UPSB v4

General Discussion / World Cup 2012 - Round 3 Videos

1. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 19:40:21

http://worldps.org/wc12/?p=153

2. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 19:44:47

Quick summary of the situation: Group A: BRPSB, SPSB cannot qualify to quarter-finals PSH vs GPC -> PSH needs a draw or better to secure 1st spot Group B: PPP and KZPSC cannot qualify to quarter-finals Simply put, whoever wins JEB vs HKPSA secures 1st spot Group C: FPSB already qualified for quarter-finals, needs a win vs LPSA to secure 1st spot Simply put, whoever wins PPSC vs KMSC gets a spot. LPSA is eliminated Group D Only UPSB has a secure spot in the quarters. Needs a win vs THPSC to guarantee 1st spot. IPSB needs a draw against TWPS and hope for THPSC loss, or just win. ------- [B]Getting 1st spot in a group is important, because all 1st spot teams are randomly matched against 2nd spot teams for quarter-finals. [/B]

3. Frip
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 19:47:14

Zombo wrote: Quick summary of the situation: LPSA is eliminated
    :gloomy::gloomy::gloomy::gloomy: GPC vs PSH is hot

4. ChainBreak
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 20:10:54

Fighting KMSC >_<

5. Soren
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 20:29:34

Agony wait for round 3 ;(

6. King
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 20:40:11

Kima Lost? ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

7. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Feb 26 2012 23:52:02

Versus THPSC? This'll be fun!

8. PREDATORNET
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 01:04:57

lol tie between TWPS and THPSC. I didn't think that that would actually happen. That said, it was impossibly tough to judge between Baimai and x1213, IMO

9. pshclear
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 09:13:42

maby there is something wrong? "PPSC wins 2-1"..?

10. L-in
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 09:21:08

:hah: PSH FTW!!! Good luck to all boards~ Have fun in R3!

11. AirGear
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:58:57

pshclear wrote: http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab170/pshcLear/0736dd60.jpg maby there is something wrong? "PPSC wins 2-1"..?
    in fact it was zombo's expected lol

12. Yamaguchi
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:27:51

King wrote: Kima Lost? ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
    problem ? -_-

13. ~blast~
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 13:00:51

cant wait 2 see psh vs gpc ><

14. Gland
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 13:59:06

I want to announce that officially IPSB has sent an application to nullify PPSC judgement because it was late by around 12 hours. If it is nullified, IPSB and UPSB will be tied, instead of UPSB win. For TWPS vs THPSC, TWPS would be winner, THPSC would be loser. Now we are waiting to all team organizers approval.

15. Elune
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 14:04:21

lol if it's approved by other teams then this will be an indirect elimination to THPSC :rofl:

16. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 14:11:31

Gland wrote: I want to announce that officially IPSB has sent an application to nullify PPSC judgement because it was late by around 12 hours. If it is nullified, IPSB and UPSB will be tied, instead of UPSB win. For TWPS vs THPSC, TWPS would be winner, THPSC would be loser. Now we are waiting to all team organizers approval.
    Honestly I don't think that's going to happen. Zombo could have released the results eariler, but it was [B]him[/B] who decided to wait for the results, even though they were going to be that late...

17. Gland
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 14:23:01

I know this is not the first time it happens, but since PPSC judgement is very important to our group, we expected to receive an appropriate result for us (somehow we've got more votes 17.5-18.5) and zombo has agreed to ask team organizers.

18. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 14:23:44

VikroaL wrote: Honestly I don't think that's going to happen. Zombo could have released the results eariler, but it was [B]him[/B] who decided to wait for the results, even though they were going to be that late...
    it was impossible to release the results earlier even if I wanted to because I started compiling the results sunday and not saturday, I was gone the whole day on saturday and I received update about PPSC while I was compiling, so it was included in final results

19. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 14:35:54

Then forget what I said :X Let the managers decide. (sun)

20. Gland
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 15:07:04

because of the possibility of major impact to the group, @Zombo please release the voting result to public.

21. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 15:27:56

That isnt fair to THPSC. Shouldnt the PPSC judges be repremanded not the affected teans?...

22. Gland
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 15:41:49

current result also isn't fair for us, the best way is through the voting

23. taichi1082
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 16:04:16

Gland wrote: current result also isn't fair for us, the best way is through the voting
    Oh yeah? Can you please explain why this is unfair towards anyone? This is ridiculous. With all disrespect for the incompetent PPSC judges, there were late submissions all the time (~no time for timezones okok) No need to nullify anything, even more so when you guys are so desperately trying to get a win by such a dirty method.

24. Gland
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 16:15:15

taichi1082;179243]Oh yeah? Can you please explain why this is unfair towards anyone?[/QUOTE] I don't mean for anyone but for us [IPSB] because we have to work harder in the next round. if it's nullified, with assumption if IPSB draw to TWPS we could pass to next round (otherwise with current result, we can't make sure a place for r4 if we get draw agaist TWPS) [QUOTE=taichi1082 wrote: even more so when you guys are so desperately trying to get a win by such a dirty method.
    I just want to clarify that we not trying to get a win by such a dirty method. We just want to get appropriate result for this round, regardless the THPSC side.

25. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 17:28:10

Gland wrote: current result also isn't fair for us, the best way is through the voting
    I don't understand how it isn't fair, it's not like they haven't submitted their judging yet. They've submitted it already and if the battles were really that close then just accept that you lost one or two, it isn't fair for all the other teams and competitors if you guys can just have a vote nullified on the fly, and ex post facto, maybe if you all had brought this up before you knew the results, but again, they were only late by a couple ours so there really isn't much of an argument there either. The appropriate result is the one with all the scores, not one that has been fit to match your or your communities interests. THPSC and the rest of the teams in your group should not be punished for one communities lateness, you guys aren't being treated unfairly at all, just accept the judgements and try harder next time so it isn't such a close match. Maybe the reason why it was so close, and you ended up losing this time was a result of over analysing your opponent and your position, thinking you could preform up to a par and still win. Sounds to me like you're making the same mistake again, try your hardest the next round and accept the loss... To me the most appropriate result is the complete result and I would urge the managers to deny the request.

26. coffeelucky
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 17:30:43

and then we[THPSC] will lose because PPSC judge is late. Are you kidding *_*

27. Gisele 8
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 17:41:02

there's no way lateness is unfair in any way ^^ forget that and focus on next round lol pretty sure ipsb is very motivated and take this tournament very seriously, but don't get ridiculous ;3

28. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 21:03:36

coffeelucky wrote: and then we[THPSC] will lose because PPSC judge is late. Are you kidding *_*
    this is official THPSC response? then the results of the group d vote is 2 reject 1 neutral 1 for which means PPSC vote still counts. also technically the PPSC vote should be canceled for group A, B, D, also, so all those teams would have to vote. Because the 1 judge vote counts for tiebreak. the decision to include PPSC's vote was made before it was known what PPSC vote was, so there was no bias to include PPSC vote. if PPSC voted for IPSB, then UPSB would not have been able to nullify

29. Gland
    Date: Mon, Feb 27 2012 22:38:09

shoeman6 wrote: I don't understand how it isn't fair, it's not like they haven't submitted their judging yet. They've submitted it already and if the battles were really that close then just accept that you lost one or two, it isn't fair for all the other teams and competitors if you guys can just have a vote nullified on the fly, and ex post facto, maybe if you all had brought this up before you knew the results, but again, they were only late by a couple ours so there really isn't much of an argument there either. The appropriate result is the one with all the scores, not one that has been fit to match your or your communities interests. THPSC and the rest of the teams in your group should not be punished for one communities lateness, you guys aren't being treated unfairly at all, just accept the judgements and try harder next time so it isn't such a close match. Maybe the reason why it was so close, and you ended up losing this time was a result of over analysing your opponent and your position, thinking you could preform up to a par and still win. Sounds to me like you're making the same mistake again, try your hardest the next round and accept the loss... To me the most appropriate result is the complete result and I would urge the managers to deny the request.
    a simple question. there is a late submission, it should be counted or not? I believe that WC is a proffesional tournament so why is it wrong to questioning the deadlines? though we don't mind to battle with these result too. ;)

30. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 00:04:41

What I feel is that even though it may be an international tournament, it's definitely not a professional tournament. None of us here is are making any money from doing this. We're all doing this because we enjoy PS. So since no one is being paid to judge or spin, we shouldn't be too stern on judges who submit late. For spinning, if a spinner submits late, he gets more time to prepare for his combo and he will probably have seen his opponents combo already so that will be unfair. However for judging, there is nothing that will happen that will cause some form of unfairness if one judge was too submit late. Also, 12 hours is not an unreasonably late submission. In the end, the full results was not delayed at all. Speaking from experience, Judging is not an easy thing to do. With 3 rounds of 24 combos to judge, a good judge would easily spend a couple of hours minimum getting the results out. Again, going back to the fact that this isn't a professional tournament, the judges have a life outside of the ps world and shit happens. They aren't obligated to put Judging over whatever else they have to do in their life. As Zombo has mentioned before, Judging is the most thankless job in PS. Like last year, 2 rounds in and there already is so much shit piled on the judges, it makes it even harder.

31. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 00:04:56

What I feel is that even though it may be an international tournament, it's definitely not a professional tournament. None of us here is are making any money from doing this. We're all doing this because we enjoy PS. So since no one is being paid to judge or spin, we shouldn't be too stern on judges who submit late. For spinning, if a spinner submits late, he gets more time to prepare for his combo and he will probably have seen his opponents combo already so that will be unfair. However for judging, there is nothing that will happen that will cause some form of unfairness if one judge was too submit late. Also, 12 hours is not an unreasonably late submission. In the end, the full results was not delayed at all. Speaking from experience, Judging is not an easy thing to do. With 3 rounds of 24 combos to judge, a good judge would easily spend a couple of hours minimum getting the results out. Again, going back to the fact that this isn't a professional tournament, the judges have a life outside of the ps world and shit happens. They aren't obligated to put Judging over whatever else they have to do in their life. As Zombo has mentioned before, Judging is the most thankless job in PS. Like last year, 2 rounds in and there already is so much shit piled on the judges, it makes it even harder.

32. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 00:15:28

@hippo Late is late, even if pen spinning isn't your main priority, if you're judging the World Cup of pen spinning you have a responsibility to submit your results on time. Just because it isn't a professional tournament doesn't make it okay to muck around and troll like some disappointing submissions recently. Judging ISN'T that hard, if you're going to judge you have taken on a commitment, if you can't fufill it you simply shouldn't volunteer in the first place. The winners do receive prizes, but it's mostly to encourage pen spinning. They aren't obligated, but if they have conflicts they do have a responsibility to communicate before hand. I think something SHOULD be done about judges who submit late, just not in a way that punishes the spinners and not the people who actually missed the deadline. In this case however, the judges really didn't fail to preform their duty, so a slap on the wrist and some finger wagging seems appropriate, anything more, like nullifying votes, or placing penalties seems extreme and really takes away from WC's goal, if however a community fails in a way that is detrimental to the continuance of the tournament, something should be done. I find it it a little annoying though when I hear people talk about the WC so dismissively, it's not that it's the most important event in human history, but you should care and treat it with at least some respect if you're dedicated to pen spinning in any way.

33. Darkinhex
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 01:19:14

You sir are a very selfish man. I mean, seriously, you don't think it's a professional tournment nor any argument you are making. You just want to put IPSB in the quarter-finals, which is very hipocrit from you. I would also do anything to put my board in the quarter-finals, as a manager and as a member, but what is important for you? Getting to the next stage as a warrior, who won from TWPS, one of the strongest boards in this competition; or as a manipulator who simply put his adversaries down by convincing people? Seriously, I look forward to IPSB getting far far away in this tournment, but not in this way. I just wanted to share my feelings. Darkinhex

34. Raos
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 01:56:21

GUYS CHILlAX AND CALM DOWN. NO NEED TO FIGHT EACH OTHER ON THIS.

35. Gland
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:00:56

I hope for better judging, so I told zombo if there is possibility to nullify the late submission, and it's not happen. it's okay, perhaps there is another way to resolve this case.

36. nicco15
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:06:35

this will be fun to see what happens in the end

37. King
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:09:41

"Im mad because they didnt lose on a technicality"

38. VikroaL
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:38:01

Guys, let's keep this classy, no need to argue nor lose respect. Just my two cents about this issue (since I happen to be KMSC manager).

SpoilerTo me, there is no way the results should be nullified. We all know judging is actually a great responsability, and responsability not only means judging properly, but also being punctual to the deadlines. Hippo said something important: the judges are volunteers, it's a thankless job and everyone has a life. But shoeman said something even more important: being a judge means being responsible. Zombo gives 7 days for the combos to be judged, and 7 days is actually a lot of time...if you're so busy you don't have a few hours to judge 18 videos, then don't be a judge, that's all. But going back to the main topic: even if the results were late, this wasn't a huge impact to the organization, since even the judging was sent more than 10 hours late, the full results were posted only one hour after Zombo compiled everything without PPSC, what means there is no such a big deal. Apart from that, I don't see how sending the results late is unfair to IPSB. What makes that 1 hour delay so crucial for IPSB? Even if the results would have been sent on time, IPSB is still losing. But oh, nullifying them means IPSB has a lot more chances to make it to R4. That's fishy. I do want IPSB to make it to R4, but that means you have to be one of the 8 strongest boards in the world, and that means [B]deserving [/B]the victories. I would be so happy if IPSB would have won their matches, but nullifying results just to make it to R4 is ridiculous.
    tl;dr: The delay is no way unfair to any board. Nullifying the results is quite unfair to some other communities. Soooo nope.

39. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:41:29

so gland, was far's vid late or not? since i remember waiting pretty long for it to come out no hard feelings towards far, but don't you think you should apply your own judgments to your own team, and not just when they're in your favour? :P chill gaiz edit: I know this is not the first time it happens, but since PPSC judgement is very important to our group, we expected to receive an appropriate result for us (somehow we've got more votes 17.5-18.5) ^ then why didn't you complain for previous times? also, you guys got more votes in number, but the team who wins more matches in that round is the winner, so 2-1 can occur even if the losing team has more votes (this situation has an example in rulebook) @Gland

40. LIMIT
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:50:40

I personally know what Gland feels right now.. Thanks Gland for supporting our board this much.. :) nothing to worry, we [IPSB] will give our best in R3.. - end of the story - edit: Looks like WC12 it's getting fun each round :p

41. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:53:43

Good luck IPSB :) You guys have done amazing so far, beyond any expectations I had at the start. Let's hope UPSB will have the privilege of facing you guys again in a later round.

42. spinford
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 02:57:39

JEB is so risky in my opinion where they just sacrificed their two most valuable spinners Menowa and Kay. Kay should be more on the artistic side not for doubles. But thats the was it is. GOOD LUCK JEB I HAVE FAITH IN YOU GUYS!!!

43. Gland
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 03:04:08

i.suk;179361]so gland, was far's vid late or not?[/QUOTE] according to what zombo said to me the deadline is GMT-5. I think he was not :) [QUOTE=i.suk wrote: but don't you think you should apply your own judgments to your own team, and not just when they're in your favour?
    yeah that's good. I already have told them for that

44. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 03:22:15

GMT-5, ok i was talking to far on fb, and his video was not up until 8pm (or later) in sydney on sunday 19th feb sydney is GMT+11, so 8pm on 19th feb in sydney --> 4am on 19th feb for GMT-5 if i subtracted correctly --> still late i don't want far to get his video disqualified, since i know he spent heaps of time filming =\ but i simply feel that any argument presented should apply to all cases x) so even if my estimation is off by a few hours, it's still late idk, it's best we just not worry so much over this one judgment from one community, PS and WC is for fun, IPSB has already done very very well in defeating THPSC and making excellent videos, we should relax ^^

45. Gland
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 06:04:27

in the morning I was talking to him, and when I'm back around 5pm, I think he was uploaded his combo, I don't know what exactly when he finished. my time zone is GMT+7 you better ask him for that.

46. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 06:17:43

Gland wrote: in the morning I was talking to him, and when I'm back around 5pm, I think he was uploaded his combo, I don't know what exactly when he finished. my time zone is GMT+7 you better ask him for that.
    5pm in your time zone (GMT+7) on sunday 19th feb --> 5am in GMT-5 on sunday 19th feb, it's still late by 5 hours lol tbh i don't care if his combo was late, just that if you succeed in getting PPSC's judging results nulled, then i will be tempted to go ahead to null Far's combo from qualifying as well --> UPSB still wins 2-1, there is basically no change except for making a big mess :P if you stop pressing in your grasping at straws to 'win' by unfair methods, then i will back down too, i will only press this issue as far as you press it :)

47. Avocado
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 06:24:53

Chillax guys please dont make funs in penspining turn out into political shit or something.. you can argue for the best and rights for your country , but remembers we are making bonds with friends here :P

48. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 06:30:21

Avocado wrote: Chillax guys please dont make funs in penspining turn out into political shit or something.. you can argue for the best and rights for your country , but remembers we are making bonds with friends here :P
    exactly, we should just leave this issue alone entirely and be friends ^_^

49. Gland
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 06:52:15

I said I'm okay with the decision. I don't want to extend this issue either. I just want to answer your questions ;)

50. Twine
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 08:06:51

Well then I guess it's sorted. UPSB top 8 master race! On a side note I grew mahh nails! My spinning is unbelievably better (technically) with nails for some reason... Maybe because I enjoy spinning more with nails so I try new thing? Idk. But I'm so keen for R3 haha

51. Far
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 08:34:32

why was I in the argument lulz. lol, I see it's done. ^^ good luck everyone! derp

52. Yamaguchi
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 09:13:20

Far wrote: why was I in the argument lulz. lol, I see it's done. ^^ good luck everyone! derp
    the innocent far <3 <3 loveyoubitch derp

53. Chobi
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:50:41

Public apology from our head judge.

"To the public, I truly apologize for my negligence towards my duty as judge, let alone head judge of my represented community, PPSC. I do believe that any excuse I might come up with, anything that I might try to say to get away with this is nothing compared to the gravity of this situation, especially in rounds that have very close battles such as the last round. It is my fault since I didn't prepare myself so much for whatever consequences I might encounter, most especially time constraints. I knew this was to be expected from a judge, and yet I decided to slack off at one point, thinking that I could do all this at the last minute. Well, it didn't go too well. Words cannot truly express my begging for forgiveness towards the other communities and boards involved. I will do to the best of my abilities to prevent this from happening once more, especially in such a prestigious event such as this."
    I assure all of you that this will not happen a second time. I apologise in behalf of our entire community.

54. Gland
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 15:10:19

I apologize too for being ridiculous..or just over excited (sun) good luck everybody for the round 3!

55. Sc00t
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 21:16:57

and now things get serious here's what happens when we push to be perfect clearly this begs the question.. are we pushing science too far? going where nopony should go

56. IlbiStarz
    Date: Wed, Feb 29 2012 19:33:22

Ohh THPSC :D Wanna see more cool IPSB stuff.

57. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, Feb 29 2012 21:14:40

just watched Ocha. Damn, bigger troll vid than Sly.. and won?

58. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Mar 2 2012 23:27:46

received 4/16 lineups

59. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 15:55:54

received: PSH TWPS HKPSA JEB PPSC LPSA UPSB IPSB PPP KMSC GPC missing KZPSC SPSB THPSC BRPSB FPSB added new poll http://worldps.org/wc12/

60. crinix
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 16:16:56

Any news about peem's injury?

61. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 17:20:52

dont know GPC added missing KZPSC @

62. coffeelucky
    Date: Sat, Mar 3 2012 17:57:53

already sent a moment ago.

63. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 05:57:29

http://worldps.org/wc12/?p=153 I'm missing SPSB lineup... but im not too worried about that battle because both teams have been eliminated

64. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 06:16:23

anyone else lookin forward to eriror vs supawit and minwoo vs sponge? edit: I meant snow...

65. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 06:19:22

upsb vs thpsc and psh vs gpc :o EPIC UPSB FIGHTING

66. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 06:45:37

updated with spsb vs brpsb

67. Elune
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 07:36:23

Minwoo v.s Snow BaiMai v.s Hippo Supawit v.s Eriror x1213 v.s Nadhif :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

68. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 07:43:20

23.2 Technical: Supawit127 vs. Eriror WHAT WHAT WHATTTTTTTTTTT DREAM REMATCH.

69. coffeelucky
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 08:33:06

I'm very interested in Train vs Axel. This is the first round of both.

70. L-in
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 09:41:38

Snow VS. Minwoo is gonna be HISTORICAL lol! And supawit VS. eriror! Supawit, good luck! Expecting JEB double to be amazing this time! Anyway, as always, PSH FTW!!! :hah:

71. supawit127
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 11:08:29

wanna cry

72. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 11:18:05

supawit127 wrote: wanna cry
    Oh come on, you beat me before, right? ;)

73. fang
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 12:08:42

Erirornal Kraione wrote: Oh come on, you beat me before, right? ;)
    That was without theme right? You'll win this time!~ ^_^

74. Eruption
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 12:10:59

Minwoo vs Snow and Supawit vs Eriror? X__X *faint*

75. Soren
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 17:06:19

Yes Minwoo! Haven't seen much from him in ages. Can't wait to see what his combo will bring.

76. Sc00t
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 17:10:01

the strongest of the strong meet in battle

77. Furloy
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 21:16:07

@Zombo if UPSB tied with THPSC we would still get first spot right? And Eriror Vs Supawit127. Looking forward to this!!!! Supawit has power but whenever I look at Eriror's combos I question reality.

78. Furloy
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 21:28:34

Minwoo and Sponge are on the same team :facepalm: @4leek24

79. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 22:19:02

I guess he meant Snow.

80. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Mar 4 2012 22:29:36

Furloy wrote: Minwoo and Sponge are on the same team :facepalm: @4leek24
    i meant snow :P my badd ahah

81. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Mar 7 2012 15:42:47

first R3 video [video=youtube;hYkjHD_tFqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYkjHD_tFqo[/video]

82. Sc00t
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 14:29:04

Zombo wrote: first R3 video [video=youtube;hYkjHD_tFqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYkjHD_tFqo[/video]
    first shots fired also im not sure how i feel about this combo. it wasn't very spectacular and i cringed at the mistake in execution at around 0:20-21

83. Elune
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 15:26:13

well another typical powertricker ... great PWT, but nothing particularly new xD

84. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Mar 8 2012 23:01:15

[video=youtube;mBgDcerVjg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBgDcerVjg8[/video] Eight from KZPSC

85. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:19:25

too many off-cams not so appealing imo x.x

86. wsepw
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 15:14:52

minwoo vs snow supawit vs eriror x1213 vs. Nadhif I expect to see this match

87. VikroaL
    Date: Fri, Mar 9 2012 15:31:45

CrawLing and schung: [video=youtube;dqXwNdSwr_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXwNdSwr_Y[/video] And here is the compilation post in Spin Along (sun) http://spinalong.com/blog/?p=6671

88. Chobi
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 06:27:19

Enzo [video=youtube;Hbltl5dttGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbltl5dttGs[/video] Xperryment [video=youtube;Fu6EYsoAhyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu6EYsoAhyA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

89. HawkSerj
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 07:38:33

Mirektusheaux [video=youtube;2Vk_fAiX38E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vk_fAiX38E&feature=g-u-u&context=G2e17312FUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

90. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 11:20:50

[video=youtube;ACTJaInw9UY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACTJaInw9UY[/video]

91. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 12:12:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXZ3pOtaIY&feature=g-u-u&context=G2324157FUAAAAAAACAA Menowa*

92. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 12:24:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lDRBqLkBz8&feature=g-u-u&context=G28d2b5eFUAAAAAAAAAA Kay and Ocha

93. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 12:25:04

*sorry for double posting,internet issues*

94. EaglE
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 12:46:17

[video=youtube;AVqfYaJWfk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVqfYaJWfk0[/video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVqfYaJWfk0

95. Ivabra
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 13:32:52

[video=youtube;SSPph238AxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSPph238AxU&feature=g-u-u&context=G2528767FUAAAAAAAAAA[/video] Futhark's combo against Baaron. Kinda surpising, I think it's a tight battle

96. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 13:50:54

Kirua: [video=youtube;K5z4xY2lMAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5z4xY2lMAk[/video] Train: [video=youtube;DfO82i8B-3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfO82i8B-3k&feature=related[/video]

97. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 13:53:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1UcoaxWow&feature=g-u-u&context=G28d2b5eFUAAAAAAAAAA Kipple

98. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 13:54:00

[video=youtube;1HNdy4Cbas0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HNdy4Cbas0[/video] [video=youtube;jp1UcoaxWow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1UcoaxWow[/video]

99. Chobi
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 13:58:48

Xound and {TH}Ar [video=youtube;TX6_cn0OOT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX6_cn0OOT4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

100. Gland
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 14:03:55

Far & Avocado http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65BFJkKOPA

101. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 14:04:18

IPSB Far & Avo! [video=youtube;_65BFJkKOPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65BFJkKOPA[/video]

102. Elune
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 14:19:44

wtf ? JEB's double has just blown my mind :|

103. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 14:39:46

[video=youtube;ovKdPHYanKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovKdPHYanKI[/video]

104. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 14:45:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byoUNZ94LUs Impulse.

105. VikroaL
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 15:07:21

19/48 videos so far (sun) http://spinalong.com/blog/?p=6671&lang=en

106. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 15:44:04

[video=youtube;5SFP0yfMlYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFP0yfMlYw[/video]

107. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 16:20:02

[video=youtube;bcjmV7drk7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcjmV7drk7o[/video]

108. 78994
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 17:47:44

Shinra& Coffeelucky [video=youtube;RxXy73Z3f5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXy73Z3f5k&feature=g-u-u&context=G24a8e75FUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

109. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 17:56:22

[video=youtube;OIXfVms1I5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIXfVms1I5o[/video] EDIT: [video=youtube;ZvdxeVtVNn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvdxeVtVNn4[/video] [video=youtube;LFviNbUWYUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFviNbUWYUU[/video] There's a new concept in this combo by the way. Tentatively calling it perpendicular. Check the breakdown video to understand it better. I'll try to get the write up for it up ASAP I'm using a new 60fps camcorder but I still haven't found the optimal settings/setup for this camera yet, hence the lousy quality.

110. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 20:51:57

WTF HIPPO @.@ SOOO GOOD

111. miyat
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 21:02:18

[video=youtube;OAeCoUtcG-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAeCoUtcG-8[/video]

112. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 21:08:40

[video=youtube;J9o5yEaLJDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9o5yEaLJDc[/video]

113. Raos
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 21:32:50

Zkhan wrote: [video=youtube;J9o5yEaLJDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9o5yEaLJDc[/video]
    damn he could of done so much better with this combo, he still had like 5 sweconds D: oh well still very good XD

114. Twine
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 22:13:41

[video=youtube;xVqn6-HXGKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVqn6-HXGKY[/video] UPSB raping the world

115. Nashi
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 22:34:28

[video=youtube;Lp6HEO5hook]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6HEO5hook[/video] Eri. ^_^

116. Sponge
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 23:28:33

[video=youtube;j95XXDWSKdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95XXDWSKdU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

117. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 10 2012 23:52:21

[video=youtube;_qnCyix7CVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qnCyix7CVk[/video] [video=youtube;NJByVcdzfLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJByVcdzfLU[/video] [video=youtube;LBowkp-q-qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBowkp-q-qs[/video] [video=youtube;fO-YUG65ng8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO-YUG65ng8[/video]

118. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 00:06:05

[video=youtube;fO-YUG65ng8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO-YUG65ng8&feature=youtu.be[/video] Spongedisponge and deathfish, weeeeeeh.

119. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 00:13:52

[video=youtube;vbDl8c8MbTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbDl8c8MbTA[/video]

120. EaglE
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 01:09:11

[video=youtube;inV5zhcc6UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inV5zhcc6UM[/video] snow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inV5zhcc6UM

121. EaglE
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 02:03:15

[video=youtube;Kgho8Pj9OKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgho8Pj9OKk[/video] 741

122. King
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 02:06:27

What.

123. Raos
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 02:09:52

Twine wrote: [video=youtube;xVqn6-HXGKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVqn6-HXGKY[/video] UPSB raping the world
    dem cleavage

124. supawit127
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 02:39:07

[video=youtube;XH-naXhOVzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH-naXhOVzg[/video]

125. Raos
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 03:07:39

dem midbaks (eriror) or dem spreads (supa)? XD

126. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 03:41:50

gisele and lindor

127. Gland
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 03:59:28

Nadhif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOXDWeSrMCM&feature=youtu.be

128. Mats
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 04:06:25

Overall, disappointed with this World Cup so far. =/

129. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 04:35:28

Baimai

130. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 05:21:18

KMSC VikroaL & Alvaris doubles [video=youtube;tNZi73ct5Rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZi73ct5Rg[/video]

131. Far
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 05:41:15

[video=youtube;Yki6uD633lU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yki6uD633lU[/video] Axel from IPSB

132. Avocado
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 07:59:17

Mats wrote: Overall, disappointed with this World Cup so far. =/
    whats your problem man? every spinner pull their best to this sacred event.. please respect them!

133. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 09:27:12

omgzzzzzzz minwoo

134. supawit127
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 11:02:41

[video=youtube;7ff7tWiBLbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ff7tWiBLbQ&feature=channel[/video] should see xD

135. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 11:24:09

Download link plz ^^ UPSB is gonna win this year

136. VikroaL
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 13:37:17

Middle and Won :facepalm: [video=youtube;BVaCB_5z1uQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVaCB_5z1uQ[/video]

137. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 13:39:46

VikroaL wrote: Middle and Won :facepalm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVaCB_5z1uQ
    hahaha =___________________________="

138. YUi
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 14:13:20

Looking at won, i am WC STANDARD!!!!!! LOLJk

139. Dakrowl
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 14:18:26

lol WC at the end

140. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 15:20:36

is sly gonna troll us again? =P EDIT: found this on Mirektusheaux's video: "You have won ... my family circumstances do not allow to make a video ... stupid excuse, but it is ... Ssssss1y 2 hours ago" :facepalm:

141. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 15:36:52

missing airgear & co2 sly killer Kenes & DAsm will not submit because Kenes is busy with family

142. VikroaL
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 16:25:51

Same for Sly :/ You have won ... my family circumstances do not allow to make a video ... stupid excuse, but it is ... Ssssss1y 2 hours ago EDIT: Whoops, Walkaz said it before.

143. AoD1
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 17:11:15

Avocado wrote: whats your problem man? every spinner pull their best to this sacred event.. please respect them!
    Nah I have to agree with mats other then a few first round doubles and minwoo I'm not impressed with this years wc at all.

144. AirGear
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 18:55:59

[video=youtube;PJpRQ7ti_Vk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJpRQ7ti_Vk[/video]

145. Mats
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 20:18:33

Avocado wrote: whats your problem man? every spinner pull their best to this sacred event.. please respect them!
    I just thought this would be the world pen spinning event to really blow me away in terms of technical achievement. While I agree that spinners are trying their best, the general level is not at the blow you away standard yet. It is evident that a few more years are required.

146. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 21:34:01

Mats wrote: I just thought this would be the world pen spinning event to really blow me away in terms of technical achievement. While I agree that spinners are trying their best, the general level is not at the blow you away standard yet. It is evident that a few more years are required.
    :lol: :rofl: I disagree :)

147. Zkhan
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 21:38:03

Mats wrote: I just thought this would be the world pen spinning event to really blow me away in terms of technical achievement. While I agree that spinners are trying their best, the general level is not at the blow you away standard yet. It is evident that a few more years are required.
    Not every competition can be a WT07/WC08 If you are expecting some types of breathtaking innovations to arise out of this WC then look elsewhere. Otherwise, you need to examine each round and each spinner with intricacy. Can you not see the clear advancement in PS since the past World Competitions? Spinners, for example, in IPSB, PSH, and especially JEB are pushing the boundaries of what is physically possible--technically and otherwise. Everyone in WC12 are giving out their best efforts to produce pen spinning combos the world has yet to see. These new concepts brought to the table by the world's best are trending as we speak (the advent of the PD around, advances in linked 1p2h, performance spinning [see ocha+kay], etc.) I understand your contempt, but at least try act respectful towards the ones actually competing/judging/organizing this cup. Everyone's a critic, but to say this WC has virtually nothing to offer is quite saucy of you. WC12FTW

148. Gisele 8
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 22:32:53

that was so predictable without qualification round anyway. I don't consider that the wc has started ^^

149. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 04:01:03

Gisele 8 wrote: that was so predictable without qualification round anyway. I don't consider that the wc has started ^^
    i think next world cup will go back to qualification round + 8 teams. some participants are not taking this seriously, I think we need to make it harder to get in.

150. Gisele 8
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 04:35:32

Zombo wrote: i think next world cup will go back to qualification round + 8 teams. some participants are not taking this seriously, I think we need to make it harder to get in.
    good. yes, as we had 16 teams that was worth trying and nobody would blame that :3 but the result is that the beginning is not intense enough, and pretty long. much much doubles to judge also, so the editing is the key for many of them : and in that case collab-qualification is not much more editing biased (one of the legit critiscism about collab-qualif)

151. big619
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 04:39:35

Zombo wrote: i think next world cup will go back to qualification round + 8 teams. some participants are not taking this seriously, I think we need to make it harder to get in.
    that's a good idea, and then teams should be divided into 2 levels, one is Normal game, the other is TROLL game . The theme for TROLL game is what kin have said: "anyway you had to [B]troll[/B], why didn't you troll [B]harder[/B]? "

152. EaglE
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 04:49:16

big619 wrote: that's a good idea, and then teams should be divided into 2 levels, one is Normal game, the other is TROLL game . The theme for TROLL game is what kin have said: "anyway you had to [B]troll[/B], why didn't you troll [B]harder[/B]? "
    lol IMO the troll game will be a beautiful landscape of penspinning

153. Gland
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 04:53:21

@Zombo when I can download the videos? :3

154. Avocado
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 08:21:18

I see... i got your point now, well, every person have different opinions about WC..cant force them:sleep:

155. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:48:35

Gland wrote: @Zombo when I can download the videos? :3
    http://worldps.org/wc12/files/WC12R3.zip

156. Chobi
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 12:07:42

Zombo wrote: Kenes & DAsm will not submit because Kenes is busy with family
    iirc Kenes' girlfriend is pregnant so congratulations to him

157. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 02:35:39

Zkhan wrote: Spinners, for example, in IPSB, PSH, and especially JEB are pushing the boundaries of what is physically possible--technically and otherwise.
    I coudn't be more in disagreement. We are not even close to the limit. I thought we might be in this tournament before it started, but we aren't. I'm not saying I dislike this tournament this year, but that it fell short in terms of technical ability displayed. It is yet to disappoint so far in terms of creative combos and general tournament watch-ability.

158. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 03:41:47

Mats wrote: I coudn't be more in disagreement. We are not even close to the limit. I thought we might be in this tournament before it started, but we aren't. I'm not saying I dislike this tournament this year, but that it fell short in terms of technical ability displayed. It is yet to disappoint so far in terms of creative combos and general tournament watch-ability.
    Just because the spinners in this WC aren't meeting up to your standards in terms of technical skill doesn't mean they're aren't excelling in the technical criterion. Pen spinning progresses every year,especially in the technical aspect of the art. Are you not seeing what spinners like BaiMai,Eriror,Zunda,Meves (and I could go on and on naming spinners) and many others competing who are exhibiting [B]exceptional [/B]technical skill. Look harder, look beyond the superficial. You'll find that every world competition to date had something special to offer in technical and creative aspects of PS not to mention the artistic features of PS as a whole which have indeed expanded this art form nearer to its peak (which is still massively distant). You have every right to your opinion, but keep in mind the facts are apparent, and PS isn't like how it used to be back in your day. Saucy.

159. AoD1
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 04:50:22

Zkhan wrote: Just because the spinners in this WC aren't meeting up to your standards in terms of technical skill doesn't mean they're aren't excelling in the technical criterion. Pen spinning progresses every year,especially in the technical aspect of the art. Are you not seeing what spinners like BaiMai,Eriror,Zunda,Meves (and I could go on and on naming spinners) and many others competing who are exhibiting [B]exceptional [/B]technical skill. Look harder, look beyond the superficial. You'll find that every world competition to date had something special to offer in technical and creative aspects of PS not to mention the artistic features of PS as a whole which have indeed expanded this art form nearer to its peak (which is still massively distant). You have every right to your opinion, but keep in mind the facts are apparent, and PS isn't like how it used to be back in your day. Saucy.
    yea because, people back then were better and not bad kids

160. Vassenato
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 05:46:29

Zkhan wrote: Just because the spinners in this WC aren't meeting up to your standards in terms of technical skill doesn't mean they're aren't excelling in the technical criterion. Pen spinning progresses every year,especially in the technical aspect of the art. Are you not seeing what spinners like BaiMai,Eriror,Zunda,Meves (and I could go on and on naming spinners) and many others competing who are exhibiting [B]exceptional [/B]technical skill. Look harder, look beyond the superficial. You'll find that every world competition to date had something special to offer in technical and creative aspects of PS not to mention the artistic features of PS as a whole which have indeed expanded this art form nearer to its peak (which is still massively distant). You have every right to your opinion, but keep in mind the facts are apparent, and PS isn't like how it used to be back in your day. Saucy.
    Technicality isn't everything. In my opinion is its becoming too much of a factor in pen spinning. Not many people are innovating in anything else and If it keeps up pen spinning will reach a point of stagnation. Sure, the world cup/tournament always has had a few things that push the boundarys and put new ideas out their but the community has been too focused on solely the technical aspect of spinning lately. Pen spinning isn't just technicality and this sort of attitude won't help.

161. Zkhan
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 05:50:05

Vassenato wrote: Technicality isn't everything. In my opinion is its becoming too much of a factor in pen spinning. Not many people are innovating in anything else and If it keeps up pen spinning will reach a point of stagnation. Sure, the world cup/tournament always has had a few things that push the boundarys and put new ideas out their but the community has been too focused on solely the technical aspect of spinning lately. Pen spinning isn't just technicality and this sort of attitude won't help.
    Everything you just said supports my statement against Mats. Well said, actually. :3

162. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 06:45:27

We're not getting paid for this you know =.=

163. Ccw
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 08:14:55

I don't feel that the transitions are only a minor element in judging after seeing the results of 2 rounds. lol.

164. taichi1082
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:21:00

Mats wrote: I not saying I dislike this tournament this year, but that it fell short in terms of technical ability displayed.
    What are you talking about lol. Don't tell me you think Meves, Fel2fram, Impulse, Supawit and Eriror in R3 were short in technical abilities.

165. AyySolo
    Date: Tue, Mar 13 2012 23:27:13

PSH vs GPC epic battle..

166. Mats
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 03:24:16

taichi1082 wrote: What are you talking about lol. Don't tell me you think Meves, Fel2fram, Impulse, Supawit and Eriror in R3 were short in technical abilities.
    This is exactly what I am saying.

167. King
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 04:07:58

"This doesnt live up to my expectations because im an oldfag and everything was better a couple years ago." The whole "oldfag" attitude is fucking annoying.

168. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 04:43:36

Subject change to something more relevant. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Round 3 was the best WC round so far in my opinion. Menowa especially blew me away this round, amazing artistic concepts and creativity. I think JEB did very well this round. I also really liked Minwoo's combo. It was really fresh and full of creative ideas. I like this "new" Minwoo. Comes to show that he has improved in the last 3 years. Speaking of improvement, the oldies are keeping it real; Eriror and x1213 (our oldest/most experienced contestants?) have shown immense progression in technical skill and difficulty. They deserve [B]much[/B] recognition. How about your thoughts? What did you guys think of this round? Do you agree with some of the points I discussed above?

169. PREDATORNET
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 04:49:42

Although x1213 lost the match, I don't find that I care because I never saw him as much of a technical spinner. His style is what makes me O____O It's really a shame he uses the same linkages over and over though, I would like to see more linkages from him. that said, the swivel into indexmid bust linkage was really cool. EDIT: I think it's more x1213 style palm wiper into indexmid bust

170. jet
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 04:56:32

Zkhan wrote: Subject change to something more relevant. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Round 3 was the best WC round so far in my opinion. Menowa especially blew me away this round, amazing artistic concepts and creativity. I think JEB did very well this round. I also really liked Minwoo's combo. It was really fresh and full of creative ideas. I like this "new" Minwoo. Comes to show that he has improved in the last 3 years. Speaking of improvement, the oldies are keeping it real; Eriror and x1213 (our oldest/most experienced contestants?) have shown immense progression in technical skill and difficulty. They deserve [B]much[/B] recognition. How about your thoughts? What did you guys think of this round? Do you agree with some of the points I discussed above?
    I definitely agree about Minwoo. He spins like alfreeman and baimai now XD I also loved JEBs double. I'm a big ocha fan, lol. Hippo2626 is very 'fresh' imo. No one really spins like him in the WC.

171. Twine
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 06:09:38

Mats wrote: This is exactly what I am saying.
    just lol

172. Gland
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 07:33:20

My Predictions Group A: GPC vs. PSH 17.1 Artistic: [B]Minwoo[/B] vs. snow. Not a tight battle as some say, Snow is very artistic as usual, but Minwoo, I think almost perfect in all aspects. 17.2 Technical: kirua vs. [B]EaglE[/B]. kirua's combo is easier to understand, I see some nice tricks and links, but when I see EaglE's slow-motion... it feels like o__O 17.3 Double: Sponge & deathfish vs. Airgear & co2. both teams could have a better presentation actually, it's close battle though.. BRPSB vs. SPSB 18.1 Artistic: [B]Mirektusheaux[/B] vs. Sly 18.2 Technical: Pires vs. Rauber. idk. Good presentation by Rauber. Pires combo is suitable for the theme...and back to 2009, too many twisted sonic. lol 18.3 Double: Darkness & ~L~ vs. [B]Zaxap & GREYSVANDIR.[/B] Zakap and Grey <3 love this duo <3. BRPSB double feel less entertaining :/ Group B: [B]JEB[/B] vs. HKPSA 19.1 Artistic: [B]Menowa*[/B] vs. Killer 19.2 Technical: Meves vs. 741. idk. some nice links shown by meves, 741 combo just very technical. 19.3 Double: [B]kay & ocha[/B] vs. Middle & Won. JEB double is the best in this round. Unfortunately their opponents don't give a good fight. [B]PPP[/B] vs. KZPSC 20.1 Artistic: [B]Antraksus[/B] vs. Eight. easy win! 20.2 Technical: Precel vs. Simon. idk. it seems Precel and Antraksus should be in the opposite theme? :hmm: 20.3 Double: [B]Frasio & Rude Boy[/B] vs. Kenes & DAsm Group C: FPSB vs. [B]LPSA[/B] 21.1 Artistic: Futhark vs. [B]Baaron.[/B] close battle, but I think Baaron shown more original links. <3 Futhark combo though.. :D 21.2 Technical: Fel2fram vs. [B]Impulse.[/B] hmm another confusing choices, Impulse had a great technical combo, Fel....had a great artistic combo! :p 21.3 Double: Gisele8 & Lindor vs. [B]colddi & Wai.[/B] FPSB's very good double, but LPSA's even better. KMSC vs. [B]PPSC[/B] 22.1 Artistic: Yorch vs. [B]Xperryment.[/B] nice 1h2p by Xperryment. 22.2 Technical: Kipple vs. [B]{TH}Enzo.[/B] Kipple's is smooth and well executed. Enzo had a amazing combo, only could have a better execution. 22.3 Double: Alvaris & VikroaL vs. [B]Xound & {TH}Ar.[/B] PPSC had more difficulty, but I like how KMSC entertain the viewer, making concept out of the box! <3<3 Group D:

Spoileraww, sorry no comment for Grup D. :grin:

173. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 08:42:44

Zkhan wrote: Menowa especially blew me away this round, amazing artistic concepts and creativity.
    i guess i'm the only one who didn't like his combo, it pales in comparison to the strength he showed in R1 imo side note: chopstick charge was invented by kari-chan a long time ago ^^ [video=youtube;bjND_KM_RUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjND_KM_RUo[/video]

174. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 09:58:49

Aww dangit, I just woke up having a dream where I actually won this battle. Couldn't believe it. Darn. :P I'll just have to keep on dreaming. Also, thanks a lot Zkhan! That means a lot to me. :) It's not always as easy to find the motivation to keep on improving, so hearing that gives me strength. B)

175. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 10:45:48

i.suk wrote: i guess i'm the only one who didn't like his combo, it pales in comparison to the strength he showed in R1 imo side note: chopstick charge was invented by kari-chan a long time ago ^^
    Agreed. Honesty there ain't anything new in that combo that was particularly new or astonishingly creative and imho

176. Zkhan
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 13:21:37

i.suk wrote: i guess i'm the only one who didn't like his combo, it pales in comparison to the strength he showed in R1 imo side note: chopstick charge was invented by kari-chan a long time ago ^^ [video=youtube;bjND_KM_RUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjND_KM_RUo[/video]
    Isn't Menowa the first to use this concept in a full combo? :3 Far better achievement than just simply inventing the trick. Not to take any credit away from kari chan :P awesome spinner is awesome.

177. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 13:36:09

Zkhan wrote: Isn't Menowa the first to use this concept in a full combo? :3 Far better achievement than just simply inventing the trick. Not to take any credit away from kari chan :P awesome spinner is awesome.
    randomly shoving it in = \ = 'effective' usage :rofl: hardly an achievement to tack it on near the end while breaking the flow, kinda like another 'i'll add this forced creativity/random trick in just to get more creativity points even though it doesn't fit with rest of combo' :) also, i think inventing the concept requires far more innovation than copying it (i guess making a whole 3p2h combo which links into chopstick charge effectively is incredible, but no one has come close to doing that at all afaik)

178. crinix
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 13:50:16

Zkhan wrote: Speaking of improvement, the oldies are keeping it real; Eriror and x1213 (our oldest/most experienced contestants?) have shown immense progression in technical skill and difficulty. They deserve [B]much[/B] recognition.
    I disagree, I dont see both of them really improved. Let me give an example, when I look at Supawi127's 1 year ago videos and compare them to his recent videos(which are his WC12 videos) I can see his progress, he really improved. But when I do the same for Eriror and x1213, I don't see they have much improvement.

179. Far
    Date: Wed, Mar 14 2012 17:16:55

crinix wrote: I disagree, I dont see both of them really improved. Let me give an example, when I look at Supawi127's 1 year ago videos and compare them to his recent videos(which are his WC12 videos) I can see his progress, he really improved. But when I do the same for Eriror and x1213, I don't see they have much improvement.
    x1213 kinda used his often-used tricks from WT11 though imo ._. His only new stuffs in this WC12 is his 1p2h's and Thumbindexspin (I don't know lol). And the only new stuffs from Eriror are his Spiderspins, Arounds, and ending in my opinion. This is just my opinion, no offense to both guys. ^_^

180. Mats
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 00:35:52

King wrote: "This doesnt live up to my expectations because im an oldfag and everything was better a couple years ago." The whole "oldfag" attitude is fucking annoying.
    You guys really don't get it. :facepalm: You will see in a few years time.

181. King
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 00:49:28

Dont get what? I dont see whats not to get, youre upset because a few years ago the spinners were SOO much more revolutionary and SOOO much more innovative then the spinners nowadays. Bite me.

182. Zkhan
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 00:51:35

Mats wrote: You guys really don't get it. :facepalm: You will see in a few years time.
    Having a condescending attitude doesn't help in proving your point.

183. crinix
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 02:09:24

I believe it's because Mats' expactations and this graph I gave below. When you look at WC 08 and WT 09 and compare them, there's a serious level difference between those two events. So much improvement in just a year. But when we look at WT11 and WC12, there is not really level difference. It's because speed of improvement for penspinning is decreasing. Penspinning is getting closer to it's limit. I'm talking about tricks, linkages, creativity, hybrids. I'm not saying there is nothing left to be found but I believe most have been found. So I came up with this ameteur graphic that I just made in paint lol.

184. Advecticity
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 02:33:08

That graph seems to represent what is happening or, if not, what will eventually happen. I think that at one point, it will be more interesting to focus on trends, tricks and style that are most popular in certain periods of time (ex: Spiderspin currently) which may fade out of popularity and come back at some random time as it begins to be used in a new way. In most competitions that have been around for a while this tends to happen.

185. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 02:34:06

crinix wrote: I believe it's because Mats' expactations and this graph I gave below. When you look at WC 08 and WT 09 and compare them, there's a serious level difference between those two events. So much improvement in just a year. But when we look at WT11 and WC12, there is not really level difference. It's because speed of improvement for penspinning is decreasing. Penspinning is getting closer to it's limit. I'm talking about tricks, linkages, creativity, hybrids. I'm not saying there is nothing left to be found but I believe most have been found. So I came up with this ameteur graphic that I just made in paint lol. http://f1203.hizliresim.com/v/h/3js73.png
    You don't see a difference in skill level in this WC?, unless you count some spinners who maybe should are not truly world class, I find that hard to believe... There's so much left still to do it's silly to think we're anywhere near the limits of technical and artistic ability.

186. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 02:35:54

i.suk wrote: i guess i'm the only one who didn't like his combo, it pales in comparison to the strength he showed in R1 imo side note: chopstick charge was invented by kari-chan a long time ago ^^ [video=youtube;bjND_KM_RUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjND_KM_RUo[/video]
    Kari chans chopsticks charge is superior imo :p

187. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 02:46:59

theoretical limits = \ = practical "limits"

188. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 02:51:02

Practical limits > theoretical limits

189. crinix
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 02:51:20

@shoeman6 You can't simply call me silly because you disagree and dont understand me. Back to the topic, I do see level difference. But not as much as between 08 and 09. This was what I'm trying to tell. Where did I say we are near to the limit? I said "most have been done and we are getting close to limit" I did not say "we are close". Which can mean %51 that is "most" but not close to end. And look at that graph, it's a true graph and I also did not say "we are here" or "there" Before you call someone stupid, make sure you are not the stupid.

190. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 03:06:02

I didn't call you stupid? and getting close to the limit implies as you said "most have been found" when in fact pen spinning is still in its infancy... most of the oldest world class spinners are only five to six years into spinning, and invented many of the tricks they use today, I would argue, on that curve you drew it's no where near "getting close to limit", unless you set a limit for yourself. Also, don't take general statements so personally, it wasn't directed at you specifically, and I didn't say you were silly or dumb, but that the thought of such a thing seems silly to me. 08 to 09 saw a huge boost, as in a new category of tricks, just because it's not as obvious doesn't mean there isn't as much increase in skill. Unless you come up with a way to measure this somewhat objectively it's just a matter of opinion, no need to make a graph and suggest pen spinning is nearing any kind of slowing of progress. Stagnation occurs all the time, but the gap between skill level and possibilities is still so great that the suggestion that we are "we are getting close to limit", (which, is exactly the same to we are close, in my mind at least) is silly. Before you suggest someone is stupid, make sure you're not the stupid one.

191. crinix
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 03:14:56

We made our explanations yet we still don't agree. Keeping argue is meaningless then. I'm not stepping back. "Most have been done" That's what I think. Besides; calling someone's opinion stupid = calling him/her stupid. So oh yeah you did call me stupid in a way.

192. King
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 03:18:13

To visualize shoeman's post. I guess.

193. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 03:21:46

@crinix Silly does not mean stupid, at least I did not mean it to imply that. I don't know you personally so I can't judge your intelligence, and if having contrary opinions makes the people who have them contrary as well I apologise as I did not realize this. I guess we'll see as pen spinning progresses, how much is still to be done ^_^. I'm saying what I am because, just a few years ago some of the things we see now seemed impossible, and some felt the same way, that there was very little left to do, when now we see so much amazing new unexplored techniques, styles, and concepts. I didn't realize you felt so strongly about your opinion on pen spinning getting closer to the limit, I'm very sorry if I upset you. I'm sure you're ideas are as valid as mine. :)

194. Iota
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 03:36:26

crinix wrote: Besides; calling someone's opinion stupid = calling him/her stupid. So oh yeah you did call me stupid in a way.
    No, they're two very different things. That statement is fallacious.

195. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 03:51:43

crinix wrote: We made our explanations yet we still don't agree. Keeping argue is meaningless then. I'm not stepping back. "Most have been done" That's what I think. Besides; calling someone's opinion stupid = calling him/her stupid. So oh yeah you did call me stupid in a way.
    silly does not mean stupid, not even close. in english, they're very different.

196. crinix
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 04:06:44

It's not very different at all according to google. You can't blame me for that. I'm not native English speaker. I speak as much I know. Looks like people love to arguing with me. I did not want to get away from the topic though.

197. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 04:23:55

Crinix is using his language connotations. -_-

198. big619
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 05:08:08

crinix wrote: I disagree, I dont see both of them really improved. Let me give an example, when I look at Supawi127's 1 year ago videos and compare them to his recent videos(which are his WC12 videos) I can see his progress, he really improved. But when I do the same for Eriror and x1213, I don't see they have much improvement.
    Let me give an example, when I look at x1213 @WT07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVAM7bMLXw and compare them to his recent videos(which are his WC12 videos) I can see his progress, he really improved. PS. can you find another pser ,just like x1213 and eriror, perform from WT07 to WC12? Isn't it great ?

199. coffeelucky
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 05:18:33

much improving, less improving, anyway ps still improving :D

200. Chobi
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 06:04:06

Can't we all just get along and be friends?

201. Gland
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 06:42:06

Chobi wrote: Can't we all just get along and be friends?
    End of the story. ^^

202. Along
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 07:32:04

Chobi wrote: Can't we all just get along and be friends?
    why are you getting me?

203. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:47:21

crinix wrote: http://d1203.hizliresim.com/v/h/3jsp9.png http://d1203.hizliresim.com/v/h/3jspc.png It's not very different at all according to google. You can't blame me for that. I'm not native English speaker. I speak as much I know. Looks like people love to arguing with me. I did not want to get away from the topic though.
    you cannot base according to google translate. depending on context, meaning of silly is different. in context of shoeman sentence, it does not mean stupid. because you are not native english speaker, you should trust shoeman does not mean to insult you in english.

204. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Mar 15 2012 20:24:02

I think that people should interpret 08-09 as an spike of skill. Wtf we had like only 6 major tournament nts and people are already making conclusions on the all and all limits of pen spinning ? No way. imagine of we placed a say 7 year cap on things like magic tricks or diablo or tennis. things need change Over longer periods. We r far from the limit. (no pun intended ipsb)

205. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 02:01:36

we sorta are at are limit with penspinning for a while, dude think about it rationaly what else can you do? when you think about it really nothing, you can come up with linkages and shit but really their is nothing left to do, the next world cup and tournament is going to be the same shit as this tournament.

206. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 02:44:22

I think of people want a general idea of what is going to happen then people shou.ld look forword to performance spinning. Check out snow, simple concepts are drawn out and presented so much more beautifully. more ephasis on presentation and music sync. Check out minwoo and hippos revival of dark backgrounds to emphasize spinning. Music sync is another major area barely touched. look at figure skating and theemphasis of music there. Standing up and body spinning have also barely been touched. Weve come so far by spinning in a half m x m Areah on a desk. Imagine the possibilities with infinitely more room. Minwoo baimai and Freeman have just started to develop the concept of handlinkaging. look how gorgeous these combos r for barely a year of development. Theres probably hundreds of ways for linking and each link would have dozens of posibilities. The concept was probably just a joke in 07. If people keep adapting the mindset of limits, of course they will cease to grow in variety and skill. it recements itself. Rather, have no mindset of limits for now, explore and create. Go beyond and break limits and explore new boundaries.

207. melvenorc12
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 06:59:16

I've seen people talk about how "unimpressed" they are with this years tournament/cup since the 2008 world cup. I hardly followed the 2007 one so I can't comment on that. The comment that this year's is lacking is a statement that gets repeated over and over. It's just something you should expect people to say when a world tournament/cup goes on. I'd say there can be debate on the different directions penspinning was moving in at different tournaments and cups, but often times I feel that people say these comments out of shear nostalgia. I know I love penspinning from 2006/2007 the absolute most, but that's because that's when I started penspinning, so a lot of these comments often are made by people with similar feelings for different tournaments of certain years.

208. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 07:31:54

'you can come up with linkages' <-- ok, tell that to fel2fram :rofl:

209. Far
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 08:30:02

neoknux_009 wrote: I think that people should interpret 08-09 as an spike of skill. Wtf we had like only 6 major tournament nts and people are already making conclusions on the all and all limits of pen spinning ? No way. imagine of we placed a say 7 year cap on things like magic tricks or diablo or tennis. things need change Over longer periods. We r far from the limit. (no pun intended ipsb)
    trolololol made my day. ^_^

210. Ivabra
    Date: Fri, Mar 16 2012 09:17:10

Wow, I've just read all of your posts :D Please enjoy the World cup, there's only one worldwide tournament per year so be happy seeing combos from the best spinners in the world (y)

211. Chobi
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 03:39:17

neoknux_009 wrote: Rather, have no mindset of limits for now, explore and create. Go beyond and break limits and explore new boundaries.
    Mhm. ^_^

212. xperryment
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 05:40:49

results pls

213. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 14:54:52

i was busy entire day yesterday computing now

214. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 15:09:52

I'm missing 3 judging FPSB @Gland

215. Gland
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 15:13:56

Zombo, I sent it on Friday. lol pls check again..or np, I resend again EDIT: sent

216. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 15:57:19

Zombo wrote: I'm missing 3 judging FPSB @Gland
    Aren't you revealing the judges by doing so ?

217. VikroaL
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 15:58:23

No. They're the managers of the teams.

218. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Mar 18 2012 16:00:48

oh lol sorry D: