UPSB v4

General Discussion / How to learn Pen spinning?

1. Jo
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 02:31:57

hey guys.. Im spinning for 8 months now.. but Im still not sure how to learn pen spinning in a proper way.. other pen spinners asked me to download a FS from someone and then slomo it.. But the quality always gets fucked up.. so its bloddy hard to see whats the person doing.. and You guys learn linkages from others.. what does that mean?.. Or should i learn tricks 1 by 1 and combine it to MY own linkage?.. although i've been spinning for months, i only spin repeatively based on my linkage ( only have 1 linkage). so its kinda bored.. so im asking you guys how to learn pen spinng? :)

2. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 02:40:47

watch other penspinners and do what they are doing then incoperate it into your own spinning. Also learning reverses of tricks you already know opens up a lot of new linkages for you to spice up your spinning.

3. wotu1
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 03:12:00

If you dont want the quality getting screwed up when you slowmo a video, go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 , join the trial, then on youtube therell be a little gear option on the bottom right of the video player and itll give you options to slow down or speed up the video

4. Jo
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 03:23:33

ohh thanks for reply guys.. but sometimes.. its the person cam quality is bad.. so what to do bout it? yea rev tricks are useful iagree :)

5. funnky
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 03:54:49

just pratice

6. Kari
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 13:13:38

Jo wrote: ohh thanks for reply guys.. but sometimes.. its the person cam quality is bad.. so what to do bout it? yea rev tricks are useful iagree :)
    If your camera quality is bad I would suggest a new camera.

7. lolfus
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 13:51:47

Just learn your own links. You sitting there and writing down a combo. so you can write infinity to index spread. but it wont work. so just try which tricks you can link good, like sonic 34 to 23 and then pass reverse. just try.

8. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 14:56:06

Getting a new camera is the most obvious solution. Fooling around with the settings on your current camera may help its quality though, you want to find an exposure setting and turn that down as far as possible it will make it look darker but compensate by spinning in a bright place and turning up the gain setting. The results can be quite surprising with the right settings.

Jo wrote: ohh thanks for reply guys.. but sometimes.. its the person cam quality is bad.. so what to do bout it? yea rev tricks are useful iagree :)

9. Jo
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 16:04:41

@Kari guys, i meant if lets say i want to download i.suk's Linkage.. but his cam quality is NOT that clear.. so how can i learn from his linkage of HIS cam is not clear? = ruin the quality = hard to see the pen twriling in his finger slots.. ( JUST AN EXAMPLE OK(

10. Enigmatic
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 16:06:09

look at other people spin, orrrrr make stuff up and practice, eventually you'll start learning without watching other people

11. Kari
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 16:24:32

@Jo find one of his with good quality. Or find a different linkage by somebody else that you like. But I think i.suk's videos aren't poor quality.

12. Days
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 16:37:51

@Jo Not sure if you have found this already, but here is i.suk's linkage video(along with breakdown) http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=9270

13. Soren
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 17:50:51

Jo wrote: @Kari guys, i meant if lets say i want to download i.suk's Linkage.. but his cam quality is NOT that clear.. so how can i learn from his linkage of HIS cam is not clear? = ruin the quality = hard to see the pen twriling in his finger slots.. ( JUST AN EXAMPLE OK(
    I don't think you're ready enough to learn i.suk's linkages yet.

14. Kari
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 17:53:36

I'm not even ready and I've been spinning about as long as he has.

15. midniteferret
    Date: Fri, Apr 20 2012 19:45:28

make your own linkages, you won't get anywhere if you copy people imo

16. Jo
    Date: Sat, Apr 21 2012 04:22:11

yea i dont want to copy other peoples @midniteferret but ppl say learn linkages.. so idk what they meant by 'learn linkages'? if i make my own linkages i have to learn a few more tricks.. and combine it ( which im doing now) but i did 1linkage of mine.. ( alll the tricks i learnt) so now im lack of tricks.. if not i have to repeat what i know(tricks)