UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / [HELP] Palmspin->fl ta cont.

1. bass
    Date: Sat, May 19 2012 13:26:31

Every time I go into the next I try to go to the next fl ta the pen hits my arm and stops. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!??

2. Soren
    Date: Sat, May 19 2012 14:57:10

Post video if possible, to further our understanding of your problems. In the meantime, keep practising. :D

3. bass
    Date: Sat, May 19 2012 15:46:21

Thanks! (I don't have a webcam/camera....DX) I keep on practicing

4. TristanxTan
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 01:47:22

do the palmspin.and make ur palm slanted like this \ then when it reaches the thumb muscles, put ur thumb in front of the pen. keep practising

5. bass
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 17:09:33

@TristanxTan When you say slanted, do you mean with my pinky higher than my thumb, or my thumb higher than the rest of my hand?

6. DArKT
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 01:01:17

you gotta raise your hnd a little higher,or the problem could be that your mod is to big .-.

7. TristanxTan
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 06:44:26

um not exactly like um all your four fingers are slightly higher than your thumb.

8. Gash
    Date: Mon, May 21 2012 09:29:32

The main thing I found from Palmspin FLTA cont was timing. Really, just watch Vicgotgame's tutorial once or twice, understanding the concept is really simple. It's just the timing which takes hours of grinding.

9. TristanxTan
    Date: Tue, May 22 2012 02:30:52

[video=youtube;jRUSRdHgv4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUSRdHgv4c[/video]

10. Kari
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 19:48:12

I have watched a couple tutorials and I still can't get the timing right. Am I doing something wrong?

11. Zeta
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 20:18:01

@Kari: The timing is important but as Vic says, I think the hand position is more important, pen have to spin on the base on your fingers, it will be easier to make the fl.ta part.

12. Kari
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 22:45:30

Zeta wrote: @Kari: The timing is important but as Vic says, I think the hand position is more important, pen have to spin on the base on your fingers, it will be easier to make the fl.ta part.
    I can get it to spin on my palm. My problem is the timing for the fl ta.

13. bass
    Date: Thu, May 24 2012 22:53:00

YAY! Thanks to all of you! I can now do a palmspin to fl ta x2!

14. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 06:59:38

Kari wrote: I can get it to spin on my palm. My problem is the timing for the fl ta.
    This trick needs hours of grinding to get the timing right. This is normal.

15. Kari
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 16:03:07

eurocracy wrote: This trick needs hours of grinding to get the timing right. This is normal.
    Well at least I will have plenty of time at work to practice. A whole eight hours. Probably going to get plenty of exercise trying to learn it too since I spin on a counter. My other concern is the control of the palm spin. I'm not the best at controlling spins. Any advice?

16. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 17:06:47

Kari wrote: Well at least I will have plenty of time at work to practice. A whole eight hours. Probably going to get plenty of exercise trying to learn it too since I spin on a counter. My other concern is the control of the palm spin. I'm not the best at controlling spins. Any advice?
    There is not "technique" to palmspins other than the basics, you just have to do them a lot.

17. Kari
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 17:14:57

eurocracy wrote: There is not "technique" to palmspins other than the basics, you just have to do them a lot.
    Damn. Well thank you. Like I said, I should have plenty of time to practice today at work. I'll make you proud. XD

18. i.suk
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 23:07:12

Kari wrote: Well at least I will have plenty of time at work to practice. A whole eight hours. Probably going to get plenty of exercise trying to learn it too since I spin on a counter. My other concern is the control of the palm spin. I'm not the best at controlling spins. Any advice?
    try to use same force for the starting thumbaround, and getting pen to spin on same region/area of hand, it also helps to use a mod which is slightly longer/has more momentum than what you usually use

19. Kari
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 23:09:30

i.suk wrote: try to use same force for the starting thumbaround, and getting pen to spin on same region/area of hand, it also helps to use a mod which is slightly longer/has more momentum than what you usually use
    So if I use a KT... A buster?

20. i.suk
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 23:11:49

Kari wrote: So if I use a KT... A buster?
    yeah, buster also helps because there is more spinning space on the body than KT (just tips which apply to me, might not apply for you, but try it anyway :P)

21. Kari
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 23:15:25

i.suk wrote: yeah, buster also helps because there is more spinning space on the body than KT (just tips which apply to me, might not apply for you, but try it anyway :P)
    I don't own a buster though.

22. Obstracized
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 09:29:00

Need help with PalmSpin > FL TA x2. I can do PalmSpin > FL TA x1 already, but I am having trouble with x2. Advice?

23. Gash
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 10:26:09

@Obstracized Try practicing Palmspin~FLTA~Palmspin (as many revolutions as possible) before trying to perform your second FLTA. This is to make sure you can actually do Palmspin FLTA cont properly in the future. Keep your hand flat during the palmspins to allow the pen to spin. When you think you're ready, add in the second FLTA. Timing is the most important.

24. Obstracized
    Date: Thu, Jun 7 2012 12:30:42

Gash wrote: @Obstracized Try practicing Palmspin~FLTA~Palmspin (as many revolutions as possible) before trying to perform your second FLTA. This is to make sure you can actually do Palmspin FLTA cont properly in the future. Keep your hand flat during the palmspins to allow the pen to spin. When you think you're ready, add in the second FLTA. Timing is the most important.
    Okay, thanks. I will comment again if I had more Questions.

25. HenryS
    Date: Fri, Sep 7 2012 08:40:07

Any mod suggestions for Palmspin-FLTA?? Length and weight

26. Gash
    Date: Fri, Sep 7 2012 09:12:06

Use a Buster or Ivan mod lol..

27. Obstracized
    Date: Fri, Sep 7 2012 15:54:11

I seemed to be quite unable to do PalmSpin to FL TA x5 and more, although last time I could do x5 about 40% of the time. Now, barely can do x3. Maybe it's because I practiced Pinky Spreads more than that, I guess. :/

28. Sekai
    Date: Fri, Sep 14 2012 19:58:34

Final tip to keep the skill (?) 1) Get a high palmspin fl ta record (50/70+) 2) never practice it again 3) Use it often in your combos/freestyle :DD

29. Xenny
    Date: Sat, Sep 15 2012 05:29:30

When you say slanted, do you mean with my pinky higher than my thumb, or my thumb higher than the rest of my hand?

30. Obstracized
    Date: Sat, Sep 15 2012 07:25:07

Xenny wrote: When you say slanted, do you mean with my pinky higher than my thumb, or my thumb higher than the rest of my hand?
    Thumb should be lower than the rest of your Fingers, I guess.