UPSB v4

General Discussion / Off hand training

1. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 07:34:56

Do you think it would be better to master tricks on your dominant hand first, then start on your off hand? Or try to focus on it earlier so you can teach both hands new tricks around the same time? Tell me what you guys think would be better. ps sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong section or if someone already made a similar thread (I couldn't find one).

2. Eazy
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 11:09:28

IMO: I personally train with my dominant hand first, but then I'm not much of a 2 hand spinner. But I guess It's better to train with your dominant hand first, then move on to the other hand, unless your are as competent with your off hand as with your dominant hand (like your off hand skill is on par with your dominant hand). Because I think your dominant hand is easier to control and learn new tricks, and once you learn the trick and know the concept of the trick, you can apply it to your off hand and you can know what you're supposed to do, and what you're not supposed to do during a trick, thus making learning the trick faster.

3. utkarsh
    Date: Sat, Mar 17 2012 11:44:37

Training with both the hands will rather be better, though you would learn faster with your dominant hand, but practice with both of them.

4. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Mar 17 2012 12:45:01

If you look at 1P2H videos, you'll see that the off hand often supports the main hand rather than being equal in tricks.

5. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Mar 17 2012 13:30:46

I trained both hands at the same time, if you want to be a true 2 handed spinner do it that way, if you just want two handed elements focus on one hand first. You'll get better faster if you focus on one hand.