UPSB v4

Off-topic / Team Vortechs Combat Robotics - RoboGames 2012

1. Vortechs
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 07:17:39

Hey guys... most of you probably don't know, but my main hobby and passion is in Combat Robotics... no seriously.. when deadly robots smash each other to pieces... yeah thats me... lol.. anyway I just wanted to share this montage of the RoboGames 2012 competition I competed in as Team Vortechs.. and btw: we got 3rd place in the 60lb combat division with my robot "Vortechs" if you were wondering.. but yeah.. I thought it might interest some of you... also .. have any of you guys heard of combat robotics?... and have you guys seen it in person.. it is an amazing sport and you guys should really check it out ;) btw: can you spot me in the vid? ... I'm the guy getting interviewed... lol XD - Vortechs

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 07:25:09

Pretty cool stuff ^_^ I'm part of my school's robotics club and we build things for something called the VEX competition but it's way different from this xD

3. Vortechs
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 07:41:29

Haha... yeah... I did vex for a few years... but nothing beats ripping other robots to pieces... lol... but it is expensive tho... haha... glad you liked it ;)

4. Pixels
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 07:58:09

Woah @Nachoaddict i didnt know u also participated in vex. I do robocup vex and lego ^^. Did u go for the world comps in cali that ended quite recently?ﹰ

5. Noble
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 15:26:23

Awesome :O

6. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 15:32:05

i use to watch that british tv show lol

7. sangara
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 17:49:13

There was a show on Tech TV a when that was still a station on robot wars. I swear I will some day be building robots.

8. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 21:15:51

sangara wrote: There was a show on Tech TV a when that was still a station on robot wars. I swear I will some day be building robots.
    thats it! robot wars