UPSB v4

General Discussion / Pen weight

1. Dimension
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 08:14:23

Lately when I have been spinning my buster it has started to seem really light... Is this just because my fingers are getting stronger or is it because I have pretty big hands (around the length of my buster) does this mean I should move up to a heavier mod? Or stay with my buster which now seems short and light haha... And please don't give me the whole lecture about how light pens give your spinning style. And I do power tricks I don't just spin it for the sake of having a heavy pen

2. i.suk
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 08:52:33

spin a lighter mod (like metallic comssa) for a few days after doing this, buster will then feel heavy again (sun)

3. Dimension
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 09:53:27

Ohk thx The only trouble is I'm in Perth and the only mods I brang were a buster and a waterfall... All my other mods are in Adelaide :/ I'll just take the tips off my buster

4. Froggy
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 10:27:55

tipless waterfall should do the trick. Frog~

5. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 11:15:35

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA Perth... like... Australia Perth...? You're a million miles south or some shit aren't you? and you're actually from Adelaide D: *forever alone* on topic: as long as you're experienced enough, heave pens feeling light is fine... it's when you know 3 tricks and all of a sudden buster is too light that u have a problem

6. Dimension
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 15:35:47

Pen Ninja wrote: WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA Perth... like... Australia Perth...? You're a million miles south or some shit aren't you? and you're actually from Adelaide D: *forever alone* on topic: as long as you're experienced enough, heave pens feeling light is fine... it's when you know 3 tricks and all of a sudden buster is too light that u have a problem
    Yeah I know much more than 3 tricks ahah..

7. Dimension
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 15:37:13

Froggy wrote: tipless waterfall should do the trick. Frog~
    Im not even going to attempt to get the tips out lol unless there is an easy way

8. Froggy
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 15:50:38

get a grip or thick rubberband wrap it around the tip so u get a firm grip of it ???pull??? PROFIT. Frog~

Dimension wrote: Im not even going to attempt to get the tips out lol unless there is an easy way

9. Cube
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 22:18:42

Dimension wrote: Im not even going to attempt to get the tips out lol unless there is an easy way
    You could also try putting electrical tape or any other grippy tape around it and then pull. :)

10. Fuse
    Date: Thu, May 3 2012 23:09:04

I use an anyball to get signos out of waterfalls. Get a good grip on the tip and twist it out. If if it Penwish made, then i'm not sure, he may hot glue the signo tips in. In response to your signature @Dimension, he found a bunch of old ones he had.

11. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 00:34:29

i.suk wrote: spin a lighter mod (like metallic comssa) for a few days after doing this, buster will then feel heavy again (sun)
    According to Psychology, you experienced sensory adaptation. So just follow i.suk's suggestion: acquire sensory adaptation with a metallic comssa. (sun) I'M A NERD HURRRR HURRRR :trollface:

12. Alex
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 00:44:56

Spin a light mod for a while, the go back to buster

13. Dimension
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 05:29:35

Fuse wrote: I use an anyball to get signos out of waterfalls. Get a good grip on the tip and twist it out. If if it Penwish made, then i'm not sure, he may hot glue the signo tips in. In response to your signature @Dimension, he found a bunch of old ones he had.
    Thx I'll try that ^^

14. Darealone
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 13:30:34

Grab an MX, spin it, grab your busta, spin it, then realize the difference!

15. Dimension
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 14:13:44

Darealone wrote: Grab an MX, spin it, grab your busta, spin it, then realize the difference!
    They both feel light lol :/

16. Dimension
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 14:18:04

JackyMacky wrote: According to Psychology, you experienced sensory adaptation. So just follow i.suk's suggestion: acquire sensory adaptation with a metallic comssa. (sun) I'M A NERD HURRRR HURRRR :trollface:
    Yeah probably I'll spin a comssa for a few days and if my buster still feels light I'll extend it to vicgotgame length xD

17. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 21:20:43

You Only need spin a light mod for half an hour to get the feeling back, not a couple of days.

18. King
    Date: Fri, May 4 2012 22:21:57

eurocracy wrote: You Only need spin a light mod for half an hour to get the feeling back, not a couple of days.
    Yeah, because everyone adjusts in the same amount of time. :rolleyes:

19. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 07:54:03

King wrote: Yeah, because everyone adjusts in the same amount of time. :rolleyes:
    I actually adjust in about 7 minutes, because I trained myself to be used to sudden weight changes, but whatever. 30 minutes will get your brain used to the weight that you are spinning almost certainly, trust me.

20. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 5 2012 08:44:41

regarding my original post which prompted the 'time taken to adapt discussion', ''a few days'' was to ensure effect is evident for basically everyone (sun), even if it's their first time...a rough guide, not meant to be taken exactly as stated haha tbh, 1 day is enough, since if you try 2 days, your hand's weight perception 'resets' to its original state when you sleep (it does that for me anyway, usually)

21. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Jan 16 2014 18:31:38

After spinning for like 3/4 hour straight, I started to feel really light and like a much lighter mod, like an comssa. What should I do when this happens? Stop spinning it? Thanks.

22. Reason
    Date: Thu, Jan 16 2014 18:45:23

well this happens to a lot of people. your choices are 1. switch to spinning lighter mods for a while until the buster feels heavy again or 2. add more weight to the buster... (there are more then 2 options but these are the most obvious) i suggest option 1. i often switch between intermediate and heavy mods when practicing. like, i will spin vgg mod for a while, then i will spin waterfall for a while. also, these kind of questions can be easily answered if you ask in the shoutbox. i suggest asking before posting next time ;)

23. Sekai
    Date: Thu, Jan 16 2014 19:48:48

Your fingers got used to the buster, try a comssa, you will still feel it a lot lighter, also buster is heavy enough LOL

24. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Jan 16 2014 20:22:58

Upgrade to a heavier mod.

25. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jan 16 2014 22:12:22

Make the buster v3 mod.

26. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Jan 17 2014 02:00:55

Spin a 100gram mod

27. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jan 17 2014 02:16:37

just because it "feels" light doesn't matter, you still get the benefit from the weight. I like it when my KTs feel light cuz, they still move smooth cuz of the weight but I feel like spinning is effortless. If you really enjoy the heavy feeling you gotta spin light stuff for a while and then come back, but really you shouldn't care that much about the "feel", worry about landing the tricks and having smooth style.

28. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Jan 17 2014 03:43:32

.....you do know what adaptation means right? .____.

29. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Jan 17 2014 04:42:00

I found this in the search feature with one key word. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=10971 Please search before you post. You may discover answers to questions you never thought existed. I can't urge this any longer. [SPOILER="When people dont search..."][/SPOILER]

30. DioBrando
    Date: Fri, Jan 17 2014 04:55:35

WHERE TO BUY BUSTER CYL IN SINGAPORE?!!/

31. LighT*
    Date: Fri, Jan 17 2014 05:27:37

JackyMacky wrote: .....you do know what adaptation means right? .____.
    Lol he is gonna have a mod that's heavy like menowa* XD