UPSB v4

General Discussion / Rythmic aspect of PS

1. Awesome
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 00:21:34

The aspect of rhythmic control in pen spinning is an aspect that has been overlooked for far to long in the community. I have heard the idea mentioned of making your pen "dance" but have not seen the idea developed. A rhythm based style would be unique, but some new skills must be acquired before developing the style. A spinner would need to be able to keep track of a rhythm first and then be able to know what beats to move on and know how to accent certain beats. The simplest example would be to do a TA harmonic, the TA normal is performed on the beat the TA rev can be preformed in between the beat. A more difficult example would be take bakfall but perform it in a rhythmic fashion. [CODE] index bak 12-12>pass 12-23>pass23-34>pass34-23>mid bak 23-23 etc. 1 "e" "and" "a" 2 [/CODE] Rhythms could become a new aspect to work with. Has anyone else worked on this concept and brought stuff up to speed using a metronome? Discuss.

2. Boxxy
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 01:05:57

Yup this is cause of my collab ain't it

3. Awesome
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 01:07:43

Retacu wrote: Yup this is cause of my collab ain't it
    haha I saw it right after I posted this thread. This could be a good place to get the spinners to practice combos in time.

4. Boxxy
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 01:09:10

@Awesome Yeah

5. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 01:12:22

i dont understand this technobabbel what does this have to do with how my pen rotates <- pig disgusting ignorant american

6. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 01:44:42

@Awesome I did, ever since I got into World Drumming class. Every time a rhythm/beat is presented in class, I try several different continuous tricks and try to go on beat. Then I try continuous linkages and maybe a certain freestyle to go with a rhythm. And actually, these links/freestyles help me remember what rhythms to play too. :lol:

7. Reason
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 01:47:41

umm... A13X doing an entire combo synchronized to harder better faster stronger... i would put the link up bet there is no point because the audio had copyright issues the point is that this concept has been used before but it is really difficult if you want it to look nice. btw that A13X video was so damn inspiring. i though it was pretty revolutionary even if he wasnt the first to come up with it.

8. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, May 11 2012 02:58:55

before we want to progress any further we should just try to hit the clap in the beat and understand the beat we are playing 1st [video=youtube;kWteC96B2AQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWteC96B2AQ[/video] that's a sample breakbeat (im a bboy,so imma talk about break beat 1st xP ) listen closely,pay attention to the claps,they are usually constant throughout the song,thus the easiest to attack for beatriding also,the beat change every 4 counts( or divisible by 4 ) so spinners should be ready to adapt changes when the beat change if any spinner want to ride any other beat then first he/she should understand the beat :) thank you for reading :D hope it helps :D Edit: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=10690 mwahaha shameless promotion my 1st beatriding try though,not that good but,meh