UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / [PMDB] Pen Modding DataBase

1. RPD
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 21:39:00

Hi! After more than half a year working on our project, Ikari Riota and I, RPD, would like to present our new website about penmodding: PMDB We came up with the idea when we felt the need to compile all the information about penmodding scattered all over the boards and the blogs. At first we only added the name of the mod and its creator, as well as the links to the tutorials, but currently we are working on some new features, such as: - Name, creator, weight, lenght, style and writing-mechanism of more than 400 mods. - Links to the original tutorials in any of these four languages: English, Spanish, French or German. - Backup copies of some tutorials, no chance of losing them! - A little blog where we, the staff, will be bringing you some news. - A suggestion box to help us improve. - Site fully available in two languages: English and Spanish We are working on these features at the moment, they will be fully released anytime soon. We have put way too much effort and time in this project, so we hope you enjoy it as much as we do ^^ ORIGINAL POST IN SPIN ALONG: http://spinalong.com/blog/?p=6643&lang=en Well, just wanted to say some things specially here, in UPSB: - Traduction may be a bit poor, tha same as the web interface. Its kinda complicated and you may find bugs. If you find anyone, please report that to us, in the suggestions section. We will fix it asap :P - We will get a new domain name soon, and a new hosting. But my age (14) complicates the things a bit in here. Actual web may be slow. - Picool didn't knew about our project, we didn't knew about his project also. We're both equally surprised, no one copied the other. - The most important, enjoy! [SIZE="6"]THE WEB => www.moddingdb.comli.com[/SIZE]

2. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 22:01:58

This website needs a hell of a lot of work, it is messy, the mods have no description and the tutorials can consist of just a couple more pictures of the mod with vague breakdown.

3. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 23:22:04

why am i forced to register? i dont want to, and im pretty sure im not the only one out there. remove that limitation if u want a lot of people to use it. Frog~

4. RPD
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 23:31:44

Oh sorry, I forgot doing that after the closed period of the web. I'm removing it right now, thx @Froggy

5. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 23:37:12

now i cant find the language button. how do i change it to english? Frog~

6. webspider
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 00:09:26

You guys should rather cooperate with the Penmod-Search from Picool and iColor.

7. RPD
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 17:22:21

@webspider we are not considering that for the moment. Two persons don't work together just because they make the same product.

8. webspider
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 17:46:27

I'm only suggesting that for quality and efficiency reasons. You wouldn't waste time with making your DB access good to use, since the other solution is quite good. And since their solution lacks mods and also uses a handmade db, the people who've worked on your project and migrate can spend their time with adding or improving already existing mod tutorials. It's a win-win for both sides involved. I really don't see anything speaking against that way of doing things except for personal reasons (like pride).

9. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 21:24:38

@RPD D: wut u have me in it....? name change request to Froggy please :P even when i posted the tutorials under my previous name ^_^ Frog~

10. sopi
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 22:08:16

only use ponkotus blog and you don't need any of these pages ;D

11. VikroaL
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 16:22:27

sopibunny wrote: only use ponkotus blog and you don't need any of these pages ;D
    Yeah because ponkotu's blog has a tutorial for every penmod in the world. Yep.
    Spoiler

12. Chu-Yung
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 03:23:55

It's not letting me click the register button. :/

13. RPD
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 15:11:30

@Chu-Yung Another person, from spsc, also told me that he had that problem. I can't understand it. The only idea I had is to put a simplified form, with less things. Simplified register form Also, we're adding more data, like weight, length, style (dc or sc), description and other stats. example Next week I will be fully dedicated to the website, so if someone has more ideas, please say them :D

14. johndspinner99
    Date: Fri, Mar 23 2012 06:45:51

what is this??

15. VikroaL
    Date: Fri, Mar 23 2012 09:10:06

johndspinner99 wrote: what is this??
    Why don't you spend 10 seconds reading? At least the first post, it's not that much.

16. sarugio
    Date: Fri, Mar 23 2012 16:42:24

i don't get why you make a website for tutorial that link to a nother website? why not making and transelating the whole tutorial? i mean most of the tutorial there is linked to another site