UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey guys, new pen spinner here!

1. IronTomato
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 00:35:56

Hi guys! My names IronTomato or just Iron for short. I've been wanting to pen spin for awhile cause my friend showed me a video about a year ago, I was really amazed by it, but I felt like I couldn't do it and I didn't know where to start. Well after a day of recently researching it, I found this site and really found out how big of a community pen spinning has, I was amazed and started researching everything and now I feel like I've got a good grip on the pen spinning world. I started pen spinning 4 days again and I can already do TA, Sonic (without thumb flap), Fingerpass, Fingerpass reverse (semifluent) and I'm learning the other reverses so hopefully I can get to do some fundamental combos soon since I'm learning everything so fast. Anyway just thought I would make my first steps into the pen spinning world official by signing up and introducing myself. Can't wait to meet you all :) P.S. I was using a pencil, but I made myself a BICtory mod to make the trick learning easier, once I'm passed the fundamentals and into more advanced tricks I'll think I'll buy a pen from one of the penspinning stores, tell me what mods you think would be good once I outgrow my BICtory mod.

2. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 00:53:04

:welcome:

3. ohzers
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 02:48:00

buster

4. Gash
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 05:00:27

Welcome to UPSB. Hope to see you around more often, we could do with more serious spinners :P

5. utkarsh
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 05:57:19

hello and welcome to UPSB. hope you will have fun, and make new friends. ask anyone for any problem ^_^ :welcome2:

6. flaming oracle
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 07:00:36

welcome to upsb! lol nice name too

7. Kyoflow
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 08:58:05

:welcome: once you think you've outgrown the bictory, look through the pen mod section of the forum. there are plenty of guides and tutorials there :D

8. Eternity
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 13:22:12

Hello! I'm Eternity, and welcome to UPSB. ^^ A popular choice for mods (after BICtory) would be an RSVP MX (easy to mod) or a Metallic Comssa (equally easy to mod, perhaps even easier). You can browse through the UPSB wiki or the Pen Modifications section of the forum, there's plenty of information there. :D Welcome to the board again, and all the best!

9. IronTomato
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 19:19:45

Thanks guys for all the nice responses, glad to see senior pen spinners are so welcoming of a newbie. :) Thanks for all the advice on the mods also, and the buster cyl looks almost sexy to me, but I still got a ways to go. I still gotta get down charge reverse. People say I need sonic reverse to learn charge reverse and vice versa so I'm confused... Guess just practice on both @_@ Eitherway, thanks again for the greetings and hopefully I'll be able to go into a bar, spin my pen and pick up some chicks with my awesome skills! :P

10. Karrot
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 21:57:58

First of all, welcome :D And...

IronTomato wrote: Thanks guys for all the nice responses, glad to see senior pen spinners are so welcoming of a newbie. :) Thanks for all the advice on the mods also, and the buster cyl looks almost sexy to me, but I still got a ways to go. I still gotta get down charge reverse. [B]People say I need sonic reverse to learn charge reverse and vice versa[/B] so I'm confused... Guess just practice on both @_@ Eitherway, thanks again for the greetings and hopefully I'll be able to go into a bar, spin my pen and pick up some chicks with my awesome skills! :P
    You don't need to know sonic rev to learn charge rev, or the other way around. It's just easier to know one of them to do the other one.

11. IronTomato
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 22:46:56

What would be easier, if you don't mind me asking? *Edit Never mind just did charge rev and now I've almost got sonic rev, now time to practice and perfect. *Edit again Just did sonic reverse, ah didn't realize with a little determination you can learn these tricks fast.

12. Fuse
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 23:37:49

Welcome! +1,000,000 for not double and triple posting, editing post is the way to go!