UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Personality disorders

1. Dimension
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 15:49:56

Does anyone here have a personality disorder? Just curious

2. Soren
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 16:14:39

Something like multiple personality disorder? There was a study by Thigpen & Cleckley on Eve White (real name Christine Sizemore) concerning multiple personality disorder.

3. Reason
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 17:21:55

i watched a movie on that last night... awesome movie. there was also sybil if thats what you're getting at...

4. ChainBreak
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 20:16:23

If you mean like unusual behaviour, well I avoid close body contact with people. I can talk to them and stuff, but I almost never hug someone or get closer than I need to.

5. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 21:26:06

Some of those personality disorders can be fixed when you grow up. Or when you determine that you must 'get over your usual habits' and have a will that you must change your behaviour. In your case, simply talk to people more. I have an OCD. It is somewhat very annoying, really. Let me give you a visual. 1. At night before I go to bed. I have to lock the door and pull the door in and out for a specific amount of times I randomly think of at that moment with no reason at all. Also, I need to drink a small amount of water and I have to swallow it either 2, 3, 5 or 7 times. I don't know why I need to do that, but if I don't do that I will get uncomfortable. 2. I think disrespectful or create rude words to people I love and care about. It keeps happening, it is somewhat over my control. I know I can actually overcome it, but it is hard. If I force not to do, then it is getting just worse. I usually just try to relax myself, talk to people or do other stuff to avoid spending too much time with my thoughts, so that I don't get these random dirty thoughts randomly. 3. Also in some random occasions that I keep repeating the action over and over again without proper reason. I think these personality disorders only happen with people who have weak mind. Logic can overcome all these ridiculous things. But you just have to keep your mind in the right way. But it is quite complicated to do. =/

6. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 22:35:53

Enkronidus wrote: Some of those personality disorders can be fixed when you grow up. Or when you determine that you must 'get over your usual habits' and have a will that you must change your behaviour. In your case, simply talk to people more. I have an OCD. It is somewhat very annoying, really. Let me give you a visual. 1. At night before I go to bed. I have to lock the door and pull the door in and out for a specific amount of times I randomly think of at that moment with no reason at all. Also, I need to drink a small amount of water and I have to swallow it either 2, 3, 5 or 7 times. I don't know why I need to do that, but if I don't do that I will get uncomfortable. 2. I think disrespectful or create rude words to people I love and care about. It keeps happening, it is somewhat over my control. I know I can actually overcome it, but it is hard. If I force not to do, then it is getting just worse. I usually just try to relax myself, talk to people or do other stuff to avoid spending too much time with my thoughts, so that I don't get these random dirty thoughts randomly. 3. Also in some random occasions that I keep repeating the action over and over again without proper reason. I think these personality disorders only happen with people who have weak mind. Logic can overcome all these ridiculous things. But you just have to keep your mind in the right way. But it is quite complicated to do. =/
    Some personality disorders like autism are actually in your brain since birth, they are just' malfunctions', in a way, that some routes work differently or not at all. Not everything can be fixed by thinking differently or having a different mind set.

7. Fuse
    Date: Wed, May 9 2012 23:36:21

I am working on stopping my obsession with doing things in pairs/2s. I have had random patterns and habits in the past, but they sometimes go away (and come back). I used to do EVERYTHING in 4s, 9s, 12s, or something like that.

8. Sc00t
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 00:29:25

my pony tulpa is a little psychotic, but i'm sane as ever.

9. Eternity
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 00:50:24

Unusual behaviour? Yes. 1) All my documents and files and other stuff have to be arranged perfectly. If something is out of place, I brood for the whole day. 2) If I'm in a room, the door HAS to be closed. If it's left ajar, I get very uncomfortable and can't concentrate on a single thing. 3) I spin a pen. 8D

10. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 01:12:22

I have OCD for symmetry, like I can't play Clarinet unless the pieces are joined perfectly and I have a reed that is equal in its density and cut I think I might have ADHD, and I can't focus on a single thing unless I do a bunch of other things at the same time. My teachers tell me to stop spinning my pen or solving my Rubik's cube in class, but I can't concentrate without something like that. I think I might have a disorder so I can't talk much with other people, cuz now that I look at it, I don't say much besides yes, no, agreeing to someone opinion or giving a short little answer. Its probably not a disorder but I don't know

11. Awesome
    Date: Thu, May 10 2012 03:10:41

That just means you can't concentrate; meditation, breathing exercises and music can help with that. Focus is a really important skill to develop.

MightAsWellGG wrote: I have OCD for symmetry, like I can't play Clarinet unless the pieces are joined perfectly and I have a reed that is equal in its density and cut I think I might have ADHD, and I can't focus on a single thing unless I do a bunch of other things at the same time. My teachers tell me to stop spinning my pen or solving my Rubik's cube in class, but I can't concentrate without something like that. I think I might have a disorder so I can't talk much with other people, cuz now that I look at it, I don't say much besides yes, no, agreeing to someone opinion or giving a short little answer. Its probably not a disorder but I don't know

12. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Sat, May 12 2012 02:27:32

No matter how hard I try to focus on something, I actually forget what is going on. If a teacher is giving a lecture and I stare at them and listen intently, I can't seem to pay attention.

13. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, May 12 2012 02:58:12

@MightAsWellGG OCD is an ANXIETY DISORDER, not a personality disorder. Take it from a guy who has Psychology AP. (sun)

14. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, May 12 2012 08:04:27

JackyMacky wrote: @MightAsWellGG OCD is an ANXIETY DISORDER, not a personality disorder. Take it from a guy who has Psychology AP. (sun)
    Isn't Anxiety Disorder a type of Personality Disorder? D: At least it says like that on the wiki

15. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, May 12 2012 17:24:18

Enkronidus wrote: Isn't Anxiety Disorder a type of Personality Disorder? D: At least it says like that on the wiki
    Naw, they're 2 different types of disorders: personality and anxiety. But it's ok, I didn't know you have OCD. D:

16. Awesome
    Date: Sat, May 12 2012 23:45:54

Yeah that's pretty common, but work on it cuz if you can focus better than other people in your class you will have to do less work and get better marks cuz you learn more efficiently then. Its hard and you might not ever be perfect at it but any improvements you can make are worth it.

MightAsWellGG wrote: No matter how hard I try to focus on something, I actually forget what is going on. If a teacher is giving a lecture and I stare at them and listen intently, I can't seem to pay attention.

17. Furloy
    Date: Fri, May 18 2012 20:23:44

Fuse wrote: I am working on stopping my obsession with doing things in pairs/2s. I have had random patterns and habits in the past, but they sometimes go away (and come back). I used to do EVERYTHING in 4s, 9s, 12s, or something like that.
    whoa interesting, i do everything in fours or multiples of four. like tap my foot for times or when walking on sidewalk take 4 steps in each slab or something. ive tried to quit but it allways comes back. I also have ADHD

18. Fuse
    Date: Fri, May 18 2012 23:02:52

I now have troubles with doing things symmetrically. For example, if I do something with one hand or foot, I must do it with the other.

19. wings
    Date: Sat, May 19 2012 21:27:38

I think i have one too, sometimes i can't accept things the way they are, i always push myself too hard and not listening to other people, but im starting to learn how to listen now, i guess that's a bad example of not giving up lol since i want to improve i have to avoid doing that.

20. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 02:32:56

Erirornal Kraione wrote: Some personality disorders like autism are actually in your brain since birth, they are just' malfunctions', in a way, that some routes work differently or not at all. Not everything can be fixed by thinking differently or having a different mind set.
    Well, from what I read. Autism is not a personality disorder but pervasive developmental disorder. So it might be treated differently? :dunno: