UPSB v4

Board Comments / Can we change the default colors of a user's page?

1. StachuK1992
    Date: Tue, May 29 2012 00:01:02

The default coloring of user-pages is right now is disgusting. White text on a light-gray background. Can we please change this? I think I've formatted my coloring to be fairly optimized for reading, and still be a tiny bit pretty with the light gray background. Here are the steps that are needed to change one's own profile - I hope this is generalized in the future (change default to some reasonable setup).

Spoiler
    Edit: changed "page background" to #dddddd and "content background" to #eeeeee.

2. Kari
    Date: Tue, May 29 2012 00:29:34

StachuK1992 wrote: The default coloring of user-pages is right now is disgusting. White text on a light-gray background. Can we please change this? I think I've formatted my coloring to be fairly optimized for reading, and still be a tiny bit pretty with the light gray background. Here are the steps that are needed to change one's own profile - I hope this is generalized in the future (change default to some reasonable setup).
    Spoilerhttp://i.imgur.com/6NpKB.png
    Edit: changed "page background" to #dddddd and "content background" to #eeeeee.
    You can change the defaults on your profile but that's it. There are a few different page setups if you look in the very bottom left corner.

3. StachuK1992
    Date: Tue, May 29 2012 00:34:57

No, I'm suggesting making the default for a NEW member to be something that's actually readable. As is, when a person makes an account, their page looks terrible. I'm suggesting changing the default colors. If you browse a few profiles, you'll see the white text on gray background dilemma I'm addressing.

4. webspider
    Date: Tue, May 29 2012 01:20:03

Last time I adressed that issue, I was told this seems to be a major problem with the forum software used.

5. StachuK1992
    Date: Tue, May 29 2012 01:31:01

Argh, vbulletin is more than able to handle changing the default color setup. If you need some help setting it up, I'd be glad to poke about and try to figure it out.

6. Zombo
    Date: Tue, May 29 2012 02:06:17

its a big issue due to the multiple skins we have vbulletin sometimes confuse all the skins parameters and creates something that's a mix of everything :(

7. StachuK1992
    Date: Tue, May 29 2012 03:03:33

I'm assuming it's much too early for these kinds of permissions, so I'll ask later, but I'd love to poke around at your vbulletin and skin stuff to fix this. I have lots of time these upcoming weeks, so time wouldn't be an issue.