UPSB v4

Off-topic / Best Tasting Alcohol

1. Krypton
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:29:58

What, in your opinion is the best tasting alcohol? Please describe the taste also. I might take up drinking solely as an indulgence. I'm looking for something relatively cheap, not too strong of a flavor and won't make me extremely drunk. I'm thinking vodka or white wine.

2. I Need BrainZ!
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:20:05

This. I question the possibility of finding it though outside Greece. I think it is sold online. It is relatively cheap, the flavor is awesome. Why? Well, have you ever tasted any alcohol drink? They all have that crappy ethanol taste. The thing why Mavrodafni is though, that it is not left to complete fermentation, therefore it still has sugars and a very sweet taste.

Spoiler
    It is rare, so I do not know the price of it online, but here in stores it is ~14 Euro per bottle I think. Pretty cheap.

3. Krypton
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:53:11

Sounds amazing. I don't know much about drinks, but I was told that Chardonnay is sweet, and the cheapest costs about ~USD8 per case. Well, I've drank red wine at weddings. Horrible stuff.

4. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 13:03:51

tea and whiskey. or man up and drink straight whiskey. Beer is also good.

5. juggalo666666
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 13:19:18

The taste of sobriety.

6. neXus
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 13:22:05

I like Vodka because it's relatively cheap and can be mixed with pretty much everything. So you can just take a drink you like and add vodka.

7. Yamaguchi
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 13:25:47

starbucks

8. Krypton
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 13:36:19

I'm partial towards vodka. I happen to know that you yourself like Russian vodka, neXus. I'll try buying some tomorrow, but thing is, you gotta be 18 and above to buy, while drunk bastards from my school used to buy them all the time, and they were 14. No, to be fair, I shall carefully evaluate everyone's opinion. But nobody said scotch?

9. I Need BrainZ!
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 15:37:12

The thing is though, that this is not red wine exactly. It is sweet. As I have told you, this wine is not sold somewhere else than Greece or on the internet(beware of fakes :D). The fermentation is not complete in this one(fermentation is the process in which sugars from must are converted into ethanol. Not being complete means that the fermentation process even continues in your stomach and that the taste is sweet because is has a hell of sugars. Red wine is not so bad(expensive), but the 9 euro one is really really bad.

Mavrodafni is a dark, almost opaque wine with a dark purple reflected color and a purple-brown transmitted color. It presents aromas and flavors of caramel, chocolate, coffee, raisins and plums. -Wikipedia :D

10. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 16:36:31

Tequila. and Desperados

11. funnky
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 16:57:12

Krypton wrote: What, in your opinion is the best tasting alcohol? Please describe the taste also. I might take up drinking solely as an indulgence. I'm looking for something relatively cheap, not too strong of a flavor and won't make me extremely drunk. I'm thinking vodka or white wine.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. browndog12
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 17:27:35

chocolate schnapps schnopps schnurps i dont know what it is

13. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 18:39:47

sounds like you need to drink smirnoff ice or mikes hard lemonade you fucking pussy.

14. Reason
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 20:41:05

lol... i once had plum mead. it was pretty sweet but not over powering. besides that i say just make a white russian. im not big on drinking myself... thc ftw!!

15. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 20:42:19

First pick I recommend to anyone that just started drinking: Vodka with Sprite, drink thru straw. Then it would be: Whiskey with Green Tea (preferably the sweeter ones) Midori with Milk (melon milkshake yummy) and some of those common cocktails are good or if you're not into mixing: Rum oh if you prefer wine: Chardonnay is pretty good, its fruity and gives a buttery texture ;) Frog~

16. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 20:44:17

Krypton wrote: I'm partial towards vodka. I happen to know that you yourself like Russian vodka, neXus. I'll try buying some tomorrow, but thing is, you gotta be 18 and above to buy, while drunk bastards from my school used to buy them all the time, and they were 14. No, to be fair, I shall carefully evaluate everyone's opinion. But nobody said scotch?
    I said whiskey.... Scotch is just a type of whiskey. I would recommend a blended Canadian whiskey if you're just starting out I am also happy Froggy suggested tea and whiskey. I was beginning to think I was the only one

17. AoD1
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 20:44:40

rum, gin, baileys

18. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 21:13:35

You will be surprised how many people drink whiskey with green tea in hk... Some of my friends also drinks whiskey with water cuz its less sweet... But i cant stand that taste so i dont recommend it unless u wanna drink "healthy" Frog~

Awesome wrote: I said whiskey.... Scotch is just a type of whiskey. I would recommend a blended Canadian whiskey if you're just starting out I am also happy Froggy suggested tea and whiskey. I was beginning to think I was the only one

19. papa happy
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 21:17:03

beer :D all day everyday

20. Sc00t
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 21:38:02

mas cal demoura it stings but its delicious

21. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 21:51:00

Jägermeister + green tea -> nice taste Vodka + orange juice -> standart Vodka + energy drink -> night drink wine + cola -> for one shots white rum (barcadi is good) + cola + a bit of lime juice -> refreshing if mixed correctly Jack Daniels + cola -> for long nights chocolate liquor + rum(anything that goes along with the taste) + wipped cream on top -> awesomeness (make it a shot and drink without using your hands) (sun)

22. Sekai
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 22:13:38

i think sly may say he likes vodka e_e

23. CAHarmony
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 22:40:12

how did the 12 year olds not die from drinking vodka

24. Vassenato
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 22:48:53

Vodka is good. The good stuff is almost tasteless and goes down like water and the bad stuff goes down kinda easy too with a chaser. Also beer but that goes without saying.

25. Raos
    Date: Tue, Mar 6 2012 23:06:27

my favorite beer that I know of and not that cheap and not that expensive is corona extra and Heineken

26. Kari
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 00:18:26

Strawberry sparkling wine.

27. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 00:19:44

Oh btw baileys is good... ...Until u puke it out Frog~

28. sangara
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 01:14:50

Amaretto :wub: I just drink it straight along with most of my alcohols, then again I don't really drink.

29. boshi
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 05:39:43

bailey irish cream. that stuff makes me wish i could drink alcohol legally.

30. Kirby
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 05:43:19

4loko. Energy drink with alochol yo

31. kaku
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 05:46:25

Not much of a drinker, but vodka + pretty much anything is good.

32. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 06:40:18

To anyone that likes to eat hot chili stuffs, and believes that adding chili sauce to anything makes that thing just taste a lot better.. like @Alvaris ... ... ... ... ... ... Vodka + Chili Sauce :trollface: Frog~

kaku wrote: Not much of a drinker, but vodka + pretty much anything is good.

33. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 06:43:11

"eating", not "drinking"

34. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 06:44:01

it works both ways :trollface: someone should try, srs Frog~

35. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:22:32

Eww Alva. But maybe that's his secret to his spinning, you guys shouldn't jeer at him. Btw, I did some scouting, and vodkas at the supermarket below my office are relatively expensive, about USD40 a bottle. What do I look for when choosing vodkas? The lady kept glaring at me lol, since I'm not legally able to purchase alcohol yet.

36. SJ
    Date: Sun, Sep 2 2012 05:09:52

lets bring this thread back. any newcomers to the world of alcohol?

37. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Sep 2 2012 19:38:06

had my first party last night. dranks shots like a mofo fuck. 60% triple sec 20% patron/20% coconut rum was delish

38. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Sep 3 2012 09:52:30

I've tried some stuff since then. Beer with relatively low alcohol content is pretty pleasant, once I've got over the malty bitter at the start. Quite expensive though, since I only buy the good German stuff instead of the nasty China made shit. I've also had some cases of scotch lying around, and I took a few sips and had a headache. Smells great though, and I might get into drinking scotch because of Barney. White wine is just ehh. I've had a few sips of Riesling(?) and had another headache. Might try gin one day though, because I've been drinking this delicious beverage called Bundaberg Lemons Limes and Bitters, and I was told it tastes like gin and tonic without the alcohol.

39. sangara
    Date: Tue, Sep 4 2012 16:12:42

Stella.

40. UEDan
    Date: Sun, Sep 9 2012 00:58:47

Mount Gay Rum. No joke. Smoothest rum I've ever had.

41. Resonance
    Date: Mon, Sep 10 2012 19:36:30

I would like to make an honorary mention of Goldstar beer. Most definitely not the best tasting alcohol I had, so it might not be what you're looking for, but it's the first beer I ever tried that tastes like.... rust. And I'm saying that in the best way possible. It tastes like rust, and it's awesome. No idea how easy is it to find it anywhere outside of Israel though...

42. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Mon, Sep 10 2012 20:33:16

isopropyl

43. Frip
    Date: Tue, Sep 11 2012 03:59:40

UEDan wrote: Mount Gay Rum. No joke. Smoothest rum I've ever had.
    lol I second this otherwise just vodka or jager + triple x vitamin water :whut:

44. Vassenato
    Date: Thu, Sep 13 2012 02:05:55

If you aint drinkin stoli then fuck you. seriously stoli is the mofucking bees knees son

45. UEDan
    Date: Thu, Sep 13 2012 03:08:19

Serious shit dude. The bee's knees? How drunk are you ya crazy son of a bitch?! Posted from a fone.

46. Vassenato
    Date: Thu, Sep 13 2012 15:18:14

UEDan wrote: Serious shit dude. The bee's knees? How drunk are you ya crazy son of a bitch?! Posted from a fone.
    i was stone cold sober when i posted that lol

47. Colin
    Date: Fri, Sep 14 2012 05:59:45

Vassenato wrote: If you aint drinkin stoli then fuck you. seriously stoli is the mofucking bees knees son
    Is it really that good? Ive been seeing it a lot lately at parties and shit. GreyfuckingGoose. Smoother than fucking water

48. SJ
    Date: Fri, Sep 14 2012 07:18:31

Colin wrote: Is it really that good? Ive been seeing it a lot lately at parties and shit. GreyfuckingGoose. Smoother than fucking water
    so u think ur cool cuz u go to parties and drink grey goose? i double dare you to drink a cupful of grey goose. ill drink a cup of water. lets see who can keep a straight face nig

49. Vassenato
    Date: Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:36:05

Colin wrote: Is it really that good? Ive been seeing it a lot lately at parties and shit. GreyfuckingGoose. Smoother than fucking water
    its pretty fucking good and way cheaper than greyfuckinggoose.

50. UEDan
    Date: Sat, Sep 15 2012 05:49:05

Posted from a fone.

51. UEDan
    Date: Sat, Sep 15 2012 05:49:48

What's in front of mg me Posted from a fone.

52. Colin
    Date: Sun, Sep 16 2012 05:21:03

SJ;224414]so u think ur cool cuz u go to parties and drink grey goose? i double dare you to drink a cupful of grey goose. ill drink a cup of water. lets see who can keep a straight face nig[/QUOTE] u mad? u mad. I dont go to parties, ive been to four, one where i actually got fucked up. chill. [QUOTE=Vassenato wrote: its pretty fucking good and way cheaper than greyfuckinggoose.
    willtry.

53. Twine
    Date: Sun, Sep 16 2012 06:19:28

RTDs are yum. Anything else is yuck. I get too talkative when I get drunk and say what I actually think. It's a bad thing so I don't get drunk yet still manage to be the life of the party ;D