UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / PC problem :help:

1. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 13:54:19

hi all i've a problem with my laptop (medion akoya x7811) i can't do UT3(unreal tournament3) above to 30 FPS -__- it's now 10-15 fps (and then i've a bit luck) System Requirements: - 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor - 1 GBytes of System RAM - NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card - 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space i've: Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6 GHz -4GB of system RAM -ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 -more than 300 GB Free Hard drive Space and there are a few more games with the same problem but than worse like -APB reloaded -Blacklight Retribution -even minecraft sometimes please help me :help:

2. Mats
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 14:15:18

Are you playing UT3 with the settings in game turned down? Don't run it on full settings.

3. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 14:31:31

you have virus+spywares

4. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 16:12:43

Zombo wrote: you have virus+spywares
    :o dwam but i'd formatted my harddisk 3/4 days ago how am i sure that i've virisses+spywares? and what can i do about that and how? (i quess that that means that i've to format my whole pc this time :facepalm: ) sorry for my bad english

5. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 16:29:17

You should check your start-up programs and your registry. Clean all viruses and stuff you don't need. Also please clean your start-up programs and your registry on a daily basis. You can find your start-up programs by looking for msconfig and your registry by looking for regedit. [B]Please do not mess with your registry[/B] if you are not completely sure about what you are doing. It could damage the computer. There should also be tutorials on youtube on how to do this. If your computer is clean get the Comodo firewall and WinPatrol. Comodo fw gives you a great overview about the connections of your computer to servers and/or other computers. If there's any program connected to the internet that doesn't need to be you can just shut off the connection, write down the name of the process and find it via regedit to clean it. WinPatrol will stop programs from automatically installing on your system and you can also view hidden programs. Hope this helps you a bit. :P

6. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 16:41:55

ChainBreak wrote: You should check your start-up programs and your registry. Clean all viruses and stuff you don't need. Also please clean your start-up programs and your registry on a daily basis. You can find your start-up programs by looking for msconfig and your registry by looking for regedit. [B]Please do not mess with your registry[/B] if you are not completely sure about what you are doing. It could damage the computer. There should also be tutorials on youtube on how to do this. If your computer is clean get the Comodo firewall and WinPatrol. Comodo fw gives you a great overview about the connections of your computer to servers and/or other computers. If there's any program connected to the internet that doesn't need to be you can just shut off the connection, write down the name of the process and find it via regedit to clean it. WinPatrol will stop programs from automatically installing on your system and you can also view hidden programs. Hope this helps you a bit. :P
    i'll try ^_^

7. webspider
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 16:43:51

Cleaning things on a daily basis? Cleaning the registry via regedit to speed up your system? Are you serious? I hope you aren't. Protip: Don't install unnecessary stuff. If a setup asks you whether to install an annoying searchbar you will never need, tell it to fuck off. If you can't even manage to check the messages popping up on your computer, you shouldn't be tinkering with stuff that goes way beyond that. Common sense should be everything you need.

8. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 17:08:23

i never downloaded/instal someting innecessary and i never download a toolbar and i run CCleaner 1s a day and AVG 1s a weel and diskdafrag 1s a month

9. Mats
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 17:11:03

Xienix wrote: i never downloaded/instal someting innecessary and i never download a toolbar and i run CCleaner 1s a day and AVG 1s a weel and diskdafrag 1s a month
    You still didn't answer the question I asked you. Have you tried running these games with the settings turned down?

10. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 21:09:11

webspider wrote: Cleaning things on a daily basis? Cleaning the registry via regedit to speed up your system? Are you serious? I hope you aren't. Protip: Don't install unnecessary stuff. If a setup asks you whether to install an annoying searchbar you will never need, tell it to fuck off. If you can't even manage to check the messages popping up on your computer, you shouldn't be tinkering with stuff that goes way beyond that. Common sense should be everything you need.
    cleaning the registry to speed up is not a direct speed boost for your system. Cleaning your registry removes the virus' entries which makes the system faster, because there won't be as much RAM usage. If you don't have viruses of course it's unnecessary. And yes I mean on a daily basis. Not in like spend 3 hours per day looking through everything, but spend some minutes to look into the start-up programs and remove stuff from the registry if necessary. Also looking through the running processes every few hours to see if there is any new. But maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, because I don't have a VM running on my system...

11. Xienix
    Date: Fri, Mar 2 2012 20:45:39

i've to solution :P i didn't instaled the direct x now i did and ut 3 has 45/56 fps ^_^

12. midniteferret
    Date: Fri, Mar 2 2012 22:36:19

Just get a cheap or free anti virus program...It will help

13. Xienix
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 16:19:16

and it helps alot if you cean the pc (getting all the dust out of it)

14. crinix
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 17:05:31

what OS do you use? W7 has DX11 within itself.