UPSB v4

General Discussion / Heroes of Tomorrow: Recruiting New Members

1. JC
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 05:33:48

As some of you may know, I am part of the team Heroes of Tomorrow, or more commonly known as HoT. Since I created HoT, I've always kept it on an invite basis and then stopped recruitment at 11 members. I didn't want a huge team, but now I've changed my mind... not that I want a huge team now, but it's inevitable if I want HoT to continue to live. I've put a lot of time and work into making HoT, and I really don't want to see it die. In the past, great teams like Genesis and Encore have slowly died as their members began to drift out of pen spinning. And well, while I have no control over whether or not a person spins... I thought at least we could bring in new people who are still spinning to keep the team running and alive. Also, HoT will now be broken up into two groups (a roster will probably be put up in the HoT forum to differentiate).... "HoT: Original" members and "HoT: New Generation" members. So here's what we're gonna do... HoT will always be open to new applications for people who want to join from now on. I do have 2 requirements though... [B]1.[/B] You must be from North America [B]2.[/B] You will have HoT as your main team, and thus not be a part of any other competitive teams before you apply. (I understand that #2 will be a big turn off for many of you, and that's fine... you can always make your current team a great team if it isn't already, as many of them are, and just stick with them :] I can appreciate the loyalty that you show them. But for whatever reason, if you ever do want to join HoT... HoT is here open for applications. And the reason I ask that you must not be a part of any other teams before you apply to HoT is that I don't want you to apply, be rejected, and use your old team as a backup -- I find that to be rather rude to your teammates, and so I discourage that.) I've created an application form I suppose for you to fill out; so you have a general idea of what to say when you ask to join. So if you're interested in being a part of HoT... fill out the following application, PM it to me, and I will post it up in HoT forum to discuss your acceptance. --------------------------------------------------- Heroes of Tomorrow: Application Form Name: How long have you been spinning for? How long will you keep on spinning for? How long do you think you will remain active on UPSB for? Sample of your spinning: (preferably a new clip so we have a gauge of your current level, but a recent clip is okay too) Why do you want to join HoT? What do you think HoT's goal(s) is/are? (HINT: There are two I had in mind when creating this team...) What about you do you think makes it so that you should be in HoT? (it can be in terms of spinning, personality, etc..) And finally, in your mind, what do you think HoT stands for? Additional comments/questions? --------------------------------------------------- I wish you all the best of luck if you decide to apply :] There's a lot of talent on this board, and I can't wait to take more of you into HoT. Oh... and I'm also looking for someone with a strong sense of leadership. Yeah, that'd be a bonus for me.

2. Ricercar
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 05:56:17

deleted

3. RH
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 06:07:52

well i am disheartened... i've always wanted to be a member of HoT, but i will remain loyal to my own team. thanks for letting me know this JC (desperate personaility of RH: can't this be like xSpin where he is part of o13 and nh?)

4. JC
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 06:15:19

RH wrote: well i am disheartened... i've always wanted to be a member of HoT, but i will remain loyal to my own team. thanks for letting me know this JC (desperate personaility of RH: can't this be like xSpin where he is part of o13 and nh?)
    sorry... nope.. :\

5. SuiXidaL
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 06:16:18

Oh my gawd ! North America V.V Australian Pride

6. Kris5k5
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 09:05:10

i wanna join but im fron Philippines

7. RR24
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 10:15:39

ooooooooooooh i wanna join, but i suck alot :( will the jc alow suckiness?

8. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 10:33:57

i want to join but i'm not american. dunno if i'm still welcome to apply

9. Frip
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 10:36:23

Name: Frip How long have you been spinning for? over 9000 seconds How long will you keep on spinning for? 1337 hours How long do you think you will remain active on UPSB for? til it closes!1 Sample of your spinning: (preferably a new clip so we have a gauge of your current level, but a recent clip is okay too) [video=youtube;t8g9MIYnpto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8g9MIYnpto[/video] Why do you want to join HoT? so i can be famous What do you think HoT's goal(s) is/are? (HINT: There are two I had in mind when creating this team...) THE FAME What about you do you think makes it so that you should be in HoT? (it can be in terms of spinning, personality, etc..) I r gud And finally, in your mind, what do you think HoT stands for? Heroes of tomorrow Additional comments/questions? [B]Am I in?[/B]

10. miyat
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 18:29:12

sorry...

11. Sankaku
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 20:50:32

SPRiNGFiELD wrote: i want to join but i'm not american. dunno if i'm still welcome to apply
    nope, sorry, you have to be in north america

12. Frip
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 03:28:21

Guys, am I in?????

13. RdHg
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 14:14:14

[B]How long have you been spinning for?[/B] almost a year [B]How long will you keep on spinning for?[/B] until I get tired of (so idk) [B]How long do you think you will remain active on UPSB for?[/B] until it closes sample of spinning: [video=youtube;113YNrePo0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=113YNrePo0c[/video] [B]Why do you want to join HoT?[/B] so I can learn from great spinners and improve [B]What do you think HoT's goal(s) is/are? (HINT: There are two I had in mind when creating this team...)[/B] to make people think of N, America when they think of great spinning and to keep it going [B]What about you do you think makes it so that you should be in HoT? (it can be in terms of spinning, personality, etc..)[/B] well I'm not great at pen spinning ,but I'm always willing to learn and hard work. [B]And finally, in your mind, what do you think HoT stands for?[/B] I think it means someday HoT spinners will be up there with other great spinners. [B]Additional comments/questions?[/B] this feels like i'm being interviewed for a job. Also i'm chinese but live in america, thats why I have the china flag.

14. Colin
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 20:27:15

FUCK. thanks dudak.

15. VN
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 21:00:14

Heroes of Tomorrow Form Name: Cloud How long have you been spinning for? Around 2 years How long will you keep on spinning for? For as long as I can see, at least 3 years. How long do you think you will remain active on UPSB for? Again, for at least 3 years Sample of your spinning: (preferably a new clip so we have a gauge of your current level, but a recent clip is okay too) [video=youtube;giXNy9E__1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXNy9E__1g[/video] Why do you want to join HoT? I would like to join in order to be a part of a group who shares the same interest in improving their spinning while being in a serious but fun atmosphere. What do you think HoT's goal(s) is/are? (HINT: There are two I had in mind when creating this team...) To pen spin and improve as a whole. What about you do you think makes it so that you should be in HoT? (it can be in terms of spinning, personality, etc..) I'm willing to work hard and improve. And finally, in your mind, what do you think HoT stands for? Heroes of Tomorrow/ House of Terrific spinners Additional comments/questions? I love pen spinning

16. hoiboy
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 21:45:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPzHYOhty9Q
    I LOVE THE BGM!

17. Dudak
    Date: Thu, Aug 12 2010 03:06:26

JC wrote: fill out the following application, PM it to me, and I will post it up in HoT forum to discuss your acceptance.
    You guys need to learn how to read

18. walrus
    Date: Thu, Aug 19 2010 20:56:26

dude, ive PM my application like 2 months ago and im still waiting for acceptence/declining =\

19. Ricercar
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 21:43:03

same here

20. hoiboy
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 21:53:02

Jan wrote: dude, ive PM my application like 2 months ago and im still waiting for acceptence/declining =\
    dude, this thread hasn't even been up for two months

21. walrus
    Date: Sat, Sep 11 2010 16:30:53

now it has.... also, JC you should change the font of the signature, the one made of little circles.....

22. Dudak
    Date: Sat, Sep 11 2010 16:45:25

No, it still hasn't been up for two months. This thread was started on 8-4-10.

23. blahblahting
    Date: Sun, Sep 12 2010 16:55:54

JC wrote: [B]1.[/B] You must be from North America [B]2.[/B] You will have HoT as your main team, and thus not be a part of any other competitive teams before you apply.
    uhm is Organization 13 a competitive team? we havent competed ever and we're quite inactive right now xD

24. JC
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 20:06:25

Jan;21293]now it has.... also, JC you should change the font of the signature, the one made of little circles.....[/QUOTE] From how it seems to be going right now, there will be no notices of denying you into HoT. If you do not get a PM of being accepted, it is likely that the team has decided otherwise... but we won't have any official rejections as you will always be a possibility. Perhaps if you get better in time, we will re-review your old application and then reconsider. As for the signatures, Xero used to make the signatures with that circle/dotted font but then couldn't find the font again when he was trying to make more signatures for new members. Thus, we trashed the old signature altogether and chose a new font to use for future signatures so that the old/newer members would have matching signatures. So we can't go back to the old font even if we wanted to. [QUOTE=blahblahting wrote: uhm is Organization 13 a competitive team? we havent competed ever and we're quite inactive right now xD
    I've always personally considered Organization 13 a competitive team but... If you wish to join HoT, you will be saying that you represent HoT as the competitve team that you're a part of and that you don't really consider Org13 to be a competitive team (which seems to be what you're saying anyway). I'd prefer it if you left Org13 if you get accepted into HoT, but the main purpose of not being in another competitive team is so you and HoT can say that you represent HoT exclusively, and that you wouldn't spin for another team in case of a battle (even if HoT's not competing in a tournament, I'd prefer it if you didn't spin for Org13 if Org13 is competing in something).

25. walrus
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 23:00:38

@JC thanks for the info but i would like it if HoT would send me a PM even if im not accepted because if im not, i might as well join some other team....

26. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 23:01:15

@Jan, you aren't getting in. just stop. go join some other team.

27. walrus
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 23:52:00

umm that would be 'being unkind and putting down other community members' please stop.

28. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 23:52:39

@Jan you are probably not getting in. just constructive criticism ok now im done posting here. irrelevant posting

29. Tetsip
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 23:53:08

If his opinion doesnt mean anything.... Why care about and bother? @Jan SORRY JC. DELETE THESE POSTS PLEASE.

30. walrus
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 23:53:26

i can always try and hope i dont need u guys on my back telling me i have no chance... that makes me sad and u putting me down. not nice...

31. AwonW
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 00:29:20

Jan wrote: i can always try and hope i dont need u guys on my back telling me i have no chance... that makes me sad and u putting me down. not nice...
    I guess the final say is JC's, but it really doesn't look like it right now.

32. Frip
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 00:51:54

am I in yet? -_________-

33. +Guitrum+
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 01:22:00

everytime i try to join ur team you shoot me down, but if you want me, im still here

34. JC
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 05:26:34

Again, if there's anyone who hasn't gotten a PM of acceptance yet, it's a no as of right now. We'll continue to watch everyone's improvement (in terms of spinning and character), and if anyone pops up as exceptional at any time we'll see if you've submitted an application or not -- and if you have, even if you're a no right now, perhaps we'll accept you in the future. --So there will be no official rejections...and if you wish to join another team, go aheadd. If you become soo pro in the future and we failed to see your potential, it's our loss -.-'' Also, from the looks of it, New Generation will most likely not exist...and all new members will simply just become a part of the HoT as it is now. We haven't accepted enough people to do something like that anyway, so that idea will probably be trashed. And finally, congratulations to blahblahting for making it into the team :] Glad to have you as a part of us!

35. +Guitrum+
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 05:36:05

woo

36. walrus
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 12:29:31

party ...

37. SuiXidaL
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 22:47:00

haha Jan, they don't want you in their team. lol i kid.

38. Frip
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 00:20:11

So I am in?

39. SuiXidaL
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 00:23:45

Frip, if you don't ever get a pm then your NOT in. Jc just said it 3 posts up.

40. Jamal
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 00:26:39

@Krispy Kreme its obvious he was trolling

41. RH
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 00:35:35

WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT?!!! STEPHEN MADE IT... ok, my turn to try out :)

42. Wind
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 00:41:07

RH wrote: WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT?!!! STEPHEN MADE IT... ok, my turn to try out :)
    No. You're not trying out at all.

43. RH
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 01:43:03

bu-but lucas, stephen did D:

44. mhig
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 02:19:11

Is this still going on? I would like to attempt. Maybe. :$

45. JC
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 02:29:15

mhig, yeah, this will be forever open lol but i'm looking for active members to take place of teh older inactive members such as myself... and you kinda.. died :X

46. +Guitrum+
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 05:25:14

like i said, still active here...

47. AwonW
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 05:29:33

+Guitrum+ wrote: like i said, still active here...
    Did you miss the whole application form thing?

48. +Guitrum+
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 05:48:10

i thought to myself, why bother? jc will just have some reason why im not good enough, or not active enough or something.

49. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 06:57:59

well being a former hot member im quite dissapointed to what has come to hot. HOT was second best next to genisus as a competitive team. your just letting anyone into the team? why, no try outs? people were chosen to be in hot because of there talent and skills but now randoms can join? youv got to be kidding me. just let hot die like all the rest of the teams and let other teams move in to take there place.....

50. Mage In Black
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 18:32:55

Guit, we've known you've wanted to join HoT for a while now, but all the HoT members have to agree before a potential team member is admitted. There have been words of dissent from a few members of your acceptance into HoT. The things we look at and why you most likely were not accepted were: pen spinning ability, which you have--you're no noob, and pen spinning potential (how great will you become--one of upsb's best? As which is expected of every HoT member), which I personally have not seen in you, and personality (will you get along with the rest of the members?), and here a few of us dissented. You have not yet fulfilled all our requirements and your continued incessant berating only further reminds the rest of the HoT members why you weren't admitted. AoD, it may seem so, but once again, we are only recruiting the best. The only member we've accepted is blahblahting. Imo, he has the most potential of upsb's new generation as I've been watching his progress for quite a while (huh, that sounded quite-stalkerish). I assure you, HoT and its skill level is not heading down any metaphorical drain, we are simply in need of more members due to the slow disappearance of our team members. Plus, it's a new generation. Time for some fresh blood.

51. JC
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 19:36:20

AoD, it's as Charlie (not comfortable with calling you Mage in Black just yet lol) said. It's not like we're just letting anyone in; we're recruiting those with high skill or high potential. And it's the fact that teams die because members eventually die that I want to recruit more members to keep it alive. Back then, I was hopeful that all the members of HoT would stay active for awhile, but now I find it hard to even be active myself so now I realize that dying members is inevitable. Because of that, teams can either die or recruit new members to continue to team. Most teams just die because they don't continue to recruit new member, but I'm choosing to do the latter. Personally, I think a team can really only continue to live and do well if there's a strong leader. While I don't consider myself to be a very strong leader, I do try my best to keep it alive and this is the best solution that exists...but eventually, if HoT is to live, HoT is gonna need to find a good leader to keep it going. Soo mhm, I don't plan on letting HoT die just because some older members are leaving.

52. Mage In Black
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 20:08:35

You're the strongest leader I've seen yet, JC. No worries. :]

53. spinnerhui
    Date: Sun, Oct 3 2010 02:28:42

JC wrote: AoD, it's as Charlie (not comfortable with calling you Mage in Black just yet lol) said. It's not like we're just letting anyone in; we're recruiting those with high skill or high potential. And it's the fact that teams die because members eventually die that I want to recruit more members to keep it alive. Back then, I was hopeful that all the members of HoT would stay active for awhile, but now I find it hard to even be active myself so now I realize that dying members is inevitable. Because of that, teams can either die or recruit new members to continue to team. Most teams just die because they don't continue to recruit new member, but I'm choosing to do the latter. Personally, I think a team can really only continue to live and do well if there's a strong leader. While I don't consider myself to be a very strong leader, I do try my best to keep it alive and this is the best solution that exists...but eventually, if HoT is to live, HoT is gonna need to find a good leader to keep it going. Soo mhm, I don't plan on letting HoT die just because some older members are leaving.
    I guess I'm not making it in xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD