UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / Combo Linkages

1. Kupo
    Date: Thu, Apr 12 2012 15:45:58

I've been looking around and I've noticed that my tricks do not link together as well as other people's, so I was wondering, what do you guys do to link tricks? What I do to make a combo is use my other hand to get a feel of where the pen may land, is this a bad approach?

2. Kari
    Date: Thu, Apr 12 2012 16:37:53

What tricks do you know? List as many as you can.

3. Reason
    Date: Thu, Apr 12 2012 17:28:56

well if you're generally just a beginner, dont be too worried because even the best spinners had trouble with linkages at some point. like anything else in pen spinning, it will come in time. this is awful vague though. try posting some kind of video of some mini combos or name some tricks you can do, then you might get some better help :)

4. funnky
    Date: Thu, Apr 12 2012 22:17:45

i just do another trick from were ever another trick ends

5. Kupo
    Date: Thu, Apr 12 2012 23:21:34

So here's a quick combo I did. I don't know what I did, sorry for no breakdown. This is one of the combos I would do while I'm sitting through class, of course the combo wouldn't end, though. I'd find a way to link off of the double bust at the end instead of doing a TA.[video=youtube;fnkdEkkrUpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnkdEkkrUpA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

6. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Apr 12 2012 23:51:41

looks like normal beginner stuff to me u'll learn harder, better linkages that will looks better in general and that'll smooth things out ur doing fiiiiine

7. Kupo
    Date: Fri, Apr 13 2012 00:19:50

@Pen Ninja Oka thanks. At least I know I'm doing good for where I am now, lawl.

8. Kari
    Date: Fri, Apr 13 2012 02:00:25

@Icon slow down your spinning. It will look better. I'm not saying super slow just a bit slower than you currently spin. And learn harder linkages. What I like to do is take a few tricks I want to know or that are hard for me and I find some way to link them all together. Maybe try that. :p

9. Kupo
    Date: Fri, Apr 13 2012 02:19:52

@Kari Oka then. I'll try and slow down over the next few weeks.