UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Police brutality on innocent

1. Van
    Date: Sun, May 6 2012 18:08:18

[video=youtube;htPFPu3-IHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=htPFPu3-IHc[/video] some innocent guys get beaten by cops and gets arrested dafuq

2. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, May 6 2012 19:20:23

This is what happens when kids watch CSI and grow up to be the fine policemen we have today.

3. Reason
    Date: Sun, May 6 2012 19:37:20

cop 1: you ever hit a guy on the job cop 2: no, but i want to cop 1: well if we happen to arrest a guy today you beat the crap out of him cop 2: isnt that,well... bad? cop 1: dude you're a cop... cop 2: -_- ... ok :D

4. strat1227
    Date: Mon, May 7 2012 02:44:49

lol wtf there's absolutely no reason to believe this is brutality or abuse of power ... it starts in the middle of the arrest so there's no way we can know what he's being arrested for all we have is his friend yelling "he didn't do anything!" which of course his friend is going to yell ... and the cop only hit him with the nightstick while they were trying to get the handcuffs on because he was clearly struggling ... even in the end when they were trying to get him away from all the chaos he was struggling and they had to drag him away backwards he was very clearly "resisting arrest" by its very definition

5. Loanshark
    Date: Mon, May 7 2012 02:53:04

contextcontextcontext

6. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, May 7 2012 14:03:11

Strat has a valid argument. Laying even a finger on a cop in the wrong way counts as assault on an officer.

7. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, May 7 2012 20:02:49

Well imo going to the guy 4 on 1 is actually not the right way to do things. One of them sould have gone there and calmly explained while the others kept a safe distance. Then the guy would have less likely freaked out. I would also freak out if 4 policemen just stand in front of me.

8. saharc
    Date: Tue, May 8 2012 08:18:18

It is quite hard to imagine how the people who are supposed to impose the law are even at times that one who break and disregard them, big time. While there needs to be proof for something to be actually pushed for, it is something that will ultimately be based on how the details will flow out. That would be a critical yet very significant line of choice if you ask me. But that is just the way it goes and if things like this really happen, then so be it.