UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Circus School

1. Kyoflow
    Date: Sat, Mar 24 2012 07:36:12

anybody here a graduate of a circus school? or going to apply? or want to apply? or current student? i want to apply for the national circus school in 2 years since i meet can pass all requirements for entrance exams aside from right shoulder flexibility, splits (almost), dance, and french anyone interested or can offer some help?

2. Reason
    Date: Sat, Mar 24 2012 14:15:33

i have to say that it would be pretty sweet to graduate from a circus school, but i would mainly do it just to have the chance to get it on with a contortionist.

3. Mats
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 03:11:56

4leek24 wrote: anybody here a graduate of a circus school? or going to apply? or want to apply? or current student? i want to apply for the national circus school in 2 years since i meet can pass all requirements for entrance exams aside from right shoulder flexibility, splits (almost), dance, and french anyone interested or can offer some help?
    I work in the circus, although I have never been to circus school. If circus school over there is the same as over here, my suggestion would be PRACTICE! There is no reason for not doing at least a few hours practice everyday on your main skill and a bit of flexibility and strength a few times a week too. Why not take a few dance lessons or just practice a little at home? Are you entering with a specific skill, or do you just want to enter in generally?

4. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 06:09:48

Mats wrote: I work in the circus, although I have never been to circus school. If circus school over there is the same as over here, my suggestion would be PRACTICE! There is no reason for not doing at least a few hours practice everyday on your main skill and a bit of flexibility and strength a few times a week too. Why not take a few dance lessons or just practice a little at home? Are you entering with a specific skill, or do you just want to enter in generally?
    trust me i practice alot lol i diabolo, juggle, pen spin, rubiks cube, martial arts, and yoyo on a daily basis i practice acrobatics, devils sticks, contact juggling, and speedstacks a few times a month (i also have a huge arsenal of other random things that i practice so rarely i dont really count it as a skill :P) my flexibility should be fine since im a martial artist, but i have one injured shoulder that lacks range of motion. will that affect me in circus? i went to physical therapy for a bit, but i never finished. The rest of my body i stretch daily. im not sure what to practice in terms of dancing...(no background at all) im not sure what i want to enter in ahah. at first it was diabolo all the way since it was the first thing i learned, but i havent come up with any new tricks for a while, and i feel like im falling behind. Ive also started to appreciate other forms of manipulation more, so i may enter in something else. what circus do u work for? :o

5. Mats
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 01:20:20

If you don't do dancing, blow them away with some diabolo + acrobatics. Start out with some strong acrobatics, finish up with some nice 3 diabolo tricks. I just work for a small circus show here in the UK, nothing special.

6. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 03:21:51

awesome thanks for the advice i know what im doin all summer then :P

7. Yamaguchi
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 04:35:35

this is cool I want to learn fly through trapezes

8. Mats
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 13:10:42

4leek24 wrote: awesome thanks for the advice i know what im doin all summer then :P
    You got any videos of stuff you do? And no I don't. I like to keep my juggling secretely tucked away in my left shirt pocket.

9. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Mar 30 2012 14:04:25

nope i have no videos either. gettin a camera is on my list of stuff to do though ahah. im a bit busy with highschool at the moment too...ill try to put up some videos around summer :D

10. Mats
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 03:00:22

4leek24 wrote: nope i have no videos either. gettin a camera is on my list of stuff to do though ahah. im a bit busy with highschool at the moment too...ill try to put up some videos around summer :D
    Sweet. Hit me up with a PM if you do. ;)

11. Kyoflow
    Date: Sat, Mar 31 2012 03:03:12

Mats wrote: Sweet. Hit me up with a PM if you do. ;)
    will do :D