UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Twisted Sonic

1. Eso
    Date: Fri, Jun 11 2010 02:35:30

The Twisted Sonic is a hybrid that is a Charge Normal interrupted by a Pass Reverse. There are 1.5 revolutions. It can be done in Reverse, Inverse, and Inverse Reverse. The breakdowns are as follows: Twisted Sonic Normal = Charge 23 ~ Pass Reverse 23-12 Twisted Sonic Reverse = Charge Reverse 12 ~ Pass 12-23 Inverse Twisted Sonic = Charge 23 ~ Pass 23-12 Inverse Twisted Sonic Reverse = Charge Reverse 12 ~ Pass Reverse 12-23 Video Tutorial by KTrinh93 Video Tutorial by Pari UPSB Wiki entry

2. Ollie
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:13:12

Can somebody give me tips to inverse twisted sonic? I can do normal, but always when i try inverse it goes charge 23-23 - sonic 23-12. I need help!

3. MaSter_MiND_
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 14:33:31

Try to practice this trick really slowly and then from time to time speed up. That should fix your problem. greets MM

4. Ollie
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 15:25:14

MaSter_MiND_ wrote: Try to practice this trick really slowly and then from time to time speed up. That should fix your problem. greets MM
    That doesnt help, because i dont know how trick goes. I know that is charge 23-23 - pass 23-12 but i cant do pass. i dont know how

5. MaSter_MiND_
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 16:01:48

Well you do not make helping easy. Have you tried eso's tutorial? Otherwise I have only one advise left (because in my opinion it's one of the easiest hybrids beside Twisted Sonic): Try to seperate the trick. Do one Charge rotation, then stop for a short time and then do a Pass Normal. Then practice to make this break shorter and shorter, and when you leave it out you have your Inverse Twisted Sonic. greets MM

6. Ollie
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 16:50:24

MaSter_MiND_ wrote: Well you do not make helping easy. Have you tried eso's tutorial? Otherwise I have only one advise left (because in my opinion it's one of the easiest hybrids beside Twisted Sonic): Try to seperate the trick. Do one Charge rotation, then stop for a short time and then do a Pass Normal. Then practice to make this break shorter and shorter, and when you leave it out you have your Inverse Twisted Sonic. greets MM
    Now i got it. Ty for your help!

7. Fli-Arounder97
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 17:07:52

hi all i think twisted sonic is warped sonic reverse and twisted sonic reverse is warped sonic is this so?

8. Oow
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 19:02:45

Fli-Arounder97 wrote: hi all i think twisted sonic is warped sonic reverse and twisted sonic reverse is warped sonic is this so?
    Not the same actually... ;) Twisted Sonic: Charge 23 -> Pass Rev 23-12 Warped Sonic Rev: Charge 23 [B]Rev[/B] -> Pass Rev 23-12 Twisted Sonic Rev: Charge 12 [B]Rev[/B] -> Pass 12-23 Warped Sonic: Charge 12 -> Pass 12-23

9. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 17:35:49

i can do the twisted sonic and all its variation in pretty much all finger slots, yay =D

10. Mandatory Escape
    Date: Sun, Dec 26 2010 02:15:16

can somebody give me tips on doing twisted sonic 34-23 and twisted sonic reverse. got a hard time doing it :(

11. Rarity
    Date: Sun, Dec 26 2010 15:05:18

M Escape wrote: can somebody give me tips on doing twisted sonic 34-23 and twisted sonic reverse. got a hard time doing it :(
    Basically do a charge with your ring and pinky finger then pass reverse it to the slot in between your middle and ring finger. but you need LOTS OF PINKY POWER. exercise your pinky's muscles and you will have not much trouble with that. :P

12. walrus
    Date: Sun, Dec 26 2010 19:37:53

practice ^^ your fingers have to become stronger and more used to that linkage @M Escape

13. Mandatory Escape
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 00:38:59

i already knew how to do it, it's just that when i try to do it, my pinky and ring finger gets stiff D:

14. Elune
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 09:29:11

Of course you have to practise :D Just try to charge (normal) 3-4 then pass :D Keep practising :D

15. Mandatory Escape
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 13:22:13

i'll be doing that. thanks guys! :)

16. AKS
    Date: Sun, Feb 27 2011 06:00:13

can somebody help me? when I am doing twisted sonic 34-23, I usually get my pen throwed(or fall) away, any tips?

17. Sc00t
    Date: Sun, Feb 27 2011 06:35:02

AKS wrote: can somebody help me? when I am doing twisted sonic 34-23, I usually get my pen throwed(or fall) away, any tips?
    yeah describe it better.. does it reach 34 then keep going and get flung off of 34? or does it fly off of 23?

18. AKS
    Date: Sun, Feb 27 2011 07:57:05

Stare wrote: yeah describe it better.. does it reach 34 then keep going and get flung off of 34? or does it fly off of 23?
    when i doing charge in 34, the pen fly when reached finger 23 maybe i just have to practice.

19. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 01:10:30

@AKS Can you do a smooth and well executed Pass Rev. 34-23 smooth? It could be the problem

20. Mageta
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 17:46:10

This trick seems... too simple, I mean I can do it but it just doesn't look all that good or feel special, did anyone else feel this way? I am guessing it will get better with practice?

21. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 00:23:57

@Mageta This trick is used so frequently not for looks (it doesn't look good at all) but it's one of the most essential tricks when doing a combo (Probably used in 95% of all the combos today). If you go on to learn the variations of this trick (reverse, inverse, in different slots) (And the warped sonic and variations), You'll find that doing combos will be much easier.

22. Mageta
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 01:46:21

What makes it so prime for combos though? I mean if I did a twisted sonic it would end up in the same place as a normal sonic wouldn't it?

23. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 01:54:52

@Mageta The thing about Charge/pass hybrids is that they are really versatile tricks, they can be done palm down, palm Up, Palm Side and While turning your hand. There are many many hybrids with tw. sonics like demons sonics, devils sonic, tw. sonic bust. Tw. Sonics are also very good for developing styles.

24. Nicetricks507
    Date: Tue, Mar 22 2011 17:10:10

Hippo2626 wrote: @Mageta This trick is used so frequently not for looks (it doesn't look good at all) but it's one of the most essential tricks when doing a combo (Probably used in 95% of all the combos today). If you go on to learn the variations of this trick (reverse, inverse, in different slots) (And the warped sonic and variations), You'll find that doing combos will be much easier.
    lol I think twisted sonic actully looks pretty cool palm down

25. Quake
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 01:41:20

anyone got a tut or some tips on learning twisted sonic 34-23 ? srry if its already been asked.

26. capoboy
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 02:51:38

DeeJaySpin wrote: anyone got a tut or some tips on learning twisted sonic 34-23 ? srry if its already been asked.
    Look at the first post of this thread for the tutorial.

27. Velocity
    Date: Wed, May 4 2011 08:45:55

IMO Twsited Sonic and Demons Sonic is by far the most easiest hybrids i mastered them both in under 5 mins

28. Josh
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 16:24:22

Hi, can someone please explain the difference between Twisted Sonic Rev and Warped Sonic? They look exactly the same to me... Thanks!

29. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 16:30:35

Twisted sonic is pretty easy, you just need time and practice. If u want to learn it faster get a heavier pen but I think that would be kinda cheating

30. Soren
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 17:57:15

Josh wrote: Hi, can someone please explain the difference between Twisted Sonic Rev and Warped Sonic? They look exactly the same to me... Thanks!
    twisted sonic rev beings with a charge rev, warp sonic begins with a charge normal hope that helped Soren

31. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 05:30:27

Supergirl wrote: twisted sonic rev beings with a charge rev, warp sonic begins with a charge normal hope that helped Soren
    What she said.

32. Josh
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 18:35:27

Thanks!

33. Vizer
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 03:18:30

hey, i can do the twisted sonic 34-23, but when i do, my index finger bends down when i move my middle finger to complete the pass. it's like my index finger is subconsciously trying to catch the pen. i don't do it on purpose, i have to intentionally force my index finger still. should i work to iron this flaw out, or is it fine in the long run? i've seen several videos of the twisted sonic 34-23 where the spinner's index finger does the same thing, but i'd still like to know if there's any reason at all to fix this, even if it's purely aesthetic.

34. Krypton
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:19:15

Mine does too, but it doesn't bother me as much as my thumb twitching when I do Tw Sonic palm down. ._. I'm also wondering if there's a way to overcome this problem.

35. BboyEnGee
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 16:35:33

i think it'll go away over time, but regardless if you're doing epik combos it wont really matter 8D

36. penzila
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 21:00:27

i would just practice it guiding it with your other hand to get your fingers more use to the motion. Thats what i did and it worked fairly well. Good Luck! :)

37. Eruption
    Date: Sun, Dec 4 2011 22:43:19

I use to have that problem too but over time I managed to keep my index as far away from my middle finger

38. iFL
    Date: Thu, Dec 8 2011 09:55:20

This is the easiest trick ever!

39. Epic Holiday
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 04:03:24

Help me. Can anyone show me the difference of a Sonic and TWisted sonic? I still don't get it!!! O.o maybe a vide owith both..I dunno T.T

40. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 07:56:05

tw sonic = charge + pass and tw sonic is dont on the opposite side of sonic

41. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Tue, Sep 2 2014 21:09:05

... Massive necro incoming. This sounds a little pathetic seeing as I've been spinning for quite a while now, but I simply don't understand Twisted Sonic Reverse [PD]. I can do it fine palm up, but my brain just gets super confused palm down. I keep wanting to do a Charge Reverse into a Pass Reverse on top of the finger because it's as though there's no way I can get it to go under. I've found one video of the trick being performed palm down, but unfortunately there's no audio... I don't know how anyone can really give tips on understanding the motion of a trick, but I don't suppose anyone would like to give that a shot for me? ;P

42. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 09:41:10

AnAsianBrony wrote: ... Massive necro incoming. This sounds a little pathetic seeing as I've been spinning for quite a while now, but I simply don't understand Twisted Sonic Reverse [PD]. I can do it fine palm up, but my brain just gets super confused palm down. I keep wanting to do a Charge Reverse into a Pass Reverse on top of the finger because it's as though there's no way I can get it to go under. I've found one video of the trick being performed palm down, but unfortunately there's no audio... I don't know how anyone can really give tips on understanding the motion of a trick, but I don't suppose anyone would like to give that a shot for me? ;P
    [video=youtube;yPLGNSVfgP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLGNSVfgP4[/video] See if this helps

43. AnAsianBrony
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 19:57:48

Ceru Seiyu wrote: [video=youtube;yPLGNSVfgP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLGNSVfgP4[/video] See if this helps
    Thank you so much! This is amazing and I am going to rewatch over and over until I get it. Slow motion and the closeness makes it really good to follow along. ^^

44. digitaldragon101
    Date: Mon, Oct 20 2014 00:30:00

Hello everyone, this is my first post, so if I screw up epically, cut me some slack. :) I just started pen spinning, and am having trouble performing a twisted sonic between fingers 4-5 to 3-4, as I pull my middle finger down to catch the pen, my flexibility issues cause the pen to lurch downwards and end up below my middle finger. Other times, as I drag my middle finger downwards to catch it, the pen literally stops right above my middle finger. Seriously, the sonic just stops. Btw, my pinky has a super stiff bottom joint that can't bend on its own. When pressure is applied by my other hand, it only bends to about 90 degrees. Thanks so much everyone.

45. AfroSquared
    Date: Mon, Oct 20 2014 07:05:38

digitaldragon101 wrote: Hello everyone, this is my first post, so if I screw up epically, cut me some slack. :) I just started pen spinning, and am having trouble performing a twisted sonic between fingers 4-5 to 3-4, as I pull my middle finger down to catch the pen, my flexibility issues cause the pen to lurch downwards and end up below my middle finger. Other times, as I drag my middle finger downwards to catch it, the pen literally stops right above my middle finger. Seriously, the sonic just stops. Btw, my pinky has a super stiff bottom joint that can't bend on its own. When pressure is applied by my other hand, it only bends to about 90 degrees. Thanks so much everyone.
    Everyone has flexibility issues with Twisted Sonic 34-23 (Not 45-34). Once the pen is ontop of your middle finger, you need to bend your middle finger back into it's original position, so that the rotations keep going (it doesn't stop) This is all normal for someone learning twisted sonic because people have trouble with timing. Once you start the twisted sonic make sure that your middle finger is already down, this enable you to make a smooth transition from 23-12 or 34-23. Now, about your pinky, mostly EVERYONE has the same issue when starting. The way to cure this is practice bending down the pinky by itself (making it independent) and once you master twisted sonic 34-23, do double charge 34-23. This helps the flexibility in your pinky. Try watching KTrinh93's ''Curing Flexibility Woes'' Vid. It will help :D:D:D

46. digitaldragon101
    Date: Mon, Oct 20 2014 20:32:48

I got it now, thanks so much!!! <3