UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Spreads

1. Eso
    Date: Fri, Jun 11 2010 00:23:39

A Spread is an aerial trick where the pen is tapped towards one end, causing the pen to spin (at least) 0.5 revolutions in the air before either being caught or transitioning to another Spread. Spreads can be done with fingers 1, 2, 3, and 4. The pen does not go around any of the fingers; it simply is an aerial and is always tapped from the palm side of the hand. The aerial spin can either be horizontal or vertical. Video Tutorial by Sumpinoykid Video Tutorial Part 1 and Part 2 by KTrinh93 Video tutorial by ellusion67

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 08:10:02

Tutorial by Ktrinh93 Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsuxcGrydc Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs5bkBcI0Zw Cont. Spread slomo tutorial by ellusion67: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9pszktfVpo

3. Cardboard
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 05:48:40

Is there such a thing as a spread reverse where you tap the reverse side of the pen so it spins in the opposite direction?

4. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 06:42:31

Spread rev. By JC: [video=youtube;WkgWq7Qi1bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkgWq7Qi1bs[/video] not anything official or concrete yet.

5. Lindor
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:42:47

[video=youtube;gzytuNlW9vU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzytuNlW9vU[/video] At the end of the video, there is a spread where the rotation of the pen is changing. Sort of a reverse. This means spreads harmonic could be done too.

6. Koksi
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 15:21:29

with which finger should i start training spreads?

7. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 15:31:58

Koksi wrote: with which finger should i start training spreads?
    The easiest would be the pinky spread palm up not vertically. Start with the TA.~ indexspread.

8. Milk
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 07:38:48

Which is easier and looks better, spreads with a vertical or horizontal hand?

9. Gr3gY
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 08:03:33

well.. tat was quite easy. erm i got it liek pretty fast ^^

10. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:09:05

Milk wrote: Which is easier and looks better, spreads with a vertical or horizontal hand?
    Easier: horizontally but I find it cooler vertically.

11. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 15:41:10

Milk wrote: Which is easier and looks better, spreads with a vertical or horizontal hand?
    personally i think spreading horizontally is easier and looks cooler.. i explained y i think the horizontal spreading is easier in my vid but if u didnt watch it yet i said because the pen has somewhere to sort of land (on top of ur index, middle, and ring fingers) so that the pinky spread can be executed easier.. again this is all just my opinion

12. SnowyKitten
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 05:58:01

for some reason i can not do spread from the TA release however i can do it from TA air or Twisted sonic air, both go into the pinky spread and i try to end with a twisted sonic motion however i usually end up either not catching it or having to much or to little rev and it doesnt go in

13. miyat
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 16:05:13

I find spreads really fun to do! The most difficult thing i find for me is land it in a slot. I need to start figuring out different ways to start the spread and end it.

14. Hyukan
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:42:40

mm... almost no tricks in penspinning are easy and look cool to the better penspinners. unless youre trying to impress friends that dont penspin, youre out of luck :]

15. KTrinh93
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 22:00:12

TPsLove wrote: for some reason i can not do spread from the TA release however i can do it from TA air or Twisted sonic air
    I don't really understand what the difference is between ta release and ta air.. imo they are pretty much the same thing..

16. RdHg
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 03:42:54

yes, finally did a decent looking midspread after like 10 minutes.

17. Gr3gY
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 09:21:57

WARNING: DO NOT TRY SPREADS WITH KTS TILL UR A PRO. IF U DONT CATCH IT PROPERLY.. good luck. pinky spreads are damn cool. point is my pinky does not have enough strength to push it -_- maybe i'll do some stretching or weightlifting with it first

18. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:47:01

the theory of spreads, is to hook the area in between the cap and the body hit it a little http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LoioM3_6Oo just a sample of my recent spreads. havent been practicing for awhile, soyeah

19. {TH}Enzo
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:38:43

NiA do spreads in what way? Horizontally or Vertically? Because I like the way he does spreads and it seems like I can't imitate his spread style. So much air and so much cont spreads!

20. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:59:03

{TH}Enzo wrote: NiA do spreads in what way? Horizontally or Vertically? Because I like the way he does spreads and it seems like I can't imitate his spread style. So much air and so much cont spreads!
    NiA does his spreads closer to horizontal, CreW does his closer to vertical. for me, to do aerial spreads requires my hand to be more vertical than normal continuous spreads. for normal spreads, i prefer hand horizontal for pinky, vertical-ish for ring, middle and index Oo" the key to doing more spreads is control and staying calm, it is also easier if the spreads don't leave your pinky as much...

21. {TH}Enzo
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 13:36:15

@i.suk I think I get what you're pointing out with the horizontal = pinky vertical = 1,2,3 LOL. We do the same..XD but, what bothers me is the "Air"?? I can't launch it properly like NiA's. Any advice?

22. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 14:09:47

i.suk wrote: the key to doing more spreads is control and staying calm, it is also easier if the spreads don't leave your pinky as much...
    agreed.. this is a huge thing especially with power tricks.. i noticed that when i try to do cont power tricks i get more tense and stressed out with each passing repetition of the trick.. staying calm is a huge psychological part of doing power tricks especially cont ones like spreads..

23. {TH}Enzo
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 11:42:18

i.suk wrote: it is also easier if the spreads don't leave your pinky as much...
    Wait, what do you mean? Like, the phasing is fast? Because the more the Pen doesn't leave my pinky much, the spread is hard to control..T_T I can only do 9. And I'm not satisfied. T_T my normal Pinky spread is ranging from 3-5. :( Also, I'm having a hard time when I spread in the Index, linking it in a combo. Heeelp? D:

24. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:46:27

{TH}Enzo wrote: Wait, what do you mean? Like, the phasing is fast? Because the more the Pen doesn't leave my pinky much, the spread is hard to control..
    i think i.suk means that if you do spreads so that the pen doesnt get too much air, then its easier to control the spread. it seems the opposite for you.. if you make the pen spread higher above your hand, then you need to put more rotations on the pen while its in the air and that is harder to control and keep consistent

25. Kirby
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 15:44:41

Whenever I do TA air to inky spread the pen just lands and gets stuck in the 34 slot. halp

26. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 16:12:02

Kirby wrote: Whenever I do TA air to inky spread the pen just lands and gets stuck in the 34 slot. halp
    look at my tutorial on pinky spreads and look at how i put my pinky in relationship to my other fingers esp my ring finger. i think i specifically mention why that happens and how to avoid it.. basically your pinky shouldnt be that far out from ur ring finger to make that slot.. my pinky is always like right up against my bent down middle finger.. like its parallel to it so that theres no space between my pinky and ring for the pen to fall in to

27. {TH}Enzo
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 12:01:04

@KTrinH93: Oh ..XD lol. I see but I think I improved my Pinky Spreads.. I can it do regularly like 5-7 cont Pinky Spread like about 25%. XDD thank you all for this thread!

28. Ice Cobra
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 05:27:02

KTrinH93's tutorial was awesome :] i never tried a spread before, and i can almost do the pinky spread. its sweet ^_^

29. KTrinh93
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 16:44:52

Ice Cobra wrote: KTrinH93's tutorial was awesome :] i never tried a spread before, and i can almost do the pinky spread. its sweet ^_^
    no problem ^_^ unfortunately due to time I cant make spread tutorials for every finger.. hopefully after you guys learn the pinky spread you can just transfer that knowledge to your other fingers like I said in my tutorial

30. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 04:59:27

KTrinh93 wrote: no problem ^_^ unfortunately due to time I cant make spread tutorials for every finger.. hopefully after you guys learn the pinky spread you can just transfer that knowledge to your other fingers like I said in my tutorial
    yea thats understandable :] all you do is just stick out a different finger basically x] so if u wanted to do a spread fall, just go down the fingers :P

31. KTrinh93
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 13:56:49

Ice Cobra wrote: yea thats understandable :] all you do is just stick out a different finger basically x] so if u wanted to do a spread fall, just go down the fingers :P
    yup i actually did a spread fall (sorta) in my video :P

32. walrus
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 22:58:53

im having trouble with spreads. can anyone help especially with the aireal kind?

33. Kirby
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 23:12:01

All spreads are arial........

34. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 23:15:27

A Spread is an aerial trick...
    says it right there so kirby is right but again for help go there..

35. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 00:36:13

teehee you guys fail at spelling aerial

36. miyat
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 01:06:29

i like spreads, but i stopped practicing them, ill probably come back to them later. for some reason i can spread easier with an mx then a metallic comssa.

37. LadyKillah
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 02:04:34

help me pinky speard plz!!

38. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 10:35:09

LadyKillah wrote: help me pinky speard plz!!
    in my spread tutorial, i use only pinky spreads so if you'd like, you can use that.

39. walrus
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 13:19:40

What angle should your hand be when making the spreads? i usually do diagonal but im not sure if thats right....

40. KTrinh93
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 00:54:12

Jan wrote: What angle should your hand be when making the spreads? i usually do diagonal but im not sure if thats right....
    there are different styles to spreading.. some people do them almost vertically (kUzu i think?) but its more common to have your hand tilted slightly diagonally or completely flat

41. walrus
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 18:55:00

KTrinh93 wrote: there are different styles to spreading.. some people do them almost vertically (kUzu i think?) but its more common to have your hand tilted slightly diagonally or completely flat
    which is eisier: the compleatly flat or diagonall?

42. Simplex
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 20:41:00

flat is much easier. supawit and crew tend to do more of a flat diagonal spread while peem and fire@fox tend to do more of a vertical spread.

43. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Sep 5 2010 23:21:53

Simplex wrote: flat is much easier. supawit and crew tend to do more of a flat diagonal spread while peem and fire@fox tend to do more of a vertical spread.
    agreed.. flat-diagonal is easiest.. i cant remember seeing peem do spreads vertically though o_O

44. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 23:08:42

peem does a flat-diagonal. and id say that for beginners start with vertical or flat-diagonal. try to then change positions of the hand so u can do all sorts of spreads. that's how i got spread fall. ^__^

45. KTrinh93
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 23:31:46

JackyMacky wrote: id say that for beginners start with vertical or flat-diagonal.
    what? i'd start off with flat or flat diagonal... imo vertical spreads are too hard to control.

46. Twine
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 06:29:02

I find that mainly horizontal with a slight vertical tip is the easiest way to do spreads. Btw, it's not just randomly hitting the pen up, the pen has a controlled receive and release.

47. PSVortex
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:35:42

what finger is the hardest to do spreads with.

48. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:29:06

PSVortex wrote: what finger is the hardest to do spreads with.
    index, control is very hard. then ring is next hardest

49. devaa
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 14:13:00

how to do the smooth spread ? my index spread not as smooth as springfield does

50. KTrinh93
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 21:52:54

PSVortex wrote: what finger is the hardest to do spreads with.
    For me, it's my index. It's the only finger that I haven't been able to do 8+ spreads on. Middle is next hardest for me because I can't ever move my hand to the correct position (probably due to lack of practice).

51. Knightpal
    Date: Tue, Oct 19 2010 16:09:41

Gr3gY wrote: WARNING: DO NOT TRY SPREADS WITH KTS TILL UR A PRO. IF U DONT CATCH IT PROPERLY.. good luck.
    Oh my G- I learned the hard way.

52. Atsume
    Date: Tue, Oct 19 2010 17:21:59

i started with vert spreads with a metal comssa

53. StarScream
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 22:06:09

What's the best trick to do before pinky spreads, and whats the best trick to do before air busts?

54. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 22:20:25

StarScream wrote: What's the best trick to do before pinky spreads, and whats the best trick to do before air busts?
    usually thumbaround to index spread before pinky spreads, it helps set up the angle and finger positioning for air busts, usually twisted sonic bust or normal busts

55. StarScream
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 23:04:04

I like to do, tw sonic > spider spin > pinky spread ^^ But i think a lot of people already use it

56. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 17:41:33

how can you tell that you will definitely tap the left side of the pen while it is spinning in the air?

57. scout
    Date: Wed, Dec 22 2010 22:10:26

I'm having troubles trying to time when my pinky or whatever finger catches the pen, because sometimes it's like straight and not sideways so I mess up doing the spread. Any way to fix this? Any timing kinda exercises and whatnot?

58. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Dec 25 2010 18:28:43

scout wrote: I'm having troubles trying to time when my pinky or whatever finger catches the pen, because sometimes it's like straight and not sideways so I mess up doing the spread. Any way to fix this? Any timing kinda exercises and whatnot?
    What do you mean by "straight and not sideways"? Also, this comes with *drumroll* practice! Spreads do take a while to get used to especially when doing them continuously. It takes practice to get used to the amount of force and the timing to get spreads to look nice and smooth.

59. scout
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 12:58:59

Like, you know how you have to catch the pen on one finger? It has to be sideways, like your hand goes from up to down, and the proper way to catch the pen is when the pen is going from left to right. But sometimes I catch it where the pen is up to down as well, and I can't catch it or know how long until I catch it.

60. iBlameLag
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 18:23:21

I find spreads hard for some reason. :/

61. walrus
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 22:29:29

do middle spreads, its the easiest since thats the longest finger. Make sure your hand is flat, not sideways. Curl your middle finger. Repeat that strait>curl movement every spread. Land the pen softly. Don't add too much air.

62. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 23:41:28

Imo, spreads get harder as they go up the hand from the pinky. I can easily do pinky spreads continuously but ring is harder (but still easy), middle is more difficult and index I can barely do. For some reason, I find that longer fingers are tougher to do spreads with because you have to move them more to get them out of the way of the spread so the pen doesn't suddenly stop when it hits your finger. That's just me.

63. chili pepper
    Date: Tue, Dec 28 2010 02:26:31

what's the current pinky spread record?

64. VikroaL
    Date: Tue, Dec 28 2010 03:37:12

428, I think ^^ [video=youtube;blvRQEzr2BM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blvRQEzr2BM[/video]

65. Van
    Date: Tue, Dec 28 2010 04:06:58

StarScream wrote: What's the best trick to do before pinky spreads, and whats the best trick to do before air busts?
    I'm trying a punkan

66. Rawrzapan
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 03:20:35

The first time is a mistake but I think the second attempt is sort of a spread. Am I right? [video=youtube;Nd8CUFK7H50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd8CUFK7H50[/video]

67. tcchaser523
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 08:19:30

I didn't know how spread is call spread and anyone can tell me?

68. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 21:07:55

As far as I know a spread is a Fl Around. So Index Spread would be a Fl Index Around. Correct me if I'm wrong.

69. Dylan
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 22:01:12

It's more of a fingerless .5 around to air cont. I think.

70. Rawrzapan
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 02:09:44

Nevermind.

71. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 04:07:31

general advice on spreads: use a long, heavy mod (like cyl, vicgotgame and variations etc) with COP (centre of pen) marked with a piece of electrical tape of contrasting colour (e.g. black tape on white mod), and spin over a background of contrasting colour to the pen (e.g. white mod over a dark bg) i find it easier to do large numbers of cont middle, ring and pinky spreads with the palm of the hand facing up/tilted, vertical hand is better for index spreads/spread fall variations, aerial spreads though imo; experiment with different angles for yourself and find what works better stay calm and hit the pen very close to the afore-marked COP, do not hit pen high into the air. the finger that you are doing the spreads with should be slightly curved/bent when it hits the pen for most spreads, it is easier to link into them with thumbaround > index spread > *insert spread on middle, ring or index finger etc*, (although it is also possibe to link from busts on different fingers, thumbaround release, devil's shadow 34-34, spiderspin, palmspins, pun kan and so on)

72. Nicetricks507
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 03:17:40

I can do the TA air and the pinky spread part, but I find it impossible to connect them. My problem is when the pen is in the air after the TA air, I can never seem to tap it right to perform a pinky spread >.< help

73. KTrinh93
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 04:30:28

Watch my tutorial. I explain the whole ta release > pinky spread and what happens during the aerial rotations.

74. Nicetricks507
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 20:03:42

Any tips on better control of the pen while its in the air?? cause thats where my main problem is, also does it matter what pen your doing this trick with..cause im trying to do it with an MX

75. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 20:45:12

Nicetricks507 wrote: Any tips on better control of the pen while its in the air?? cause thats where my main problem is, also does it matter what pen your doing this trick with..cause im trying to do it with an MX
    physics dictates it's pretty hard to change the movement of the pen much once it's already flying :P the control comes from how you hit the pen in first place, try to hit the pen up very little...the more the pen leaves your finger, the less control you have also maybe try it with waterfall/cheat comssa with centre of pen marked, or some other medium-heavy weight DC mod. mx is quite hard to do spreads with

76. jameszhong
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 10:51:00

spreed is a very useful trick in top combo! YOU help me a lot!

77. miyat
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 01:02:53

Thought I'd put some input here if i haven't yet. To get it smoother with less bouncing. Try doing TA air/ release or w.e you call it to spider spin. So you can practice having it land softer and have more control/balance on when it lands. Oh this is for having the hand upwards btw. I like to kind of pull my finger in as i release the pen from a spread. I don't think weight matters much for learning to spread, but dc and a soft body helps. The further the pen hits off the COG, the faster it will move around your finger during a spread.

78. Nicetricks507
    Date: Tue, Mar 22 2011 03:23:00

Hmm the pen seems to be just landing on the folded down fingers rather than my pinky>.>

79. Soren
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 16:01:33

spreads are so hard =[

80. Hyp3rLink(HpL)
    Date: Wed, Jul 27 2011 03:16:39

what's the easiest finger to learn the spreads?

81. Manman!
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 09:03:38

Can you help me on my multiple spreads? because I can only do 4 or 5 sometimes xD any tips??

82. Soren
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 09:34:53

there is already a thread for this http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=103&highlight=spreads please search before you make a new thread next time

83. Manman!
    Date: Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:53:43

Oh, ok sorry about that :)

84. Lucid
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 14:26:11

So first you do a shadow but don't catch it. Instead of catching it you bump it into the air. Then you do the part of a spread where you hit it with your finger. Than catch in any finger slot. Hoped you liked this and I hope people will use it.

85. Abyss
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 15:30:50

video please.

86. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 16:13:30

Umm do you mean like shadow release > spread? That's one way to start the trick, but I don't think it's new. o_O

87. flaming oracle
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 16:34:53

lol dude that just sound like some linkage trick

88. Soren
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 16:55:46

That's not really a new way to do spreads. It's more of a way to to start a spread. To me this is more of a linkage. I agree with ChainBreak, its seems like just a linkage of shadow release > spread .

89. RPD
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 17:20:57

No new ways to do power tricks, are overexploited... just IMO

90. JackyMacky
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 17:49:24

If it's related to spreads. Post in the the spreads thread............. -.-

91. flaming oracle
    Date: Sun, Jan 8 2012 18:50:44

really alot of tricks that can be arial done is just another linkage to spread if done right plus making new tricks are hard now these days

92. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 01:25:50

RPD wrote: No new ways to do power tricks, are overexploited... just IMO
    sorry to go off topic, but there are many new ways to do power tricks, just that hardly anyone does them

93. Boxxy
    Date: Mon, Jan 9 2012 02:37:21

before i read 1 post im gonna say ive given up on spreads because i find them hard and partially hard to understand

94. EffecT
    Date: Wed, Jan 11 2012 08:34:10

needed help, because i only can do 2 pinky spreads, i cant do it continuously, anyone know how?

95. RaM
    Date: Wed, Jan 11 2012 14:00:34

Supergirl wrote: That's not really a new way to do spreads. It's more of a way to to start a spread. To me this is more of a linkage. I agree with ChainBreak, its seems like just a linkage of shadow release > spread .
    you can do spreads with ta > spread. easier. @ProSpinnerX : it takes time. practice harder to do it.

96. Soren
    Date: Wed, Jan 11 2012 15:30:34

fQ.RaM wrote: you can do spreads with ta > spread. easier. @ProSpinnerX : it takes time. practice harder to do it.
    I know.

97. AmericanPenNinja
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 05:22:07

Is it ok if i catch it in thumb around position? other people go palm down and catch it in 12

98. Abyss
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 06:03:31

AmericanPenNinja wrote: Is it ok if i catch it in thumb around position? other people go palm down and catch it in 12
    Well it's personal preference ;/

99. Chobi
    Date: Sat, Jan 21 2012 06:35:10

I've almost completely given up on spreads. The trick itself's not for me. ;) 90% of the time it ends up as a spiderspin, and when i actually manage to do ONE, I end up not catching it. sosad, working on 6x TA instead lol :/

100. Neko_cat
    Date: Mon, Jan 23 2012 12:51:48

[video=youtube;b1hydGC7a5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1hydGC7a5A[/video]

101. Fate
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 15:09:28

Sometimes i spread with my pinky very well and catch it perfectly but 1 out of 10. How should i make it 10 out of 10? Man...So hard....

102. BeyondEminence
    Date: Sun, Jun 3 2012 22:58:37

I dunno why but i can only spread with tw sonic bust>Pinky spread.... Its at least 1-28768103476-9173-754-237468-9y7476=13476=23476E=mc^2 times easier for me (y is now a number btw)

103. n00bSpinner
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 06:34:33

When I try spread the pen goes flying

104. Kyoflow
    Date: Tue, Jun 5 2012 06:48:34

n00bSpinner wrote: When I try spread the pen goes flying
    well, it is an aerial trick so the pen should probably fly a bit...but if you mean it goes flying away from you, thats probably because you havent learned the trick yet. where exactly is the pen flying? and spreads arent exactly easy, so itll take quite a bit of practice to execute them with good control

105. agillitrhiz
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 10:24:08

i saw many people doing pinky spreads with a ta,but,FaaarPS(youtube name),didn't do the ta. is a pinky spread only considered one with a ta,or can also be considered without ta,like FaaarPS?

106. Gash
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 11:10:55

Far was simply just showing you what a single Pinky Spread looks like. You should start learning it with the TA in my opinion. Once you master the TA version, you can easily do it without TA. For example Charge T1-> Powerpass 12-34 ~ Pinkyspread. There's already another thread on Pinky Spread, you should really post in that thread :) Here you go... http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=103&highlight=spread

107. Alex
    Date: Sun, Jul 8 2012 23:26:17

It was hard for me to do spreads in the beginning . Now i can do pinky spreads just not sure which direction they are supposed to spin

108. Eazy
    Date: Sat, Jul 28 2012 04:32:49

Help! When i spread palm up, my pen keeps hitting my other fingers, or i hit it too hard with my pinky. But when i spread palm vertically, it is easier to get 1, but very hard to control multiples. Currently i can do 1 spread consistently using palm verical, 0 using palm up. however sometimes, with pure dumb luck, i get up to 3 with palm up... Any tips?

109. TerryAngX
    Date: Mon, Jul 30 2012 08:15:41

do the finger that ur are doing spreads with "hit" the pen or "lift" the pen ??

110. Kyoflow
    Date: Mon, Jul 30 2012 21:18:07

@Eazy are you doing spreads fingers extended or curled in? Generally for pinky spreads you curl in your fingers to keep it out of the way. Im pretty sure it also works with other fingers if u can extend them individually. If not, work on finger flexibility so you can hyper extend far enough to keep them out of the way. As for doing more than 1, just practice a lot :P

111. vertaz
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 22:51:49

TerryAngX wrote: do the finger that ur are doing spreads with "hit" the pen or "lift" the pen
    I suppose it is more like a lift than a hit because it doesn't take a lot of force. It is kind of like "catching" it with your finger and then lifting your finger up so that the pen flies off. It is important to note that it is a very controlled release and therefore you should not try to hit the pen so that it wont spin off in some random direction. I think of it as hooking the pen with your finger and then letting it fly off.

112. Obstracized
    Date: Fri, Sep 14 2012 07:47:33

Any tips on Pink Spread Continious?

113. Obstracized
    Date: Fri, Oct 5 2012 16:28:31

Apologies for Double-Posting, but I want to bump this Thread. Is there any way to find out the Correct Timing to know when to hit the pen up a 2nd time for the 2nd Spread? I find it quite hard to find that Timing.

114. fang
    Date: Fri, Oct 5 2012 17:10:05

Obstracized wrote: Apologies for Double-Posting, but I want to bump this Thread. Is there any way to find out the Correct Timing to know when to hit the pen up a 2nd time for the 2nd Spread? I find it quite hard to find that Timing.
    It is, I thought the timing was one of the most hard parts of the spread. I practiced this to hold the pen in the slot I want to spread it, and only trew it one time and catched it back in the same slot. If you practice this, you are going to see you start to find the timing. If you can do this without mistakes, try then 2 times or more.

115. Obstracized
    Date: Fri, Oct 5 2012 17:50:06

fang wrote: It is, I thought the timing was one of the most hard parts of the spread. I practiced this to hold the pen in the slot I want to spread it, and only trew it one time and catched it back in the same slot. If you practice this, you are going to see you start to find the timing. If you can do this without mistakes, try then 2 times or more.
    Okay, thanks. I will do just that and see if it helps.

116. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Oct 5 2012 18:25:40

also do practise catching the pen after the first spread at the correct position to do another, the position where u originally started at

117. Obstracized
    Date: Sat, Oct 6 2012 03:47:21

Alvaris wrote: also do practise catching the pen after the first spread at the correct position to do another, the position where u originally started at
    I will Alvaris. Thanks.

118. exile_vindicator
    Date: Thu, Jan 17 2013 15:56:35

Hey guys, actually i'm having some difficulities on learning spread. I watched some videos many times, but i still don't get it. I missed a lot when i try to tap with my pinky. And when it lands on my pinky i don't really get it how to release it. Any tips? Or a bit of teaching maybe

119. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Thu, Jan 17 2013 17:47:03

basically do a ta -> ta release to practice, once you can do that consistent, then start lightly tapping the pen with your pinky (since that one's the easiest to start with when dealing with spreads), you want to kinda hook it with your fingertip while tapping it (it'd be easier to show you, but I'm no going to do that so hopefully you understand what I mean). If the pen isn't flying towards your face when doing this, then you're doing it wrong. Once you get it using your pinky try switching between fingers to get a better feel of the difference between them, after that start working on continuous.

120. Kcom2002
    Date: Thu, Jan 17 2013 22:22:07

Do a ta release with a small height. This will give your more control over the pen. Stick out your pinky and hook the pen. Practice hooking the pen over and over again. Once you get the hang of that start hooking lightly and pushing the pen up at the same time. If you can't do it. That's alright. Keep practicing that part over and over again and you'll eventually get it. If that still doesn't help go on youtube and have a look at some slomos.

121. exile_vindicator
    Date: Sat, Jan 19 2013 06:50:28

It's bit hard hooking the pen, i think the hardest part from learning spread is hooking the pen. Btw, thanks for the tutor. Oh, and is spread consider as a powertrick?

122. 20%
    Date: Sat, Jan 19 2013 07:17:31

yes hooking can be hard and yes spread is a power trick

123. Zakaryi
    Date: Sun, Jan 20 2013 02:57:39

what time in penspinning should we learn spreads? (How experienced should you be to learn spreads)

124. EffecT
    Date: Wed, Jan 23 2013 10:15:42

u can learn spreads anytime if u had learnt the basics to master it.

125. Obstracized
    Date: Wed, Jan 23 2013 12:41:40

There is already a Thread about Spreads Here. Please Search before Posting next time. You can get the help you wanted from the Link above.

126. Heckload
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 05:29:55

I'm practicing Pinky Spread and I need tips and help. After the TA Release how do I get my mod to land where I want it to? 'Cause when also I hit it with my pinky I can't catch it!!

127. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 06:26:24

Do you even bother to watch the tutorials and slomos?

128. Heckload
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 08:08:06

I do. It's just that sometimes I can't understand it...

129. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 08:30:51

Hmmm i know what you mean... you should come on tc and see how people do it

130. Obstracized
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 09:45:12

There is already a Thread on this. Please search before posting next time. Anyways, This should help a little.

131. Khelthy
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 07:10:38

Whenever I try to do a pinky spread, instead of catching/tapping the pen with my pinky, the pen just hits the knuckles of my other fingers. Any tips?

132. Obstracized
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 08:56:28

Khelthy wrote: Whenever I try to do a pinky spread, instead of catching/tapping the pen with my pinky, the pen just hits the knuckles of my other fingers. Any tips?
    You need to get the correct amount of timing to make the pen land on your Pinky Finger. This comes with practice.

133. Argon_City
    Date: Tue, Apr 23 2013 20:52:26

How long will it take to be able to do multiple spreads? I can do a pinky spread after a ta release perfectly, but never more than once.

134. Season
    Date: Sat, Jun 29 2013 20:28:13

When i do spreads, how come when i hit the pen with my pinky, it never goes high enough to land back in the 12 slot. Am i not using enough force?

135. 20%
    Date: Sun, Jun 30 2013 13:13:57

Season;263497]When i do spreads, how come when i hit the pen with my pinky, it never goes high enough to land back in the 12 slot. Am i not using enough force?[/QUOTE] hit the pen abit harder, only a bit if that no help, move your hand up, like in elevate motion (excuse my english) [QUOTE=Argon_City wrote: How long will it take to be able to do multiple spreads? I can do a pinky spread after a ta release perfectly, but never more than once.
    practice, it can take month maybe or even a few week :3

136. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Jun 30 2013 18:49:27

Argon_City wrote: How long will it take to be able to do multiple spreads? I can do a pinky spread after a ta release perfectly, but never more than once.
    It's pretty easy to amass to more spreads. Don't do the TA release, it wastes time. Just place it in the pinky position and do spreads. Keep doing it and catch it in the right place. Then do another one. When you make the gap quicker and quicker until it is gone, you have mastered it.

137. Alex
    Date: Sun, Jun 30 2013 19:16:40

Yeah you probably aren't using enough force. Just keep practicing.

138. Dott
    Date: Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:04:57

After watching some tutorials, this is depressing. I don't get how the pinky spread is done... I'm not sure which part I don't get it, I tried to start off with a aerial thumbaround suggested by KTrinh93 and tried to just start off from the pinky but I can't get it to do a aerial spin which allows me to catch it.

139. Dakrowl
    Date: Tue, Sep 24 2013 13:06:29

Dott wrote: After watching some tutorials, this is depressing. I don't get how the pinky spread is done... I'm not sure which part I don't get it, I tried to start off with a aerial thumbaround suggested by KTrinh93 and tried to just start off from the pinky but I can't get it to do a aerial spin which allows me to catch it.
    Never watch ktrinh's tutorials

140. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, Sep 24 2013 15:33:43

*living example I watched KTrinh's tutorial on powertricks after 2.5years, i was never a powertricker true story watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-R93lRLfg

141. Dott
    Date: Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:33:54

Dakrowl;269649]Never watch ktrinh's tutorials[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Walkaz wrote: *living example I watched KTrinh's tutorial on powertricks after 2.5years, i was never a powertricker true story watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-R93lRLfg
    I agree that his video doesn't help a lot despite a long video but aren't you guys gonna help me on this forum? D:

142. Dakrowl
    Date: Wed, Sep 25 2013 12:28:27

Dott wrote: I agree that his video doesn't help a lot despite a long video but aren't you guys gonna help me on this forum? D:
    No, just watch other videos and practice. That's it, that's the only way old timers can help you

143. Infiknight
    Date: Mon, Nov 4 2013 09:23:06

pinky

144. Court34
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 13:20:06

god i have been trying to even attempt spreads for a couple of months but can't do them. What am i doing wrong?

145. Monk
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 15:27:56

When learning tricks, be consistent and use the same mod everytime you practice.

146. Zen
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 16:37:42

Monk wrote: When learning tricks, be consistent and use the same mod everytime you practice.
    Well in order to be consistent, wouldn't he need to be able to do it on any mod? Or at least on a number of mods. If he needs precision, then he has to be able to spread on more then just one mod. Spreads are relatively easier when you spin a longer/heavier mod. But i always try to do them on pencils/regular pens. If you can spread on those, you can spread on anything. I also find that a softer body, just makes everything better. It just feels nice. Try practicing on the Joey Dc mod of your @Court34. It has a nice smooth body

147. Monk
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 17:46:36

Zen wrote: Well in order to be consistent, wouldn't he need to be able to do it on any mod? Or at least on a number of mods. If he needs precision, then he has to be able to spread on more then just one mod. Spreads are relatively easier when you spin a longer/heavier mod. But i always try to do them on pencils/regular pens. If you can spread on those, you can spread on anything. I also find that a softer body, just makes everything better. It just feels nice. Try practicing on the Joey Dc mod of your @Court34. It has a nice smooth body
    What's the point of being consistent if you can't even master the trick? If you keep switching mods, you will have to keep adjusting to the new weight, length, etc. Learn the trick on one mod and that will make it easier for you to be consistent afterwards.

148. Zen
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 18:24:25

Monk wrote: What's the point of being consistent if you can't even master the trick? If you keep switching mods, you will have to keep adjusting to the new weight, length, etc. Learn the trick on one mod and that will make it easier for you to be consistent afterwards.
    True. But then what you said about consistency in your first post would be incorrect. Learn the trick on one mod then be consistent and master it, is what you are saying if i am not mistaken.

149. Monk
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 18:55:10

Zen wrote: True. But then what you said about consistency in your first post would be incorrect. Learn the trick on one mod then be consistent and master it, is what you are saying if i am not mistaken.
    Your whole idea of consistency of a trick is different than mine. Learn the trick and be able to execute it flawlessly on that one mod before switching to another one.

150. Zen
    Date: Sun, Jun 15 2014 19:00:02

Let's just agree to disagree here. Before the moderators step in.