UPSB v4

Board Comments / The Searchbar Problem

1. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 16:43:17

With newer members joining us, we can easily observe they are making unnecessary threads, that are not required and already exist. As using search bar has been laid emphasis on but they are unaware of it. So i just thought if getting a line written in betwwen the empty space between the shoutbox and the forum menu bar. :- please use the search box before making a new thread. It will be difficult to get it on every page, but on the the forum index is also enough. This will be a great help to all the moderators too. ^^ But i dont really feel like this would be possible to be done, but try will make us win :P

2. Soren
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 16:57:08

Yeah, something needs to be done about new members creating existing threads. Perhaps threads requires approval from a mod/admin if they have less than 20 posts or something like what utkarsh is proposing.

3. Kari
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 16:59:12

utkarsh wrote: With newer members joining us, we can easily observe they are making unnecessary threads, that are not required and already exist. As using search bar has been laid emphasis on but they are unaware of it. So i just thought if getting a line written in betwwen the empty space between the shoutbox and the forum menu bar. :- please use the search box before making a new thread. It will be difficult to get it on every page, but on the the forum index is also enough. This will be a great help to all the moderators too. ^^ But i dont really feel like this would be possible to be done, but try will make us win :P
    First, that is kinda ironic because this seems like a recommendation. If you search, you will find a requests and recommendation thread. Don't feel like searching? No problem. I did it for you. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=223 Good idea from both you and supergirl though.

4. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 17:09:55

Kari wrote: First, that is kinda ironic because this seems like a recommendation. If you search, you will find a requests and recommendation thread. Don't feel like searching? No problem. I did it for you. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=223 Good idea from both you and supergirl though.
    The subforum is itself board comments :- which says UPSB wants to be the best board and all. it is us who will give comments and make this forum improve and it was not request, but an idea.

5. Kari
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 17:13:36

utkarsh wrote: The subforum is itself board comments :- which says UPSB wants to be the best board and all. it is us who will give comments and make this forum improve and it was not request, but an idea.
    Lol read my previous post again. I said it sounds like a recommendation. I never said it was a request. But both requests and recommendations go in the same thread. As I have already given you in my previous post. Ideas also go in that thread I gave you.

6. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 17:14:46

Kari wrote: Lol read my previous post again. I said it sounds like a recommendation. I never said it was a request. But both requests and recommendations go in the same thread. As I have already given you in my previous post.
    lol sorry D:

7. Kari
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 17:24:05

utkarsh wrote: lol sorry D:
    Haha it's fine. Just ironic. :p

8. tadeadliest
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 00:57:00

I found that googling what u want and just clicking the upsb link is more effective than the search bar. Search bar never works for me "-.-

9. utkarsh
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 02:12:03

But the point is that we have to reduce the pressure on our forum.

10. sarugio
    Date: Tue, Mar 27 2012 14:06:18

yes search bar never work a little tip from me. simply type what you want at google and add " + upsb" thats work. example: "nautilus mod + upsb" the " + upsb" command google to view result from upsb at the top