UPSB v4

Off-topic / Vibram Five Fingers

1. Retro-spectre
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 20:19:04

2. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 20:23:34

Retro-spectre wrote: But most of all I'm excited to walk around the city and look like a doofus.
    This. Everyone on campus wears them and they look like idiots

3. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 21:44:05

seen those i dont see whats the point

4. lunasol
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 22:48:43

i have a pair of 42 KSO's. absolutely love them. take your time adjusting to them though; heard plenty of horror stories about people getting stress fractures because they were too impatient to ease into them (considering it alters your walk/run style drastically). my girlfriend also has/had bad knee problems when she runs (with a traditional shoe), but as soon as we started getting into running minimalist (VFFs), she hasn't had a problem with her knees at all (same goes for my shin splints). the guy at the retail shop was probably just trying to sell you the shoe right there. you were better off going with the 42's because it is supposed to be a tighter fit (they stretch out a little bit as you wear them more often). and you're definitely right about looking silly :P i definitely get some pretty crazed looks when i wear mine out when i just randomly go somewhere. however, you'd be surprised at how many questions/conversations start up just because you're wearing them. however, like i said earlier, ease into them. they take quite a bit to get used to, but when you do get used to walking/running in them, you won't want to go back to a traditional shoe again. let me know if you have any other questions though. i did some pretty extensive research before i took the dive and i'd be glad to answer/attempt to answer what i know! -luna

5. funnky
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 23:12:01

u guys are creeps. tyhose shoes are not right hahah there trolls

6. neXus
    Date: Fri, Apr 13 2012 08:34:39

They do look funny but I suppose they would be good. Running shoes are like the top reason for injuries in runners. There's a TED Talk from Christopher McDougall who wrote Born to run. http://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_mcdougall_are_we_born_to_run.html

7. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Apr 14 2012 00:22:29

i heard its like running bare foot since the soles are so thin