UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Korean Backaround

1. Eso
    Date: Fri, Jun 11 2010 03:13:06

The Korean Backaround is in actuality a Fingerless Fingeraround Reverse. Video Tutorial by KTrinh93 Video Tutorial by Pari UPSB Wiki entry

2. smudgey
    Date: Fri, Nov 12 2010 14:57:34

I dunno why but I keep doing a neo sonic, help pelase thanks!

3. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Fri, Nov 12 2010 15:57:47

smudgey wrote: I dunno why but I keep doing a neo sonic, help pelase thanks!
    Dont do the trick with your palm facing you. Do it at sort of a diagonal angle (not palm down, but in the middle of palm down and palm facing you). And dont use any fingers to push the pen. Just use the twist of the wrist to make the pen go around your finger. And lastly, down extend any of your fingers (other than the finger that the pen is going around), is you watch eso's video, you'll see the he bends his other fingers to clear the way for the pen. Yup, that's pretty much all the advice i have. (sorry, if it's hard to understand, i suck at explaining things xD)

4. smudgey
    Date: Sat, Nov 13 2010 05:31:04

thanks i can do it now!!! tyvm!

5. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 17:38:51

im loving this trick =D

6. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Feb 6 2011 13:35:32

PLEASE REPLY! Anyone done a inverse bak before? I think I can do it or is it a different trick:)

7. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Feb 6 2011 20:11:55

Ummm, I spoke a bit on this topic before, but I think the widely accepted notion is that around type tricks don't have inverses. My idea/thinking was that inverse when applied to arounds type tricks would refer to the side of the finger the pen was on, while the direction was the same, the trick would start on the other side of the finger. The only way this could be accomplished would be through crossed fingers... However, this isn't the true meaning of inverse and basically, no there aren't any inverse baks...

8. strat1227
    Date: Sun, Feb 6 2011 22:37:20

inverse traditionally means same motion but on the other side of the hand. meaning if you had a left hand where your right hand should be, what the trick would look like this definition of inverse means an inverse bak is just an around. inverse bakaround is indexaround, but that's stupid so we just say there is no inverse of arounds

9. Xephoria
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 02:57:38

Ummm I am just making sure but the when you do this trick the pen spins somewhat diagonally right? Not like a regular around.

10. Danny116
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 03:14:37

@Xephoria yeup, diagonally :)

11. Alex
    Date: Sun, Jul 8 2012 23:28:33

Wouldnt fingerless finger around reverse just be a backaround?

12. vertaz
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:59:19

Alex wrote: Wouldnt fingerless finger around reverse just be a backaround?
    I think the difference (if there is any) is that the backaround spins on the back of the hand is is more horizontal while a fingerless around rev is more vertical.

13. Alex
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 00:41:03

Yeah i just didnt know at a few weeks ago

vertaz wrote: I think the difference (if there is any) is that the backaround spins on the back of the hand is is more horizontal while a fingerless around rev is more vertical.

14. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Fri, May 9 2014 04:01:36

I'm always skeptical about posting on super old threads because I feel like I might be necro-bumping... :P That being said, would anyone be able to help me out with how the motion is supposed to work? I read everywhere that it's supposed to be somewhat of a wrist flick, but when I do the trick, I feel as though I'm using more of an arm movement instead, which feels slightly off. Also, this makes the movement extremely flat and nearly horizontal. :o Anyway, is doing the movement with the arm wrong? If so, any tips for converting it to a wrist movement? This is just an Index Bak for now, by the way.

15. Reason
    Date: Fri, May 9 2014 04:30:31

AnAsianBrony wrote: I'm always skeptical about posting on super old threads because I feel like I might be necro-bumping... :P That being said, would anyone be able to help me out with how the motion is supposed to work? I read everywhere that it's supposed to be somewhat of a wrist flick, but when I do the trick, I feel as though I'm using more of an arm movement instead, which feels slightly off. Also, this makes the movement extremely flat and nearly horizontal. :o Anyway, is doing the movement with the arm wrong? If so, any tips for converting it to a wrist movement? This is just an Index Bak for now, by the way.
    ideally, there should be minimal or no arm movement (at least when it comes to doing just normal index bak). its mostly in the wrist... i start palm side, then turn to palm down to start the trick, then when its about 2/3 done with the revolution i turn back to palm side and catch. combine this with the finger motion (pushing downwards slightly with your index) and it should be all you need.

16. Infiknight
    Date: Sat, May 10 2014 14:24:08

Omg... Inverse confusing me :( is there like inverse for all tricks??

17. Junjiy
    Date: Tue, May 13 2014 20:20:18

Infiknight wrote: Omg... Inverse confusing me :( is there like inverse for all tricks??
    I pretty sure there aren't inverses for all tricks. Is there even such as an inverse bak? o_o

18. Chobi
    Date: Tue, May 13 2014 21:12:31

Junjiy wrote: I pretty sure there aren't inverses for all tricks. Is there even such as an inverse bak? o_o
    Why yes there is.

19. Yamaguchi
    Date: Tue, May 13 2014 22:42:31

Junjiy wrote: I pretty sure there aren't inverses for all tricks. Is there even such as an inverse bak? o_o
    lol -_-

20. kthun
    Date: Tue, Jul 1 2014 06:35:56

I'm able to do baks and a bakfall decently but I've started to realize when practicing bak 1.5s that I'm doing baks wrong? I see spinners like Vic do baks that go around the second joint on the finger (from the tip) and can destroy bak 1.5s like this. I do my baks between the first and second finger joint which also makes my pen in my baks a little more perpendicular to my hand rather than parallel. Has anyone ever thought about this or had this issue?

21. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Jul 1 2014 09:07:15

kthun wrote: I'm able to do baks and a bakfall decently but I've started to realize when practicing bak 1.5s that I'm doing baks wrong? I see spinners like Vic do baks that go around the second joint on the finger (from the tip) and can destroy bak 1.5s like this. I do my baks between the first and second finger joint which also makes my pen in my baks a little more perpendicular to my hand rather than parallel. Has anyone ever thought about this or had this issue?
    No it's a matter of style. Weissan backs are what vic does, korean baks are what you're doing

22. MPC
    Date: Thu, Jul 3 2014 19:18:35

Aaah, anyone know any good tutorials for Weissan bak? I've never heard of them. mpc

23. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Sat, Aug 16 2014 17:18:50

Learned the index Bak a while ago, so now I guess it's time to learn all the others. >.> To perform a Mid Bak, should the index be bent downward out of the way, or outward? Also, what slot should the Mid Bak be caught in? I find myself catching in either 12 or T2...

24. HuTai
    Date: Mon, Aug 18 2014 03:51:19

AnAsianBrony wrote: Learned the index Bak a while ago, so now I guess it's time to learn all the others. >.> To perform a Mid Bak, should the index be bent downward out of the way, or outward? Also, what slot should the Mid Bak be caught in? I find myself catching in either 12 or T2...
    I usually bend my index down and catch it at 23 slot

25. milkywave1
    Date: Fri, Aug 22 2014 12:49:18

AnAsianBrony wrote: Learned the index Bak a while ago, so now I guess it's time to learn all the others. >.> To perform a Mid Bak, should the index be bent downward out of the way, or outward? Also, what slot should the Mid Bak be caught in? I find myself catching in either 12 or T2...
    you can catch it in triangular sort of formation at 123(finger slots)