UPSB v4

Battlezone / Kyotachi vs Newbie

1. kyotachi
    Date: Thu, May 17 2012 03:46:38

Newbie: [video=youtube;z53dQRda5Bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z53dQRda5Bg[/video] Kyotachi [video=youtube;10KsTs_gPcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10KsTs_gPcc[/video] Theme: Artistic @Greenman11 : cmt your vote in this topic !!

2. ZappyJ^
    Date: Thu, May 17 2012 04:46:35

kyotachi wins this :D so smooth

3. Buum
    Date: Thu, May 17 2012 06:58:24

Vote Kyotachi... Pretty smooth Newbie style?? lol pretty nice,... but delay :(

4. TristanxTan
    Date: Thu, May 17 2012 11:11:35

whoa kyotachi wins for sure

5. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, May 17 2012 18:41:26

Attention to the [B]Theme, people.[/B] Nice use of swucks and pseudoswivel newbie for creativity. Execution was not as good as Kyotachi, however. Seasicks and other techniques made your combo far more creative than Kyotachi's. Kyotachi, your creativity used was somewhat more generally known but better looking. Execution was incredibly good but I can spot some hiccups. At 0:12 you stumble with the aerial when you catch the pen and don't start spinning again as fluidly as you normally do and at 0:03 your throw goes quite a lot to your left and nearly off camera, making it hard to work out what trick it was. On a technical level, Kyotachi wins. On an artistic level, Newbie wins for his many uses of creative elements. If it was unthemed, Kyotachi would win. This battle is artistic themed, and although Kyotachi's execution was greater, his combo and style would be better suited to a technical category. Newbie gets my vote. (However, on a UPSB public vote, expect to win kyotachi, because they value the overall look and execution of the combo far better, which is why I use a new camera now!)

6. Dris
    Date: Thu, May 17 2012 19:15:12

Personally, I would have to vote for Kyotachi because his links were more appealing to me in that sense. Better execution and style. Also, nice camera quality. But there were some pauses, work to fix that! ;) As for Newbie, actually, that looks more difficult than Kyotachi's combo imo. I think that I would have voted for you, but the lags you have seemed to push me away from you. But your links are amazing and very creative. =] Overall, I applaud both Newbie and Kyotachi; they were both good combos. ^^

7. i.suk
    Date: Fri, May 18 2012 06:21:27

+1 kyotachi

8. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, May 18 2012 12:40:29

Newbie has some moments where the pen doesn't move at all, which goes against the flow of the combo. There are some parts where the not-moving of the pen looks nice and goes with the flow, but there's also the moments it doesn't. The ending is a bit weird as well, but overall the combo has high difficulty. The style somewhat reminded me of Fire@Fox and I think if he keeps going that direction and keeps spinning he can become an awesome spinner. Kyotachi's combo has a better flow, but ~0:14 after the aerial there's a small stop, though the rest is good. Imo the aerials are artistically appealing and the style and execution make the combo nice to watch. I really like the hand motion at 0:09 it's really nice. Voted for Kyotachi

9. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, May 18 2012 19:52:21

eurocracy wrote: (However, on a UPSB public vote, expect to win kyotachi, because they value the overall look and execution of the combo far better, which is why I use a new camera now!)
    the better combo is still the better combo. You can't say someone splattering random colors on a canvas looks better than someone else' art just because that someone else used black and white. +1 kyo

10. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, May 18 2012 19:57:53

Sc00t wrote: the better combo is still the better combo. You can't say someone splattering random colors on a canvas looks better than someone else' art just because that someone else used black and white. +1 kyo
    Well, I did point out people would pay more attention to execution. And execution just takes practice, while I liked the creative elements more because they require some thinking. All in all, it's up to you who you vote for.