UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / On the topic of mods

1. neXus
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 16:37:01

I think this is my first non-off-topic post. Anyways. There are a few recurring themes that I witness on the shoutbox that I would like to address. #1: Dude, get like a light mod for learning tricks and get a heavier mod later That makes no sense, if a person does not intend to spin light mods they don't need to learn to spin a light mod, you can build control just as good with a heavy mod. Why would you waste you waste your time like that becoming good with a mod which later on you don't want to spin anymore. You shouldn't get a heavy mod because someone tells you to get a heavy mod, you should get the pen that you feel most comfortable with, the one that you want to spin. Grow some fucking balls and make a decision, don't look to others to decide if your pen should be heavy or light. #2: GUISE WHAT MOD SHOULD I BUY?! You should choose whichever fucking mod looks good to you. There's not much else to it, asking someone on the shoutbox if a mod is good doesn't help you in the least. Just because they like the mod doesn't mean you will, you simply have to spin the mod and if you don't like it you trade it for another mod and try again until you have a mod that you like. Again, make your own decision stop asking this question. #3: What mod is he spinning in that video? It does not matter. It does NOT matter. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Pen spinning is not about the pens, the pens are a tool used to perform pen spinning, in order to perform pen spinning at a high skill level with difficult tricks you have to practice, a lot. It doesn't matter what pen you practice with. Buying the same pen as some pro is not going to make you a better spinner. It's not about the pen, it's how you use it. The same thing can be seen in photography. Go to any flickr photo and you will see some retard ask "What camera is this" as if the camera is responsible for a good photo. It's not, it's the photographers work, knowing how to use his camera. Next thing you know 16 year old girls are running around with 500$ DSLRs only to take blurry black&white photos of their friends. This movement of people getting into pen spinning, realizing that it's hard and making themselves feel better by convincing them it's the pen's fault or that with the mod that other guy is using it'd be easier is bullshit and it should not exist. Fucking cut that shit out. The shoutbox is 25% me talking BS, 25% random chit-cat, 40% dumb fucking mod discussion and 10% actual pen spinning conversation about tricks and combos, tournaments and videos. The 10% and 40% should be reversed, they actually should be 45% pen spinning and 5% mods. If the community wants to evolve and become bigger this needs to change.

2. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:09:42

Sticky this shit.

3. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:22:13

1 doesnt match with 3. if the spinner wants to know whts the mod someone is using in some video,its his problem,since you can mke a ecision on wich mod you want,derp

4. IAmTheMrGuy
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:24:17

DArKT wrote: 1 doesnt match with 3. if the spinner wants to know whts the mod someone is using in some video,its his problem,since you can mke a ecision on wich mod you want,derp
    Wait, what? neXus is trying to say that you can emulate style without the exact same mod. #1 is saying that mod weight doesn't matter and #3 is saying that a mod is not indicative of a certain spinning style. I don't think he contradicts himself.

5. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:26:36

This is because of me isn't it? :D I just think that light mods are good for beginner tricks since you don't need much momentum. When I give people advice, it's my opinion. What I believe isn't what others need to believe. Most of what you said is true though. Some people just like the look of a mod and want to copy it, that's why they ask what mod people use.

6. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:30:23

IAmTheMrGuy wrote: Wait, what? neXus is trying to say that you can emulate style without the exact same mod. #1 is saying that mod weight doesn't matter and #3 is saying that a mod is not indicative of a certain spinning style. I don't think he contradicts himself.
    even so,its still not matching,1 is also sying that you should spin ANY mod you want,an 3 is saying that it doesnt matter the mod you\other person uses. and you cant emulate any style with any mod.if you want to go Power tricking,you cant use a normal BICtory LOL

7. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:32:12

DArKT wrote: if you want to go Power tricking,you cant use a normal BICtory LOL
    [video=youtube;s-sVGoVbJsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-sVGoVbJsw[/video]

8. IAmTheMrGuy
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:32:46

DArKT wrote: even so,its still not matching,1 is also sying that you should spin ANY mod you want,an 3 is saying that it doesnt matter the mod you\other person uses. and you cant emulate any style with any mod.if you want to go Power tricking,you cant use a normal BICtory LOL
    Edit: goddamnit Fuse, you beat me to it

9. neXus
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:33:41

Fuse;194098]This is because of me isn't it? :D[/QUOTE] You do partake in these conversations. So partly. [QUOTE=DArKT wrote: 1 doesnt match with 3. if the spinner wants to know whts the mod someone is using in some video,its his problem,since you can mke a ecision on wich mod you want,derp
    I don't understand. 1 is about lightweight/heavyweight mods. 3 is about people using mods other people use because they think the mod is the secret to being a good spinner.

10. Reason
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:36:07

#1- how do you know if you want to spin a light or heavy mod before you try them? if you wish to check different pens its a good idea to go from lightest to heaviest so its not impossible to spin a light mod that you want. #2- this makes a little more sense... but refining the question is a better idea. instead of asking "what mod should i buy?" ask "how does this mod spin compared to other mods" or questions like that. #3- this one im 50/50 on. yeah it is mostly useless to want to spin a pen that someone else spins because you like the way they spin it. that is because they have that style. but other times its the way it looks and noticing minor differences between how it looks being spun compared to other mods. for example, I saw some ivabra videos where he spun his white mod. i honestly didnt like the way it looked, but there was a way that it moved that seemed very appealing. i made it because i had all the parts, and i got what i expected out of it. if you want a pen someone else is spinning, be analytical about it. dont just say that it looks cool. be acute and precise about what you are observing. you pose some good changes that i would like to see, but everyone is a noob for a certain period of time.

11. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:53:17

Fuse wrote: [video=youtube;s-sVGoVbJsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-sVGoVbJsw[/video]
    LMAO now make an entire combo @IAmTheMrGuy an Fuse.Peem can do it with an F-3000. [video=youtube;RhWoxOZS-u8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWoxOZS-u8[/video] but he cant do half of the Power trick he did in that time. deal with the fact tht you cant make a good combo(with power tricks to!) with an extremely light mod.

12. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:55:13

People should really not care so much about mods. Why do they need so many status symbols?

13. IAmTheMrGuy
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 17:57:27

DArKT wrote: LMAO now make an entire combo @IAmTheMrGuy an Fuse.Peem can do it with an F-3000. but he cant do half of the Power trick he did in that time. deal with the fact tht you cant make a good combo(with power tricks to!) with an extremely light mod.

14. funnky
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:09:32

i dont really agree with any of it. but i agree tho with spin whatever u want part.

15. King
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:11:00

19 pages of trying to find a stupid fucking combination of writing instruments that look like Menowa's mod should instead, be 19 pages of trying to mimic his amazing spinning. Ridiculous. Its like, why spend so much time trying to make a certain mod, when you cant even fucking spin it.

16. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:17:03

IAmTheMrGuy wrote:
    Dfuq dude? Sangara is a great spinner,but i dont see the AMAZING power sequences in here.theres only a FCKING double bust '-'. and thats a Rushon.it could even be a Nekura Rushon.(a Nekura has signo tips under the caps, it weights the same as a ryo cheated comssa.)

17. King
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:18:57

Double post, sorry. #3 is spot on, do you realize how annoying it is to hear "Omg your mod is so cool, what is it?" After spending possibly over an hour on a combo, and you choose to comment on the pen.

18. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:32:43

King wrote: Double post, sorry. #3 is spot on, do you realize how annoying it is to hear "Omg your mod is so cool, what is it?" After spending possibly over an hour on a combo, and you choose to comment on the pen.
    Its still an apology to the effort itself. do you think tht the spinner that made that Awesome looking mod(AKA Menowa) didnt want other people to notice on the pe?

19. drgripable
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:34:48

Well about the Menowa* mod replica..... it really is kinda pointless, i didn't make my mod to try and be an accurate replica, i made mine in a way that i thinks it spins very well, and after making some changes, i have the mod i used in this video: Edit: whoop. shouldn't have posted that one yet......i'll post the video in a little bit, its not for everyone's eyes yet >.< Edit2: Okay..it seems like it's okay. WARNING, my video editing skills are not very good >.< Edit3: SHIT i forgot yamaguchi T.T Edit4: here's the vid. [video=youtube;Vg7h6l9csEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg7h6l9csEg[/video]

20. coffeelucky
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:47:38

#3 I think some ppl ask this not because he/she wants to spin like that combo but because he/she wants to know and collect the same mod.

21. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 18:50:45

neXus, make an identical thread to this one (same title), but rant on the moderators. :D

22. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 19:02:28

If I want to know the mod from a video it's because I like the way the mod/spinning effect looks.

23. Arab
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 19:04:10

Fair enough. Just the 3rd one, I kinda disagree.

24. wings
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 19:23:40

makes me think that i shouldn't be spinning rsvp and ballsign mods now

25. Miku
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 20:09:28

:clap: so much hype on mods, this isn't the Universal Pen Modding Board, this is UPSB, the Universal Pen Spinning Board.

26. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 20:13:35

^This. If there WAS a UPMB, it would just be crap about Menowa* mod.

27. neXus
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 20:34:09

coffeelucky wrote: #3 I think some ppl ask this not because he/she wants to spin like that combo but because he/she wants to know and collect the same mod.
    There is evidence in the fact that people use subs and build look-alikes that shows that this is not true. If you really wanted the same mod for the sake of finding out how the pen of the pro feels or if you simply want to own the mod you couldn't settle for subs, it's a completely different mod.

28. padrace
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 20:40:20

if someone wants to be an original spinner and do something interesting, they should make an original mod that's interesting. if someone makes a boring mod made by someone else, you can bet that their spinning will likewise be boring and unoriginal. s777 did incredible, flawless power trick sequences with technical and stylistic nuances only possible with light mods. if he used a heavy mod, it wouldn't look the same. and @Fuse, here's me doing exactly what you challenged: [video=youtube;OfQQVmr2o3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfQQVmr2o3M[/video]

29. Dudak
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 21:45:45

padrace wrote: if someone wants to be an original spinner and do something interesting, they should make an original mod that's interesting. if someone makes a boring mod made by someone else, you can bet that their spinning will likewise be boring and unoriginal.
    So spinners like HAL, Supawit, and kin are unoriginal and boring?

30. padrace
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 21:49:40

Dudak wrote: So spinners like HAL, Supawit, and kin are unoriginal and boring?
    HAL made his own mod. supa has made his own mods. RSVP MX has no style connected with it because it's a classic. what i meant was that if i only spin a buster, grip aviaire, or seven mx, i would probably emulate the style of the person who made it first. if i make my own mod, it will guide the development of my own new style.

31. ohzers
    Date: Sun, Apr 22 2012 22:26:50

padrace wrote: seven mx
    lol seven mx

32. wings
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 02:32:07

padrace wrote: HAL made his own mod. supa has made his own mods. RSVP MX has no style connected with it because it's a classic. what i meant was that if i only spin a buster, grip aviaire, or seven mx, i would probably emulate the style of the person who made it first. if i make my own mod, it will guide the development of my own new style.
    hmm, does it mean that style is based on what mod you're using? i don't think so, look at the majority of style of the people who use a mx, they look all friggin the same(fast, unoriginal and looks stupid), but if you look at kin's, it is very different(full of style, smoothness, control is his bestfriend lol and original). Have you ever seen anyone in the tournament who uses mx besides kin? @.@

33. coffeelucky
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 03:03:32

neXus wrote: There is evidence in the fact that people use subs and build look-alikes that shows that this is not true. If you really wanted the same mod for the sake of finding out how the pen of the pro feels or if you simply want to own the mod you couldn't settle for subs, it's a completely different mod.
    Hmm.. If I want to spin like someone with the same mod, I would never choose sub or replica mod. But if I want the pen like him/her, replica and sub is another good way when I can't find a real one.

34. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 03:42:30

If you question people making other people's mod then ask why people collect gun and shit and they can't shoot it. Us noobs ask tutorials about famous mods like that for collection purpose. Can spin it or not is a second thing. Just who are you to decide what people should discuss in the SB. Sound like a moderator already. People making money of famous mods, by telling people not to make them is like taking away money. And modder like tek sometimes makes mods to raise money for fund, not for selfish reasons. From a modder perspective modding is art too. Not just penspinning alone.

35. Dudak
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 04:15:58

padrace wrote: HAL made his own mod. supa has made his own mods. RSVP MX has no style connected with it because it's a classic. what i meant was that if i only spin a buster, grip aviaire, or seven mx, i would probably emulate the style of the person who made it first. if i make my own mod, it will guide the development of my own new style.
    HAL uses a kt and supawit uses a buster. I wouldn't say those are the most original mods. and an mx doesn't count because it's a classic? what does that even mean?

36. webspider
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 06:00:45

Thanks for the post, neXus, I agree on all points. Regarding #1, I'd say one of the reasons people recommend light mods for beginners is because they're almost always easier to build and cheaper to make than heavy mods (except for using sticks, non-pen parts or other unusual combinations to get the most weight with minimum money). If somebody truly doesn't know what weight to start with, I'd either suggest for him to go with a medium weight one (after getting it he can still decide whether to go for something lighter or heavier instead of going to something heavier or much heavier after a light mod) or test various ones for himself on the next gathering he can attend. [QUOTE="neXus"]If the community wants to evolve and become bigger this needs to change.[/QUOTE] This so much.

37. neXus
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 13:57:13

padrace;194173]what i meant was that if i only spin a buster, grip aviaire, or seven mx, i would probably emulate the style of the person who made it first. if i make my own mod, it will guide the development of my own new style.[/QUOTE] That is absolute bullshit and is directly tied to #3. A mod does not determine style, the way you move your fingers do and if you build a mod because you saw someone else spin it and it looked good chances are you're trying to emulate the persons hand and finger movements because you want your spinning to look exactly like theirs which is the reason you bought the pen. [QUOTE=padrace;194173]RSVP MX has no style connected with it because it's a classic.[/QUOTE] RSVP MX has no style connected with it because styles don't come with pens. [QUOTE=GeeGeeGee wrote: If you question people making other people's mod then ask why people collect gun and shit and they can't shoot it. Us noobs ask tutorials about famous mods like that for collection purpose. Can spin it or not is a second thing. Just who are you to decide what people should discuss in the SB. Sound like a moderator already. People making money of famous mods, by telling people not to make them is like taking away money. And modder like tek sometimes makes mods to raise money for fund, not for selfish reasons. From a modder perspective modding is art too. Not just penspinning alone.
    People collect guns because it's a fine piece of human engineering, you just took apart pens and assembled them to a stick that can build momentum. The statement that everyone asking for the original mods for collection purposes I claim to be false on the ground that how those mods spin is often discussed in the shoutbox. I'm not saying they should not talk about it in the shoutbox, I'm saying they should not talk about it anywhere. I don't understand "People making money of famous mods, by telling people not to make them is like taking away money." because it sounds like it's directed at me but I don't make any money, in fact UPSB is costing me money and I don't even spin. TEK selling mods for funds is a good thing, and I'm not saying what TEK or PenWish does are bad things, selling a variety of mods, this is not about them, this is about the people that buy them for the wrong reasons to use them as scapegoats for their failing in this "sport".

38. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 14:12:13

GeeGeeGee wrote: If you question people making other people's mod then ask why people collect gun and shit and they can't shoot it. Us noobs ask tutorials about famous mods like that for collection purpose. Can spin it or not is a second thing. Just who are you to decide what people should discuss in the SB. Sound like a moderator already. People making money of famous mods, by telling people not to make them is like taking away money. And modder like tek sometimes makes mods to raise money for fund, not for selfish reasons. From a modder perspective modding is art too. Not just penspinning alone.
    collection purpose --> let's pester the creator 24/7 for it x) just who are YOU to decide what threads he wants to make and what he wants to discuss here? YOU sound like a moderator already; and people making money off famous mods is from the free market, nexus never told people not to make them, just that the mindless of pursuing the collection of famous/'secret' mods over the pursuit of improving ones' spinning to come closer to your idol is not something the OP approves of (and i agree with him) about darkt's idiocy on not being able to do power on light mods, look at kima's wc12 r2, do you think he can't do power on a pencil? well, i guess we have no solid evidence of that, so maybe give me a few months, and i'll prove your ideas entirely wrong haha :P furthermore, both crew and tose have videos of DC comssa spinning showing considerable power tricking abilities crew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyOO3jcJkA (vid from 2009) tose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvidqAkmYR0 also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bybibP2aXCY <-- made by me in january 2010, i believe my fl now is quite far above what's shown in that video about mods determining style: no, the spinner determines the style and how the mod is spun, wings' statement about 'all mx users having same boring style', i guess you need to look a bit closer sometimes, sure, it might seem similar at first, but try to understand the subtle differences (e.g. pinky position, like makin), and the different linkages spinners use...not everyone has to spin mx like the so-called 'stereotypical JEB mx user', and even within JEB, there is diversity within styles of mx users about the upsb myth of 'heavy mods destroying style and ability to spin light mods later' <-- partly true, if you learn your very very first tricks on a vgg emboss replica i guess, but it doesn't hold true when not taken in extremes these spinners have shown crazy skills, excellent style, and ability to spin heavy and light mods: supawit: 1st year solo (used KT), but he can spin mx and sc too HAL unofficial solo v1 (at his 1.5 years by arezert) (used KT, mx, comssa); since then, HAL's style and execution are recognised by many to be among the best in the world atm in addition to this, most of the 1-1.5 year spinners who are 'godlike' now, i.e. thebloodgod, nadhif, xml, mksft, yaoss have decent styles despite using heavy dc mods early on, and tbg has a nice mx fs on his channel, which further disproves the heavy mod preconceptions this board holds --> style becomes crap if you don't focus on it (some old v3 people might recall my incredibly ugly videos i made early on), not because of the mod (i spun a 13g mod back then); my style has since improved by quite a lot, and i can spin a range of mods/normal pens even though i mained with buster since early 2009 about padrace saying supawit and hal made new mods....well, peem made buster cyl, and ryo made kt years before hal became known for his trademark violet...not sure what's so original about these mods at all; furthermore, kt has been spun in a huge number of styles (bonkura, ryo, gollumsk8, mesi, hal, early-supawit), and buster isn't a power trap (ponkotu's 2h combo in WC10)

39. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 16:50:09

All points in the OP are bullshit. 1) Lighter mods DO build finger dexterity, this is absolutely true, this is why they are recommended to NEW SPINNERS who will need that later on for any mod that they spin. When they think they can move on, they can, whatever. You can do power on light mods, absolutely true i.suk but irrelevant, mods with more momentum (READ: Not just heavier, as seen by Saizen mods) can do fingerless tricks more easily. While Kirua can do 3 rushon hai tuas, and vic does power tricks with a bic, you'll still see Vic using his 25 gram Emboss mod and Kirua whatever he spins. It's possible, but certainly not comfortable. 2)So we want to know what mod to buy, my oh my. For example I want to know how a kuzu feels before I spend the ridiculous amount of money required to make one. I'm expecting an answer of "Heavy" or "Light" or some info on it's spinning effect, such as is the length good enough etc. I'm allowed to ask for people's opinion on a mod, and this isn't going to stop because you don't like it, because when people are gonna spend some cash, they wanna know what they're buying and what other people think of it. If a lot of people say a mod is good, chances are, you'll probably like it (Example: Waterfall Mod) 3)Okay, so we like the look and spinning style of the mod in the video, and we want to know what mod it is, out of curiosity, because hell, we don't want to leave a blank space in our minds. It's called curiosity, and I'll be damned if you've never asked what mod was used in a video, be you new spinner or experienced.

40. DArKT
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 18:10:43

@i.suk im refering to power tricks in extremely light mods. like an F-3000 or a BICtory. and not only pwer tricking,but providing a combo where you can conciliate a good spinning and a power sequence lol,you guys mke me laugh. im excited for your response. And again,from the videos,you can not know if theres hiden tip or not,even if they say it doesnt. im not saying that they lied about it,bt where the proof. and from your idiocy on not interpreting my post, im talking about mking REAL combo with them. you can see tht they skills are not the same with the main mod they use,and how long do you take to film a considrably good power sequence with light mod? oh,and how much do you think TBg h to train to spin the MX like tht hu? look to the first video of him spinning an MX. its...not bad,but he could do better and he did. now let a beginer START spinning with Buster. lets see wht he can do with an MX after two moths,assuming he never touched one.

41. neXus
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 18:10:45

1) Show me evidence heavy pens do not build dexterity. 2) But anything anyone says about a mod might not be the same for you. You can ask the weight of a mod to compare it to any mods you own but if you ask "How does the mod feel?" the answers are completely subjective and differ from person to person. An answer like "It feels nice." tells you nothing at all about the mod. Also this point is more about people that list 2 or more mods and ask "What's better." as if anyone can answer that. You see it every day "What should I buy Buster or ?" as if anyone can actually answer which pen will feel nicer in the hands of the buyer. It's like that with everything you can buy online, unless you actually in your hand you don't have a real opinion about it's quality. You can read 50 reviews on shoes and every single one of them says "Oh, they're comfortable as fuck, I love them." and so you order them and you put them on and they're not comfortable at all because your feet are slightly different than those of the 50 people that wrote the reviews and in this particular you don't even get 50 reviews, when someone in the shoutbox asks this stupid question they get 2 maybe 3 answers tops. That is super vague and not helpful. And I know people are not going to stop, which is kind of sad because it's certainly holding back the community. 3) There's nothing wrong with trying to find out what mod it is, that has never been the issue. The issue is people then buying these mods because they think it will make them and their spinning look like the spinner in the video when in fact it will not because they are a bad pen spinner which then is followed by a "wow this mod is disappointing, let's see what mod I can buy next to become a pro at penspinning (without actually training of course, fuck that, who has the endurance?)"-mentality. You need to understand that this is not about people buying a mod out of sheer interest, this is about people buying mods because they think it will make them better at pen spinning. @DArKT: What exactly is your issue? Is it that power tricks can't be done with light pens? Well no shit it's like giving someone this car: and telling them to compete in a NASCAR race. It's not built for that so you probably shouldn't use it for that and expect amazing results.

42. DArKT
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 18:36:25

@neXus even if youre trying to be sarcastic,thats kid of what im talking about. you can still compete in NASCAR with the car itself,BUT its obvious you wont get great results. except if everyone dies in an acident.and why would i contrdict myselfw i do power tricks in a medium weight mod,and i can do it in light mod to herp. And heres a proof of what im saying [video=youtube;oZnRcpQtric]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnRcpQtric[/video] Awesome combo,not bad, first time he films somethig with an MX. now lets see it after some weeks. [video=youtube;yVPE-JW-U4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPE-JW-U4g&feature=channel&list=UL[/video] tada,here it goes. take your own conclusions

43. neXus
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 18:38:22

So what is the issue, how did this become part of this thread? I am confused.

44. Chobi
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 18:41:07

I'd be a hypocrit if I start going on about how people should stop following and trying to copy a certain person's spinning or copy every single mod of his/her favourite spinner, because I used to (and kinda still am) be guilty of that. So I shall not speak of that/those certain topic/s. Concerning the issue of the whole mod =/= style thing, I believe that it would be easier reaching a certain style by using a certain mod/s. Mods all have different feels, and this could influence how you spin overall. One example could be wanting that "stereotypical JEB sc spinning style" but spinning a buster as opposed to let's say, a key3 mod. It's gonna feel completely different, it would obviously be easier using a key3 for that, and a buster would somehow influence your mind/hand/fingers to do something else. Most spinners spin differently with certain mods than others, because different mods would influence different kinds of spinning, really. Personally, I dislike spinning sc mods because of the plain reason that my spinning looks like absolute horse shit with sc mods as compared to dc, an there's a somewhat noticeable style change (tricks used, mini combos, etc) in my spinning with sc vs dc mods, or different mods in general. And I'm sure this could be applied to other people as well. I hope I'm making any sense here, posting this at almost 3 in the morning in bed using phone lol

45. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 19:08:36

[video=youtube;VmP11EpBAhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmP11EpBAhE[/video] [video=youtube;liLoYxDG_G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLoYxDG_G4[/video] Compare. There is no fucking difference but the length of the combos.

46. padrace
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 21:28:45

@i_suk impresses me greatly with his phenomenal spinning with both personal heavy mods and delicate mx's. although his spinning style with the different pens is slightly different, to be sure, his overall skill and appeal doesn't change. however i also believe that new spinners really should give personal modding a try because it already makes them original.

47. Rudra
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 21:47:53

I agree with #1 and #2. You can start out with any mod. People need to be more decisive and smarter when choosing mods. It all depends on the feeling. Don't go asking other as they may not spin like you. #3 is meh. The way you see it is agreeable. People have buster and think they can automatically spin like peem. But I ask, "what mod is that?" because I like the spinning effect and I'm interested on the feel of the mod. All the categories are different. No topics interferes with the other. On the topic of general mod discussions. I think I'm more of a modder right now. But later I will start seriously psing when I find the right mod. I do agree that upsb should be more spinning. As the saying goes: it's not the cube, it's you or it's not the pen, it's you. Nuff said.

48. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 21:59:08

pointless thread. NO matter how much you tell other people to not ask the same kind of question, there will be one person that will bring up the question. I still want to have menowa* mod and no one can change my mind. WHO doesn't like to own one of their idol mod??? i know! i.suk! even s777 still own a Bonkura KT. Making argument that a mod can change your style or not is useless. There's no prove that a mod can change style.

49. Fuse
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 22:38:10

When I spin SC, I tend to go for more pass and sonic type tricks as opposed to FL, cont., or aerial since those are, for me, easier to do on a DC mod in general. So I guess, to an extent, mods affect style a little.

50. RPD
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 23:09:44

#1 i started spinning a 24g mod and now a waterfall, and Im happy. Well, i still kill buster newbies, its kinda my religion lol #3 i just love pen modding. Its a different art by itself, and a good mod can make a spinner over9000 times better. I like buying pens, destroying them, making mod replicas or personal mods, famous mod variations, getting better... And after 10 months my main pen still being waterfall. You like collecting pens? Or you are a very big fan of an spinner and you have interest on what mod is that? Then, its OK, but stupid fanboying and thinking that cuz you have any fcking famous mod you will became pro, seriously, think about it. BTW, amen to nexus

51. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 23:32:43

neXus wrote: I think this is my first non-off-topic post. Anyways. There are a few recurring themes that I witness on the shoutbox that I would like to address. #1: Dude, get like a light mod for learning tricks and get a heavier mod later That makes no sense, if a person does not intend to spin light mods they don't need to learn to spin a light mod, you can build control just as good with a heavy mod. Why would you waste you waste your time like that becoming good with a mod which later on you don't want to spin anymore. You shouldn't get a heavy mod because someone tells you to get a heavy mod, you should get the pen that you feel most comfortable with, the one that you want to spin. Grow some fucking balls and make a decision, don't look to others to decide if your pen should be heavy or light. #2: GUISE WHAT MOD SHOULD I BUY?! You should choose whichever fucking mod looks good to you. There's not much else to it, asking someone on the shoutbox if a mod is good doesn't help you in the least. Just because they like the mod doesn't mean you will, you simply have to spin the mod and if you don't like it you trade it for another mod and try again until you have a mod that you like. Again, make your own decision stop asking this question. #3: What mod is he spinning in that video? It does not matter. It does NOT matter. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Pen spinning is not about the pens, the pens are a tool used to perform pen spinning, in order to perform pen spinning at a high skill level with difficult tricks you have to practice, a lot. It doesn't matter what pen you practice with. Buying the same pen as some pro is not going to make you a better spinner. It's not about the pen, it's how you use it. The same thing can be seen in photography. Go to any flickr photo and you will see some retard ask "What camera is this" as if the camera is responsible for a good photo. It's not, it's the photographers work, knowing how to use his camera. Next thing you know 16 year old girls are running around with 500$ DSLRs only to take blurry black&white photos of their friends. This movement of people getting into pen spinning, realizing that it's hard and making themselves feel better by convincing them it's the pen's fault or that with the mod that other guy is using it'd be easier is bullshit and it should not exist. Fucking cut that shit out. The shoutbox is 25% me talking BS, 25% random chit-cat, 40% dumb fucking mod discussion and 10% actual pen spinning conversation about tricks and combos, tournaments and videos. The 10% and 40% should be reversed, they actually should be 45% pen spinning and 5% mods. If the community wants to evolve and become bigger this needs to change.
    1) Totally agree with the comfort thing. The mod you pick should be something that feels good to you. I think when you start spinning, you should get basically 3 different mods. One in each category of weight: light, medium, and heavy. Try those out and whichever weight you like the best, look for mods in that category to try to find something that fits your tastes in terms of feel. If you have a decent amount of knowledge on modding, you have the pens and tools, and you know what kind of feel you want; make your own mod. 2) I don't think there's anything wrong with new members asking for recommendations. Yeah if all they say is "What mod should I get", that's a really vague question. Not really much other members can do for them. But if they say something like "I really like how the waterfall mod feels. Is there anything that feels similar to it?", I don't see any problem whatsoever with that. Maybe they don't have a deep knowledge of pen mods. I completely understand the annoyance of other members if the asker of the question supplies no information on what he or she likes and starts asking for recommendations. Seriously...what do you want us to recommend? However, there is nothing wrong with turning to senior members of the community to get advice in the latter manner. 3) I agree with the point you made that using the same pen as a pro won't make you a pro. It's the practice that really builds your skill level. However, there are times when the mod in the clip looks interesting, or the spinning effect catches your eye, or you want to know if the spinner did the combo with a mod that is generally harder to spin because that changes your perspective of the combo. If you have a legitimate reason for asking about the mod in the video, I don't see any problem with that. I don't know about anyone else but for me, I can't stand spinning a mod that I think doesn't look good. If I see a mod in a video that I really like visual wise, and I don't know what it is, and I want to try it out; I'm going to ask. Not for the sake of having the mod to "make myself more pro". Presentation may not affect the quality of your spinning, but it definitely affects the quality of your videos which is what everyone else watches. I'm not saying presentation is everything but it does factor into the impression you make on your audience.

52. Fryuo
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 23:34:13

guys , u have to trust the system the system is neXus. and dont tell me, " u cant trust the system" thats my joke <_< and ur not funny :P

53. ohzers
    Date: Mon, Apr 23 2012 23:44:50

Fryuo wrote: guys , u have to trust the system the system is neXus. and dont tell me, " u cant trust the system" thats my joke <_< and ur not funny :P
    u cant trust the system

54. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Apr 24 2012 02:40:09

I want to add on nacho's post on point 3: Sometimes people mod for collection. Lets say I'm really into seven and most of his clips are his G3 mod, being a fan of seven I would naturally want the mod he designed, for spinning and even maybe collection. Yes I also agree that mods don't generally improve your penspinning skills, but maybe people are asking about the mod because they're into collecting it (like menowa* mod), and not exactly building it for spinning. Frog~

55. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Apr 24 2012 06:34:17

DArKT;194355]i.suk im refering to power tricks in extremely light mods. like an F-3000 or a BICtory. and not only pwer tricking,but providing a combo where you can conciliate a good spinning and a power sequence lol,you guys mke me laugh. im excited for your response. And again,from the videos,you can not know if theres hiden tip or not,even if they say it doesnt. im not saying that they lied about it,bt where the proof. and from your idiocy on not interpreting my post, im talking about mking REAL combo with them. you can see tht they skills are not the same with the main mod they use,and how long do you take to film a considrably good power sequence with light mod? oh,and how much do you think TBg h to train to spin the MX like tht hu? look to the first video of him spinning an MX. its...not bad,but he could do better and he did. now let a beginer START spinning with Buster. lets see wht he can do with an MX after two moths,assuming he never touched one.[/QUOTE] Ponkotu does amazing counter sequences with an F-3000, s777 has shown he can spin rushon and monami pluspen to godlike levels (as well as bakfall 1.5 on a short, fat, normal pen), kima can spin a normal pencil with a WC-level breakdown, But the most damning evidence against your idiocy is sunrise’s perfect thumbspin 15.5 done in 2006, for me, that ts is harder than any power sequence I’ve ever done with any baton/buster variation; and it was done 5 ½ years ago too; the ‘fact’ that there aren’t any 10 second fl combos (yet?) with pencils and F-3000 is NOT because of the apparent ‘OMG there’s a physical law in the universe set by the God of Pen Spinning that you can’t do good fl and linkages on a light mod’, it’s because 1. You ignore the good combos already made by many spinners on light mods, and 2. No power tricker has mained with light mods in recent years, but tose and crew’s vids in my 1st post already demonstrate that half-decent power can be done (palmspin to x5+, and I have a vid of x20 busts on a normal pencil) About the ‘proof’, I guess I’ll have to melt the tips and use a mass spectrometer to prove they’re the right alloy too, right? You sound like the people who say kin’s mx’s are all fake, except for the one he took apart for wt11 r3 haha; sure, they could be fake, and asking for proof is smart, but I think the vast majority of people are satisfied with no direct proof, so stop using conspiracies to try to back your failed arguments So all the combos made with light mods which are ‘decent’ are not ‘real combos’? geez, maybe you should define a real combo first, maybe a wc-level combo with a pencil isn’t ‘real’ enough for you, and you want peem’s explore M done on a blade of grass? Haha, pretty picky lol; sure, it’s harder to do fl on lighter stuff, that’s no doubt true for me and other spinners, but it isn’t in any way ‘impossible’ as you seem to convey in early posts =\ a few years back, busting past x10 was ‘impossible’, but now there’s a 1 year spinner who can do x400+ oncam Tbh I have no idea how many hours he spent, but I never spun an mx intensively ever in my whole career, I just fs’d with it for ½ hour during lectures and tutorials every few days at uni, and now my mx and unmod rsvp spinning looks pretty natural (to me, at least), so the practice required to master skills on other mods probably isn’t as huge as you think…of course, other people learn at different rates, so I speak mainly for myself here; and I never said that a beginner who started spinning with a buster can magically pick up an mx and spin like kin =_=” [QUOTE=eurocracy wrote: All points in the OP are bullshit. 1) Lighter mods DO build finger dexterity, this is absolutely true, this is why they are recommended to NEW SPINNERS who will need that later on for any mod that they spin. When they think they can move on, they can, whatever. You can do power on light mods, absolutely true i.suk but irrelevant, mods with more momentum (READ: Not just heavier, as seen by Saizen mods) can do fingerless tricks more easily. While Kirua can do 3 rushon hai tuas, and vic does power tricks with a bic, you'll still see Vic using his 25 gram Emboss mod and Kirua whatever he spins. It's possible, but certainly not comfortable. 2)So we want to know what mod to buy, my oh my. For example I want to know how a kuzu feels before I spend the ridiculous amount of money required to make one. I'm expecting an answer of "Heavy" or "Light" or some info on it's spinning effect, such as is the length good enough etc. I'm allowed to ask for people's opinion on a mod, and this isn't going to stop because you don't like it, because when people are gonna spend some cash, they wanna know what they're buying and what other people think of it. If a lot of people say a mod is good, chances are, you'll probably like it (Example: Waterfall Mod) 3)Okay, so we like the look and spinning style of the mod in the video, and we want to know what mod it is, out of curiosity, because hell, we don't want to leave a blank space in our minds. It's called curiosity, and I'll be damned if you've never asked what mod was used in a video, be you new spinner or experienced.
    well, not all the points are bullshit, maybe read a bit more carefully, sure, you may not agree with them completely (i don't, but i do agree with the general idea conveyed) 1) Light mods do build finger dexterity and finer control, yes; but I don’t recommend using the same light mod for learning the stuff after the first few tricks (fundamentals, tw sonic bust, individual baks, shadows, single-finger arounds/around reverses), since it’ll lead to a somewhat slower rate of progress, probably (unsure of this, there’s no way I can conduct a rigorous study of this idea); I also never stated that doing power on a straw was as easy as doing it on a buster, not sure where this point arose lol 2) About ‘lots of ppl say mod is good, therefore you’ll probably like it’ --> not necessarily, everyone has his/her different tastes, I’ve found many recommended mods (e.g. waterfall, seven) do not spin anywhere near as well as personal mods I devised myself…although personally, I don’t mind asking ‘what mod should I use’ q’s on the shoutbox, since most of the time, the asker is seeking genuine advice 3) I don’t recall asking purely ‘what mod is that’ without commenting on the spinning in the video ever actually, but once again, I may be an exception in this; and the extent of my curiosity extends to asking what insert was used, and maybe making a lookalike myself, trying to copy the spinner’s angle and finger positions….but never pursuing finding out the 100% exact composition of the mod just for the sake of doing so =\

56. Gash
    Date: Tue, Apr 24 2012 06:37:53

Lighter mods build finger dexterity? :facepalm: Let's spin feathers then. I personally don't think mods affect your style greatly. If you put your mind to training style, you'll be able to spin with style. Even if someone spun a RSVP MX or Comssa for all their lives, and they never focused on style, their style will most likely suck ==" People should just spin whatever they want to, I don't know why the UPSB community tries to shove down "new comers" throats that they must spin Comssa or they should "put that Buster away". Look at all those 1 year prodigies, what do most of them have in common? They began with heavy mods. But then again this is all my opinion >_>

57. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Apr 24 2012 06:50:41

[video=youtube;qbMXdVsbfyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbMXdVsbfyY[/video] any arguments about not being able to do power on light stuff are basically irrelevant, since ts 15.5 to perfect execution is harder than nearly all fl

58. Dimension
    Date: Tue, Apr 24 2012 07:52:14

With 3 I sort of agree with you ... Like you said using a pros mod won't make you pro but that's not why most ppl ask what mod they r using... They ask because they are curious or they like the LOOK of the mod. Not the spinners style For example I spin a buster a lot of the time and I don't intend on being spinnerpeem

59. Kyoflow
    Date: Tue, Apr 24 2012 09:02:03

i feel like nachoaddict was pretty much spot on 1. as long as the mod looks good, and feels comfortable, then its fine. for beginners i usually recommend a light pen to learn basics just because i worry they may stress their fingers, and also because after practicing and learning all the fundamentals for a few weeks, they can go out and find the mod they like and suddenly progress much faster since they have skills built up on a mod that may not have been the easiest for them to spin 2. well you need to ask somewhere if you dont know what you're doing...some people just need pointers to get them started 3. famous mods and secret mods look good. im curious how they made it look like that while its spinning. their style and spinning is a totally different subject.

60. Fuse
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 01:10:59

What @i.suk said. His wisdom never ceases to amaze me.

61. Reason
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 01:57:36

i.suk wrote: [video=youtube;qbMXdVsbfyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbMXdVsbfyY[/video] any arguments about not being able to do power on light stuff are basically irrelevant, since ts 15.5 to perfect execution is harder than nearly all fl
    its 100% badass alright. WUT MOD HE USE?

62. Fuse
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 19:17:19

@Reason, most likely a Buster CYL... That is actually a cool looking pencil though.

63. Reason
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 20:45:44

@Fuse lol i actually have the japanese pencil mod that uses that pencil. pretty fun to spin

64. Sekai
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 22:32:10

Agree with DarKT so why did powertrickers use heavy mods, if they 'can' do power tricks with a light mod? wouldn't be impressive use a light mod for every combo they do? o.o answer is because they need to use such a heavy mod like the ivan mod or jell tipped buster .... did you think spinners like vic that do hai tuas with a bic, learned powertrick with a bic? i don't think so ._.

65. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Apr 25 2012 23:10:01

This entire conflict is completely ridiculous. Members should be able to spin/mod whatever they please and not be attacked or shunned for doing so. It isnt a matter of "Modders v. Spinners"; it's a matter of principle---respect and consideration for your fellow Pen Spinning enthusiasts. Attitude is everything; no matter if you are either a hardcore modder or a serious pen spinner, you shouldn't be subjected to severe hate. Criticism is advocated, but only to an extent. You shouldn't attack a particular spinner simply because he/she enjoys the modding aspect of PS exclusively. As for the idea behind "secret mods"... Although the choice of releasing a tutorial to particular spinners or no one at all is strictly up to the creator, the mass hysteria that occurs as a result of this "secret" mod causes nothing but tension, conflict, and building animosity between fellow PSers. (Baaron and Springfield anyone?) There is nothing left to be said on this topic. As I stated above, this isn't a issue between spinners and modders, it is an issue of having respect for one another. Remember: Modders mod the mods spinners spin Spinners spin the mods that modders mod Can we not enjoy the art of pen spinning in its entirety as well as all aspects of it? Judging from the reactions of members on UPSB, I guess not.........

66. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 21:30:46

Zkhan wrote: This entire conflict is completely ridiculous. Members should be able to spin/mod whatever they please and not be attacked or shunned for doing so. It isnt a matter of "Modders v. Spinners"; it's a matter of principle---respect and consideration for your fellow Pen Spinning enthusiasts. Attitude is everything; no matter if you are either a hardcore modder or a serious pen spinner, you shouldn't be subjected to severe hate. Criticism is advocated, but only to an extent. You shouldn't attack a particular spinner simply because he/she enjoys the modding aspect of PS exclusively. As for the idea behind "secret mods"... Although the choice of releasing a tutorial to particular spinners or no one at all is strictly up to the creator, the mass hysteria that occurs as a result of this "secret" mod causes nothing but tension, conflict, and building animosity between fellow PSers. (Baaron and Springfield anyone?) There is nothing left to be said on this topic. As I stated above, this isn't a issue between spinners and modders, it is an issue of having respect for one another. Remember: Modders mod the mods spinners spin Spinners spin the mods that modders mod Can we not enjoy the art of pen spinning in its entirety as well as all aspects of it? Judging from the reactions of members on UPSB, I guess not.........
    You are completely right. People, by the way, the following arguments I see crop up are getting tiring, if you use them I'll direct you to this post and promptly laugh at you: [LIST=1] [*][B]Universal Modding Board[/B] - This one is used a lot, I don't know why. If you genuinely think that pen modding isn't welcome here, you should spin an unmodded RSVP. As Strat has said, no matter what time or resources you allocate to either spinning or modding, it doesn't matter. [*][B]Secret mods won't make you spin any better[/B] - We know, we're not stupid. [*][B]I can do this and that combo with this light thing[/B] - That is true, but with a proper mod you're used to, you perform much better. Menowa can punkan with a bottle, but he can do it three times continuously with a real mod. [/LIST] Just some insight.

67. Furloy
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 23:54:12

I think most of what you said is true. I think people asking what mod is used in (insert random vid) is ok because people want to have style like the person(s) in that video. Some mods are better for certain styles and are bad for others. The Minwoo mod is fantastic for Minwoo's smooth flowing style but doesn't look very good if you spin it with a slower s777 style. I am a (huge) fan of HAL and JEB style and I know what mod looks good with HAL's style, and I don't spin things like Buster CYL. I also hate the feeling new pen spinners get that if they start with a heavy mod they will be bad. I started light, then moved to waterfall mod, then Buster CYL. I decided the Buster just wasn't my style and sold it, and bought (parts for) a mod better suiting me. People need to learn it is all in what you like best, and if you see a style you like in a video, it's ok to want that mod (suiting that style) and spin like the person in the video.

68. sarugio
    Date: Sat, Apr 28 2012 14:22:21

yea if you admire someone does not mean you have to make his mod. like me,i adore syrti but that does not mean i must make his g3 mod or if i admire menowa* does not mean i realy must have his mod original

69. Vennaol
    Date: Sun, Apr 29 2012 13:43:58

Agreed use whatever you like. Don't limit them. If they ask what pen that is or whatever it is just their choice. Don't restrict them.

70. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jun 26 2014 01:06:01

I will now present this thread to all the fuckers that ask this question in the shoutbox.

71. sarugio
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 09:06:45

neXus wrote: I think this is my first non-off-topic post. Anyways. There are a few recurring themes that I witness on the shoutbox that I would like to address. #1: Dude, get like a light mod for learning tricks and get a heavier mod later That makes no sense, if a person does not intend to spin light mods they don't need to learn to spin a light mod, you can build control just as good with a heavy mod. Why would you waste you waste your time like that becoming good with a mod which later on you don't want to spin anymore. You shouldn't get a heavy mod because someone tells you to get a heavy mod, you should get the pen that you feel most comfortable with, the one that you want to spin. Grow some fucking balls and make a decision, don't look to others to decide if your pen should be heavy or light. #2: GUISE WHAT MOD SHOULD I BUY?! You should choose whichever fucking mod looks good to you. There's not much else to it, asking someone on the shoutbox if a mod is good doesn't help you in the least. Just because they like the mod doesn't mean you will, you simply have to spin the mod and if you don't like it you trade it for another mod and try again until you have a mod that you like. Again, make your own decision stop asking this question. #3: What mod is he spinning in that video? It does not matter. It does NOT matter. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Pen spinning is not about the pens, the pens are a tool used to perform pen spinning, in order to perform pen spinning at a high skill level with difficult tricks you have to practice, a lot. It doesn't matter what pen you practice with. Buying the same pen as some pro is not going to make you a better spinner. It's not about the pen, it's how you use it. The same thing can be seen in photography. Go to any flickr photo and you will see some retard ask "What camera is this" as if the camera is responsible for a good photo. It's not, it's the photographers work, knowing how to use his camera. Next thing you know 16 year old girls are running around with 500$ DSLRs only to take blurry black&white photos of their friends. This movement of people getting into pen spinning, realizing that it's hard and making themselves feel better by convincing them it's the pen's fault or that with the mod that other guy is using it'd be easier is bullshit and it should not exist. Fucking cut that shit out. The shoutbox is 25% me talking BS, 25% random chit-cat, 40% dumb fucking mod discussion and 10% actual pen spinning conversation about tricks and combos, tournaments and videos. The 10% and 40% should be reversed, they actually should be 45% pen spinning and 5% mods. If the community wants to evolve and become bigger this needs to change.
    1. Heavier mods=more momentum. newbie=less control. how do you expect someone who can't control things well to take control of a lot of stuff? and also learning & praticing penspinning = repetitive motion to achive perfection. heavier mod will make your fingers and hand muscle tired much faster that lighter mods. also LIGHTER MODS TRAIN YOU TO HAVE BETTER CONTROL WITH HEAVY MODS. and also you have to learn penspinning step by step. i see a lot of newbies these days can do so much powertricks but don't know how to put them properly in their linkage. My advice is you need at least 2 mod, 1 light mod and 1 heavy mod. 1 to learn basic tricks and linkages 1 to learn advance tricks. ALSO: Lighter mod is harder to control? yes it's that's why we have somekind of proud feeling when we do difficult tricks with a lighter mod. because it's harder. why do you think there's a difficulty settings in games such as diablo or DMC? because it give you the feeling of success much more when you beat the game. of course you'll be proud to finish diablo on Inferno difficulty right? compared to the easy difficulty setting. 2. he ask for an advice. not all of us have unlimited budgets bro, so we need someone who knows better than us. so we would buy the right thing at the right time. and i think that's why we make this community, to share our experience. why do you think you would ask about a product to the seller before you buy it? yes to know the specifications. will you ever go to a random Electronic store and buy a random Computer without asking anything about it to the seller? 3. bro... not everyone is like you. there is also a penmodder or a collector. for example, i once make a Menowa* mod replica. it sucks but it looks good so i keep it(and sell it last year because of budget issue, have to pay for stuffs man). If you don't mind about the mod it's fine it's fine, but you don't have any rights to blame people for collecting or admiring mods or someones creation. Penmods is an ART it self for me. because it need passion, creatiivity, and dexterity to make. and yet penmodding is part of penspinning. so there is no such thing as 10% 40%. it's 50% because mods is part of penspinning. And maybe you should make that 25% Bullshit for something else. BTW in camera it does matter becuase the size of CMOS sensor which recieve color spectrums affect the result of the photo. a pocket camera don't have CMOS sensor as big as the DSLR. so no matter how good the photographer is the result will still be better in DSLR. My dad is a professional photographer he can take good pictures with canon g11, but he use phase1 Digitalback to take better and profesional photos. because it have a bigger CMOS sensor and better functioning... [SIZE="5"][COLOR="red"][B]AND ALL THIS THING YOU SAID HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMMUNITY'S GROWTH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

72. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 10:13:23

sarugio wrote: 1. Heavier mods=more momentum. newbie=less control. how do you expect someone who can't control things well to take control of a lot of stuff? and also learning & praticing penspinning = repetitive motion to achive perfection. heavier mod will make your fingers and hand muscle tired much faster that lighter mods. also LIGHTER MODS TRAIN YOU TO HAVE BETTER CONTROL WITH HEAVY MODS. and also you have to learn penspinning step by step. i see a lot of newbies these days can do so much powertricks but don't know how to put them properly in their linkage. My advice is you need at least 2 mod, 1 light mod and 1 heavy mod. 1 to learn basic tricks and linkages 1 to learn advance tricks. ALSO: Lighter mod is harder to control? yes it's that's why we have somekind of proud feeling when we do difficult tricks with a lighter mod. because it's harder. why do you think there's a difficulty settings in games such as diablo or DMC? because it give you the feeling of success much more when you beat the game. of course you'll be proud to finish diablo on Inferno difficulty right? compared to the easy difficulty setting. 2. he ask for an advice. not all of us have unlimited budgets bro, so we need someone who knows better than us. so we would buy the right thing at the right time. and i think that's why we make this community, to share our experience. why do you think you would ask about a product to the seller before you buy it? yes to know the specifications. will you ever go to a random Electronic store and buy a random Computer without asking anything about it to the seller? 3. bro... not everyone is like you. there is also a penmodder or a collector. for example, i once make a Menowa* mod replica. it sucks but it looks good so i keep it(and sell it last year because of budget issue, have to pay for stuffs man). If you don't mind about the mod it's fine it's fine, but you don't have any rights to blame people for collecting or admiring mods or someones creation. Penmods is an ART it self for me. because it need passion, creatiivity, and dexterity to make. and yet penmodding is part of penspinning. so there is no such thing as 10% 40%. it's 50% because mods is part of penspinning. And maybe you should make that 25% Bullshit for something else. BTW in camera it does matter becuase the size of CMOS sensor which recieve color spectrums affect the result of the photo. a pocket camera don't have CMOS sensor as big as the DSLR. so no matter how good the photographer is the result will still be better in DSLR. My dad is a professional photographer he can take good pictures with canon g11, but he use phase1 Digitalback to take better and profesional photos. because it have a bigger CMOS sensor and better functioning... [SIZE="5"][COLOR="red"][B]AND ALL THIS THING YOU SAID HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMMUNITY'S GROWTH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Ummmmm....neXus isnt active anymore...

73. Zen
    Date: Wed, Jul 30 2014 10:38:30

sarugio wrote: 1. Heavier mods=more momentum. newbie=less control. how do you expect someone who can't control things well to take control of a lot of stuff? and also learning & praticing penspinning = repetitive motion to achive perfection. heavier mod will make your fingers and hand muscle tired much faster that lighter mods. also LIGHTER MODS TRAIN YOU TO HAVE BETTER CONTROL WITH HEAVY MODS. and also you have to learn penspinning step by step. i see a lot of newbies these days can do so much powertricks but don't know how to put them properly in their linkage. My advice is you need at least 2 mod, 1 light mod and 1 heavy mod. 1 to learn basic tricks and linkages 1 to learn advance tricks. ALSO: Lighter mod is harder to control? yes it's that's why we have somekind of proud feeling when we do difficult tricks with a lighter mod. because it's harder. why do you think there's a difficulty settings in games such as diablo or DMC? because it give you the feeling of success much more when you beat the game. of course you'll be proud to finish diablo on Inferno difficulty right? compared to the easy difficulty setting. 2. he ask for an advice. not all of us have unlimited budgets bro, so we need someone who knows better than us. so we would buy the right thing at the right time. and i think that's why we make this community, to share our experience. why do you think you would ask about a product to the seller before you buy it? yes to know the specifications. will you ever go to a random Electronic store and buy a random Computer without asking anything about it to the seller? 3. bro... not everyone is like you. there is also a penmodder or a collector. for example, i once make a Menowa* mod replica. it sucks but it looks good so i keep it(and sell it last year because of budget issue, have to pay for stuffs man). If you don't mind about the mod it's fine it's fine, but you don't have any rights to blame people for collecting or admiring mods or someones creation. Penmods is an ART it self for me. because it need passion, creatiivity, and dexterity to make. and yet penmodding is part of penspinning. so there is no such thing as 10% 40%. it's 50% because mods is part of penspinning. And maybe you should make that 25% Bullshit for something else. BTW in camera it does matter becuase the size of CMOS sensor which recieve color spectrums affect the result of the photo. a pocket camera don't have CMOS sensor as big as the DSLR. so no matter how good the photographer is the result will still be better in DSLR. My dad is a professional photographer he can take good pictures with canon g11, but he use phase1 Digitalback to take better and profesional photos. because it have a bigger CMOS sensor and better functioning... [SIZE="5"][COLOR="red"][B]AND ALL THIS THING YOU SAID HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMMUNITY'S GROWTH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Lol First off, neXus will no longer come on UPSB. Now to address what you have said. 1) I agree with you, that light mods are better than heavy mods, when you are a beginner, but on behalf, of neXus I don't think he meant that heavy mods are bad, he was speaking of them in the long term, the real issue he is trying to confront is the majority of new spinners asking "What mod should I get" on the shoutbox. 2) He has a right to ask advice, yes. But what is the point? If someone asks you how does "so-and-so" mod spin? How would you respond? How would you descibe it? You can't, you can try but emulating, feel for your description, will never be enough. You need to spin the mod. People have different styles, so pen mods are better than others, like you for example, you made a Menowa* mod for looks, because it "sucked" he has a right to ask, but people also have a right not to answer, and if this occurs, the same user should not be spamming the same question again and again, there are threads for those questions. 3) @sarugio he was not criticizing anyone expect the new members for shouting on the shoutbox where does he say "Collectors and Modders suck"? He is talking about new SPINNERS that ask what is that mod so they can buy it and try to spin like the person in the video. Again you misunderstood neXus His ideas WERE logical, given that he has been here since the start. He has most likely seen countless people ask the same questions and he wants to stop it, so the shoutbox can focus more on pen spinning and trolling If you look at his post, he talking about all the issues as a SPINNER. You are a MODDER, so interpretated his post as a modder would. He isn't talking about new spinners and why they should f-off, he is talking about how they should be asking their questions in the threads provided.