UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Greece

1. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 18:03:10

We all know that Greece has been in trouble. You and I both know that America won't get involved unless it affects us somehow. What should we do. Just let them sink?

2. neXus
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 18:06:55

Well ... you're America so probably invade and occupy.

3. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 18:09:03

neXus wrote: Well ... you're America so probably invade and occupy.
    Sounds good. Wanna help Germany?

4. neXus
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 18:22:32

Germany pays loads to Greece, I pay taxes, I do my part.

5. funnky
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 23:52:20

juggalo666666 wrote: We all know that Greece has been in trouble.[B][COLOR="red"] You and I both know that America won't get involved unless it affects us somehow[/COLOR][/B]. What should we do. Just let them sink?
    biggest lie ive heard all day

6. nateiskewl
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 00:04:23

I hope Greece dies and takes all of the EU down with it. The dollar needs more purchasing power against the euro before I go to Germany in the summer.

7. juggalo666666
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 13:19:11

funnky wrote: biggest lie ive heard all day
    ORLY So when has America gotten involved in anything unless it affected us? Tell me once.

8. PenwisH
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 13:27:46

any major country including greece, spain and italy (all having issues) failing would be BAD for the world. Countries failing are somewhat bad and will drag down currencies, economies, and trade. Big lynchpin that will result in our economy/stock market falling like crazy due to uncertainty. There is a reason why our government bailed out all the banks and companies. if one goes down, everyone is affected. As much as i hate bailing out companies and countries, it must be done to stabilize the global markets.

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 13:50:03

True story Penwish

10. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 17:11:50

the greek government cheated to get into the EU, they deserve what is happening to them, but the population shouldn't suffer from it.

11. PenwisH
    Date: Wed, Feb 29 2012 19:52:02

Eu helps countries that aren't as strong economically so i don't mind greece getting in but it also ties all those countries together which kinda sucks

12. Mats
    Date: Thu, Mar 1 2012 13:01:09

PenwisH wrote: There is a reason why our government bailed out all the banks and companies. if one goes down, everyone is affected.
    I thought the US Government actually let one bank slide? As for Greece, this is a crisis for the Eurozone. Even the UK, while being in Europe, is being much less affected by the Greek crisis than other countries in the Eurozone. In fact, the effect here so far has been pretty much zero. I think Europe will continue to prevent the collapse of Greece, as they have been by writing off debts and giving loans, until the time of the Greek elections. When they happen, who knows which way Greece could go? Will the USA help Greece? No chance.

13. I Need BrainZ!
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 18:52:10

A few days ago the greek parliament took the right decision to avoid a instant bankruptcy. The problem is though, that unless they really do something about massive spending, increase of production and enterpreneurship then the problem will remain and it will even become worse. They seem to take the opposite steps, I mean come on, the tax factor is 25% for the revenue somebody has(it is proportional tax, so the more you earn the more you pay :S) so last year my dad ended up paying 25.000 Euro just for taxes. The taxes are getting increased more and more while they cut spending in public schools(even if I am against them) and never cut their own spending. Need I remind you the MPs salary is still ~5000 Euro per month and everything almost free. They do not pay plane tickets, they do not pay food they eat in the parliament.

Spoiler

14. Sc00t
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 19:00:57

funnky wrote: biggest lie ive heard all day
    ^^^^^this learn yer (our) own country juggalo6666, were imperialist scum we dont need a reason..

15. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 17:44:06

Stare wrote: ^^^^^this learn yer (our) own country juggalo6666, were imperialist scum we dont need a reason..
    Tell me one war we've been in with another country that we didn't take a hit first.

16. MickChickenn
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 04:11:50

juggalo666666 wrote: Tell me one war we've been in with another country that we didn't take a hit first.
    We havent even been in a war (technically) since WWII, IIRC. However, most of the time we occupy other countries is unprovoked.