UPSB v4

Off-topic / Decent Earphones

1. Xephoria
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 01:03:07

Hello, Im currently looking for some decent earphones; not headphones, for a decent price. Also please give me lots of details and what theyre good for. Also I want earphones that will stay inside my ear even through some running or light exercises. Preferablly under $50 since I dont have much money but I can go higher if the product is really worth it but hopefully by not too much. I currently have the crappy apple earphones that came with my iPod. [B]Why not Headphones[/B]? First of all, I like something thats very portable, which is what earphones are. Secondly, I find that they are extremely expensive.

2. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 01:09:08

Dr Dre? Or Sony? I find Apple ones not too bad, but the sound leaks.

3. King
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 01:10:48

I have some Urban Ears. I think theyre pretty good, they dont fall out and unless youre an crazy audiophile, the sound quality is good too :thumb:

4. funnky
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 01:37:18

omg. this is the 3rd thread ive seen talking about headphones..............................................

5. chris
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 01:46:03

Sennheiser CX-300 II best one I had so far.

6. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 03:20:35

earphones as in earbuds? get those http://www.meelec.com/ this company routinely goes on sale i get their $50 earphones at $15 or so. I bought like 3-4 pairs just cuz earbuds break like crazy.

7. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 03:29:57

Sennheiser CX-300 II like chris says is best for the price range. Meelec are decent when onsale. If you can't afford shures or etymotics then senns are probably way to go. If you liek songs with heavy base and don't care about mids then any earbuds is fine honestly

8. SJ
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 04:32:44

sennheisers are known to be good... if u have money, ultimate ears, shure, etymotics, audio technica, grados etc funny how ppl say earbuds break easily but my zune premium v2 earphones is still going strong after 4 years

9. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 06:24:08

most do break easily if you mistreat them. i'm kinda a whore with my stuff so it's all in good condition.

SJ wrote: sennheisers are known to be good... if u have money, ultimate ears, shure, etymotics, audio technica, grados etc funny how ppl say earbuds break easily but my zune premium v2 earphones is still going strong after 4 years

10. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 14:17:36

Inexpensive and good sound quality? www.amazon.com/Philips-Flexible-Headphones-SHS3200-28/dp/B003CJTR82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333030631&sr=8-1 Really good sound quality and look at that price.

11. Xephoria
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 22:01:21

@PenwisH The Sennheiser CX300 2's seem quite old, are they still quite decent? Also, are they usually around $50? If not could you tell my where to buy them for lower? Also, do they stay put inside the ear even through some running?

12. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 22:32:01

SJ wrote: sennheisers are known to be good... if u have money, ultimate ears, shure, etymotics, audio technica, grados etc funny how ppl say earbuds break easily but my zune premium v2 earphones is still going strong after 4 years
    try living in canada, all my earbuds broke at a time when it was freezing cold outside. @Xephoria, not the s6, anything like m6, m9, m11 often go on sale, its announced on website. sometimes they have a mystery bag event, where you dont know what you're going to get loolololol

13. Xephoria
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 23:15:41

I've currently decided to go with the Meelectronics M6. They seem very comfortable and I did my homework on em. They seem perfect for when Im running and staying in place with the memory wire. Also they cost only around 20$ from where I find them. Does anyone have any experience with them and can back up all the info and great things about them?

14. taichi1082
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 23:16:47

Xephoria wrote: The Sennheiser CX300 2's seem quite old, are they still quite decent?
    What? Are you suggesting that headphones get worse over time? Yes, they are decent for what they are. The Sennheiser CX line in general is (sometimes even annoyingly) bass-heavy. I used the CX300II for some time, right now I use the CX880. @webspider Get in here.

15. Furloy
    Date: Thu, Mar 29 2012 23:58:57

Bower and Wilkins C5 JH13 Pro

16. SJ
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 01:33:18

i have MEElectronics M9P-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Microphone for iPhones, iPod, Android and Blackberry Models, Black (Updated New Microphone Version) that i used once for a couple min if ur interested

17. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 02:31:57

Xephoria wrote: I've currently decided to go with the Meelectronics M6. They seem very comfortable and I did my homework on em. They seem perfect for when Im running and staying in place with the memory wire. Also they cost only around 20$ from where I find them. Does anyone have any experience with them and can back up all the info and great things about them?
    ive used the m6 for quite some time, they're fine, although i dont really like the whole around the ear thing, so i use m9 my latest order was 5 m9 for $10 each from newegg.ca rofl

18. SJ
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 04:56:09

http://slickdeals.net/f/4140786-Bose-IE2-Audio-Headphones-52-shipped 52 bucks shipped. not bad. about 11 hrs left.

19. webspider
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 06:52:10

@taichi: hai 2 u :3

taichi1082 wrote: What? Are you suggesting that headphones get worse over time?
    You silly guise. That must be why my at least forty year old headphones beat others with ease. OK, I'll break it down for you. Has any of you morons ever seen significant improvements in the last time when it comes to headphone transducers? No? Neither have I. The current new products aren't really interesting or good enough to replace older ones, so you'd be an idiot to ditch older products for the sake of being hip. That being said, I'll tell you some obvious things about in-ears. It's not earphones. Or earbuds. No, you should just disregard anything that doesn't allow you to create a good seal. You won't need customs unless you have really fucked up ears in terms of anatomy. Universals with eartips are cheaper, give you more for your money and are more comfortable. If you haven't tried other eartips yet, do it nao. Foamies and Complys in case silicon doesn't do the trick for you. You need to insert them as deep and tight as possible to get maximum isolation and bass. If you want maximum ergonomy, try Shure and Westone. If you want the best for electronic music, try Ultimate Ears (or rather the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 like I do). If you don't care, use Sennheiser. If it needs to be strictly neutral, use Etymotics. If you're a cheapfag, use Meelectronics, Brainwavz, Fischer Audio. There's even a retailer for them in germany. Oh and if you want them not to break, put them in a stable box, roll up the cable without any strain and put it into your box as well. edit: There is no "better". Once you have eliminated all objective reasons to prefer headphone A to headphone B like price, build quality, the rest is entirely subjective. It's the same as with pens. Accept it. And the more money you are willing to shell out, the minor the improvements become. This is why it isn't that bad to be a cheapfag as long as you don't get overpriced shit (like Monster, Bose, Wesc, Skullcandy, ...) instead.

20. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 15:02:22

sorry yeah i assumed that the op wanted iem. these isolate the sound so u wont hear the background much. useful in subway when there is a lot of noise i would wear iem even if i dont play music, just to block off noise but u wont hear anything if somebody talking to u, u might also get hit by a car if u walk on e street altho u should hear klaxon meelec gives u 3 types of tips ithink. single, double, triple round caps. I find double to be the best as the triple irritates the ears.

21. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 20:35:42

Weekend promo: Enjoy great bass and extreme comfort in a tiny package with a MEE classic - today through Monday, 4/2, get half off on all M11+/M11P+ variants with coupon code M11_50_OFF, plus $2.95 off shipping on all orders above $25 with SHIPPING_COUPON.

22. Xephoria
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 22:42:03

Yeah, I am a "cheapfag". Mostly since I'm quite young. And yeah sorry for the confusion, I didn't know there was a difference in earphones and IEM's. I want IEM's unless the earphones have pretty good isolation. Also restating, that they should be able to stay in my ear through some running.

23. Vassenato
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 22:43:48

look around on head-fi i always look around their before buying sound related things

24. IKON
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 02:47:30

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones Amazon.com The best earphones you can get for under 50 bucks. I frigin love mine!! 10mm bass response...you can't go wrong and thick red cable like dr dre beats that don't tangle but aren't flat, noise cancelling is beasty too! my sister was in my room and didn't if realise till she tapped my shoulder lol