UPSB v4

Off-topic / Any Good Headphones?

1. Tehetti
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 06:59:55

I recently picked up some Soul Headphones by Ludacris (brand). The bass isn't up to par with what I listen to. Any suggestions of good Headphones (not earbuds)? I really like the look of those Steelseries Siberia V2's, although I'm not sure where to find them with a 2 year warranty. Thanks in advance! PJ

2. webspider
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 08:20:44

You might rather want to ask the folks on head-fi. Beware of the hype though, they tend to overvalue new headphones. The general consensus on "celebrity headphones" like the two you mentioned is that they are overpriced for their quality. You might enjoy the Sony XB-700, they should be 100$, are comfortable, have loads of bass, but still get the rest right without it sounding as muddled like cheaper headphones.

3. ZappyJ^
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 08:42:26

BEATS please XDDDDD

4. webspider
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 08:58:05

Protip: It isn't good to buy your headphones based on the looks or shady advertisements by rappers who can't even properly produce their music.

5. taichi1082
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 10:25:22

Steelseries Siberia v2 is way too bass heavy. Useless as a gaming-headset and even more as a headphone for music (unless you like it when your music is muffled down to low frequencies).

6. chris
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 11:22:08

Sennheisers.

7. Tehetti
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 14:38:24

No hating, but my type of music is usually bass-heavy music such as liquid Dub and DnB. I've picked up skullcandy, although they have crappy quality headphones but produce a ton of bass. Thanks, though. I'll look through those headphones reccomended :)

8. Fryuo
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 16:10:03

im rockin studio beats, i really like them!!! pricy, but they are worth it. there are better headphones tho. if you want some good headphones please contact @iMatt for advice. also dont get skullcandy. skullcandy is to listen to music while you are snowboarding/skateboarding/longboarding/ or any other sport. skullcandy is most used during sports cuz there are good for the small price, plus if you break them, you dont have to spend a lot of money. plus u dont see many people wearing beats playing sports :P

9. webspider
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 19:22:43

Protip: If you see somebody who does sports and wears headphones from lifestyle-brands that don't even sit properly on his head, it's just promo. There is no reason to buy that shit if it breaks three months later. Yes. Happened to me as well. If you believe Skullcandys have loads of bass, you obviously haven't tried many headphones. Also, there is a lot more than bass when it comes to music. People who really need their music while doing sports (yes, there are more than enough reasons not to do) either use speakers or in-ears with foam tips or custom in-ears. See musicians performing live (no, these are not ear-plugs).

10. Tehetti
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 19:52:08

webspider wrote: Protip: If you see somebody who does sports and wears headphones from lifestyle-brands that don't even sit properly on his head, it's just promo. There is no reason to buy that shit if it breaks three months later. Yes. Happened to me as well. If you believe Skullcandys have loads of bass, you obviously haven't tried many headphones. Also, there is a lot more than bass when it comes to music. People who really need their music while doing sports (yes, there are more than enough reasons not to do) either use speakers or in-ears with foam tips or custom in-ears. See musicians performing live (no, these are not ear-plugs).
    What headphones with more bass would you recommend? Also, it'd be nice if the jack to the headphones were removable/replacable.

11. webspider
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 20:03:45

See post #2. Removable cables are BTW much more common than jacks, but you usually only see them on headphones for studio use. I'd rather get something well built and treat the cable properly (roll it up loosely instead of just stuffing it in your pockets). If it should break some day, you can send them in for recabling.

12. Tehetti
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 02:10:09

Thanks! Just bought my pair of headphones, although I won't release the brand and product name -.^

13. Furloy
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 01:53:32

I have Sennheiser HD 280 Pros that I love. They are flat response but the frequency range goes down to 8hz. They have a great soundstage and with acoustic music you can feel the musicians around you. I listen to lots of electronic music. Dubstep, DnB, dub, house, techno, everything. With Deadmau5 all the effects and hits pop out, other electronic music sounds great too. I would highly recommend these, if you get them and want more bass then there is a "blue tack" mod you can do that enables you to adjust the bass to your liking, google it.

14. jaychou
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 02:42:37

where has good hifi gone <_< all you kids care about now is bass frequency instead of the whole dynamic range makes me sadfeis

15. Fryuo
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 03:53:58

EDIT: skullcandies have fake bass, dont get them <_<

16. Zombo
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 04:00:49

why would you want more bass... get less bass so you can actually hear something

17. strat1227
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 04:37:39

Zombo wrote: why would you want more bass... get less bass so you can actually hear something
    man, god forbid someone have an uncommon opinion about what they like to listen to these threads always just turn into absurdity. Buy a few, test them out, see which one you like best, and return the rest. And for gods sakes, whatever you do, don't fucking go to these ridiculous websites where everyone obsesses over stuff 99% of the population would never ever notice if you like a pair that's all that matters

18. Vassenato
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 04:54:34

RP-HTF600-S great sound for the price. but yeah. do some google shit to find what you want. and for the love of humanity and sound don't buy fucking beats.

19. strat1227
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 05:15:36

btw consider searching in the future. this is like the 50th thread about exactly this http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=3090&highlight=headphones http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=5153&highlight=headphones http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=6041&highlight=headphones etc

20. jaychou
    Date: Wed, May 23 2012 20:11:17

Zombo wrote: why would you want more bass... get less bass so you can actually hear something
    i wish i could like this post