UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / North Carolina's New Amendment (Amendment 1)

1. Fuse
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 01:34:49

What are your views on it?

2. Furloy
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 02:03:17

Have you heard of Andy Borowitz? He writes fake news articles and things mocking politics, mainly making fun of conservatives. He wrote about the amendment. Keep in mind that all of his work is for pure humor, and not true information. http://www.borowitzreport.com/ And by the way, I am pro gay marriage all the way. It is horrible that politicians think they can make it illegal for someone to follow through with their beliefs. They are discriminating against a minority. What is next? Is it going to be illegal to be Jewish? These people who support banning this need to stop making other people suffer by blending politics with religion. Not everyone is die-hard Christian and believe the things they do. They cannot make everyone be forced to follow one religion's beliefs. If their problem is that a (wo)man and a (wo)man being married is not the definition of the word "marriage" then why can't they just call it "legal partnership" or something along those lines. Same thing as marriage legal wise, but different name. The real reason they are against homosexuals is because they are afraid. They think it is gross, they don't know how else to respond. They only claim that two men together is not the definition of marriage because it is a better excuse. You can't make a law against something because you think it is gross, or it disturbs you. I personally find two men in love strange, but I feel that if that is what they like, they should be able to. If a man is sexually attracted to another man, and that is what he wants, what gives people the right to make that illegal? It is infringing on the pursuit of happiness. These conservatives are assholes. The ironic thing is is that people like Rick Santorum think about gay sex more than get people do. Those are my thoughts, feel free to approach me on anything, or ask questions. I love politics.