UPSB v4

General Discussion / Advancement

1. Xylem
    Date: Sun, May 27 2012 18:49:01

I've been spinning a little over a month now and I was wondering what's a good sign of reaching intermediate level? What do you consider to be intermediate? Do the number of tricks you know matter?

2. Fuse
    Date: Sun, May 27 2012 19:24:17

I would consider it moving past mastering fundamentals and reverses and learning harder tricks, like busts, palmspin, etc. People have differing opinions on this.

3. Reason
    Date: Sun, May 27 2012 19:59:33

yeah it all depends on how you learn. personally, i learned TA in 10 minutes and didnt actually learn much else for a few months. mostly failed TA revs. but i say at least learn fundamentals and some hybrids possibly... i.e. twisted sonic, bak... i know im basically reapeating what fuse said but hes right. anyway the important thing is that you learn the fundamentals. you dont really have to master them though. i mean the TA is pretty easy to master but finger pass may be more difficult to some people. anyway im pretty sure that there is another thread that would cover this sort of thing... but try asking this sort of thing in the shoutbox. if no one really pays attention try again in a few hours. sometimes those guys can be real jerks XD

4. funnky
    Date: Sun, May 27 2012 20:06:05

means u use a buster

5. Awesome
    Date: Sun, May 27 2012 20:06:34

I would define intermediate as someone who is starting to film combos and participate in battles, if someone starts this they will quickly become intermediate level. You need to know the fundamentals and start looking at basic trick families (arounds, top spins, sonics etc.) and incorporate those tricks linked with fundamentals. index around is good to learn for the around family, shadow for top spin, sonic clip for sonic family, extended infinity for wiper family etc. etc. Start watching spinners and see what kinds of tricks stand out to you and learn those, this will form the foundation of your style. I would consider a spinner advanced level when their style is apparent and begins to differentiate the spinner's spinning from any other spinner.

6. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, May 27 2012 20:16:26

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=7129 this should help

7. Xylem
    Date: Mon, May 28 2012 02:29:34

Thanks guys! :D

8. Joiemoie
    Date: Thu, May 31 2012 14:03:53

You know you're intermediate when noobs call you pro.