First of all, I just entered the group a couple of days ago, so hi ^^ Now, lets go on topic... [B]'Static pen' concept notation[/B] Before we start with the notation, we should give a definition to this concept, maybe: Your using the static pen concept, when you perform a trick using an auxiliar pen as a part of your hand. For example, doing a TA, then the pen that you are spinning goes around another pen, holded between 23, and then a fl ta. After having this concept clear (I think it has been done some times, now comes to my head that 'penspread' that Snow did in his solo), what things should this notation include? -Give a name to this new 'hand part' -In what slot the static pen is hold -Allow it to be compatible with the changes in xpxh notation Respect to this last point, here I will use a notation inspired in this one. 1.- Introducing the [B]|[/B] part Maybe, naming this pen as | would be the easiest way. As a simplified example, the first minicombo that I wrote in this thread would be notated as [B] TA T1-| > FL TA |-T1[/B] In the slots priority, this goes the last of all of them, because when using multiple static pens, we use letters and it can be confused with B, P, H, etc... 2.- Slot where the pen is hold This can go after the | symbol. For example, a pen hold in 23 can be |23 With this, the basic static pen notation can be finished, having an structure similar to this: [B][COLOR="yellowgreen"]Static pen identifier[/COLOR] [COLOR="deepskyblue"]|[/COLOR] + [COLOR="sienna"]([/COLOR][COLOR="yellowgreen"]slot where the pen is hold[/COLOR][COLOR="sienna"])[/COLOR][/B] The last example, following this structure, would be notated as |(23) but simplified to |23 So then, why the parentheses? Because this: 3.- Static pen hold in more static pens (w/out including multiple static pens notation, I will include it later in this thread) Obviously, this can't be used to make arounds, because it's not too much stable. But there can be rolls, or tricks like that. Examples + pics (The pens are hold in my left hand, so in the examples I will take my left hand as the principal one, no that with apostrophes) Picture nº1 |(12)|(23) simplified to |12|23 or even ||23 because |12 is the basic static pen slot Picture nº2 [B]|(||23)[/B] And this cannot be simplified, because: [B]|(||23)[/B] = [B]|(|(12)|(23))[/B] [B]|||23[/B] = [B]|(12)|(12)|(23)[/B] This is pretty obvious, but maybe someone doesn't understand it, just in case. I prefer explaining things twice, sorry if this annoys someone. Picture nº3 [B]|(1|(||23))[/B] etc... [B]Multiple pens & spinners notation[/B] Neither have worked hard, I just wanted to establish a context in which to apply this to the multiple static pens notation The idea is to separate capital letters from lowercase letters, and always keep in mind that the place where the letter is written says if it means this thing or this other. So... Capital letters: -Parts of the hand/body, for example B = Backhand P = Palm This will also mean to 'rename' the FPSB's phalanges notation, changing x, y, z to X, Y, Z. Maybe also Tf can be confusing, so it must be TF. -Letter asigned to each pen used in the combo. Obviously, when theres only one pen, the letter A is omitted. A = Pen number one in the combo B = Pen number two G = Pen number seven And this continues with W, X, Y, Z, AA, AB, AC... If in some case, the spinner who writes the notation sees that it can be confusing, he can put this letter between ( and ) Lowercase letters -Letter asigned to each spinner taking part of the combo. Same rules as before. So here I put some examples of this things -Spinner number 1 does a TA, passes the pen to spinner number 2 and he also does a TA [B]TA Ta1a-1a2a > Pass 1a2a-Tb1b > TA Tb1b-1b2b[/B] -Spinner number 3 (always think this is part of a combo) does a stall in the proximal phalanx of index finger [B]Stall 1Xc[/B] -Spinner number 2 does a TA starting from his right hand (main hand) back and his left hand palm, and it finishes in 12 of his right hand [B]TA BbP'b-1b2b[/B] -Spinner number 1 has two pens, with first one he performs a TA and with second one, a TA rev, simultaneously [B]TA TA1A-1A2A // TA Rev 1B2B-TB1B[/B] [COLOR="red"]Warning![/COLOR] imagine that in the first trick TA TA1A-1A2A, the TA starts only from T, being a FL TA. This can be confusing so we use the parentheses. (Not confusing at all, but just in case the thing gets more complicated. Always remember that this are simplified examples) [B]Fl TA T(A)-1A2A[/B] -Spinner number two does with pen number two a TA [B]TA TBb1Bb-1Bb2Bb[/B] And aplying this to static pens notation, what can we get? (I take as an example the pics I used before) Picture nº2 [B]|(||23)[/B] So let's notate this good. [B]|C(|A|23B )[/B] Picture nº3 [B]|(1|(||23))[/B] And it'll go to [B]|D(1|C(|A|23B ))[/B] I give the letters to the pens in order of appearance, but the spinner can follow other criteria. And the last, but not less important... 4.- Trick name variations The same as Indexaround, middlearound, ringaround variations, but, applied to the pen concept. Around to a pen => PenAround A pen making a spin over the static pen => PenSpin This can have just tons and tons of variations, but now I can't think on much more, maybe more specific variations like ( |B ) Around, when doing an around to the second pen, being this an static pen... I just hope you like it, and that you comment this ideas. If someone sees some error in the examples, please say it, so nobody its confused ^^ (BTW, I didn't want to create a new topic for multiple pens and spinners notation because now there's one)