UPSB v4

Presentation / Laggy/Smooth Spinning Video

1. walrus
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 20:24:46

depending on the pen or the lighting around, the pen either lags or is really smooth looking when i spin it on camera. Ive noticed that when under one of those "orange street lights" it makes it look like there is 5 pens at once and makes a nice pen spinning illution. Anybody else know any tricks or ways to make presentation for combos look better???

2. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 20:40:25

ur spinning looks good depending on (imo) 2 main factors.. ur angle, and ur style/linkages.. ur angle is an obvious factor about filming combos.. such as filming from behind the hand is generally a no no as well as from underneath.. style/linkages i think are quite self explanatory.. the smoother u make your style and linkages, the more appealing it looks..

3. XYZaki
    Date: Wed, Jul 28 2010 16:41:43

jan wrote: Ive noticed that when under one of those "orange street lights" it makes it look like there is 5 pens at once and makes a nice pen spinning illution.
    That's because the light only reaches some parts of the pen so while you're spinning, some parts aren't as visible.

4. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Jul 29 2010 02:46:40

jan wrote: depending on the pen or the lighting around, the pen either lags or is really smooth looking when i spin it on camera. Ive noticed that when under one of those "orange street lights" it makes it look like there is 5 pens at once and makes a nice pen spinning illution. Anybody else know any tricks or ways to make presentation for combos look better???
    that "illusion" looks terrible on camera check out some of kin's videos to see what it would look like on camera

5. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jul 30 2010 08:31:21

I think it might actually look cool on a good 29.97/30 FPS camera, of course there would be a lot of noise. Kin's videos are like that because his exposure is too low. He probably keeps it like that because it's a happy medium because his webcam doesn't support fixed 29.97/30 fps.

6. neXus
    Date: Fri, Jul 30 2010 22:07:19

A "good" camera can work with less exposure and won't create this effect in the first place.

7. Dylan
    Date: Thu, Nov 4 2010 00:52:41

XYZaki wrote: That's because the light only reaches some parts of the pen so while you're spinning, some parts aren't as visible.
    I don't know if this is what you meant, but It's because the light is actually strobing (flashing) and it catches the pen only at certain points in each spin, the other parts, everything is dark, same thing in front of a t.v.

8. iBlameLag
    Date: Mon, Dec 27 2010 18:48:06

Same, did anybody come up with a solution?

9. time
    Date: Wed, Dec 29 2010 23:13:32

get better lighting

10. Morpheus
    Date: Thu, Dec 30 2010 06:23:21

it doesnt really matter if your video is laggy or smooth if your spinning doesnt look good (like bad linkages or a lot of stopping). basically what KTrinh93 said

11. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Dec 31 2010 22:39:50

ok. make a vicgotgame mod, get those glowstik bracelets, and stik it into the mod. solution solved, 'nuff said. :D