UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Cup 2012 - Round 4 Results

1. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 23:58:07

http://worldps.org/wc12/?p=183 It's frustrating that so many teams are missing, because most battles are very close, especially GPC vs. PSH.

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 00:00:44

AWWWW YEEAAAAA!!! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE UPSB!!!!

3. Raos
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 00:05:28

noo psh lost D: personally aigears combo was better, but meh D:

4. L-in
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 00:18:28

Win like a man, lose like a man. Really sad for PSH and JEB's losses. Good luck on your future endeavors, remaining teams! :)

5. Pen Ninja
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 00:24:30

I lost =[ sorry guyz!

6. jet
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 00:30:10

AW YEAH GJ Hippo

7. pshclear
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 00:53:27

GJ PSH we will be better next time! good luck gpc

8. Gisele 8
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 00:56:23

wew jeb psh ipsb out so soon T^T well good luck everyone for next round ^^b airgear,menowa were beastttss

9. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 01:15:57

:D

10. Gland
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 01:56:47

I can't believe this is even not wednesday gmt -5, why not waiting to all teams to submit judging result?

11. Sponge
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 02:00:19

Because Zombo said, that the results were going to be PRESENTED TODAY. =)

12. Gland
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 02:58:07

Lol sorry for multiple posts, I'm with my handy. Isn't in the website written result out Saturday but it always out on Sunday because Zombo 'waiting' until all teams submit. this always happen every rounds. This is ridiculous, I mean why not waiting since there is time. EDIT:[QUOTE=Avocado]Nadhif vs. Tose (4-5) with 5 judges missing. how irony :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

13. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 03:22:40

Dw we stilll loveupen ninja. upsb powaaaaa

14. Rotator
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 03:26:50

Wait...Nadhif lost? That was unexpected =\

15. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 03:35:11

Wtf its Wednesday here. First u complain about judges being late and want those judges not to count. Now u wwant all judges to count and half of them r late. Thats cherry picking.. Its about submitting ur results on time, and letting resulys Within REASon to count. A couple hours late ok. A couple days isnt.

16. Van
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 04:09:01

okay like i said multiple times in Tiny chat, BIG:facepalm: Gland, before u were complaining about not counting late judging but now u are wanting to wait for late results to be submitted fucked up much? Edit: OH hey neo said the samething xDD didnt realize

17. Gland
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 04:28:58

Not a late judging, Zombo says that deadline is in gmt -5 time zone. And this still on time. :/

18. LIMIT
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 04:29:03

well, maybe because the last time, PPSC judge was accepted. why we didn't wait for the 5 judges this time? if we think from another perspective.. It may look selfish from the other side too.. What's the different between you guys and gland in the last round if you guys don't want to wait for the result from 5 judges this time? at least Gland has a reason why, because of the time, etc.. It's like, "Waiting for the complete judges last round is right, this time Gland wants to use the rule from the last round, and you guys like, nooo missing 5 judges is right and what Gland trying to do is wrong.. hahahaha.. well, maybe what's done it's done, right? ok.. but let's change the name from world cup 2014 to upsb cup 2014, since everything seems unclear for me.. and if you guys want to say, "bad things happened in every world cup" then fix this one lahh.. *I'm from IPSB but I did it not because I want to support Gland, but because I try to see this case on a big perspective + say what i want to say.. *that's all* Sorry for a long post and a bad grammar.. -.-

19. Elune
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 04:52:55

wow ... I didn't expect IPSB to lose ... and a little bit sorry for JEB, I wanna see Menowa* in later rounds >.> anyway, try your best then UPSB :)

20. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 05:40:13

LIMIT wrote: well, maybe because the last time, PPSC judge was accepted. why we didn't wait for the 5 judges this time? if we think from another perspective.. It may look selfish from the other side too.. What's the different between you guys and gland in the last round if you guys don't want to wait for the result from 5 judges this time? at least Gland has a reason why, because of the time, etc.. It's like, "Waiting for the complete judges last round is right, this time Gland wants to use the rule from the last round, and you guys like, nooo missing 5 judges is right and what Gland trying to do is wrong.. hahahaha.. well, maybe what's done it's done, right? ok.. but let's change the name from world cup 2014 to upsb cup 2014, since everything seems unclear for me.. and if you guys want to say, "bad things happened in every world cup" then fix this one lahh.. *I'm from IPSB but I did it not because I want to support Gland, but because I try to see this case on a big perspective + say what i want to say.. *that's all* Sorry for a long post and a bad grammar.. -.-
    The difference is that its been more than a DAY since the results have been due. Dunnno about some 5pm time thing, but it should be wed in Indonesia as well. Like I said, within reason something can be late. I bet u would say no to a week late. But for me, and apparently zombos the line has been drawn.

21. Avocado
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 06:17:52

So..heres the condition BEFORE : few judges late >> wait until they submit conclusion..some said "no need to be so strict with the deadline" NOW : many judges dont submit >> release the result on time conclusion : ?

neoknux_009 wrote: The difference is that its been more than a DAY since the results have been due. Dunnno about some 5pm time thing, but it should be wed in Indonesia as well. Like I said, within reason something can be late. I bet u would say no to a week late. But for me, and apparently zombos the line has been drawn.
    well, here in indonesian..it always been late more than a day ..but now its only half day im not a type of guy that want to make some conflict I know that we looked selfish but dont you think this kind of unstable situation/attitude harm our team? Well...not saying much, sorry if you find this offensive..but we just express our opinion good luck for the next round guyss :3~ Counting on UPSB or FPSB..(sun)

22. Gland
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 06:51:38

neoknux_009 wrote: The difference is that its been more than a DAY since the results have been due. Dunnno about some 5pm time thing, but it should be wed in Indonesia as well. Like I said, within reason something can be late. I bet u would say no to a week late. But for me, and apparently zombos the line has been drawn.
    lol I wonder if only accumulate the result until last saturday then? I believe most of the teams submit their judging on sunday-tuesday. You may blame us if we're wrong. I just don't see a concistency here. Edit: yes this should be wednesday! congrats to all R5 teams. ;)

23. wsepw
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 07:16:56

Nadhif vs. Tose, Winner: Tose . WHY tose win ? I think nadhif win convincing

24. Ivabra
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 07:37:41

Wow.. so many unexpected résults :o Im really happy for fpsb and upsb and good job to jeb psh and ipsb ! good luck to the other boards

25. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 08:38:38

ah k sorry...i see where my error is. the official date was Monday.[B] I thought it was Sunday.[/B] ipsb may have a valid argument in that case, especially if they actually won with all compiled results. ok . its 6:33 here in Australia. Its 4:30 am Wednesday in Toronto, where Zombo is. Results would have been released at around 11-midnight Tuesday. That is 23 hours late Toronto time. ========== it now depends whether 23 hours is reasonable. however, like an umpire, or referee, Zombo's call holds until otherwise. He, has Authority, in unison with the rulebook. The rule book is not a black and white code for the tournament. For example, the rule book stated that only judges from non competing countries will give resutls, but was overruled by zombo as an errror. Similarly, Zombo may see 23 hours overdue as unfit and drew the line at 23 hours late.

26. Avocado
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 08:57:49

neoknux_009 wrote: ah k sorry...i see where my error is. the official date was Monday.[B] I thought it was Sunday.[/B] ipsb may have a valid argument in that case, especially if they actually won with all compiled results. ok . its 6:33 here in Australia. Its 4:30 am Wednesday in Toronto, where Zombo is. Results would have been released at around 11-midnight Tuesday. That is 23 hours late Toronto time. ========== it now depends whether 23 hours is reasonable. however, like an umpire, or referee, Zombo's call holds until otherwise. He, has Authority, in unison with the rulebook. The rule book is not a black and white code for the tournament. For example, the rule book stated that only judges from non competing countries will give resutls, but was overruled by zombo as an errror. Similarly, Zombo may see 23 hours overdue as unfit and drew the line at 23 hours late.
    this differences of times give really big impact to the results an opinion ._. idk @Zombo 's opinion about this case..he must be really confused with all of this things.. anyway goodluck for R5 neo :pickle:

27. Far
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 09:12:04

Nadhif lost? Is this serious? Ah well, can't argue anything. Good luck others!

28. Far
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 09:14:33

IPSB lost? :whut: zzzzzzzzzzzz wtf

29. Nashi
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 09:27:34

Weeee, UPSB and GPC win. (sun)

30. Yorch
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 09:47:07

i cant believe it....srsly, i was the worst spinner, and im still the worst spinner, and im in semifinals...srsly, this is serious xD GJ everyone^^

31. Buum
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:02:38

GPC :-bd gudjob ^^

32. Avocado
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:10:57

Yorch wrote: i cant believe it....srsly, i was the worst spinner, and im still the worst spinner, and im in semifinals...srsly, this is serious xD GJ everyone^^
    you are pro!! :3

33. Gland
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:20:46

I personally think in KMSC R4 double you & vik did a very nice combo, should get more points.

34. Pudels Kern
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:21:15

PSH did an awesome job. Sorry you had to lose like that, I guess we had a bit more luck in the end. @Zombo will there be a battle for 3rd place?

35. Syrti
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:26:46

[QUOTE='Smile[FPSB];191033']I was excpecting a much larger victory for GPC.[/QUOTE] Doubles were predicted to be won by PSH anyways (it's been our weak point all the time!) and to be honest nobody expected AirGear to make such a strong combo! (Good Job on that one!) At least it could've been both who win, but we were more lucky ^.^ Good luck UPSB, you'll need it because we don't intend on loosing!

36. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 13:17:55

Pudels Kern wrote: PSH did an awesome job. Sorry you had to lose like that, I guess we had a bit more luck in the end. @Zombo will there be a battle for 3rd place?
    no, last time gpc didnt take 3rd place battle seriously

37. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 13:22:16

Gland wrote: Lol sorry for multiple posts, I'm with my handy. Isn't in the website written result out Saturday but it always out on Sunday because Zombo 'waiting' until all teams submit. this always happen every rounds. This is ridiculous, I mean why not waiting since there is time. EDIT:
    thats incorrect. normally, results are presented sunday morning/early afternoon. The reason is simple: it takes time to compile results. It's not because of waiting. Judging should be submitted saturday at midnight. I do not start compiling results before all the results are in. Therefore I always compile results the next day. If a judge happen to submit results while I'm still compiling, then it gets included, otherwise the results go out immediately after its compiled. In this case, the deadline was monday. This means I have to compile results Tuesday morning/early afternoon. After seeing there were so many missing judge results, I already waited 6 more hours, where I got 2 judge results. Then I started compiling and released tuesday evening. If I were to release on wednesday, it would mean judging gets extended to Tuesday midnight, but it was not extended because judging deadline was ALREADY extended from saturday to monday. its surprising that so many judging is missing when there were extra days to submit.

38. Rotator
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 13:42:23

@Zombo, you said that there will be 1 more week for spinners to film R5. So why did you have to release the results now if spinners would still have more than 2 weeks to film? I mean, there was no hurry anyway.

39. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 13:44:32

Rotator wrote: @Zombo, you said that there will be 1 more week for spinners to film R5. So why did you have to release the results now if spinners would still have more than 2 weeks to film? I mean, there was no hurry anyway.
    in previous world cup, spinners always have 2 weeks to film its important to give them more time to improve the quality of the videos, and i think around this time of the year there are exams going on. next world cup for sure we will go back to 2 weeks for filming for all rounds because its too hard on the spinners

40. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 14:08:54

Syrti wrote: Good luck UPSB, you'll need it because we don't intend on loosing!
    likewise ;) hmm, end-of-course exam on 23rd april, kcool. challenge accepted xD

41. Kido
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 19:34:09

JEB lose =( no worries you guys are always the best! go KMSC , GPC , FPSB and UPSB!! R5!! all the best!!

42. funnky
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 20:15:15

i cant belive upsb beat jeb.......i was very surpised. good job you guys i guess hahah

43. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 21:10:57

holy shit upsb im starting to become patriotic about my own board

Kido wrote: JEB lose =( no worries you guys are always the best! go KMSC , GPC , FPSB and UPSB!! R5!! all the best!!
    except for upsb