UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Power Tricks

1. BeyondEminence
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 20:42:53

Hey UPSB! :XD: Im pretty new to psing and I wanted to know what sets power tricks aside from normal tricks. Why isnt an Infinity a power trick or a Palmspin? Is there certain criteria that makes a certain trick a Power one? *Note* I didn't know if this question belonged in this section but I thought that Power Tricks are pretty advance so I posted here.

2. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 20:53:19

they are generally continuous fingerless tricks. Although there is no set in stone definition.

3. fang
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 21:11:17

Awesome;192469]they are generally continuous fingerless tricks. Although there is no set in stone definition.[/QUOTE] From UPSBv3 [QUOTE=Vik wrote: Haitua and its variations (Haitua release, haitua with different fingers, etc) Palmspin > Fl TA Air Busts Index spread (to link into other power tricks) Parn new (and variations.. other fingers, switch parn news, etc.) Punkan Spreads

4. Alex
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 22:59:16

A powertrick is a trick that is more dynamic or "powerful"

5. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 23:32:00

What the others said basically. I wouldn't learn power tricks yet if you are a beginner, too many power trickers. Go for smoothness instead.

6. Reason
    Date: Mon, Apr 16 2012 00:46:43

yeah dont go for powertricks right now... they are basically tricks that require alot of momentum and hand movement

7. Danny116
    Date: Mon, Apr 16 2012 02:26:30

IMHO "power" is anything that adds flair to a combo. that is typically Fingerless tricks/linkages. but i also think other dynamic parts of a combo can be called "power" for instance Palmdown Arounds are (imo) just as impressive as a haitua, or a bust release. but list so many other things, its all relative >.<"

8. MickChickenn
    Date: Mon, Apr 16 2012 03:17:00

Anything that can be done fingerlessly, cont., and is of high difficulty.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 16:31:27

Powertricks are a direct translation from a french way of saying it I believe on FPSB and were used to signify "Hard" tricks. Typically power tricks are fingerless mini-combos, for example the power pass, hai tua and PalmSpin -> FL Ta Cont are examples of these. However there are individual tricks like the Punkan (Also known as arm bak rev) that are considered 'power' tricks. What's a parn new by the way, peems pun new?

10. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 23:49:04

eurocracy wrote: What's a parn new by the way, peems pun new?
    parn new is the wrong spelling of pun new, pun new is usually some [fl around palm up ~ palmspin 0.5] variation, but the rotations on palm can probably vary, as well as which finger the fl around is done on note: pudels kern from GPC probably has the first videos of this linkage years before peem used it in WC10

11. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Apr 18 2012 22:24:20

And they're usually the ending of the combo, i think. (Well at least if you can do powertricks...i can't, ahaha)

12. utkarsh
    Date: Thu, Apr 19 2012 16:59:33

Power tricks are normally created to be used as finishers and they are or maybe not fingerless and have the thing to with the momentum created imo. They are hard to master and need much more concentration to do and the correct timing too :/