UPSB v4

General Discussion / Why is REVs in fundamental important?

1. Waul
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 16:57:02

I'm new at pen spinning so I'm actually starting to learn my fundamental tricks. I read a thread about "Share your Fundamental Experience" and they said that we (noobs) need to master REV. My question is why is it important to practice the REV of each 4 tricks. Do I use these on my future combos?

2. Soren
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 17:40:36

They are just as necessary as the normal versions. You will find that you will be using them oftenly.

3. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 20:09:09

well i think you need to kno at least fundamentals + their reverses before you can call yourself a pser but thats just my philosophy

4. Boxxy
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 20:13:49

You get more experience and it widens your ability's along with making it easier to learn others

5. Reason
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 20:16:38

if you just want to goof off, play around with a pen, and show off then do whatever you will. but if you want to be a great pen spinner, it would be in your best interest to learn fundamentals and reverse fundamentals. since pretty much all other tricks are based off of fundamentals, it only makes sense that all reverses are based off of reverse fundamentals. ask anyone. it is extremely difficult to jump right into twisted sonic reverse with out already knowing charge reverse.

6. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 20:28:11

reverse tricks will help you extend the length of your combo. its very hard to do a combo with spins in only 1 direction only. at some point you'll run out of "fingers". for example with sonic, you go up, so you need a way to go down.

7. Boxxy
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 21:20:16

@Zombo Its called wiper 12-34

8. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 21:23:05

Retacu wrote: @Zombo Its called wiper 12-34

9. flaming oracle
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 02:05:15

lol if i were you just learn it anyway you never know what will happen it may help your style later on

10. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 07:49:07

reverse tricks are important,a lot of insanely advance stuffs are based on those

11. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 12:14:17

Adding on to what some people pen spinners will practice have mentioned, learning the reverses frees your abilities more, you can say, I want to do this with my pen, and do it. That's why many mapping, or doing tricks in different or more difficult ways, because it allows them to do it. Something I might suggest as well is learning the tricks on your non-dominant hand early on, it's not for everyone and requires a lot more effort, but it's easier than doing it later on, and you'll find it rewarding, just like learning the reverses of tricks. :) I can tell you from personal experience, as I put off learning reverses for quite a while, that while difficult learning the reverses will save you a lot of trouble later.

12. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, Apr 1 2012 21:43:44

Think of it this way: What if you only learned how to drive a car forward... You could still do things with this car, but it would be much easier if you learned to drive in reverse.

13. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Apr 2 2012 01:37:38

learning reverses essentially doubles your trick list, especially early on ever wonder how pro's combos look so smooth and uninterrupted? It's because they're usually linking normal side palm tricks into reverse palm down tricks and vice-versa, same goes for reverse side palm to normal palm down and vice-verse. They just link together so well, it's just how it goes, how it flows! combos in one direction are boring =\