UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / TUL mod

1. Whoadie
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 03:27:38

TUL mod: =========================== Stats: =========================== TUL mod COG: COP Length: 21.6cm/8.5in Weight: Dr.kt < TUL mod Style: Single Sided Writing-Mechanism: Retractable Ink-Type: ball point Estimated-Cost: 10 - 20 USD =========================== Materials List: =========================== (1) TUL pen (1) Pilot G3 (Tip and cap) (1) Zig Millennium (Cap) (1) Pilot Dr. Grip (Grip) (1) Anyball/Profile/Stargels (Grip) (1) M-301 pen (ink tube) (1) Any grip section ~1cm long around the thickness of an rsvp grip (1) Hgg inktube or ink tube of similar thickness =========================== Tutorial: ===========================

Spoiler1. Begin by disassembling the TUL pen completely. 2. Take the top part of the TUL pen and break the clip off. Sand down the remaining plastic and wrap a couple layers of tape around it. Put the finished product off to the side for now 3. Remove the clip from the Zig pen and hollow out the inside 4. Take the Dr. Grip grip and cut it in two peices 2.86cm from the the end. 5. This part takes a long time and is very tedious. You have to pull the cut section of Dr. Grip over the Zig cap. I recommend you watch tv or something while slowly pushing the grip on with your hands. Push it down untill about 1/3 of a cm of the top of the Zig cap is visible. (See next picture) 6. Now tak the part that connects the tip of the TUL pen and glue the shorter side in the Zig barrel on the side you had to hoolw out. 7. Use hot glue or another adheasive (could even work with tape probably) to glue the TUL pen tip the the other end of the zig cap. Then slide two sections of anyball grip over it. 8. Now on to the cap. This part is much simpler. Simply put the G3 tip into the G3 cap and stick a 1 cm section of grip up the cap to keep it in place. Put grips on the cap in this order from bottom to top : 3 anyball sections, the other part of the Dr. Grip, 3 more anyball sections. 9. Now take the clicker part of the TUL pen and add a layer of tape to the bottom. Keep putting it back in the TUL pen body untill you reach a balance of tightness where if you pull the clicker up as if it is retracting, it stays up on its own, but not so much that it is too hard to push back down. 10. Cut a section of ink tube about 2.8-2.9 cm long 11. Disconnect the clicker part of the TUL ink tube and put it, followed by the ink tube followed by the m301 ink tube, in the TUL body. (The clicker mech with tape on it should already be there. ) 12. Add two sections of anyball grip to the tip end of the tull body, then add the TUL spring on to the m301 ink tube then screw on the zig cap. 13. Add a small layer of tape on the cap side of the TUL pen body (pic does not show TUL pen body with the retractable mech, only reference it for the tape) 14. Screw back on the top parts 15. Slide cap on. If cap slides off or does not fit on, adjust tape layers accordingly Finished Product:
    =========================== Q/A: =========================== Can I Just use the TUL pen ink barrel instead of the m301? No, it will not fit right in Zig Cap. Trust me I tried to make it work. The pen gets stuck while retracting, what is wrong? Too many layers of tape in one area or another. You have to find the balance in which the pen does not rattle but still retracts smoothly.

2. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 04:01:15

to be honest this tutorial is pretty awesome. the mod itself is cool too. where can i get TUL pen? and how long is the body?

3. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 04:13:39

This mod is actually pretty nice. Good job on the tut :thumb:

4. Raos
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 04:20:16

Nice job but those dr grips are so damn yellow :O

5. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 06:06:09

THIS IS CREATIVITY.

6. flaming oracle
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 06:06:39

Nice job on the mod for a new member

7. Reason
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:37:52

this is an incredible looking mod... i just want to know where to get tul pens

8. mot
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 12:07:03

nice ! he remind me the g2cte evolved. but great RT system ;)

9. Fryuo
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 12:08:09

very cool mod but some steps are hard to understand, maybe cuz i never took apart a tul pen, buuut NICE ^_^ you should sell the mods too, not just the pen

10. Whoadie
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 22:25:57

The TUL pens are about 14.6cm long. I have some on my trade thread but you could also get them on amazon or at office max.

11. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 22:39:46

Good job on the construction. Somehow reminds me of the Minwoo SC I'm giving you. ;) And were you trying to make spoiler tags? LOL

12. suppyfezzy
    Date: Fri, Apr 6 2012 17:41:34

i found some TUL pens at best buy i think 3-4 for around 7usd but im not sure... wasnt payin attention much

13. Greenman
    Date: Fri, Apr 6 2012 18:14:42

wow thanks!

14. LongCK
    Date: Sun, Apr 8 2012 23:14:04

GeeGeeGee wrote: to be honest this tutorial is pretty awesome. the mod itself is cool too. where can i get TUL pen? and how long is the body?
    Gee, I just saw TUL in Safeway O.o

15. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sun, Apr 8 2012 23:23:58

LongCK wrote: Gee, I just saw TUL in Safeway O.o
    Safeway? i thought that place sell foods and stuff. never expect a pen...

16. padrace
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 00:10:20

i have 12 tul ballpoint pens because their tips are pretty much universal. plain, decent weight but not too heavy. and the bodies are perfect length for dc mods, slightly rubberized but still very responsive, and as thick as supertips exactly. very versatile modding material!

17. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 00:14:13

Yeah, there are alot of tul pens in Office Max, bunch of kids in school have them, nice mod though

18. Miku
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 00:24:32

heavier than dr.kt? :o seems lighter .-.

19. LongCK
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 22:33:34

GeeGeeGee wrote: Safeway? i thought that place sell foods and stuff. never expect a pen...
    Well, I thought like u............but it's really there..........check it man

20. Danny116
    Date: Mon, Apr 9 2012 22:43:54

somehow i cant beleive that that thing is heavier then a KT, yes, i know that there is ink in the middle, i know that there is a mechanism. but metal parts account for so much weight. all the metal in the mod looks like it can hardly match up to a single dr grip tip. 15 grams at most imo :/

21. Whoadie
    Date: Wed, Apr 11 2012 01:08:17

It is definantly heavier than dr.kt. Although the metal tips dont add up to the kt metal tips, the ink tube is metal as well and the dr.grip +anyball grip far outweight the dr.kt's sailors. also this mod is about 1cm longer than dr.kt

22. Whoadie
    Date: Sat, May 12 2012 23:53:15

Poll up -please vote.

23. Wikero
    Date: Sun, May 20 2012 00:20:03

maybe a bit less weight... but it's so nice :D great work dude