UPSB v4

Arcade / Post min

1. Cubesnail
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 15:10:48

Just out of curiosity, why do you need a minimum of 5 posts before you can play an arcade game?

2. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 16:35:53

to avoid people making fake accounts to play gamess or to flood the highscores

3. Cubesnail
    Date: Tue, Apr 10 2012 20:46:01

I see, thanks

4. juggalo666666
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 16:14:37

Sneaky sneaky. Its smart but won't the fake account already have been made. So isn't that sort of pointless?

5. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 18:47:01

juggalo666666 wrote: Sneaky sneaky. Its smart but won't the fake account already have been made. So isn't that sort of pointless?
    fake accounts doesnt mean they have 5 posts

6. Kari
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 19:20:47

Well you can't avoid people making fake accounts just to play games because anybody can BS posts and then play games the rest of the time. Maybe you should raise it to 15. I think that would cause less of a problem if there ever is somebody trying to do that.

7. Cubesnail
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 19:56:54

Well, who would waste their time trying to flood highscores?, its not like there's a huge achievement when you get a highscore, and as @Kari said, 5 posts aren't many. If they wanted to flood the highscores I think chances are it would've happened already. Unless it has..... then that would be awkward.

8. Kari
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 20:00:17

Cubesnail wrote: Well, who would waste their time trying to flood highscores?, its not like there's a huge achievement when you get a highscore, and as @Kari said, 5 posts aren't many. If they wanted to flood the highscores I think chances are it would've happened already. Unless it has..... then that would be awkward.
    There are always stupid people in the world that would do it anyway, even if it is a waste of time. Don't underestimate people.

9. Cubesnail
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 20:03:01

@Kari, Well, I do suppose so, but still, if they're that bored, I highly doubt a 5 post min would stop them.

10. Kari
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 21:29:34

Cubesnail wrote: @Kari, Well, I do suppose so, but still, if they're that bored, I highly doubt a 5 post min would stop them.
    That was my entire point... If the five post minimum was changed to something higher, that could prevent more people that would do that type of thing. Our conversation just went in a circle.

11. Cubesnail
    Date: Tue, Apr 17 2012 21:39:01

Kari wrote: That was my entire point... If the five post minimum was changed to something higher, that could prevent more people that would do that type of thing. Our conversation just went in a circle.
    Well, I don't think there's been history of people flooding the highscores, so why fix what ain't broke?