UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / [Help] Shadow (sonic to shadow difficulty)

1. Armonster
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 18:40:42

I've been doing the shadow in a way where I need to move my hand to get momentum going for it, but have been able to do it occasionally where I don't really need the hand movement to get the momentum and can do it with just my fingers pretty much. When I do the sonic, there is no hand movement or momentum, it's all fingers. So when I try to transition from the finger only movement to the hand movement, there's not much momentum behind it, and it's an awkward transition. So I'm wondering: should I use a hand movement with the sonic so there's already the hand movement going and momentum there for the shadow, and it'll look nice and stuff. Or should I learn the shadow more with just using the fingers and less hand movements and just do them both using mostly fingers and little hand motion or jerking? Or should I just keep going how it is now, finger movement to the hand movement, and keep at it - will it get more fluid and better? Thanks guys! This transition just isn't very good for me. It's odd and clunky.

2. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 19:08:29

@Armonster it depends on what your style is. how you want it to look. to me, using momentum would be easier

3. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 19:36:12

Learn to do a shadow with a charge motion as opposed to swinging your hand around.

4. Danny116
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 22:17:27

should've been asked in the thread for shadow help :/ but yea, just get used to throwing the shadow with a charge, then linking it with the sonic would be no problem.

5. Boxxy
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 00:40:55

I do it in every way I can... hand motion start, Charge start, sonic start, infinity. Those are the only ways though.