichi1082
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:29:02

Gisele 8 wrote: if there's a problem with lolboards being created, we all know who started this
    LPSA is a lolboard. Thats a seriousboard.

9. strat1227
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:38:43

Lol highschool drama manifesting itself on online forums, fun stuff

10. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:55:43

strat1227 wrote: Lol highschool drama manifesting itself on online forums, fun stuff
    :rofl: Honestly this whole thing is hilarious. However, I will not take sides.

11. Fryuo
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 23:01:07

Fuse wrote: :rofl: Honestly this whole thing is hilarious. However, I will not take sides.
    i am with fuse

12. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 23:10:47

Wow, I'm suddenly reminded of GPC. And i am impressed by the effort you put in that post, webspider, not bad. (and yeah it is ASCPB ;) )

13. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 23:16:22

who cares?

14. Reason
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 23:38:20

:facepalm: sigh... lets not. mkay?

15. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 00:07:54

Lol this is a joke....Hspc board is a joke!

16. spinford
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 00:08:05

HPSC is is community that strives for one goal. Being better penspinners and we will all in the community of HPSC. Wanna join =D

17. King
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 01:50:27

Honestly, if Euro wasnt such a twat id think HPSC as a positive thing. Edit: Can't wait for Euro's response to webspider

18. Van
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 01:56:42

King wrote: Honestly, if Euro wasnt such a twat id think HPSC as a positive thing.
    nuff said

19. webspider
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 02:05:17

I'm slightly disappointed that most of you don't want to take a stance or discuss, but I'll guess this will change as soon as eurocracy enters the scene.

20. kaku
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 02:10:17

I think HPSC is like, a way of feeling power. Eurocracy wants to have admin powers, and since UPSB won't give him any he makes his own separate board, trying to feel elite and special. What a cry for attention. Fairu.

21. Tetsip
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 02:14:35

dafuq is this shit

22. wotu1
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 02:39:53

reading through hpsc is a lulzfest

23. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 03:35:04

- making a board to enter WC14 (or any wt/wc in general) through an 'easy' route, as opposed to training to reach the required skill level, is just an action of a person who is too lazy, cheapass, and dishonorable to practice enough to reach 'elite' level (although the ideas of 'elite' are also very variable); note that LPSA does not fall into this category because its members are very good spinners - from feedback on WC12 and the fiasco and trolling which resulted from several members, the current consensus in comments i have read is that WC14 should have a qualification collab to ensure the boards that do qualify take every round seriously, and that the standard of videos produced is kept high enough for such a prestigious event as wt/wc - from above, assuming 8 boards qualify for WC14 as with WC10, there is a considerable chance that UPSB won't qualify (let alone HPSC), given that THPSC, JEB, GPC, PSH, TWPS, HKPSA, FPSB, LPSA are all strong boards - about HPSC itself, i do not see how using a different IP address or talking in a different manner violates any of the rules stated on HPSC; also: people talk in different manners and use different IPs on UPSB and other forums all the time without consequence, i do not see what makes HPSC so different from these forums that speaking a bit differently gives a ban - for those who do talk to me more often, the my age = [index bust record + 4] / 10 is something i have said a few times, yet someone who rarely converses with me (i.e. eurocracy) feels that he knows how i speak online - there is a clear difference between trolling and direct personal attacks with joking, sarcasm, and acts of randomness; this difference appears to be lost to many (why so serious?) - furthermore, the application process and the sole judge of who gets through (eurocracy himself) presents a very one-sided view of PS from only one judge (hardly the point of view you want to be taking into a multi-themed tournament as diverse as WC, and very blind to the various aspects that exist in PS, no matter how skilled a judge is, it is usually better to have several assessors, as perceptions of difficulty especially, as well as creativity, are quite variable); and this hasn't even gone into the PS experience that judge has at any rate, i wish HPSC the best of luck, perhaps we will meet in wt13, wc14, or later wt/wc if we happen to compete in them (sun) /end of my long, arrogant, non-serious rant on HPSC

24. jet
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 04:04:37

:rofl: HAHAHA LMAO I noticed that Suixidal/Krispy Kreme joined HPSC

25. funnky
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 05:17:51

i dont see why this is such a big deal

26. CBC
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 05:37:19

this crap is getting serious.

27. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 05:40:11

UPSB won't qualify directly after coming in 2nd? doesn't seem likely

28. Twine
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 06:13:48

tl;dr Euro is a mad cunt looking for power and we all laff at him. laff laff laff

29. Gash
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 06:20:42

No one talks about PussayLicker696969 T___T He must feel left out. @Youknowwhoyouare

30. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 06:35:28

is there any problem with the new board?? Seriously it's just a board... ignore it dude!

31. Kazuki
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 06:48:25

Dafuq

32. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 07:25:52

They should make a new rule which limits World Cup participation to only communities that are actually considered as 'country', like WC in sports. At least LPSA used a cunning naming by adding Liechtenstein as a part of name, implying that they have something to do with a country. But HPSC is apparently nothing at all but something like a smaller society for a group of individuals. Or maybe using the qualification round from WC10, that should maintain the standard of 'World' Cup. IMO, HPSC still has a long way to go if they want to enter WC.

33. Kyoflow
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 08:02:25

i feel like i spend more time reading threads like this rather than thread that are actually about ps. for people like euro, lets watch the way we speak to others and the way you express your opinions to avoid setting off so many people at the people like yourself. as for hpsc, i think we should jsut ignore it. euro created it cause he thought he should have admin powers (anyone who wants a high seat should never lead). the spinners arent anywhere near the level that other spinners are at around the world. this board is small and probably wont gain many more members after this thread. so lets just ignore small boards unless they prove to us that they're worth the ps communities' attention like lpsa did

34. flaming oracle
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 08:04:45

umm ok really why?? why a thread about an opinion about "not real boards" i mean really just close this thread its going soon enough jump into a shouting match then someone's gonna get banned and whatever i feel like as if web spider is trying to prove theres no point in joining other boards cause its usless but ok im fine with that not my issue im just a but suprise euro hasnt seen this yet or hasnt said anything call me stupid but is this thread really nessasary?? -.- should be on off topic so at least noone gets banned first off since this is more opinion based things that will eventually turn into some upsb war like euro's menowa mod thread thing that was useless to me :D anywho! thats enough from me have fun with this thread also i am not tryin to offend anyone ect just saying since its kinda annoying how people get banned on a board like this

35. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 08:33:17

@webspider just ignore what they do... you can't control him... go ahead and let them do it...

36. fang
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 08:55:10

And this is the reason why I didn't join. I saw this already comming <_< (even though I am asked to join) And @webspider my respect for this post. Would have been a hell of work!~

37. Yamaguchi
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 09:03:34

Like this post if you didn't read all what webspider wrote. btw, I think eurocracy should thank webspider for advertising hpsc :D

38. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 09:59:18

strat1227 wrote: UPSB won't qualify directly after coming in 2nd? doesn't seem likely
    if we consider the remarkable series of coincidences that lead to UPSB coming 2nd, it is not so clear any more R1: thpsc underestimates ipsb and loses R2: thpsc draws with twps (after peem withdraws from arm injury and baimai submits a 12-second combo that ties with x1213) from 1st 3 rounds: thpsc has more votes than upsb, but only 1 win, upsb has 2 wins, so upsb progresses to R4 (if either of the above events did not occur, UPSB would not have passed group stage) R4: jeb makes a subpar artistic and doubles videos (still, i think we could've beaten them even if they made better ones and jeb sent same lineup, but ocha, who is a stronger candidate for artistic imo, judging from his japen 7th combo that he performed 3 times consecutively and other 2h usage, would've stood a better chance against hippo) R5: minwoo cheats (neo's combo > minwoo's r5 even if he did perform that same material uncheated, but could minwoo have done better? who knows?), sponge is not in technical (+1 to upsb, he could've beaten me if he wanted haha), a heap of judges (i.e. 4 communities) didn't submit, so results for double are also questionable (given that is quite a controversial match, imo, upsb's double won 5.5 - 4.5 iirc) with events like spinners being busy/saying their material is not ready for use yet, and boards sending in comparatively 'weak' lineups late in the tournament; upsb's progress to r6 hinged significantly on luck (still, upsb is awesome xDDD hmm.) although this is all terribly off topic atm :rofl: i wonder why eurocracy has not replied to this thread, despite being online on upsb after its posting =\ perhaps he has no reasons to justify his actions D:

39. Reason
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:37:40

if HPSC does succeed, it will only separate upsb so probably neither will qualify for WC... that or it takes all the trolls out of upsb (which would be nice)... i think euro is ignoring this for obvious reasons... probably a good choice.

40. Pixels
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:01:55

to be honest, hpsc should continue so fags like euro and his cronies can leave upsb. I realised that now upsb is a much peaceful place after the creation of hpsc. Long live hpsc

41. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:25:31

I had not seen this before now i.suk I see a lot of people saying that I founded this board for admin powers. Well, to start, I didn't actually found the board, credit where it's due to Fryuo and Erza who came up with the idea and invited people to their group on the UPSB forums. They wanted/needed a forum of their own for this and were thinking about going free when I told them I had an old used webserver. For those of you who don't know why our site is hpsc.iprogaming.org , I was the leader of the iPRO gaming community and had been admining those forums for far longer than HPSC and had to deal with a lot more than what HPSC has. I think anyone who is an admin can tell you that actually having the powers is a pain and is only for keeping things in structure, not for having fun. Going through settings, installing modules, making the theme, moderating the forums is a task, it is not a toy or something that you would have for the simple reason of power. And for those of you who notice, I'm also here on UPSB pretty much every single day, so clearly it's not like I care whether I have powers or not and choose to stay in a single board because of that. From experience in iPRO, spambots are 95% of all moderating ever. When I first met spambots there were 100 threads and 100 accounts on my old iPRO forums. Banning/deleting accounts and deleting threads gets real repetitive real quick. While we don't have it on that scale here, we still get 1 or 2 spambots every day I have to kill off in HPSC. I could give you more examples about admining and having admin powers about me, but you don't want to hear my life story. About the moderators Fryuo and Erza, as founders, they had their right in the proceedings to be the ones who were running the community. Now, with what people have been saying regarding 'power' cleaned up, let me go through some things.

The penspinning scene used to only have lots of national boards and the universal one for everybody that went through four revisions so far. At least this was the status quo until a small private board titled LPSA[1] released an impressive collaboration video[2] that caused quite an ammount of attention. After that a few private german boards were launched[3], but none of these went beyond being more useful or exclusive than a pimple on your butt[4]. It seemed like the idea of creating them lost its initial popularity.
    In the name of penspinning, while the chances of a board lifting off may be lower than you would think, when it comes to a hobby that you're having fun with, it never hurts to give it a shot and see where you go. This actually applies to a hell of a lot of communities online, a lot of them will never lift off but many will try. You will not know until you do actually try.
    But then I heard about HPSC[5], a new attempt of this concept with a firm goal: Entering WC 2014[6]. To be honest I had to wait half an hour to find that out, simply because eurocracy, the guy behind the project[7] didn't want to believe I wasn't informed yet and spent most of his shouts writing in a quite arrogant way instead of promoting or actually being helpful until I made him point to the private UPSB group[8] he created for this purpose. I was quite surprised and asked him why the effort creating a new board instead of just forming an UPSB team was worth his time. Up to now I haven't received a satisfying answer[9].
    You were actually being sarcastic right off the bat from the moment you heard about HPSC and dealing with you was obviously going to be a pain, I did even say that your negative view on it wasn't going to change and that explaining anything to you would be a waste of time. You clearly disagree with what we are doing and don't want to partake in it, in fact you have gone so far as to write a whole thread about us regarding it and I can see that my prediction was correct.
    My further impressions weren't encouraging at all. The board looked sketchy[10], was hosted as a subdomain on a domain you'd rather expect belonging to a gaming clan[11], had a ridiculous rule set[12] and him as admin, while two newbies were moderators. Again I've asked him why he just doesn't want to use existing rule sets to which he bluntly responded he didn't have the time to create a more coherent version than the current one. At that point he started accusing me to bash his idea and sought support in Baaron who he believed only joined LPSA to not having to be in UPSB's team. However Baaron denied this[13], so my discussion with him ended at that point.
    About our domain, we actually don't have any affiliation whatsoever with www.iprogaming.com who are a COD clan. iPRO Gaming Community was a community run by me, the name was incredibly ironic with the fact that we were a group of players having fun, not being a small team competitively. So it stuck. Note that our website is www.iprogaming.org NOT www.iprogaming.com and that nothing can be seen as I've since taken our old forums down a long while ago. You also go pretty far when you start examining fonts that aren't written as if in cursive to describe us as "sketchy" and calling us "kiddy like". Frankly, you're just looking for points here that don't affect anything. I would like to see more information on this lovely calender bug though. When it comes to a small board like this where the majority of cases that require moderating are likely to happen in the public forums, I could say that those rules apply pretty nicely. As for the "No bragging about skill levels", I want to create an environment where spinners would advance as equals without divisions of skill levels creating divisions in our entire community. The entire rule was only designed for extreme cases. I also like how you oppose the rule of "No Racism" and point out that's stupid and provide an example about naked asian girls instead. One of the weaker points you've made. "Don't make a fool of yourself", like seriously, that's under the common sense rule, common sense dictated part of Taichi's ban, he was expecting it and knew what he had done was an offence of that level. We don't want people defacing our community and such and this rule is to make people take a bit of care with their posts and think before they actually say anything, NOT to berate new spinners. I actually involved Baaron when the discussion was about "What is the point of HPSC". I had basically said that Baaron should know, being a member of LPSA. The two are pretty much similar, with one being created for less serious purposes than the other (Though how serious the board is shouldn't change anything).
    So, what about the content of the board? At first it seems to be open, because anybody can register[16], but actually you still need to apply using a premade template[17] to get access to the hidden subforums. When you're done skimming through the cluttered public posts[18], you'll discover there isn't much worthwhile except for some rather amusing threads. I expected some less good[19] trolls to register, but i.suk's move went beyond my expectations: He registered with his usual nickname, used a NYC proxy and felt like behaving in a different way[20] (read: joking around). eurocracy was not amused[21] about him ignoring their rule of not making a fool of yourself[22] and swiftly banned him. Later-on Fryuo unbanned him[23], which resulted in great lulz.
    He had set himself up to look like an impersonator and had to be banned for being an impersonator. He had no real wish to join and was clearly just joking around with us, he then made a few speeches in the shoutbox about it being really him and bragging about it so I decided to leave him banned. Fryuo didn't realize why I left him banned and unbanned him. After explaining to Fryuo it was not about impersonation anymore in private, he was rebanned.
    taichi1082 applied[24], was accepted[25] and discovered that somebody changed his signature and biography. He opened a thread about that matter[26] and started questioning the general security of this board. After another lengthy and eloquent post, eurocracy declared the matter as closed[27] and so was the thread. I've asked taichi1082 whether there was anything interesting at all in the secret forums, but according to him there was nothing except for a truly revolutionary mod[28]. He decided to act "like a freedom fighter"[29] for no real reason and leaked it on the UPSB shoutbox[30]. It was funny to see how eurocracy acted like he was really disappointed[31] and didn't expect this to happen[32] (on an unrelated note, taichi didn't want to believe how he was still being that formal and took his time writing lengthy posts instead of just kicking him). I think it's needless to say, that a perma-ban had to follow[33].
    The private forums were relatively new when Taichi had signed up and we hadn't gotten everybody active yet. There was no point acting angry and informal about the situation, because that simply leads to trolls going in for a lulzcow. He was banned for a week until his reasons were heard. When I was faced with multiple LPSA members joining in and generally insulting me for about 40 minutes in the shoutbox, he was banned permanently. I went over our password security system with Taichi thanks to that thread where he out of the blue started accusing our passwords of being possibly unsafe. I also had the community decide what to do with Fryuo and see if they thought what he had done really reflected his moderating abilities. He was then demoted. This thread is likely to end up locked, and this is why; if you don't like our board, you don't have to be involved or join, it's not like we're going to throw ourselves in your face if you don't come anywhere near us. We've had enough activity on this in the shoutbox and on our forums to have to bring this into UPSB, I'm asking for this to stop while it can still be sensible.

42. Demon
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:33:07

he speaks :ghost:

43. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:37:13

never set myself up to look like anything, all the details (including age, email) were entirely correct, just that you decided (for some unknown reason) that the IP address is a sure sign of an impersonator =\ any somewhat-intelligent impersonator would use an australian proxy/IP to avoid detection in this aspect 'i had no real wish to join' <-- since when were you under the delusion you knew my intentions? i had every intention to join...which is why i joined. lolwut, joking around does not equate to not wanting to join, there are many people who are not entirely serious on upsb in their conversations but are active members 'bragging about it' <-- not sure how stating my secondary reason for joining (i.e. telling you that IP address does not ascertain location, and to relax a bit with the tight atmosphere of the forum) is any bragging at all, perhaps our interpretations of bragging are very different furthermore, i maintain that i did not violate any hpsc rules (as per the rule thread on hpsc) D: but besides my banning, i guess hpsc is just another place to discuss stuff about spinning, nothing more (yet?) haha

44. coffeelucky
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:37:48

My only one reason why I spin for THPSC is because THPSC made me can spin like today I can. Respecting your board, nothing more than that.

45. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:51:20

i.suk wrote: never set myself up to look like anything, all the details (including age, email) were entirely correct, just that you decided (for some unknown reason) that the IP address is a sure sign of an impersonator =\ any somewhat-intelligent impersonator would use an australian proxy/IP to avoid detection in this aspect 'i had no real wish to join' <-- since when were you under the delusion you knew my intentions? i had every intention to join...which is why i joined. lolwut, joking around does not equate to not wanting to join, there are many people who are not entirely serious on upsb in their conversations but are active members 'bragging about it' <-- not sure how stating my secondary reason for joining (i.e. telling you that IP address does not ascertain location, and to relax a bit with the tight atmosphere of the forum) is any bragging at all, perhaps our interpretations of bragging are very different furthermore, i maintain that i did not violate any hpsc rules (as per the rule thread on hpsc) D:
    It was mainly due to you saying that "I wanted to prove to eurocracy that he can't control everything" when I had to ban you because the first check, IP address location, failed. It genuinely did look like it wasn't you and it then looked like you were deliberately trying to trick and mess about with us to make us look like idiots. Ideally this would have been better sorted out talking with you face to face but I had not got around to that.

46. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:59:06

imo let hpsc be and see how things goes

47. Demon
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:06:57

i srsly dun see how giving a wrong location garners a ban. btw y do u even care? u gonna send him a card or something? -.-

48. webspider
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:23:17

Yamaguchi wrote: btw, I think eurocracy should thank webspider for advertising hpsc :D
    Negative PR is good PR, right? But no, I don't think he's going to appreciate it because so far he only reiterated what people can read if they follow the links in the references + some points that don't make anything suddenly invalid. See, if I say for example that iprogaming.org looks like it belongs to a gaming clan and point out that iprogaming.com actually does and he shows me that my assumptions are right and goes into further detail, this doesn't counter my remark at all. Whatever, I hope that the number of offtopic posts stays low (sun)

49. utkarsh
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:27:50

Leave that board as it is, we will look to it when wc14 starts LOL and prolly they wont get in :rofl:

50. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:29:51

webspider wrote: Negative PR is good PR, right? But no, I don't think he's going to appreciate it because so far he only reiterated what people can read if they follow the links in the references + some points that don't make anything suddenly invalid. See, if I say for example that iprogaming.org looks like it belongs to a gaming clan and point out that iprogaming.com actually does and he shows me that my assumptions are right and goes into further detail, this doesn't counter my remark at all. Whatever, I hope that the number of offtopic posts stays low (sun)
    I actually pointed out that www.iprogaming.com isn't related to me at all or our website... They are an entirely different group of people. Explanations work better than outright saying "You're wrong", it's showing what is really there. Are you genuinely expecting a "Your argument is invalid" war? We're talking about a small community here, if you would wish to document what you don't like about it, we'll explain how we see it and leave you be, it's clear that you're likely unwilling to change your mind. As for the wrong location, i.suk is a famous spinner and I was not going to take any chances and let someone impersonating i.suk in, when he failed the first check I instantly banned the account.

51. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:56:13

On a sidenote: I don't agree with webspiders way of bashing other peoples projects. I just wanted to see the reactions. But given that UPSB already provides the environment for penspinners of all nations to communicate, I really wonder about your motives. What do you expect from a project like this? Why do you think users would participate in a new community thats basically UPSB but private?

52. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 13:28:45

It's okay to make a new board, but it's not okay to just apply your board to WC. The problem is with a crack in WC rules that makes it insecure, simply adding a qualification round or other solutions would fix it. The problem is not with these newly made boards. So I don't know why some people are whining. But it's good to create this thread because I wanted to know some information about HPSC[Even though the thread is pretty much full with biased information for each side, but it's okay.] And I don't understand why having 'iprogaming.org' in the address has something to do with anything here at all? :dunno: If you look HPSC as a society not a big community, then it's their business to do stuff. Perhaps it's just a temporary address for the site until they can get a new one, if you think positive since it is also one of the possibilities that you can't deny. The board is pretty small, but this thread gives a feeling like it is a much bigger deal. I am one of the moderators of THPSC and I look at it as an acheivement. After gaining the title, I have never really done anything except writing some articles. I don't even think I have ever banned a single bot. :c And it seems like I am here more than I ever stay on THPSC. In a place where I have absolutely no power at all, power that I have almost never actually used. Being an abusive admin/mod is ridiculous and quite idiotic, in my opinion. But I don't know about others, though. If you dislike the community or the people in charge then you don't have to mess if with it, because after all it is their right to create one. :dunno:

53. Frip
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 13:35:25

Let it be, but this calls for WC qualifying. 8 spots might not be enough either for '14. I'd list all the "real" communities, but I'll forget to many and it'll just end up embarrassingly... We need to draw a line between national teams and regular teams. Could team Colorado join the WC because we're based on location like GPC, PSH, or TWPS? It's the same thing for WT, some spinners switched to different boards so they have a better chance of joining. Personally, I think the entire concept of location-based communities won't hold up much longer, especially because it is hard to establish new communities in countries that don't have the tradition of JEB, GPC, or FPSB. In the end that makes UPSB a catch-all board; example: we're all used to seeing Eriror here, but nobody has ever brought up that he's closer to NLPSC or GPC and should therefore technically join those boards. Nowadays he might be pressured into joining those boards. Most people speak English so they end up in UPSB. If we had team competitions with similar prestige/importance as the WC, location would no longer be an issue and the "borderline" spinners might sit out WC instead of controversially joining another country. anyways WHY THE FUCK DO WE NOT HAVE AN AMERICAN BOARD YET? AFTER ALL, 'MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and with that being said I want to emphasize that LPSA is more location-centric than 90% of the other boards. I've personally met ~80% of the members.

54. fang
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 13:40:16

Frip wrote: we're all used to seeing Eriror here, but nobody has ever brought up that he's closer to GPC or BPSC/FPSB and should therefore technically join those boards.
    Or NLPSC.

55. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 13:44:56

I actually announced in the shoutbox about 20 minutes ago I'm either going to pass on the leadership of HPSC to someone else or shut it down. The whole thing has gone into a much bigger mess that I never saw coming when I set up the board, it's no longer worth continuing running it in my opinion if every time it gets brought up I have people saying things like "HPSC is shit" or myself being called "Cocky, arrogant, twat, jerk, etc". And then our spinners have been called sub par and such for our large goal. I think it'd be better off if they and myself didn't have to be subjected to that. I'm no longer keeping this project going, if nobody steps forward to take control of the site by tomorrow, I'll shut it down.

56. Yamaguchi
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 15:00:16

utkarsh wrote: Leave that board as it is, we will look to it when wc14 starts LOL and prolly they wont get in :rofl:
    oh, you must be so good to leave hpsc..

57. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 15:43:50

Just for my dear eurocracy: I assume you do realize that theres quite the number of people complaining about your behaviour and making fun of you. If I were you I would at least a bit think that the people claiming you'd be arrogant may have a point. Reactions like those are most of the time not because there's a new nice guy who doesn't bother anyone. These kind of reactions mostly result from someone behaving in a way that disturbs or annoys other people. Those people will most likely react to change the behaviour of the person to create a better environment. So just some advice that really isn't meant to annoy or insult you in any way: Please at least try to get along with other people. Please try to understand that noone is actually trying to seriously insult or belittle you. Please understand that people are the way they are and it has nothing to do with you personally. They will act like that to anyone who annoys them or disturbs the peace of the environment. And plese try to understand other people, because it doesn't seem to me that you are able to really understand what other people are trying to communicate to you. This doesn't mean that you are stupid or anything. It just means that you don't pay enough attention to the important details. Thank you.

58. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 16:14:27

ChainBreak wrote: Just for my dear eurocracy: I assume you do realize that theres quite the number of people complaining about your behaviour and making fun of you. If I were you I would at least a bit think that the people claiming you'd be arrogant may have a point. Reactions like those are most of the time not because there's a new nice guy who doesn't bother anyone. These kind of reactions mostly result from someone behaving in a way that disturbs or annoys other people. Those people will most likely react to change the behaviour of the person to create a better environment. So just some advice that really isn't meant to annoy or insult you in any way: Please at least try to get along with other people. Please try to understand that noone is actually trying to seriously insult or belittle you. Please understand that people are the way they are and it has nothing to do with you personally. They will act like that to anyone who annoys them or disturbs the peace of the environment. And plese try to understand other people, because it doesn't seem to me that you are able to really understand what other people are trying to communicate to you. This doesn't mean that you are stupid or anything. It just means that you don't pay enough attention to the important details. Thank you.
    This I can understand, but when I have several people who suddenly appear that I don't even know nor recognize and start such like this before I can say anything, that's when I'm genuinely skeptical. This was what has happened in the shoutbox over the past few days and I question what on earth are they thinking when it goes on for lengthy periods of time like when it did.

59. webspider
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 16:33:06

A start to improve your communication would be to not to use full quotes all the time and just adress the poster by using @ChainBreak for example or just refrain from doing it when you are adressing the post directly above. Like I do now.

60. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 16:52:43

@webspider I don't see how this changes what I am saying at all. Also:

[18 Minutes Ago 05:03 PM] webspider : clean up the post and it could get some upvotes [19 Minutes Ago 05:02 PM] ChainBreak : Yeah I know that's what I learnt in school a year ago. [19 Minutes Ago 05:02 PM] webspider : and he doesn't seem to be able to pick it up [19 Minutes Ago 05:02 PM] webspider : I think in the end it boils down to communication [19 Minutes Ago 05:01 PM] webspider : but you've made an important point
    Webspider, after having talked to you in the shoutbox and cleared things out, why are you then going to chainbreak and talking about me besides the fact I listened to what you said last time and even so much the ending was supposed to be a resolution. What exactly are you trying to prove now? You've made your point already, but going on about it to other people supposedly behind my back is just asking for attention.

61. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 17:03:11

eurocracy wrote: This I can understand, but when I have several people who suddenly appear that I don't even know nor recognize and start such like this before I can say anything, that's when I'm genuinely skeptical. This was what has happened in the shoutbox over the past few days and I question what on earth are they thinking when it goes on for lengthy periods of time like when it did.
    Sir, if you don't know who's everyone, that is your problem. When I called you arrogant and cocky, you said "I don't even know who you are". Considering I've been around on UPSB for almost 4 years now, it is certainly your problem. As I told you, I don't need to be summoned to remind you how arrogant you are, I've been saying it for quite a few months now (I can provide Skype logs or things like that if you actually want to check :3), so there's no need to be skeptical at all. I'm not fame personified, but I can say I'm at least "well-known" in the ps-scene (either because of the WC, or because of Spin Along, or simply because I've been around 4 years and that's a lot, lol), so if you "don't recognize me" maybe you should pay attention to more spinners than Menowa. Also, HPSC was bound to die eventually, so I'm glad you made the process shorter. I could name a few points in addition to the thread, but I'm late and everything is in the final stage now, so well, it's just pointless. GG

62. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 17:17:03

VikroaL wrote: Sir, if you don't know who's everyone, that is your problem. When I called you arrogant and cocky, you said "I don't even know who you are". Considering I've been around on UPSB for almost 4 years now, it is certainly your problem. As I told you, I don't need to be summoned to remind you how arrogant you are, I've been saying it for quite a few months now (I can provide Skype logs or things like that if you actually want to check :3), so there's no need to be skeptical at all. I'm not fame personified, but I can say I'm at least "well-known" in the ps-scene (either because of the WC, or because of Spin Along, or simply because I've been around 4 years and that's a lot, lol), so if you "don't recognize me" maybe you should pay attention to more spinners than Menowa. Also, HPSC was bound to die eventually, so I'm glad you made the process shorter. I could name a few points in addition to the thread, but I'm late and everything is in the final stage now, so well, it's just pointless. GG
    I hate to ever bring post elitism into an argument, but at 194 posts since june 2010, 2 years ago, there's far, far less chance of me seeing you than you'd expect, so don't expect yourself to be so familiar among people as you think. True, Menowa is my idol, I like his spinning. I probably have seen a video of your spinning, and chances are the reason you're not known to me is I didn't enjoy watching it as much as say, eriror, Menowa, Saizen, etc. So don't claim I don't watch other spinners, that's not even a point. Go ahead Vikroal, why don't you dig up some skype logs about how much you hate me, if you've been saying I'm arrogant and cocky as much as you say you have, I'm pretty sure we'd all like to know about your underground, hidden exploits. You've been bragging about those logs several times now, and to be fairly honest, having my first impression as this, how much do you think any sane person would then think of your ideas?

63. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 17:41:00

Oh, postcounts, y u so funny. It's a shame I haven't posted 100 messages about a spinner and his mod, I'm really sorry. Maybe it's time to start fanboying Sponge and his mod just to reach 500 posts and spit at you! (sun) And I hate to ever bring experience elitism into an argument, but maybe you should consider taking a look at the spinners who reached the WC12 semifinals, there's far, far less chance of people being as ignorant as you are when it comes to every penspinning aspect, Mr. Extremely-Advanced-Modding-Techniques. By the way, I'm glad this argument is taking place on UPSB: bragging about spinning age is forbidden on HPSC!!!! :rofl: And iirc, I've mentioned the logs twice, but considering how unknown I am that's like 100% of the times you've ever seen me, so yeah, several times, whatever. Would you rather have only my Skype lines or everyone's? The latter choice is like 5x times longer, but I'm sure you feel like reading some good things about you, don't you? Also, if you choose the latter, make sure you give me some time so I can ask for permissions to give names, though I'm sure most of them wouldn't care anyway :P But well, what would any sane person would think of that, it's just a group of people mad at you, non-serious business. Oh, and I can guarantee none of us were using a proxy while talking via Skype, only real spinners! :rofl: And none of them from LPSA, if you were wondering :3 Make yourself (and make us) a favour and quit this joke. Stay around doing your own thing and forget about all this HPSC stuff, everyone, including me, will end up forgetting about this funny yet ridiculous episode and things will be better for all of us. I'm done with this poop now, I don't feel like having the staff over me just because of this issue. Enjoy your chance to be the one who had the last sentence in the argument - I bet you love that, don't you?

64. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 17:52:16

VikroaL wrote: Oh, postcounts, y u so funny. It's a shame I haven't posted 100 messages about a spinner and his mod, I'm really sorry. Maybe it's time to start fanboying Sponge and his mod just to reach 500 posts and spit at you! (sun) And I hate to ever bring experience elitism into an argument, but maybe you should consider taking a look at the spinners who reached the WC12 semifinals, there's far, far less chance of people being as ignorant as you are when it comes to every penspinning aspect, Mr. Extremely-Advanced-Modding-Techniques. By the way, I'm glad this argument is taking place on UPSB: bragging about spinning age is forbidden on HPSC!!!! :rofl: And iirc, I've mentioned the logs twice, but considering how unknown I am that's like 100% of the times you've ever seen me, so yeah, several times, whatever. Would you rather have only my Skype lines or everyone's? The latter choice is like 5x times longer, but I'm sure you feel like reading some good things about you, don't you? Also, if you choose the latter, make sure you give me some time so I can ask for permissions to give names, though I'm sure most of them wouldn't care anyway :P But well, what would any sane person would think of that, it's just a group of people mad at you, non-serious business. Oh, and I can guarantee none of us were using a proxy while talking via Skype, only real spinners! :rofl: And none of them from LPSA, if you were wondering :3 Make yourself (and make us) a favour and quit this joke. Stay around doing your own thing and forget about all this HPSC stuff, everyone, including me, will end up forgetting about this funny yet ridiculous episode and things will be better for all of us. I'm done with this poop now, I don't feel like having the staff over me just because of this issue. Enjoy your chance to be the one who had the last sentence in the argument - I bet you love that, don't you?
    Good way of mocking the fact that I used a postcount as a point against you, but this time it was entirely on topic. This is a big board and it makes sense. You don't have a point that entire first paragraph. When I say, go ahead and dig them up, I mean go ahead and dig them all up, I'd genuinely like to see just how many people you claim to apply here. And your last paragraph ends with a Nostradamus Technique, how cute. Notice how this entire block of text is blue and underlined so you can see just how pathetic what you've just attempted is, it's even been written up and documentated for a large amount of time until you used it.

65. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 18:50:41

eruocracy continue being admin in HPSC.... and you guys just stop the arguing, it's just a board... once it's open, not gonna kill you right??? less bother other people's stuff... you happy, I happy, everyone happy...

66. King
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 20:21:10

@VikroaL Can go ahead and use anything in the skype call. @Euro I openly believe that you are one of the most arrogant people UPSB has ever come to contact with. Numerous times ive seen you talk about how your mods are the greatest and how youre going to specifically beat i.suk in the 4th round of the WC. Im glad youre giving up. Spinners who have 4 times the experience in the PSing world have argued against you, would have been pitiful to watch it die over the next week.

67. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 20:58:59

King wrote: @VikroaL Can go ahead and use anything in the skype call. I openly believe that you are one of the most arrogant people UPSB has ever come to contact with. Numerous times ive seen you talk about how your mods are the greatest and how youre going to specifically beat i.suk in the 4th round of the WC. Im glad youre giving up. Spinners who have 4 times the experience in the PSing world have argued against you, would have been pitiful to watch it die over the next week.
    That would be hilarious if anything you said were true and I had actually gone about bragging my mods were the greatest and I was going to beat i.suk. Except I haven't come anywhere close to that and I'd like to see any examples you'd like to give.

68. ohzers
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 21:06:47

Gash wrote: No one talks about PussayLicker696969 T___T He must feel left out. @Youknowwhoyouare
    i think i know him

69. King
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 22:43:43

I dont have a specific quote, but i dont need one to prove how much of an arrogant kid you are.

70. Kyoflow
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:13:02

eurocracy wrote: I believe I'll have the correct design eventually. FYI, every single design in this thread is wrong. It's incredibly well designed, you will not be able to reverse engineer it.
    @eurocracy dude I don't have anything against you, but in that post, it's just the way you express your opinions that makes everyone so upset. The fact that you alone could say everyone else is wrong just makes you sound arrogant and condescending, even if it's not what you truly meant. Think twice about the way you word things if you don't guys on your case all day

71. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:17:52

This just keeps getting better and better lol

72. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:20:12

Actually that one I can admit, I wrote that too fast and it came out horribly. It looks insanely arrogant there. (It's also rather old and I've been trying to avoid doing that afterwards)

73. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:20:35

HPSC is a bit of a white elephant, ruined and dumped.

74. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:22:11

Why is this still a thing? ctfd people. If you're not DIRECTLY involved in this (which only maybe 2 or 3 people are), I don't understand why you give a shit.

75. Nashi
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:23:15

Eurocracy maybe you should just stop here. just don't let yourself provoke by their comments anymore, i think it is already bad enough for you [SIZE="1"](and you don't want to end like silversurfer, i'm pretty sure about that)[/SIZE]

76. Frip
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:38:01

eurocracy wrote: And your last paragraph ends with a Nostradamus Technique, how cute. Notice how this entire block of text is blue and underlined so you can see just how pathetic what you've just attempted is, it's even been written up and documentated for a large amount of time until you used it.
    I'm cleaning my keyboard right now :rofl: Why is this such a big deal. You have 3 options: 1) Take advantage of this publicity and continue your project 2) Shut it down and move on 3) Quit completely and return anonymously with a different account aka start over :ninja: On the other hand I do understand why people get mad about HPSC.. Nobody thought LPSA would do shit, everybody expected it to be a joke (as it was perhaps intended to be at first) and die down within a month. Now we participated in a WC and other private communities are emerging. Nobody wants a WC full of private communities ._. [4:46:36 PM] .-Frip: people are scared of more private communities because they didnt expect lpsa to have success [4:46:44 PM] .-Frip: now they're afraid more can follow lol

77. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:46:16

Frip wrote: Nobody thought LPSA would do shit, everybody expected it to be a joke (as it was perhaps intended to be at first) and die down within a month. Now we participated in a WC and other private communities are emerging.
    Vstrike and Might were like "Yeah, let's do this board thing, we can't communicate in GPC anymore, all our posts get deleted, the mods are morons and our opinions are supressed" I was like "Nah, even if we had the userbase, this wouldn't work, it will be fun for a week and then no one will post anymore because there is still GPC, which is much more active." However, I was wrong. We started with about 20 users (which is quite a lot if you think about it) and everyone just kept posting. GPC didn't even matter anymore, it just became a playground for some trolling projects. Also the topics moved from Penspinning to other stuff and people got to know each other even further. It also helped that there were so many offline meetings. Most of the LPSA members know each other in person, this "arrangement" of spinners would probably even work without a board. We don't even have moderation or rules lol (>implying I ever wanted power or recognition). It just seems to work when you only invite people from which you know that they will fit into this concept. I don't think this will ever work again.

78. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 4 2012 23:54:19

Nashi wrote: Eurocracy maybe you should just stop here. just don't let yourself provoke by their comments anymore, i think it is already bad enough for you [SIZE="1"](and you don't want to end like silversurfer, i'm pretty sure about that)[/SIZE]
    Who the hell is silversurfer? By the way guys I announced like last page or so that I was no longer taking part in the project and I have since transferred it, they're actually talking about me now.

79. Nashi
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 00:04:36

Silversurfer created GPSA, failed horribly, made one last attemt to troll and spammed the whole GPC and afterwards stopped pen spinning. (Was quite entertaining to watch him go down, because he was such a retard). Just don't post in this thread anymore, euro, srsly you're making it only worse, even if you're not involved in HPSC anymore. let it be. http://forum.penspinning.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26408&hilit=gpsa If you wanna know what happened (and google translate ftw).

80. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 00:09:07

Nashi wrote: Silversurfer created GPSA, failed horribly, made one last attemt to troll and spammed the whole GPC and afterwards stopped pen spinning. (Was quite entertaining to watch him go down, because he was such a retard). Just don't post in this thread anymore, euro, srsly you're making it only worse, even if you're not involved in HPSC anymore. let it be. http://forum.penspinning.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26408&hilit=gpsa If you wanna know what happened (and google translate ftw).
    Jesus christ that's pathetic, I would never do that. Even if the worst comes to the worst it doesn't matter that much in 6 months time usually, I'm not the kind to do something that stupid. I'll take your advice and let stuff cool for a while.

81. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 01:52:49

Euro is no longer taking part in this project. It has been transferred to me and a few select others. Hopefully we can reverse what has been said about the board. It will take a long time so don't expect results right away. I do ask you guys to keep an open mind about it. I understand a lot of you don't like it. I hope to change that. I am going to use it as a test forum to test a few ideas that I have. As far as entering WC14, I doubt it will happen. Please don't hold anything against the board itself. I would appreciate it if people didn't sign up just to spam the board. It is a work in progress and far from complete. I'm going to see what I can do about changing the application process since I don't believe you should have to submit an application to see "hidden" topics. If any more do join I would ask that you guys understand what it is (unfinished and all) and not bash on it. I do not expect this board to be big or go far. I want it to be a fun place to visit as much as UPSB has been for me. It is a start... Just please give me time. ~Karilynn~

82. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 02:00:30

With new administration and goals I think HPSC could grow into an interesting community, good luck Kari.

83. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 02:04:06

shoeman6 wrote: With new administration and goals I think HPSC could grow into an interesting community, good luck Kari.
    Thank you very much for your support Alex. It means a lot to me. ^_^

84. utkarsh
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 03:02:32

i hope that it gets better now :)

85. webspider
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 03:08:50

It can't get any worse, can it? Nevertheless I'm curious how it will develop now that administration has changed. Good luck, Kari (sun) edit: Now that you've said you'll use it as a test board for now: I'd close registrations for some while and clean the member list from all these spambots and do whatever else is needed, then reopen them.

86. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 16:20:44

webspider wrote: It can't get any worse, can it? Nevertheless I'm curious how it will develop now that administration has changed. Good luck, Kari (sun) edit: Now that you've said you'll use it as a test board for now: I'd close registrations for some while and clean the member list from all these spambots and do whatever else is needed, then reopen them.
    Thank you webspider. That was the plan. :)

87. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 18:05:25

I genuinely think it'll get better with Kari, I take things too seriously.

88. Alexeruchan
    Date: Wed, Jun 6 2012 14:57:04

...I joined HPSC and even though my opinion is completely from a noobs point of view, I see nothing wrong with it. For me, it's just a website where I can get help with my spinning from people with a bigger chance or getting help (less members) correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see much what's so bad about it...

89. Pendragon
    Date: Wed, Jun 6 2012 15:44:16

Please mods close this thread here has been arguing correctin etc enough

90. webspider
    Date: Wed, Jun 6 2012 16:27:14

Alexeruchan wrote: correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see much what's so bad about it...
    If you've read the first post, you would have seen that my main problem with HPSC at the time I wrote it was how the administrator used to run it, its goal and how much worse it is than UPSB in terms of functionality, look, design and all that. Now that the administration has changed, I can imagine it becoming a much better place. It still has a big way to go until people can start taking it as serious as any other established board. @Pendragon: I don't really see your problem. The opening post is quite objective and I've backed up almost everything I've written there. The thread itself has so many posts, because it seems like a lot of people were upset about eurocracy's behavior and the remaining posters just want the "discussion" to stop. It's not like there isn't any moderator who hasn't seen it yet (strat for example doesn't seem to be that happy about these discussions as well). The reason why it isn't closed yet is that it doesn't break any of the rules. And weren't you instructed in your forum just to let my thread be instead of bumping it endlessly?

91. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, Jun 6 2012 18:13:59

webspider wrote: tl;dr: You shouldn't join HPSC. That's all.
    nice references half of them are dead links

92. webspider
    Date: Sat, Jun 16 2012 12:08:10

@Sc00t: And now all of them are. HPSC has been shut down and will no longer be operating. Well, shit. I should have taken loads of screenshots. I'm pretty sure eurocracy, Kari, Pendragon, Erza, Fryuo or whoever else can explain this sudden change of mind.

93. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Jun 16 2012 13:39:55

I shut it down.

94. webspider
    Date: Sat, Jun 16 2012 14:01:10

Okay then, let's look what Pendragon has up his sleeves.

95. Sc00t
    Date: Sat, Jun 16 2012 21:46:19

cool

96. DArKT
    Date: Sat, Jun 16 2012 23:11:17

it seemed like the problem was AGAINST Euro, LOL seriously,i would be pleased to see the big rise of HPSC,the the big fall of it.(probably a month or less after the release) but taking the idea out, its an interesting idea to create smaller groups with a mutual help process,it could help spinners to grown and gain experience. BUT THATS WHY UPSB HAS GROUPS. they have the same principe. and as taichi said,its an idea that worked once,and only once. gosh,for almost a year that ive been to UPSB,ive seen inumeral "board creations". like the Jamaica board(lol) if youre not comfortable with the situation on you current board,explore. MYPSC,IPSB, or even BRPSB.theres no need to make such a big confusion. and i dont know why hatters keept posting on here, they knew it was just a matter of time until this HPSC thing fell like a big poop in a toilet.

97. Fryuo
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 02:41:11

webspider wrote: Okay then, let's look what Pendragon has up his sleeves.
    Were staring a new board. yeah i dont know whats happening Ask pendragon.

98. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 10:27:30

You are staring a new board? o__O like staring at it? Sounds like it'll be a good sucessor of HPSC. Be careful. We germans have a long and awful history, Pendragon is not an austrian but if you give him too much power he could take all the power and end as a dictator. ;)

99. webspider
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 11:26:18

Fryuo wrote: Ask pendragon.
    I did, but he seems to be reluctant about giving out further information. Well, I wouldn't either until it's at least somewhat presentable. Oh and, would you trust an admin who doesn't even know the difference between "then" and "than"?

100. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 16:20:10

Nashi wrote: We germans have a long and awful history
    you talking bout hitler -.___-.

101. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 16:27:18

>.> Good observation, young padawan. Yes i was talking about Hitler (isn't that the case anyway when someone talks about germany?). and omg, godwins law. Well tbh, it was a rather short history if you compare it to the rest of our history. Anyway, i'm curious about hpsc's new attempt to create a board.

102. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 17:00:13

Talking about hitler. EPSC Enkronidus Pen Spinning Community It is the first small communist community with me as the ultimate president. You have to praise me as a demigod and worship me every night before sleep, or I'll eat your liver. Join now for privileges. We offer you the great help for your own PS progress.

Spoiler:trollface: And sorry for off-topic. Damn shit. :c

103. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 19:24:35

All Heil Enk!!! o// Mylord

104. Sc00t
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 19:58:15

Enkronidus wrote: Talking about hitler. EPSC Enkronidus Pen Spinning Community It is the first small communist community with me as the ultimate president. You have to praise me as a demigod and worship me every night before sleep, or I'll eat your liver. Join now for privileges. We offer you the great help for your own PS progress.
    Spoiler:trollface: And sorry for off-topic. Damn shit. :c
    no need to apologize, i find the parody to be quite fitting to the context of this thread

105. Pendragon
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 20:19:11

so you ask me well i will give you a statement. And i will say it before: It´s not really important for me what you will Comment on me. We start a new Hpsc Website after the old one was delete by a decision of one. And there are many members that also ask for a new website before cause eurocracy has the server acess and we can´t really manage the board like we want. So the shut down only was a signal for the start of the new Website. And yeah euro we are improve the board and allready are at a better status then you have been before. so if you guys are really interested there will be set a link in this thread next time

106. sparking
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 21:28:39

you english is definitely not the yellow from the egg! and nah, not interested

107. Pendragon
    Date: Sun, Jun 17 2012 23:50:48

Yeah you would be one of the last, i would expect there. Grammarfreak

108. webspider
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 00:00:20

Protip: To be a successful admin, good English skills are a necessity. That being said, I can't await what will come next (sun)

109. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Jun 18 2012 10:20:05

This time I think we might just have another silversurfer...

110. Eternity
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 05:24:58

webspider;207243]Protip: To be a successful admin, good English skills are a necessity. That being said, I can't await what will come next (sun)[/QUOTE] Seconded o/ [QUOTE=eurocracy wrote: This time I think we might just have another silversurfer...
    Ah well. It would be interesting to watch how this board turns out, and however it turns out. @Pendragon Good luck, I suppose?

111. Pendragon
    Date: Thu, Jun 21 2012 09:47:28

Thans @Eternity we will see what will happen And even if it would fail we can say that we have try all What we are able to and thats enough.

112. webspider
    Date: Tue, Jun 26 2012 16:00:02

And one week passed without further announcements...

113. ::MYSYCRY::
    Date: Tue, Jun 26 2012 16:56:58

if thier goal is to enter WC14 then there's no problem with that .. they will be rape by upsb,fpsb,thpsc TROLOLOLOL

114. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jun 26 2012 17:36:54

Just so everybody is clear, I had asked Euro to shut down the board. The reason for my decision was based off other members comments. The moderators and administrators both needed to be re-evaluated. We did not have the proper communication we should have had. For example: people being banned and unbanned randomly. EssenceOfLife (Shoeman6) being one in particular. Also being that all the members of HPSC are from UPSB, the active members wanted things as they were on UPSB. They wanted things to work the same. HPSC is not UPSB. People should not expect it to be. So to all administrators and moderators of HPSC, you can't please everybody. Make the board your own. Don't try to copy UPSB. Another reason for this decision was knowing that another board would be made and that the administrators of that board could have the control they have always wanted. I do believe it was a bit immature to kick me out of the HPSC group here on UPSB but I'm sure you had your reasons. I do not care for your reasons so no need to respond. Although I do not like the choice of Administrators, I will say good luck to you guys and I hope your board is a competitive and a successful one. ~Karilynn~

115. Nashi
    Date: Tue, Jun 26 2012 17:41:17

Good Girl Kari. ;)

116. Eternity
    Date: Wed, Jun 27 2012 03:57:31

Well that's difficult now...I'd hoped Kari would be part of the HPSC team, at the very least, until HPSC took off... An update on its progress would be nice.

117. webspider
    Date: Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:26:59

And here we go: http://penspinninghpsc.bplaced.net/hpsc/ Guys, please set some permissions via .htaccess or whatever else. http://penspinninghpsc.bplaced.net/ points to both of your databases and a text file with your forum version. This is really embarrassing. Is this really the new domain you guys were so excited about? Better design and functionality than the previous forum? You must be shitting me ._. edit: Here's their previous playground: http://penspinninghpsc.pe.ohost.de/hpsc/

118. Pendragon
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 12:15:07

webspider why you post informations if you are not sure they are true? the second board has never been a "PLAYGROUND" its was the first testingboard. it has never get online to the users

119. webspider
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 12:43:13

I think it's safe to assume that a "testingboard" is some kind of playground for all people involved. Hair-splitting must be really fun for you guys (sun)

120. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 15:17:16

Okay, so you guys took a free host, a version of the theme I used but in a different colour and a new logo that has no transparency. That and the board looks rather derelict in it's layout, though that is understandable because the designer doesn't speak english very well... It still looks like this though: "Post your unique and amazing combo here. Recommend using Youtube since unregistered members can watch your video." Grammar Nazis will see what I mean. That and the rules are like this:

© Posting images
    That is a COPYRIGHT symbol. The hell?
    Kari wrote: Just so everybody is clear, I had asked Euro to shut down the board. The reason for my decision was based off other members comments. The moderators and administrators both needed to be re-evaluated. We did not have the proper communication we should have had. For example: people being banned and unbanned randomly. EssenceOfLife (Shoeman6) being one in particular. Also being that all the members of HPSC are from UPSB, the active members wanted things as they were on UPSB. They wanted things to work the same. HPSC is not UPSB. People should not expect it to be. So to all administrators and moderators of HPSC, you can't please everybody. Make the board your own. Don't try to copy UPSB. Another reason for this decision was knowing that another board would be made and that the administrators of that board could have the control they have always wanted. I do believe it was a bit immature to kick me out of the HPSC group here on UPSB but I'm sure you had your reasons. I do not care for your reasons so no need to respond. Although I do not like the choice of Administrators, I will say good luck to you guys and I hope your board is a competitive and a successful one. ~Karilynn~
    Oh, Kari, I shut the UPSB group down, you weren't kicked out, it was deleted. Also, @Erza IMO you should shut this down while you still have your dignity.

121. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 15:37:34

@eurocracy I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed I was kicked out. That was my mistake. I figured since you did mention before that Erza and Fryuo (correct?) were the founders of the group that they had kicked me out for having the board shut down.

122. Pendragon
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 16:16:43

yeah sure guys and girls make fun herre and waste your time. its really enjoying here. where is my popcorn. g-day euro. have fun with your opinion. But always keep in mind. that you don´t have to say to much about your own idea..... You make fun about things that are still in progress. but ok do it how long you want it´s not important for us.

123. Nashi
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 17:03:52

Pendragon, i beg you. Please write more often with native english persons (in skype, in shoutbox etc) and tell them to correct you (!), when you're using wrong grammar. if you improve your english grammar skills, that would help a lot with people taking you seriously as an admin. and let them tell you the basic rules like the difference between more <-> much, then <->than, to <-> too, think <->thing; he, she, it, das s muss mit, etc. and KEEP THEM IN MIND WHILE WRITING. .__. Also SVO! Please.

124. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 17:33:42

Pendragon wrote: yeah sure guys and girls make fun herre and waste your time. its really enjoying here. where is my popcorn. g-day euro. have fun with your opinion. But always keep in mind. that you don´t have to say to much about your own idea..... You make fun about things that are still in progress. but ok do it how long you want it´s not important for us.
    I have a serious question for you. If you say we are wasting our time here and that it's not important to you, why do you reply here as well? That's basically like telling somebody not to do something but then doing it yourself. Another question... How was that in any way making fun? People are only giving you suggestions. I will give you a suggestion though. If you are this easy to set off then maybe you shouldn't be an admin. Try to tone down a bit on how you react to other people. Also, definitely work on your English if you are going to have an English board. All members need to be able to understand you.

125. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 19:48:08

webspider gotta talk about this board every second he's online. haha it's already annoying to everyone to have to hear hpsc this and that and you're the one who talk about it the most. it's like TELLING people don't use Buster CYL and people constantly asking if they should buy them. what's the point? you wasting your time brah. and good luck telling poeple what to do!!! im out

126. Pendragon
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 21:24:10

good point Nashi, BUT I know that. @Kari: I answered, cause it was wrong what webspider has posted. i only correct him to give another view. to the second Question: with my post i especially meant eurocrazy, who don´t give advices or something, but wanna take me down etc. I hope you understand this...

127. Kari
    Date: Tue, Jul 3 2012 22:12:23

@eurocracy is trying to take you down. He has absolutely no reason to. Do you have any evidence to support that accusation?

128. Joiemoie
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 01:31:04

It seems like anyone touching this thread will have an argument coming up or be attacked based on their grammar or ideas...

129. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 01:51:41

I never get the idea of any arguments ever occurred in this thread. At all. D:

130. webspider
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 05:20:22

I blame the invisible force field from Mars that distorted our perception of this series of events.

131. agillitrhiz
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 11:09:48

seriously,you could have just taken the main points out(as in highlight it)

132. Jazz
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 16:43:38

HSBC is a bank.